Quantcast
0ly40

[Upcoming Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2 - Lee Joon Hyuk, Cho Seung Woo & Yoon Se Ah

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

Am waiting for Bae Doona's official confirmation. If she would not be in S2, it wont be same. Shi Mok and her camaraderie was great. They form a good team.

I am sure she will sign for the second season but I am glad that she is negotiating really well her participation in the drama.

It is good she wants to be in the second season and they want her as well.

• Like 14

Production planning starts today  . Again I read here that BDN is confirmed but still waiting for agency announcement 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 6

I love this drama so much I finally decided to create an account! 

Watching season 1 was by accident because I had got bored of the rom-coms and needed a change of genre. The first thread kept me good company after each episode, so when I saw  this new thread was created, I decided to join in! Now, I must wait patiently for the drama to begin as it will take some time.. Something tells me that the thread will already have quite the number of pages before the first episode drops :smirk:

Edited by Moira13
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

November 20, 2019

Looking Forward to the Dramas of 2020

Source: Sports Khan via HanCinema.net

photo1125239.jpg

There is a line of dramas featuring famous stars and famous productions lined up in 2020.

It's the end of the year, but the drama industry is preparing for next year's dramas. As pre-production becomes increasingly common, there are a number of works that have already been filmed. We take a look at dramas coming in 2020 according to actors, writers, and seasons.

- "This actor is a must-watch"

Spoiler

The actor decides the genre of the drama. Those with probability and visuals are getting ready to star in new upcoming dramas.

SBS's "Hyena" is a survival drama about lawyers who represent the top 1% high class society. Rather than the intelligent and rational aspects of the existing lawyer character, it will show a diverse range of human beings involved in their interests. In addition, the casting of Kim Hye-soo and Ju Ji-hoon makes the drama something to look forward to. JTBC's "Sisyphus: The Myth" cast Cho Seung-woo and Park Shin-hye almost right away. Aside from the fact that it's a sci-fi mystery drama, nothing else is known yet. Still, the drama is looked forward to thanks to the choice of the two actors.

JTBC's "I'll Visit You When the Weather Is Nice" features Park Min-young and Seo Kang-joon. It's not about a 'prince on a white horse', but the simple and warm healing story of a man and a woman meeting at a rural independent bookstore is the driving point.

"HERE" starring Lee Byung-hun, Han Ji-min, Shin Min-ah, Bae Sung-woo and Nam Joo-hyuk is written by Noh Hee-kyeong, whose scriptwriting abilities have been proven numerous times.

- A credible production team

Spoiler

Just like a well-written scenario, the drama is a 'writer's work of art'. 2020 brings dramas from famous writers.

The most anticipated drama of all is, of course, Kim Eun-sook and SBS's "The King: Forever Sovereign", starring Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun. Despite the cold weather, they have started filming and are getting ready to meet viewers next year. "The King: Forever Sovereign" is a fantasy romance drama in which a deity has unleashed a demon unto the world of humans, and that demon has opened the door to a parallel world.

Writer Yang Hee-seong from MBC drama "Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo" and tvN drama "Familiar Wife", is attempting a very human-like weekend drama. "I've Been There Once" is the turbulent story of the Song family, beginning with divorce and ending up united in love and family, starring Chun Ho-jin, Lee Jung-eun, Oh Yoon-ah and others.

The writer of KBS's "Road to the Airport", Lee Sook-yeon, is coming out with tvN's "Half of a Half", a romantic drama about the relationship between an AI programmer and a recording engineer, starring Jung Hae-in, Chae Soo-bin and more.

TvN's "Hi Bye Mama" is a fantasy story about a Korean funeral custom called '49 days' and it is written by Kwon Hye-joo, who also wrote "Go Back Couple".

The book "Golden Hour", written by Professor Lee Kuk-jong, an authority on treating severe trauma in Korea, will also be reborn as a drama. Based on Professor Lee's vivid experiences, it is the talk of patients at the forefront of life and death. The drama is written by So Hyeon-kyeong and Only One, of dramas "My Daughter Seo-yeong" and "My Golden Life".

