Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

On 9/4/2020 at 11:17 PM, chickfactor said:

:lol: :heart:

I really do worry about Shi-Mok's meals. I still remember how he picked up a snack at a rest stop and had to reluctantly put it down when Woo Tae-Ha called and ordered him to get to the Supreme Prosecutors' Office ASAP. (Just eat it before you go, Shi-Mok!)

And then he had to leave while eating with Yeo-Jin.

He also didn't like the fancy food he had with Sa-Hyeon (who sucks by the way) and Tae-Ha.

And then the bad pastry he ate with a grimace while eating with Dong-Jae.

Shi-Mok is the anti-mukbang.

I hope that Shi-Mok and Yeo-Jin get to eat a dinner together, alone, without everyone interrupting them. The food looks great, even the snacks they had at the rest stop or the convenience store. I believe Shi-Mok likes to eat, but with the right people and the right food, such as he was going to have a nice dinner with Yeo-Jin. 

9 hours ago, larus said:

Yes, I want both to be alive in the end. But the writer knows very well how to write a good story. if a death is needed for her story she won`t hesitate. I like that but I can`t help wanting a good ending for characters I like.

Another thing...

I want to see Shi Mk smiling in season 2 as well. Please!

I believe that Shi-Mok will be smiling when he has a good meal with Yeo-Jin. She makes him smile. I am enjoying the drama so far, but will love to see these two together. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can`t believed how fast the subtitles come. YAY!   I also missed Shi Mok and Yeo Jin. Just seing them work or live like ordinary people was enough.   The case just started. Somet

My heart is full of joy      All well that ends well.   Truly an excellent second season.  True friends will find each other      The End.    Till S

Can we stop loving them even behind the scenes?

Could the two boys who drowned at tongyeong witness something? And thats how relatively poor/not so well to do boys manage to get such expensive shoes, and car(which i recall someone's "father" bought for them). So the drowning was staged to kill them? And the survivor boy knew what was going on but stayed silent (so while he didnt kill them, he was a silent accomplice?)

Not sure if this is too far fetched haha

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, larus said:

I did not remember very well but the rich couple did not even offer him money. They were surprised how easy it was for them to deal with the survivor. He was offended somehow about the discussion. ( maybe he did not like the rich couple, what they represent). He said something that did not match with the story and they asked : "So you did not see us, right?" The boy looked like he agrees to tell their story but that was not to give them a favor. I sensed that he felt guilty about something. Like he has to be silent about the event.  He left before they could even offer him the money. That`s how I remember. It will be nice if you will watch again and tells us if there is some other informations.

I didn't rewatch this scene yet, but based on what I remember, the rich guy and his lawyer basically threatened him - accusing him of being complicit in the deaths. E.g., "How could you be so drunk that you didn't notice your friends were gone? Why didn't you stop them or look for them earlier?" And basically, we are rich and powerful and you are not, so you will lose, so you better keep your mouth shut - that's the vibe I remember. The survivor walked out angry, but saying that he understood the situation.

Which doesn't explain why he talked to Dong-Jae and told him quite a lot of information. So I'll just have to rewatch. :lol:

• Like 7
12 hours ago, pompyavi said:

The other two detectives who were left out of the council meeting. They are also in my radar. So basically I am doubting everyone apart from our duo.

The reason for suspecting them is this scene:

Hahaha I feel you. I guess suspecting everyone is a testament to how unpredictable the writer is. Though the scene you mention is worth noting. Their behaviour was a bit odd. I bet there is something that these two have been plotting- maybe not related to the kidnapping directly- but something for sure that will be revealed in due course. Maybe eventually Detective Gun will be onto them and thats how he could be harmed like some of you are predicting.

Ultimately I hope that the writer is able to suprise and satisfy us just as she did with season 1- no matter the sacrifices it takes.

• Like 6
53 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

No. Not Jang Gun too! 

Lee Joon Hyuk was able to film S2 concurrently with 365Days.  Let’s hope it’s not a telltale sign of how much time SDJ has.

True that!! Let's hope it was coz he was "kidnapped" for a few eps while our Sm YJ duo work tgt to solve the cases and find the missing links. Ir perhaps he will reappear and be in the hospital in "critical condition". Nevertheless, pls let SDJ live! 

Nv thought i will like his character that much but i really love how they fleshed out his character during this season. While he is still ambitious and weaselly in some ways, you could see the human behind his snarky mask.

