[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

@Gummi it’s always been WTH initiating those meetings with CB?  Now that we have added info about him I feel like he’s used those meetings to fish for intel from her end (the Police investigations)?  He seemed to be doing it under the guise of being “concerned” about her?  I don’t know :lol:.  But yes I agree, so odd that he should volunteer to accompany her to see Oh when he’s never done so before.  I am starting to doubt everyone’s intentions now.  Nothing’s sacrosanct anymore.   We’re on the home stretch and everyone’s looking suspicious... at one point I was doubting the young Police guy :lol: who took out Baek.  

• Like 7

Forest of Secrets 2: Episode 11

by quirkycase

FoS211-00554.jpg

Things start moving fast once a witness enters the picture and purports to be able to identify the culprit. Everyone is desperate for a break in the case, but his accusations put one organization in particular in a bind. And while the welcome testimony of the eyewitness may help catch the culprit, that’s only the first step in finding our missing prosecutor.

EPISODE 11

FoS211-00057.jpgFoS211-00056.jpg

While Gun tracks down the witness, the ex-chief waits in an empty conference room at the National Police Agency. He’s soon joined by the Segok cops, including his nephew Soo-hang. They wait for Soon-chang to bring in Joong-gi.

Soon-chang manages to find him, but when he sees him walking down the street with a crowbar, he decides to follow rather than approach. As if the crowbar wasn’t suspicious enough, Joong-gi then buys a huge canister of bleach. Soon-chang follows him through winding back streets and alleys to an old motel. Joong-gi only stays in the room a couple of minutes before leaving again.

Once he’s gone, Soon-chang uses a fire extinguisher to knock off the door handle and cautiously enters, taser drawn. He sees what looks like a person underneath a blanket on the floor and pulls back the covers with trepidation. It’s an elderly woman.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/forest-of-secrets-2-episode-11/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@bedifferent are you an investigator for real? :kiss_wink: I always find hidden clues from your post!  Did WTH got a text from PGS on the day he had the accident? 
i knew all the cases mentioned in E1 would play a bigger role down the track. 

@Gummi Dir Park is on the top of my suspect list from the start. We know little about him but he seems to know a lot about everyone. I suspected he bugged LYJ a few episodes ago. 
I think LYJ is still suspicious of Dir Park, the way she observed him when giving instruction and Dir Park had that calculating look when they talked about PGS. 

@nrllee nooo how could you doubt the young police? Poor him :tounge_wink:

i am amazed at the amount of detail this writer put in her works. I have never used this much brain power watching a show. DARK comes close because of multiple worlds and timelines. Here I have to pay attention to not only the details and hidden clues scattered everywhere, but character’s dialogue and expression. But I like it. 

• Like 8

@farawayland yes i love love this writer. I havent watched Life but i think i will watch it next for Cho Seung Woo and writer nim. 

I wonder whether the drowning case will surface again? 4 episodes seem too short to tie up all the loose ends?! 

I dont understand why Hanjo would want to kill PGS just because he told his wife about working with Hanjo. Wondering if he could have died of a heart attack at the vacation house while in a secret meeting with LYJ's brother or some Hanjo heads? They had to dump his body somewhere just to ensure no one would link him.to hanjo. He for sure had too low alcohol levels to be considered as drink driving. Since the theme of S2 is about staying silent, it could be that no one orchestrated any murder like in S1 but everyone somehow stayed silent. Like how Kim Su Hang stayed silent and kept Song's suicide note? 

• Like 7

I learnt more about the show after reading all the excellent analyses, observations and comments from this forum. Thank you! 

I wonder whether Hwang Shi Mok (HSM) managed to keep up with the morning appointment with Chief Prosecutor Kang regarding Park Kwang Su after he found out that they were both from the 25th training batch the night before.

At Kim Sa Hyun's office, HSM paused and looked at something in a basket before getting out. I wonder if there is anything significant about that.

I am still in cloud 9 with all the lovely HSM/Han Yeo Jin scenes that showed how well they understood  and are concerned for each other. The best partners! 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Jen K said:

My korean is pretty terrible but is his nickname is “gochujang” as in red pepper? I thought I heard one of the other officers call him that. 

Yes, it's hot red pepper paste.

"Soon Chang" is a popular brand of red pepper paste, so that's why she calls him that.

She also drew one of her pictures for him and it was the package of the "soon chang gochujang"

Here is an example:

81iMITF351L._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, ross27 said:

At Kim Sa Hyun's office, HSM paused and looked at something in a basket before getting out. I wonder if there is anything significant that

After SM saw that thing, he asked which office took care of the past crimes of the fake witness. Turn out It was the one KSH used to work. 