- Season 2, can't miss it

Due to the popularity of previous installments, a series of works to be produced for a season 2 will also appear. "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season 2", which is set against the backdrop of Doldam Hospital and its real doctors, returns with Han Suk-kyu from the first season.

Another medical drama on its way is "A Wise Doctor's Life", directed by Sin Won-ho and written by Lee Woo-jeong-I. It tells the story of a hospital of doctors, nurses, and patients based on a hobby band made up of doctors. The cast so far are Jo Jung-suk, Yoo Yeon-seok, Kim Dae-myung and Jung Kyung-ho.

The second season of "Secret Forest" is coming out too. The cooperative story about a lonely prosecutor who doesn't feel any emotion and a just and warm detective is coming back this time as a story about the murder of a prosecutor and the truth behind it. "Secret Forest 2" is also led by Cho Seung-woo and Bae Doona.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Stranger: Season 2

Episodes: 16
South Korea Broadcast Date: January 31st, 2020 | Broadcaster: tVN
Netflix Release Date: February 1st | Run Time: 70 Mins
Cast: Jo Seung Woo, Bae Doo Na, Lee Joon Hyuk, Choi Jae Woong, Yoon Se Ah

K-Dramas-Coming-to-Netflix-2020-Stranger

Returning to Netflix in 2020 for the second season is popular K-Drama series, Stranger. The series will continue where it left off with Hwang Shi Mook and partner Han Yeo Jin as they work to uncover the truth of the Prime Minister’s corruption case. The latest episodes will be available on a weekly basis.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/k-dramas-coming-to-netflix-in-2020

It seems we have a release date :w00t: At least i hope it's real deal))

• Love 9

1 hour ago, keyta said:

Stranger: Season 2

Episodes: 16
South Korea Broadcast Date: January 31st, 2020 | Broadcaster: tVN
Netflix Release Date: February 1st | Run Time: 70 Mins
Cast: Jo Seung Woo, Bae Doo Na, Lee Joon Hyuk, Choi Jae Woong, Yoon Se AhReturning to Netflix in 2020 for the second season is popular K-Drama series, Stranger. The series will continue where it left off with Hwang Shi Mook and partner Han Yeo Jin as they work to uncover the truth of the Prime Minister’s corruption case. The latest episodes will be available on a weekly basis.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/k-dramas-coming-to-netflix-in-2020

It seems we have a release date :w00t: At least i hope it's real deal))

But it is a bit weird. 

31st january is friday but the timeslot for tvn drama is Saturday Sunday.

Also by the time that came, Crash landing on you still hasnt finished yet ( they finish on 2nd february ) so if Forest season 2 Replace crash landing on you then they will be premiere on 8th of february. 

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 4

OMG Jan 31 is only two months away!!! They got their act together pretty fast, once they got together. I was going to cancel my Netflix subscription but now I'll wait!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Also by the time that came, Crash landing on you still hasnt finished yet ( they finish on 2nd february ) so if Forest season 2 Replace crash landing on you then they will be premiere on 8th of february. 

Didn’t baseball stuff up all the drama scheduling?  I recall a lot were pushed back because normal screening time was interrupted by sport.  So it could be a projected date which isn’t set in stone and it might be give or take a few weeks later.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Didn’t baseball stuff up all the drama scheduling?  I recall a lot were pushed back because normal screening time was interrupted by sport.  So it could be a projected date which isn’t set in stone and it might be give or take a few weeks later.

This is TvN right? The broadcaster who show baseball is The public one like KBS or SBS. For example SBS moved vagabond schedule twice and skipping 1 week for vip. 

TvN Schedule is pretty stable and rarely got delayed or resechedule. 

But if its just a projected date then yes it will be around that date but it surely will be later because the current drama will end on early february itself. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 11/17/2019 at 9:29 AM, Moira13 said:

I love this drama so much I finally decided to create an account! 