• Like 7
15 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@pompyavi @nrllee @AC95 @taeunfighting okaayyy.... could explain why we see SDJ working on a bullying case after he searched more about the Tongyeong case.  He's too busy to take on small cases and shown to be personally affected.

The shoes were spanking new.  Those pictures were taken at a food court/mall.  What if the survivor in the middle was being bullied by his "friend" to buy him those shoes the same day?  His pose show how "grateful" he was.  You do have a point, the survivor could be more worried that the couple witnessed what happened.  

If we tie the survivor circumstances to the note.  It may mean he is facing the guilt of that night late.  I don't know why DJ was being scapegoated.  Unless the survivor is not telling the truth about his conversations with SDJ and the kidnapping is his failed attempt, unintentionally compounded his crimes even more.  It's still difficult for me to reconcile the hatred and violence of the perpetrator toward SDJ.  This has the underlining tone of Crime and Punishment where a crime was committed to achieve a personal goal.  He believes he is the victim of his circumstances (the bullying).  His actions (that night) are justified but the unplanned kidnapped of Dong Jae has forced him to reevaluate his rationale and actiion.

Like your take on the drowning case. I think the survivor might be bullied by the others two. ‘Washed dishes’ can be understood as cleaning a mess or literally mean he had to clean dishes in a restaurant to pay for expensive shoes for the other two? ‘too late’ he got there too late or he saw what happened but didn’t do anything to help his friends hence the guilt. 
Like reading everyone theories even though it makes my list of suspects longer. 
It is a lot harder to pick a suspect this season than S1 due to its complexity. 

• Like 8

Bravo everyone, so much thorough analysis :thumbsup: And thanks much for the pings @bedifferent and @taeunfighting - I've neglected this thread badly!

Just a meta-thought over all these intriguing theories and observations. Relating also to what @farawayland mentioned on the complexity of S2.

I feel that Stranger 2 inherits as much from Life as it does from Stranger Season 1. When the writer wrote Life, it was clear she wanted to throw a spotlight on mundane issues with Korean society and the healthcare system. She skilfully made some of the issues look like massive conspiracies (murder, money-laundering...), but for some cases there were very ordinary explanations... although no less internally consistent and thought-provoking. With respect to the writer's liking for realism, perhaps amongst some of the Big Scandals and Major Plot Threads, there will also be some cases that don't tie in and are precisely part of the fog that common public servants have to wrestle with. Petty corruption, old school ties, inefficiencies in procedure, and cases that remain unsolved because of negligence and lack of professionalism. Things that really ought to be improved in our world, but require the kind of everyday dedication of legal/justice officers that isn't glamorous.

The writer's other theme that I think will recur in Stranger 2 is the idea of 'piggy-backing'. People manipulating smaller actors through their grudges/weaknesses. It may be that JMH or even SDJ's wife fall into this category, as well as CB and WTH on some level. 

Still, this whole SDJ business is pretty nail-biting *cold sweat* ... I'm leaning to the theories on the thread tying him to Hanjo's LSJ (or one of his underlings).

Roll on next episode, and thanks again for excellent posts, All. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Hi guys, I'm new here, hope you'll welcome me.
I needed place to talk about this season, because as you probably know, waiting for another episode is one of hardest things to do, and knowing that you are not alone waiting, make things easier.
So this is my short recap about this season and recent episodes:
Finally!
That's what I've been waiting for. That tension. Twists. Faster pace. This is the ,,no-nonsense" Shi Mok I loved in 1st season. 
I was a bit nervous watching s2 because you could feel tension between Shi Mok and Yeo Jin. I'm glad Shi Mok encourages her not to forget her ,,true self". She is detective. She wants to help and save people. She needs to be in action, not to sit in front of a table.
It's obvious that Shi Mok is worried about Dong Jae - his emotions are suppressed and all his worrying, stress, fear that is inside him explodes and causes headache.
I'm really looking forward to new episodes. I hope Dong Jae will survive.
I need just one more thing in this season. A scene where we can actually see Shi Mok relaxed, comfortable and of course, finishing his food. Where Yeo Jin also is not stressed and at peace. Happy with her choices.

vEzXJKA.jpeg

• Like 8

Okay I am hoping I am not  missing the important  parts cause the slow links  

Spoiler

Ah 

Sm talking with the funny and annoying  prosecutor  I missed some of the talk but they talk about chief woo too about being strange and the other prosecutor  is worry and it has  a funny  parts with our famous  indifferent  Sm reacting to the conversation  especially the part of worrying and being clam like this as SM said something like what worrying will help or how I should be worry ( the other prosecutor   have the face that saying what the hell is this man ) 

