[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

1 hour ago, Gummi said:

I have faith in the writer as well. Trust that everything will somehow come together in the end. If i am not wrong, the prosecutor who CP Kang Won Chul is trying to keep silent on assemblyman Nam's case on is Prosecutor Ryu who also worked on closing the first case on the drowning of boys (prematurely). 

Everything seems linked somehow just that it is too early to fall together yet, in this writer's usual fashion. I do love the build up for the eventual 'ahh so this is why this happened' moment. E5 moved so quickly for me that i didnt feel like an hr had passed. 

I suspect Ryu prosecutor is the same as the one in the drowning case. They spent time talking about this Prosecutor  in E1 and 2, he must be connecting to something/someone.

I have to say, it is really really the time to do some investigation as enough groundwork has already been laid out We have had 5-6 main cases to solve. 

• Like 3

Sorry my friends  I couldn't do the live recap today since I missse the start cause slow streaming 

But instead  of the live scream  I had to say one things

I am so in love with this two :heart:really it not only YJ  know Sm so well it also SM  know her so much he suprised  me today 

You all have to watch 

They just amazing  how much they understand and care for each other

This two really , for 6 episode  and 3 years you made is wait to see them talk properly  to each other ???? :bawling:

Edit the questing  he ask dont you draw recently? That was just :fullofhearts:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Sorry my friends  I couldn't do the live recap today since I missse the start cause slow streaming 

But instead  of the live scream  I had to say one things

I am so in love with this two :heart:really it not only YJ  know Sm so well it also SM  know her so much he suprised  me today 

You all have to watch 

They just amazing  how much they understand and care for each other

This two really , for 6 episode  and 3 years you made is wait to see them talk properly  to each other ???? :bawling:

Edit the questing  he ask dont you draw recently? That was just

Ahh it's okay!! Ive been desperately screen caps from ig from those who have watched ep 6! 

Thanks for sharing! Sm sounds so sweet there.. So excited to finally watch once it released on Netflix.

• Like 3

It was small  talk and small silence  but it mean a lot he was there to support  her not to ask questions  or questioning  her doing or even to blame  

He just know that she having hard time and was there for her 

• Like 3

Oh no. :tears: 

Spoiler

Oh no. LJH at it again with "schrodinger's cat" role. IF it's The Lies Within  all over again - i ' m gonna riot.

On the bright side - i'm so happy with Lee Kyuhyung cameo. 

i love their chemistry with BD and ty to Ace Factory for this bts.

Also the rooftop scene - 

- Aren't you drawing these days?
oh my... 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Spoiler

It doesn't seem like Woo Tae Ha covered up anything. He seemed pretty relaxed for a person who has something to hide in relation to the assemblyman. He is even impressed with how HSM scolded him :joy:. And this again brings me to my initial doubt; can woo and CB be working together behind the door?

Choi Bit has really planned everything and she has even back up plans for everything. She knew everything from beginning but she chose to let it slide so that she could make use of those things later. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Choi Bit has really planned everything and she has even back up plans for everything. She knew everything from beginning but she chose to let it slide so that she could make use of those things later. 

Yeh the worse 

I dont give a second to hear for what good she did that she just saw crazy and dirty things happen and injustice over and over and all she do was to  use that to collect  a cards  for using it later 

What about the victims  of all that incident? What about the powerful  who do again and again wrong doing cause they not stopped  

Don't kidding  me it for the help of the police  and the help of the public  later it just a game of power and the public  is just a piece  in the game 

The case in the USB  is more danger then what was before and they keep it to use it in the future :rage:

I said I wouldn't be angry from YJ  to wavering  and be silence for a little she already  copy that cause she know she cant keep that hidden  later it just was heartbroken  seeing her like this even when Sm come he didnt come to have answer from her or to blame her , all he did come to tell her everything he find about, to show her he understand  what she struggles about 

SM just want to have her like the old time when he can share his thoughts with her freely , he come to show it still the same for him when it come to her , he know she straggling  and suffering but finally  I want her to go out of that cage and I like that the little  trusting that SM  come to show helped her 

• Like 8

Episode with the most lightbulbs! 