Watching season 1 was by accident because I had got bored of the rom-coms and needed a change of genre. The first thread kept me good company after each episode, so when I saw  this new thread was created, I decided to join in! Now, I must wait patiently for the drama to begin as it will take some time.. Something tells me that the thread will already have quite the number of pages before the first episode drops :smirk:

Welcome @Moira13 :D I love this drama too. 
i was just about to ask all of you fans to request to have Netflix pick up Stranger Season 2 until I read the other comments above me. I hope it is accurate. 
i will also keep a look out on my Netflix account to see when it will air. There is a coming Soon section in the app. :D

• Like 5

On 9/5/2019 at 8:49 AM, UnniSarah said:

@triplem  This is me best news

Thank you for  the mention yay yay 

:lol::lol::lol:I know I shouldn't repost pics but this is the BEST reaction gif ever (and pretty close to my reaction knowing Bae Doona is back on board for the sequel)! 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897465f901774e98a7620

On 9/26/2019 at 11:21 PM, triplem said:

Production planning starts today  . Again I read here that BDN is confirmed but still waiting for agency announcement 

Thanks so much for the updates on the production  Very exciting! 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Hmm...isn’t Cho SeungWoo in Sisyphus The Myth with Park Shin Hye too?  How will that affect the filming schedule?  But that one has no confirmed air date yet, so he’ll probably do SF2 first?

• Like 6

@nrllee SF 2 will air in July 2020. So this will mean that it won’t clash with LJH & CSW’s other projects 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Thanks @triplem.  Although knowing Cho SeungWoo (yes I researched him intensively after SF1 :lol:), he doesn’t like to do dramas with live filming.  He much prefers pre-production.  So even if it says airing in July, they may film much earlier.  CSW is doing Sweeney Todd the musical right now...that finishes end Jan 2020 so maybe filming will begin in earnest then.  LMH’s drama has already begun filming...so it’s probably pre-produced as well.

• Like 6

@nrllee @triplem things appeared to be pretty hectic for the main cast in early 2020 with all their commitments, will take some maneuvering by everyone to make this drama happen.

Bae Doona’s Kingdom 2 airs in March, hopefully she’s done already but must have press time too. Lee Joon Hyuk’s drama also air in March , is it pre produced somewhat?  Cho Seung Woo plans to start Sisyphus after he is done with SF2 since this drama is preproduced.  It’s  interesting to see this drama juggles actors’ schedules.  LJH has to film after his current commitment is done while CSW and BDN can start earlier.  Script better be good, PD better be great for this kind of collaboration.

Early 2020 looks fun, a bunch of dramas with serious potentials :D Wise Doctors et al ... SF alumnis Lee Kyu Hyung’s Hi Bye Mama with Kim Tae Hee, keep an eye on it too.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Bae Doona’s Kingdom 2 airs in March, hopefully she’s done already

Yeah I think filming is already done on Kingdom2.  I am just happy to see CSW in dramaland.  He’s very selective about his dramas so I trust his judgements.  There’s got to be something uniquely different about the drama before he says yes...otherwise he stays in the musical theatre domain.  I can’t imagine anyone but him being Hwang SiMok.  I adore how he and YeoJin bounce ideas off each other.  Both are just as intelligent.  They are equals.  I love that the writer has done that.  I am currently rewatching SF1 again just to pick up the running threads I missed watching it first time.  YeoJin has a backstory that was hinted at but never explored (abuse?  Potential hostage before?)...and SiMok’s dad has some story as well but it was never expanded on either.  His mom (who remarried) mentioned in passing that his dad is back...and SiMok then had that episode in his apartment...so it was obviously a trigger of a troubled past.  Were they both abused?  What would compel his mother to say to him (when he was 8yo) that they should just “die together”?  :huh:.  I am trying to figure out what medical condition SiMok actually had... Hyperacusis?  Tinnitus?  Was he autistic?  Was it post trauma,?  Being hit on the head repetitively by an abusive father?  But they seemed to imply his lack of social skills happened post op (to deal with his hyperacusis).  The surgical treatment was over the top though... that had me scratching my head... but O well... I will let it slide. :lol: 

The writer is just brilliant otherwise.  Life was another great drama.  It was the most realistic drama about the hospital system that I have ever watched.  I am a fan of her writing for sure.  :).  I like how authentic her characters are.  