The food arrive just like the what happen in ep 8 and Sm got Yj phone call and rush out 

When sm arrive to the station  everyone was already intense  , Yj keep talking to other police officers  about what to do and I like how those two looking at each other when at the same time

With the massage was a part of SDJ  tie and blood on it , sm while reading the message  in his mind has the imagination  scene of the suspect   thought while writing  it ( okay more then the imagining  scene I really miss ti hear SM thoughs and inner  voice keep making us see it please ) 

But it doesn't look good 

And really why there so many people  worrying about so many things much more then worrying  about SDJ  life I dont like that attitude and cant use to it no matter  how much I admit it reality 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just wonder. Kim Sa-Hyun is not involved in any cases we know? He apparently is clueless. But we don`t need more suspects. :D

f68c4a490a6f3eec6e168decac2ef3cf6ca0d3f4

Give Shi Mok something he likes to eat!

Almost 4 hours untill the episode with subtltles is available.  I can`t wait.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Okay I am hoping I am not  missing the important  parts cause the slow links  

Hide contents

Ah 

Sm talking with the funny and annoying  prosecutor  I missed some of the talk but they talk about chief woo too about being strange and the other prosecutor  is worry and it has  a funny  parts with our famous  indifferent  Sm reacting to the conversation  especially the part of worrying and being clam like this as SM said something like what worrying will help or how I should be worry ( the other prosecutor   have the face that saying what the hell is this man ) 

The food arrive just like the what happen in ep 8 and Sm got Yj phone call and rush out 

When sm arrive to the station  everyone was already intense  , Yj keep talking to other police officers  about what to do and I like how those two looking at each other when at the same time

With the massage was a part of SDJ  tie and blood on it , sm while reading the message  in his mind has the imagination  scene of the suspect   thought while writing  it ( okay more then the imagining  scene I really miss ti hear SM thoughs and inner  voice keep making us see it please ) 

But it doesn't look good 

And really why there so many people  worrying about so many things much more then worrying  about SDJ  life I dont like that attitude and cant use to it no matter  how much I admit it reality 

I actually wasn't really fond of DJ in 1st season until he showed that he actually cared a little bit about Eun Soo and I started to like him more in 2nd season, he makes all plot a little bit lighter, also no matter how you see it, he tries to survive, even if methods are wrong and he is still some kind of a friend to Shi Mok, I need him to be alive. I hope more people will try to find him. 

• Like 5
Spoiler

Sm starting his own investigation  he call the female  prosecutor  and go to meet  chief kang he ask more personal questions  and how they think about him I think he think from the latter that was sanded  some personal hate  and cagey and he digging  that 

And the police on work now that they all start to believe  it really kidnapping 

Ah we had a scene between YJ and SM ( I am not getting enough from this two just let them work more together  ) 

The scene with SM back to the station  he found YJ working on the white board and she was suprised  by him ( she didn't notice he in the room before he talked ) 

Okay hearing them talk about cases make me so happy why they not letting us enjoy this partnership  more like season 1  

YJ

Spoiler

Yj  with her team I misses her our YJ  the cheerful  and energetic  Yj it just cute so normal and just the YJ  we know you going to enjoy those scenes ( sure SM being like lost kid between  them not that he not like it ) 

Wow they both need this kind of surroundings 

Choi 

Spoiler

Difnalty  hidden a lot her scene with the  police chief her pain and hidden  struggles  and her scene when she run like crazy to stop YJ from seeing something in her office  she in so much fear and hide something  

The press conference 

Spoiler

I don't like how they making the press conference  so fast with mo lead or suspect  that was fishy and making YJ do that they planning  to use her in this case they hidden  bigger  use of the disappear  case I just hope they dobt make YJ suffer  the aftermath  later  

Sdj wife 

Spoiler

She keep being more  and more stranger to me  she having something  she fear more then what happen  to SDJ  I think something  about one of her children  since no one can give that strange  attitude  if he wasnt overwhelming  with other  things  

I just keep thinking she sure  has something  about her  family she fear  to be out more then her husband  life or anything I hope I am wrong  

Okay the poor sdj  ( if someone before season 1 dear to tell me I will say poor  about him I would be laughing  but here we are now) 

Okay  he sure stuffed  enough  this time , sm with YJ start to have double  about the drawing case connected  to SDj disappear  , and in think chief Choi was part of fabric  evidence  and they will find about it soon  

• Like 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2