• Like 6

It maybe off topic but detective  Jang  comment on how it feel seeing them argue like that and just taking one side and attacking  each others,  Is  just like how I feel  seeing them like this 

No not only them,  it just how I feel seeing the political in my country  and the world especially  after the covid crisis and the political  and economic  change as results, and hearing  all the wrong decisions and fighting  over what to do , it feel like watching children in kindergarten fighting  over a tools  where there  no one really care about logic  or the issue itself  

I have to write that, as showing my respect  to the writer, she really give you the feeling of being one of the normal  citizens and their views of things ( I really like that on her , she not taking sides  but try her best to show the conflict itself, and more she really feel one of us  seeing our view of life ) 

Making Jang saying that simple  fact and words  is making her more great in my eyes  then she already  Is,  she deserve so much respect 

P.s. Jang get  me the  feeling  when a innocent  kid in the room say something wise  to all the wrongs adults around him, and it just hits them with simple  logic and innocent view 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 10

On 9/21/2020 at 6:41 AM, bedifferent said:

Since last season, Kang tried hard to stay uninvolved, choosing to be bystander in order to survive the political world of prosecutors.  I hope he will rise to the challenge, choose a side and become involved, choosing to fight the good fight this time.  I don't want SM to be disappointed in his mentor again. 

OH oh! After reading that I've stopped. I saw all the good news about Yeo Jin and Si Mok having the long awaiting togetherness friendship scene and everything was alright again.

I have faith in CP Kang, Si Mok will be around to stop him. Back in the start when Si Mok reminded him that Hanjo HQ would be happy with the rebuttal, he looked uncomfortable enough.

Zzz I'll watch ep 12 which I've saved for tonight!! Sorry Dong Jae, but after hearing about YJ and SM scenes, you've fallen to the back of my mind

• Like 7

2 hours ago, pompyavi said:

He was annoyed but tried not to show it. LOL

Poor him he was also in pain , she the only  one who ever dare to hit him :joy: ( the  man didnt even have friend  to play or joke with him like while grown  up )

I just like he also talk about it  "I cant breath well" as  he was annoyed at her saying " you get upset fast, it was  nothing " 

And he was like : it hurts  what nothing :joy:

He has no chance to keep his cool  face and behavior around her :heartxoxo: and we enjoying it :heart:

Love them and missing them and their scenes, SM  is just a child around  her and she also giving him that treatment  " you become  stronger,  you did well " 

18 hours ago, ross27 said:

I wonder whether Hwang Shi Mok (HSM) managed to keep up with the morning appointment with Chief Prosecutor Kang regarding Park Kwang Su after he found out that they were both from the 25th training batch the night before.

Yeh I was woundering  about that ge was supposed  to see him the next day 

And as someone  her asked before  what about Jang  investigate SDJ  wife phone calls  ? 

Ah what about the scene when they taken over  their investigate   as it was in last week previews  ? ( is it going to happen this week, they getting  close so someone will force them to back off the case) 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

I feel like my replay button is stuck on ep 12 <3  Did CSW say he will smile at least 3 times in S2? I am waiting on more smiles, and i pray PD will give his next smile more airtime instead of cutting away so quickly!! We need zoom in and slow mo ++

Does anyone know if SM and YJ use formal way of speaking with each or is it casual? I know SM sounds v formal so far but YJ sometimes sound casual, her way of speaking though i dont know if she is doing ban-maal? 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Gummi said:

I feel like my replay button is stuck on ep 12 <3  Did CSW say he will smile at least 3 times in S2? I am waiting on more smiles, and i pray PD will give his next smile more airtime instead of cutting away so quickly!! We need zoom in and slow mo ++

I feel you! E12 has been on repeat! Why did they zoom out while he was still smiling? Grrrr... Yes I remember CSW said he will smile a few times this season. Despite the heaviness of the topic, I think it will end with a hopeful note, just like what LCJ said at the beginning. 

I think what CB and WTH or whoever involved was trying to cover up, had more to do with who and where he met. The heart attack might have happened at the meeting. They didn’t want the public to know about the ugly side of the prosecutor or the government. 

What am I going to do with my life when  this drama ends? :(

• Like 7

2 hours ago, pompyavi said:

I feel you here. But it won't be long that we won't see Cho Seung Woo. His another drama Sisyphus would come in first half of 2020

Can’t believe CSW accepted another drama after SF2. We know so little about the story and the writer. From what i read the writer’s previous drama was not well received :grimace: I am really worried about his chemistry with PSH though. I am his fan, i will watch whatever show he is in.  Fingers crossed! 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, farawayland said:

Can’t believe CSW accepted another drama after SF2. We know so little about the story and the writer. From what i read the writer’s previous drama was not well received  I am really worried about his chemistry with PSH though. I am his fan, i will watch whatever show he is in.  Fingers crossed! 

off topic: What I have known that its about time travel. And honestly, I haven't seen any movie/series justifying time travel with scientific concepts apart from DARK. Just hoping him to be awesome as always :grin:

• Like 4

Notice that YJ wearing similar  clothes  in ep 12 to the clothes  she was wearing in the long preview  scene where the press  and police  searching in the filed so it going to happen  next ep ?? 

Between  YJ and SM  car scene in ep 12 and Choi and Woo meeting with LYJ  in evening  I guess we going to see in ep 13 scenes of YJ  and SM  while they go to the police  station  as they were planning  

So  many things can happen  between  this two scenes beside what going to happen  at that  night 

• Like 4