Quantcast
0ly40

[Upcoming Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2 - Lee Joon Hyuk, Cho Seung Woo & Yoon Se Ah

TVN Drama

Forest of Secrets - Season 2

Original title: 비밀의 숲2

Network: TVN

Airdate: 2020

Airtime:

Story:

TVN confirmed that the drama would be returning with season one writer Lee Soo Yeon

Cast: 

Choo Seung Woo

Yoon Se Ah

Lee Joon Hyuk

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 9

I am glad that they moved forward to produce the second season as they announced not long ago.

This drama is one of the most anticipated drama for me and I want the writer to give us a good story again.

They changed the PD but It looks like familiary faces will appear in second season. I can`t wait.

September 3 2019

Cho Seung-Woo cast in tvN drama series “Stranger Season 2”

Stranger_Season_2-tpSM1.jpg

Cho Seung-Woo is cast in tvN drama series “Stranger Season 2” (placeholder title). The drama series is a sequel to 2017 tvN drama series “Stranger.” Actress Bae Doo-Na has also been offered to reprise her lead female role of Han Yeo-Jin and she is still considering her offer. For “Stranger 2,” Cho Seung-Woo will reprise his lead male character role of Prosecutor Hwang Shi-Mok. The screenplay for “Stranger 2” will also be written by Lee Soo-Yeon who wrote the screenplay for the first season. Park Hyun-Suk, who has largely worked with KBS up to this point, will direct the drama series.

Filming for “Stranger Season 2” will begin sometime during the first half of 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/cho-seung-woo-cast-in-tvn-drama-series-stranger-season-2

tvN’s “Forest Of Secrets” Confirmed For Season 2

Sep 3, 2019
by R. Jun

400c291277224a5fbaa05cb8510cfb3a.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Forest of Secrets” (also known as “Stranger”) is returning for a second season!

September 3, Ilgan Sports stated in an exclusive report that the drama would be heading into production for season two, with the goal of airing in the first half of next year. In response, a source from tvN confirmed that the drama would be returning with season one writer Lee Soo Yeon and said, “When the second season will air has yet to be decided.”

The source added that the director has been changed from Ahn Gil Ho to Park Hyun Seok, whose previous works include KBS2’s “Uncontrollably Fond” and “The Princess’s Man.”

Whether or not Bae DoonaCho Seung Woo, and other cast members will be returning for season two is also up in the air, according to the tvN source.

The first season of “Forest of Secrets,” which first aired in June 2017, had an incredibly successful run with its story about an emotionless, loner prosecutor named Hwang Si Mok (played by Cho Seung Woo) and a warm detective with a strong sense of justice named Han Yeo Jin (Bae Doona) who work together to catch a serial killer and expose corruption within the prosecutor’s office.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1349838wpp/tvns-forest-of-secrets-confirmed-for-season-2

• Like 7

OMG, is this for real??? This is awesome:heart:. I hope BDN accepts the offer too:rolleyes:

Even SDJ is coming back lol:mrgreen:

• Like 10
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, triplem said:

I’m overjoyed :D . Pls make him a little less smarmy this round writer-nim. Some character development won’t hurt . 

Yes, but he was so EXCELLENT as the smarmy prosecutor! I actually quite enjoyed his character and the arc that he had to take. :)

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

33 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, but he was so EXCELLENT as the smarmy prosecutor! I actually quite enjoyed his character and the arc that he had to take. :)

I agree , he does excel in these roles but you know as SDJ he can be terribly slimy :lol:. Anyhow I’m just happy that I’ll get to see him again. Maybe they can change his hairstyle 

Spoiler

forest01-00159.jpg

————

Officially confirmed 

Update: Cho Seung Woo, Lee Joon Hyuk, And Yoon Se Ah Confirmed To Return For “Forest Of Secrets” Season 2 + Bae Doona In Talks

Sep 3, 2019
by R. Jun

Updated September 3 KST:

More information has been revealed regarding the cast for tvN’s “Forest of Secrets” season two.

On September 3, a source from Cho Seung Woo’s agency Good Man Story Entertainment relayed to Sports Donga, “It is true that Cho Seung Woo will star in ‘Forest of Secrets’ season two,” and a source from Yoon Se Ah and Lee Joon Hyuk’s agency Ace Factory also confirmed that the two actors will be appearing in the drama’s second season.

However, a source from Bae Doona’s agency SBD Entertainment shared, “She has received an offer for ‘Forest of Secrets’ season two and is positively reviewing it.”

Source (1)

Original Article:

tvN’s “Forest of Secrets” (also known as “Stranger”) is returning for a second season!

September 3, Ilgan Sports stated in an exclusive report that the drama would be heading into production for season two, with the goal of airing in the first half of next year. In response, a source from tvN confirmed that the drama would be returning with season one writer Lee Soo Yeon and said, “When the second season will air has yet to be decided.”

The source added that the director has been changed from Ahn Gil Ho to Park Hyun Seok, whose previous works include KBS2’s “Uncontrollably Fond” and “The Princess’s Man.”

Whether or not Bae Doona, Cho Seung Woo, and other cast members will be returning for season two is also up in the air, according to the tvN source.

The first season of “Forest of Secrets,” which first aired in June 2017, had an incredibly successful run with its story about an emotionless, loner prosecutor named Hwang Si Mok (played by Cho Seung Woo) and a warm detective with a strong sense of justice named Han Yeo Jin (Bae Doona) who work together to catch a serial killer and expose corruption within the prosecutor’s office.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1349838wpp/tvns-forest-of-secrets-confirmed-for-season-2

Edited by triplem
  • Like 9

September 3, 2019

Yoon Se-ah and Lee Joon-hyuk Confirm Roles in "Secret Forest 2"

Source: TV Daily via HanCinema.net

photo1097884.jpg

Yoon Se-ah and Lee Joon-hyuk are starring in the second season of "Secret Forest".

