[Drama 2020] Elegant Friends/Graceful Friends, 우아한 친구들

larus

JTBC DRAMA 2020

ELEGANT FRIENDS

2020052600917_0.jpg

Drama: Elegant Friends/ Graceful Friends (English title)

Hangul: 우아한 친구들

Genre: mystery, crime, drama

Network: JTBC

Episodes: 16

Director: Song Hyun-Wook (The Beauty Inside,  Revolutionary Love, My Shy Boss, Another Miss Oh, Marriage Not Dating)

Writer: Park Hyo-Yeon, Kim Kyung-Sun

Release Date: July 10th - September 5th, 2020

Runtime: Friday & Saturday 22:50

Production Company: Studio&New, JCN

OST:

Official site: http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/teaser/pr10011197

Plot

“Elegant Friends" is a story that takes place in the wake of a murder case against the backdrop of a town largely inhabited by couples in their 40s. (Hancinema)

A group of couples in their 40's live in a new city. One of the couples are Ahn Goong-Cheol (Yu Jun Sang) and Nam Jung-Hae (Song Yoon-A). They enjoy peaceful and ordinary days, but, a murder takes place. Since then, their peaceful days changes. (Asianwiki)

Cast

Yoo Jun Sang as Ahn Goong-Cheol

Song Yoon Ah as Nam Jung-Hae

Bae Soo Bin as Jung Jae-Hoon

Han Da Gam as Baek Hae-Sook

Kim Hye-Eun as Kang Kyeong-Ja

Kim Sung Oh as Jo Hyeong-Woo

Jung Suk-Yong  as Park Chun-bok

Lee In-Hye as Yoo Eun-sil

Kim Won-Hae as Cheon Man-Sik

Kim Ji-Yeong as Ji Myeong-Sook

Kim Ji-sung as Na Ae-Ra

Song Hoon as CF Director

Yeon Jae-Hyeong as

Joo Byung-Ha as Jun

Kim Han-Sang as middle age man

Park Sung Joon as Chun Man-sik

Kwon Hyuk as Ahn Goong-Cheol (young)

Joo Ah Reum as Nam Jung-Hae (young)

Han Min as Jung Jae-Hoon (young)

Choi Dae-Han as Jo Hyeong-Woo (young)

Baek Seung Il as detective

Jae Sung as detective

Lee Tae Hwan as (cameo)

Posters

4960AB71-023F-4F97-B63F-AC37B0464235.jpg

89C7D243-F491-464D-9A5F-E8CCB56DE388.png

Spoiler

09069960-17D5-4DCF-BD02-A286B896D922.jpg

85C2F41B-F53F-4959-9FD5-FF9F35759CD1.png

Character descriptions

Teasers/Trailer

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Update #4 - New rule: "No Instagram embedded posts

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Elegant Friends 우아한 친구들 - Yoo Jun Sang & Song Yoon Ah
  • 2 weeks later...

@larus Thanks for updates. I see they're filming already. I'm looking forward to this drama. In a way reminds me of Japanese drama  Caution, Hazardous Wife.  Maybe because of  " backdrop of a town largely inhabited by couples in their 40s " though in the dorama they're like in their 30's.  I know it's not that but. I'll be checking plus it's the genre I like. Oh and Yoo Jung Sang is here too.

Is Bae Soo Bin the one in Dong Yi? Song Yoon Ah is the one in K2? Then I must have watch them. I'm not familiar with Han Da Gam

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jongski said:

Is Bae Soo Bin the one in Dong Yi? Song Yoon Ah is the one in K2? Then I must have watch them. I'm not familiar with Han Da Gam

I am familiar with all. :D

Yes, Bae Soo Bin is the one from Dong Yi ( I saw him in Painter of the Wind, Dong Yi, 49 Days). It is a long time since I saw him in a drama. Song Yoona is from K2 but I saw her in Secret Mother and Assembly. I watched  Yu Jun-Sang in Pied Piper and Falsify (but I was familiar with him from a long time through his agency Namooactors), Kim Sung-Oh in 4 or 5 dramas and Han Da Gam is Return.

Han Da Gam changed her name from Han Eun-Jung last year. I only saw her in Return but I remember her character, even when she played a supporting role. I think the cast is good.

When they announced that Song Yoona and Yu Jun Sang have received an offer to play together in a drama I did not know about the plot. I was suprised to see that it is a mystery/ crime drama. Of course, I like the genre so it is a double excitement for me. Nice to see you on the thread. :)

• Like 4

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Elegant Friends, 우아한 친구들 - Yoo Jun Sang & Song Yoon Ah
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rookie actress Kim Ji-sung will appear in the JTBC new drama 'Elegant Friends'.