2020 dramas definitely look promising.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, nrllee said:

YeoJin has a backstory that was hinted at but never explored (abuse?  Potential hostage before?)...and SiMok’s dad has some story as well but it was never expanded on either.  His mom (who remarried) mentioned in passing that his dad is back...and SiMok then had that episode in his apartment...so it was obviously a trigger of a troubled past.  Were they both abused?  What would compel his mother to say to him (when he was 8yo) that they should just “die together”?  :huh:.  I am trying to figure out what medical condition SiMok actually had... Hyperacusis?  Tinnitus?  Was he autistic?  Was it post trauma,?  Being hit on the head repetitively by an abusive father?  But they seemed to imply his lack of social skills happened post op (to deal with his hyperacusis).  

I didn't know if it was hyperacusis, misophonia or acoustic neuroma or a combination of all, drama was never clear.  He was definitely hypersensitive to sound, even to a point where little noise triggers rage in the boy.   He slammed the piano key onto another child, he eats alone due to social anxiety.  The doctor mentioned about lobotomy so it must have been a benign tumor of some sort, otherwise it would just have been blunting of the nerves.  Since the excision of the brain was around the area which controls emotions, he lost those abilities post op.  Yes, I always wanted to know more about Yeo-Jin sketches, she has a bunch in her apt.  My memory is a little fuzzy so I should go back and watch again too :lol:  Good that you picked up on the details!

Wish you had watched Life live along with us.  Was def underrated, our thread didn't  quite like CSW's loveline with WonJIn-A :lol: I actually like the ending a lot.  Good guys don't always win the battle.  They instead consider it a blessing to have survived to live another day, albeit a little wiser.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

I didn't know if it was hyperacusis, misophonia or acoustic neuroma or a combination of all, drama was never clear.  He was definitely hypersensitive to sound, even to a point where little noise triggers rage in the boy.   He slammed the piano key onto another child, he eats alone due to social anxiety.  The doctor mentioned about lobotomy so it must have been a benign tumor of some sort, otherwise it would just have been blunting of the nerves.  Since the excision of the brain was around the area which controls emotions, he lost those abilities post op. 

Yeah the medical side of me perked up with the mention of lobotomy... so radical and invasive? :huh: Only refractory epilepsy springs up with something so radical as a treatment option.  So yeah tumour came to mind but there was no mention of a growth to excise but hey I will just take it at face value that they had exhausted all conservative treatment and therefore were only left with the surgical route. 

YeoJin definitely has a backstory of past trauma.  She loathed that child molester she chased down. She told the underaged call girl that she had to live so that her final look at life wouldn’t be one of horror/terror.  And then there was that cryptic monologue to herself when she visited the girl’s high school and saw some giggling school girls and she said, “that’s how your school life should’ve looked like” as if to imply that hers wasn’t a happy one.  And she wants to stay in the Crime/Homicide division despite her chief suggesting she transfer out.  Her drawings I feel are her catharsis.  Memories of lost childhood perhaps?  I am glad she’s turned out so well despite her past.  She still loves life and believes in fighting the good fight.  SiMok and her make a wonderful team.

Ironically on second watch, EunSoo is the character that grated at me most.  Her drive for revenge had clouded her judgment and her one sided crush on SiMok didn’t do her any favours. I felt like she had this desire to prove herself to SiMok by trying to be clever/helpful.   She kept putting herself in danger so it didn’t surprise me that she ended up dead.  Just as well I didn’t watch real time or I probably would’ve butted heads with her fandom with my assessment of her character.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1