Lightbulb 1: Assembly Nam's case

Now it's all clear. It IS police vs prosecutor. 

Assembly Nam was set to be the chief committee for the new reformation. With him as the chief committee - and his background as former prosecutor - the chance for police to be able to get their independent investigative rights would be very slim. 

When the son involved in cheating scandal, the police saw a way in (police as in Choi Bit and both men), but once again, it's police couldn't win against prosecutor.

Assembly Nam was acquitted and now suing Choi Bit's boss - Shin Jae Young, saying that he targeted him since the beginning. 

Choi Bit certainly wants Assembly Nam to withdraw the lawsuit - by 'blackmailing' him with the son's info (which HSM investigated brilliantly - seriously this guy is relentless - like a hunting dog!). 

Chief Woo wants Assembly Nam to drop the lawsuit too - for different reason - it won't be good if Assembly Nam is linked with lawsuit when his time is limited. He needs him to stay as chief committee to give the ruling against the police. 

But alas.... :o :o

Lightbulb 2: Chief Woo's secret 

Chief Woo is hiding something alright. Insider trading with his wife selling cryptocurrency before market close and value went down. 

Now Assembly Nam is using this as a leverage - I kinda hate that Chief Woo now has a weakness. :wacko:

Lightbulb 3: Choi Bit

Well... the whole time during HYJ and Choi Bit's arguments - it's tough. 

On one side, I can see Choi Bit's pov - sacrifice the little things to attain the big picture; but on the other side, I would prefer HYJ's righteousness. If you close one eye for too often and for too long, you'll lose track of where you are. Big picture soon is just an excuse for people to break the law. 
Choi Bit is every bit as politician as any politicians. She dreams of the big picture. She has great ambition and she should be admire for that. No one can make a change if things stay the same. But is her method the right way? She reminds of LCJ a bit - in his determination to make changes, LCJ also made sacrifice - Park Moo Song's life. 

Lightbulb 4: LYJ - LYB

Intermittent Explosive Disorder. Well, we have sort of seen it during S1 though it was very much controlled. Not sure why would LYB need drugs that are still on R&D stage though. He can many treatments and drugs for that and all available. R&D drugs are even more dangerous and risky. 

SDJ!!! :( :( :(
I sympathise more and more with SDJ this season. He's just trying to survive in his own way. And it's sad that it takes him to be missing so that we can see HSM-HYJ duo again. 

Best quote of this episode:  

HYJ: Are you trying to say that it is our duty to keep an eye on those restriction lines?
HSM: I guess you could say that 
HYJ: No matter how hard you look, you can't stop a fog. And no matter how many criminals you catch, they never disappear. 

Regardless of HYJ's reply, I think she's that person - those who keep an eye on the restriction lines. 

Love their time together and love how HSM was open to HYJ. He said the regret that couldn't be said. 

:wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Okay chief woo and chief Choi 

As  i already write they both bring YJ and SM  to use their image from 2 years ago 

But they both underestimated  this two, they have no idea what they are made of 

Using , threatening  and trying to control our YJ and SM:unamused:, I know why Prosecutor  Kang was against  SM  work there he wasnt against  SM  he was caring  about him 

he know that they have no idea what he is and he was hiring  for something  that he will never do

Only prosecutor  kang know better, if you saying he only small prosecutor  you have no idea what you deal with. 

And chief Choi is a really scary  person, forget about what she already did , she a scary person cause she literally keeping eyes and threatened everyone around her, everyone is scary it not respect  or trust what they have for her . She the information  monster here 

And most importantly no one even think to  dare and touch this two

Egra4b1UMAEfn09?format=jpg&name=largeEgra4cCUwAYbwyP?format=jpg&name=large

Egra4cIVgAAaNEd?format=jpg&name=large okay side not : let the serious  meaning out of his question and let me say - YJ the man was trying  so hard for the past two years he have a new facial  expression and you so busy to notice it or to giving him some drawing  as proof  ( look at him) 

Okay let back to the serious,  his question  itself  mean how much he understand  her, while everyone saw her drawing as childish things he know how it so important  and is a a way where  she freely  thinking, he asked since it show he know she not being  herself  anymore  