309162_209486_2120.jpg

Kim Ji-sung plays the role of 'Nae-ra' in the play and plays with Kim Seong-oh. Ara is a college student and an adult film actor. I don't feel ashamed to eat, and I've never been ashamed of my job. It is a character who has a sense of justice.

http://moneys.mt.co.kr/news/mwView.php?no=2020011107088093306&code=w1201&MRN

"Elegant Friends" team dinner

202001181348771475_5e22920cb78bd.jpg

http://m.sportalkorea.com/news/n_news_view.php?gisa_uniq=202001181348771475&sp=&section_code=C1000&fy=&spnk=#imadnews

• Like 3

JTBC Confirmed To Air New Pre-Produced Drama Described As The 2nd “SKY Castle”

Jan 19, 2020
by S. Park
6dbb8fec94044aad91e08a9462362a41.jpeg?s=

A star-studded cast and intriguing plot have been revealed for a new JTBC drama!

On January 18, OSEN reported that “Graceful Friends” (literal title) was picked up by JTBC to air as an upcoming Friday-Saturday drama as the follow-up to “Itaewon Class” and “World of Married Couples” (literal title).

As a pre-produced drama that has already wrapped filming, viewers can look forward to a high-quality series this summer.

“Graceful Friends” is a mystery drama about a murder that occurs in a new town inhabited by married couples in their 40s and follows the story of a group of middle-aged men after their peaceful everyday lives are disrupted. This unique story line has already upped viewers’ excitement as it’s being likened to JTBC’s mega-popular 2018 series “SKY Castle.”

Earlier this month, Song Yoon Ah shared photos of the cast including Yoon Joo Sang, Kim Sung Oh, Han Da Gam, Bae Soo Bin, Lee In Hye, Kim Hye Eun, and Jung Suk Yong. She also expressed gratitude to her co-stars, who she filmed with for five months, and gave fans a glimpse of their chemistry.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1377841wpp/jtbc-confirmed-to-air-new-pre-produced-drama-described-as-the-2nd-sky-castle

• Like 4

18 hours ago, irilight said:

Song Yoon-Ah, and Bae Soo-Bin. Love them.  Lee In-Hye too.

I don`t know Lee In Hye but  I add Yoon Joo Sang to the list too. The last time I saw him in Falsify (I thought it was Pied Piper :), as the villain).  I saw Song Yoona recently, in 2018, in Secret Mother but Bae Soo Bin I saw him last time in 49 Days (he was in recent dramas I did not want to watch). 

It is a mystery drama so i like the genre as well. The articles said that it will be the next Sky Castle but it gives me more the vibe of The Village: Achiara's Secret.  Both are fine. I am very currious about this drama.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, larus said:

I don`t know Lee In Hye but  I add Yoon Joo Sang to the list too. The last time I saw him in Falsify (I thought it was Pied Piper :), as the villain).  I saw Song Yoona recently, in 2018, in Secret Mother but Bae Soo Bin I saw him last time in 49 Days (he was in recent dramas I did not want to watch). 

Yes, Yoon Joon Sang is a very good actor. I agree. I last saw him in "Falsify."
"Secret Mother" was the last I have seen Song Yoon-Ah in.
Bae Soo-Bin - I last saw him in "A Pledge to God." I liked that Drama. Also Han Chae-Young did a terrific job in it.

Lee In-Hye was in one of two of my favorite historical Drama: "Hwang Jin-Yi," and more recently - "Into the Flames," in which she played 2nd female lead. I loved that Drama so much, and her in it.

I have no idea why they equate it to "Sky Castle," other than, that they hope it would be a similar success.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, irilight said:

I have no idea why they equate it to "Sky Castle," other than, that they hope it would be a similar success.

@irilight I think it's because I think they all live within the same gated community (as was Sky Castle) and they know each other as  rich friends but.. I'm sure each of the couple or the women with their husbands have story arc with the main plot of a murder  taking  place within their  suburban community. I actually likened it to the jdrama Hazardouz Wife.  We'll get mature content drama with mature actors where as Sky Castle deals with mostly students and r-ship with their families.

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Elegant Friends, 우아한 친구들 - Yoo Jun Sang & Song Yoon Ah - Premieres in June

I am excited for this drama. It is pre-produced so they finished filming already. I hope that they will give us more pictures and informations when it is close to air.

Song Yoon-a, who visited the waiting room for the musical 'Heroic Color' in the released photo, is leaving a certified shot in a thumbs-up pose with Yoo Jun-sang. The heartwarming atmosphere of the two people, who have been playing together in the new work, is eye-catching.

image_readtop_2020_78024_157975479940628

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2020/01/78024/

Spoiler

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Team gathering

Happy day ~
I always feel twice as impressed with something unexpected.
You came to me for a long way and supported me
#Elegant friends # Thank you so much
#Hyoyeon Park # Kyungseon Kim

• Like 3