Ace Factory sources confirmed that the actress and actor going to be in the second season.

Previously, tvN announced that "Secret Forest 2" is coming out, but its broadcasting period is unknown.

"Secret Forest" was first broadcast on the 10th of June in 2017 and it's an internal secret-tracking drama about a lonely prosecutor who doesn't feel emotions, and a warm and just detective that delve into the prosecutor's sponsor murder case.

In season 1, Yoon Se-ah played Lee Yeon-jae, a villain who did anything for her husband, Lee Chang-joon (Yoo Jae-myung). Lee Joon-hyuk took on the role of Seo Dong-jae, a corrupt prosecutor wrapped in a sense of inferiority.

Meanwhile, Cho Seung-woo has confirmed his role as one of the lead stars in "Secret Forest 2", but Bae Doona is still considering.

September 2, 2019

tvN Confirms "Secret Forest 2", Cho Seung-woo on Board, Bae Doona Considering

Via: HanCinema.net

photo1097625.jpg

The second season of "Secret Forest" is taking off.

tvN announced that "Secret Forest" is coming out with season 2, but the release time is unknown.

Writer Lee Soo-yeon-I is in charge of the second season, "Secret Forest 2", but there will be a change in PD from Ahn Gil-ho to Park Hyeon-seok. Park Hyeon-seok is known for his works such as KBS 2TV drama "Uncontrollably Fond" and "The Princess' Man".

When it comes to the cast, actor Cho Seung-woo has confirmed his participation, while Bae Doona's agency has stated that the role offer has been made, but she can only make a decision after the drama's release time has been confirmed.

"Secret Forest" is a tvN Saturday / Sunday drama that was broadcast from June to July of 2017. Throughout the show, it had been loved by viewers, continuing its steady rise in ratings and buzz. Therefore, many viewers demanded Season 2 after the end of the first season.

Sources: (1) (2)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Jo Seung-woo confirms second season of Forest of Secrets

by tineybeanie

jswoo.jpg

After two years of much anticipation, hit 2017 legal thriller Forest of Secrets (a.k.a. Stranger) has officially started casting for its second season. The story from season one was about a prosecutor who had a crucial surgery on his brain in childhood that left him unable to feel emotions. He partners up with a righteous, warm cop, and they begin to pursue a murder case that leads them right back to the door of the prosecutorial organization.

For season two, it has been announced that writer Lee Soo-yeon from season one will be returning to write the script, but the director has been changed from Ahn Gil-ho to Park Hyun-seok (Dance Sports Girls, Uncontrollably Fond).

Additionally, according to his agency, Jo Seung-woo (Life), who starred in the first season as an emotionless prosecutor, will be reprising his role as Hwang Shi-mok. Currently, his co-star Bae Doo-na (Kingdom), who played his partner, Detective Han Yeo-jin, has been offered her role again, but she has yet to confirm.

The ratings for Forest of Secrets were amazing, beginning with 3.041% and rising to 6.568% according to the Nielson Korea system. It also won all kinds of awards including the Daesang at the 2018 Baeksang Arts Awards and the 2017 Seoul Awards. So there are high hopes for season two.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/jo-seung-woo-confirms-second-season-of-forest-of-secrets/

• Like 11

Tent GIF - PitchingATent Tent Camping GIFs

Just came by to pitch my tent here and say hi to all my FoS season 1 thread-mates.:wub:

@UnniSarah  Hi... Keeping fingers crossed for BDN to confirm.                                                           

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

I am so ready for this - thanks for starting this thread @0ly40

Like many posters have mentioned, hoping for good news soon from the Bae Doo Na camp!

It would be nice to get character development for everyone, honestly. Would love to know what makes Han Yeo Jin tick, not to mention the creepily elegant widow of Lee Chang Joon... 

And by all means, bring on the smarm, it was so much fun :P I do wonder how those two clerks who used to work for Prosecutor Hwang coped with their new boss :sweatingbullets:

Roll on 2020 :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I wish they would also get back Lee Kyu Hyung on S2....even as a guest appearance. They can show HYJ or the other members of the investigation team visiting him.

• Like 6

Hello dear @UnniSarah it seems from this Twitter handle that she’s confirmed. Waiting to see if there are articles coming out 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 9/4/2019 at 6:45 AM, AC95 said:

Like many posters have mentioned, hoping for good news soon from the Bae Doo Na camp!

It would be nice to get character development for everyone, honestly. Would love to know what makes Han Yeo Jin tick, not to mention the creepily elegant widow of Lee Chang Joon... 

Yeah, Bae Doo Na is the key... there's much to tell about her background, how are her sketches linked to her past (the apartment!), where is the rest of her family?! 

Yoon Se Ah is a marvelous actress, her widow character could be the villainess Yeo-jin needed... does anyone here watch "Killing Eve"? :D  cuz I for once want prosecutor Hwang be in a supporting role with his partner.

Bae Doona keeps posting videos of Stranger 1 on her IG!!! I haven't watched works of this PD?  Any opinion here about him?

@triplem thank you dear for the mention.  I am so behind Justice, need to catch the last 2 episodes. :glasses:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Am waiting for Bae Doona's official confirmation. If she would not be in S2, it wont be same. Shi Mok and her camaraderie was great. They form a good team.

• Love 4

Thanks @triplem for guiding me here!! I am really looking forward to season 2. Crossing my fingers there will be good news about Bae Doona soon. Then I would be absolutely over the moon!

• Like 2
  • Love 3