I find it amazing  that SM  showing all this trust and willing  when it come YJ, he know she hidden things, he know she trying to avoid hearing or fighting like she was before but he just want her back the one he know , he waiting and not judging or losing his trust on her, I know that not normal  for SM  he usually judge  people  from their acting are , his trust in people  is conditioning to what they are in this timeline , what they doing now and not based on what they was before  ( it limited  when you go wrong his trust go away too) 

That scene  meant a lot he didnt like seeing  her like this , his face show burden  but in the same time he just didnt treat her like he would do to other in this situation 

So Throw all the romance  out in any others story the way YJ  special  to SM  is winning  over  any romance story for me ; especially  when we know what SM  is a like 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 10
  • Love 4

It feel sad when YJ discovered something bad about her superior. If she decides to be a whistleblower, it comes with a price. Remember what happened with the demoted police? Depressed and Suicide (I believe his was murdered by the dirty cops). If she wants to do it, she have to be creative with a brilliant plan. Set a trap and use SM. well... He is a smart guy. Quite and dangerous. WTH is still gray for me. He did show nervousness when confronted by SM. Working in big organizations, u cannot escape from internal politics when u r climbing higher. Either u be with them, or just be as SM. Do your work diligently. What is it for you? In the end, u r just the employee. When things get rough, they might dump u whoever u will be. 

SDJ is playing dangerous game too by digging and shake hands with HANJO. Hope his okay. Well, i dont want another dead guy around SM. 

Glad they have finished shooting. Nite

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Seo Dong Jae

He is the central character now. I don't think he would die now but could towards the end.

It is all linked to Hanjo and Choi Bit, the case which Woo didn't take. Seo Dong Jae was promoted to Supreme Prosecution office, why? His card showed SPO.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

He is the central character now. I don't think he would die now but could towards the end.

It is all linked to Hanjo and Choi Bit, the case which Woo didn't take. Seo Dong Jae was promoted to Supreme Prosecution office, why? His card showed SPO.

Yeh something  will be showing  later as flashback, SDJ also send a massage  to Sm to thank him for putting a good words for him 

I guess that when  he get the news of the promotion, why ? We going to hear latter o think SDJ  was offered a position  about something  he found to be silence  about it, there so much time between  his massage  with Sm and with LYJ and his disappear so I think we going to found out little  by little  with YJ  and SM trying to find him 

But is just me or it feel the same feeling  of season  1 you know his car being found in YJ  team area , and after he was promoted  it like something asking aloud for YJ  and SM  to work in this case , they both has the right and the duty  to work in that case - just be in fear we had someone  before staging  everything and choosing  the players  are we going throw that again? 

P.s  is  the mystery  is back ?? :evilelmo:

• Like 4

@nona88  3 years 6 episodes later.   The more things changed, the more they stay the same :heart:

I grinned the biggest smile seeing her white coat.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 11.19.45 AM

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 11.20.21 AM

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 11.23.27 AM

Credit: Netflix

He's no longer trapped in the darkness alone.  Up there with her, things become clearer even in the darkest of night.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

@nona88  3 years 6 episodes later.   The more things changed, the more they stay the same :heart:

I grinned the biggest smile seeing her white coat.

Credit: Netflix

He's no longer trapped in the darkness alone.  Up there with her, things become clearer even in the darkest of night.

OMG something  have some magic  no matter  how it different  feeling and they both changed so much but it the same feeling  seeing them standing there 

Wow I miss the confident and smily YJ  :heart:

Yeh it not dark anymore  when you have someone   look at you and see the same things as you :fullofhearts:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I really like how the writer continues to develop the characters through each episode. With today’s episode, I thought she did a marvelous job with Yeo Jin – showing that even the upright characters are human and have their moments of “darkness” and “fog”. Yeo Jin instinctively knew that something was fishy about Choi Bit’s actions. Otherwise, she would not have opened the envelope when Choi Bit told her not to. Yet, she seemingly kept quiet and continued to “follow” along her boss. How the silent car-driving scene illustrated it was clever. At the intersection, she turned with Choi Bit while Shi Mok drove straight ahead.

The rooftop scene was precious in so many ways. One of them being Shi Mok admitting to Yeo Jin his regret for ignoring his instincts while he was surveying the drowning scene. Had he did, the outcome may have turned out differently. Coupled with his comments about her drawing and her post at the Violent Crimes Division, he reminded her of who she really is and most importantly, provided her clarity. Certainly, even if they catch one criminal, there will always be more – they never disappear. However, does this mean that one should stop? In the end, it seemed she found her answer.

After her meeting with Shi Mok, Yeo Jin finally breaks her silence and questions Choi Bit. I think with their conversation, it becomes apparent that Choi Bit’s actions are motivated by ambitions and authority over what is right. Also, she believes that she is guiding Yeo Jin to climb the ladder. If Yeo Jin followed her, she could be seated in her position one day. Obviously, she does not know Yeo Jin well. Yeo Jin’s passion is in the field. It was never about achieving success or moving up the ranks, but honoring her oath as law enforcement. Choi Bit probably thought Yeo Jin bought her speech, but instead, I think it made Yeo Jin realize where the differences in their duties lie.

- - - - - - - -

I definitely feel more for Dong Jae in this episode. He finally got his recognition and can be seen diligently working hard through the night to make more progress on the case. Then, he gets interrupted by the drunk chief to drive him home. Quite unfair. Crossing my fingers he will be okay.

- - - - - - - -

I continue to root for LYJ. I respected how she asked Kim Byung Hyun to treat her fairly in the bid for Hanjo’s management rights. To make his choice not based on relations or personal history, but purely by the candidate’s capabilities. She did a great job citing how successful she has been with reviving Hanjo from its lowest point. In addition, if his reason for siding with LSJ is because he is still hurt from their break-up, she apologized to him through the hug. With all that said and done, I am curious to know what is his choice in the end.

I am also liking Director Park more. Loved how he shielded her in the elevator and drove her home instead.

By the way, in the previous episode, LYJ said that her father took the fall and went to prison for her brother. I wonder if we will get to know more about that.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Some fact 

1. Choi is scary she literally threaded  people while enjoying    clam and sweet talk ( telling YJ  to do what you see right but in the same time telling her after everything ending I will be sitting on this chair  and where you think you will be:unamused:okay that a witch here ) , she had planned to sit in her boss chair from the start, she didnt arrest  him to protect  him from the prosecutor, she playing even on the police  side 

2. The newspaper  CEO  still in love with  LYJ it not just that the falling marriage  had cost him his father emperor so he out of revenge, no he was really in  love with her so he was so angry she broke the  marriage  and he still having soft spot for her till now , even if we going to find that he lied  to her about her father and will work against  her, but still that don't change he have feeling  for her 

3. Woo is as dirty as other, not just his wife story, but as we saw he and his funny  prosecutors together  from the start they working more  early  and more deeply  then what they showing 

4. LYJ  isnt easy  at all,  I respect the fact she saved the company  when it was falling  and now  her brother  want it back is  not right, she struggled  too, it not easy to lead that world. but I think she not knowing her father well, maybe all the anger management  issues  is just a lie they all was in it together  and lead her to think like this, I don't know but her father not easy target . 

5. SDJ   I dont know how to feel about his disappear  but his disappear  will open so many doors, to investigate  his disappear  they need to investigate  his last working and behavior, the man was working about the police  officer  murder, was digging  things for LYJ and so different  things , so now it open  case everything  has to be out 

6. I am not talking so much  about again, but I will add that i think YJ  already helped  SM  willing  to know which case when she open the cola can when he get to the right case, I dont think it was cause she was nervous I think she give him a signal  and he catch that, that why she told him he already  know the answer and he waved  with his can before leaving, or maybe she already give him USB  copy with that  cola :smirk: and the fact SM  searching  alone before going to her , they both find away to search for the true without  betraying  their position 

7. The most important  fact, is cola is the major sponsor  of this season?????  :joy: whatever  we have a special  scene between  YJ and SM  alone the coca cola became the third party ( okay I need the third time to prove  this theory) 

I still think that something going on between  chief woo and chief Choi  something  behind the conflict we see!!!!! What more this two hidden  together???

• Like 4