Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

24 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Exactly. Something is definitely fishy there. The patrol team chief said he was already dead then how did he get those scratches? Moreover his transfer looked fishy as well. Why did he take transfer to patrol team? He could have transferred to other violent crime team instead of transferring to patrol team. Am I thinking too much?

Moreover why would he commit suicide in police station shower? If he had to commit suicide he could do that in his house

He was transferred to patrol team since he was vocal against the Chief beating up the driver. That's why SDJ also hinted to HSM, this could happen to him.. or already happened 2x/3x. 

Don't go against the big boss. 

Yup, most likely the suicide is at the police station was to ensure audiences. So it feels like real suicide. If it's at home, there will be separate investigation by different team, which can link the suicide with the bribery. 

• Like 6
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can`t believed how fast the subtitles come. YAY!   I also missed Shi Mok and Yeo Jin. Just seing them work or live like ordinary people was enough.   The case just started. Somet

My heart is full of joy      All well that ends well.   Truly an excellent second season.  True friends will find each other      The End.    Till S

Can we stop loving them even behind the scenes?

43 minutes ago, breadstal said:

To me it seemed to be about his marriage. He also said "he gave up on himself". It was very vague.

No o think it something about alcohol  intolerance that make him have that face 

I think what @penelop3 said is more likely  the case 

1 hour ago, penelop3 said:

Did anyone notice how Kim Sa Hyun's comment on alcohol intolerance seems to upset Chief Woo Tae Ha? I think it has something to do with old case?

Yes I had the feeling that it something off and will be connected  to something  in the future 

Do you remember  SD bring  case too about the death prosecutor  that they said he was drunk but he was having alcohol  intolerance  so there no way he was drunk 

And the KSH dismiss  this file was fishy  even when it related  to YJ boss 

To be logical  here he said why to go after her when they can get her bosses  but that not logical  , she the head of the team that asking for reform  and she the one that lead the show in front of press  she the face of the police  case in front  of the public  so attacking  her is the most perfect  way to win against  the police  clam 

But he just want to leave this case out it had two meaning  that he already know something about the case that will harm the prosecutors too  or as we said last week he has some deal with her , they planning  something together  

But his face this week  maybe saying that he involved  in that case too 

Okay we back to the basics  problem  neither  the police and neither  the prosecutor  care about true or justice  they will bury the two cases  again if it will harm  them 

Edit: most important  Yj boss asking YJ to know why the prosecutors search  the old case are we having  her asking  YJ to spy on SM in indirect  way ??? OMG  how this two going to mange this having to hide it lie about things infront  of each other's  ( I have faith in them but I pity  them for now) 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

Good episode.

Questions: why was Captain Baek spared in the investigation to remain at his precinct albeit demoted?  How did he prove that he was not involved with the rest?  Why didn’t the dismissed and convicted officers expose him as part of the scheme?  

There was a dash cam in the police car capturing the money hand off.  Is this what Capt Baek used to his advantage?  

I like Chief Woo more in this episode.  He’s more personable off work, there’s a sense he tries for his daughter.  I like Assist Chief Kim and his interaction.  They seem like normal dads.  They talked about their daughters instead of political business that I expect in these meetings.  Well, maybe it’s for show in front of SM, still, it was a friendly genuine exchange between old classmates.

ShiMok knows what he wants.... including the fact that he hates horumon!!!

Chairman Lee’s gate is the background of drama’s opening. 

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Yup, most likely the suicide is at the police station was to ensure audiences. So it feels like real suicide. If it's at home, there will be separate investigation by different team, which can link the suicide with the bribery. 

Yep that's what. By watching that scene multiple times, I observed that the police who walked away from the scene tightened the knot. And by ShiMok's reconstruction of the scene i felt committing suicide that way wasn't possible. He was pretty tall for that height.

• Like 6

@nona88 yes, it could be a flashback to the dead prosecutor (blue file).  Maybe Chief Woo also met with him at dinner like he did with ShiMok where he drank despite knowing he cannot.  Did the accident happen after Chief Woo’s meeting so they have to cover up his blood alcohol finding?

The difference is ShiMok did not drink. This surprise Chief Woo, more of Shi Mok’s conviction and integrity than anything. I think it’s a pleasant surprise.  

8 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Yep that's what. By watching that scene multiple times, I observed that the police who walked away from the scene tightened the knot. And by ShiMok's reconstruction of the scene i felt committing suicide that way wasn't possible. He was pretty tall for that height.

I also think it’s weird that he tied the rope too low. If you were to commit suicide, you want clearance of your feet over the ground.  Why make it so hard that you have to slide your long legs outward.  He also did not leave a note.

The murder was staged for witness as well as to cover up his chest bruises as CPR compressions.  Also it has to occur at work, not at home, so that investigation can end with prosecution ruling a suicide and no judicial police or CSI needed to be called in to investigate.  It’s a case calling for prosecution oversees like Chief Woo said but I don’t know if Choi Bit was the only person covering this up.  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
33 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Do you remember  SD bring  case too about the death prosecutor  that they said he was drunk but he was having alcohol  intolerance  so there no way he was drunk 

And the KSH dismiss  this file was fishy  even when it related  to YJ boss 

To be logical  here he said why to go after her when they can get her bosses  but that not logical  , she the head of the team that asking for reform  and she the one that lead the show in front of press  she the face of the police  case in front  of the public  so attacking  her is the most perfect  way to win against  the police  clam 

But he just want to leave this case out it had two meaning  that he already know something about the case that will harm the prosecutors too  or as we said last week he has some deal with her , they planning  something together  

But his face this week  maybe saying that he involved  in that case too 

Yes! Wow, so that's how WTH and CB are (possibly) connected and that's why he backed her :scream: That's so cool, such a small detail but it foreshadows probably a huge reveal about these two characters. 

• Like 7

Something  so small but as usual  so significantly here  seeing YJ  still drawing in her notebooks  make me happy  just for  a second to notice again how the other detective look at her and she had to stop and leave  the notebook  aside 

As usual  the writer show us the pain and feeling  of each characters in small scenes for us to choice to notice it or not

YJ REALLY feeling lonely  there  ,she sure not loved  by others in the team and now they feeling jealous  she get what they cant be part of , 

But most important  that scene  show that she can't  even be herself there, I think the change in her hairstyle ,her clothes  and even the fact that her drawing isn't acceptable  all hints that she cant breath there, and cant even be her true self as she was  before 

I really going to be happy seeing her later  break all this wells  and show them the really YJ I know  she going to do that soon 

But I would like seeing her talking how suffocation  the past two years was to her 

As I said before  what was in surface is promotion was really punishment for SM and YJ 

Edit: 

And another  detail from season  1 we know that SM never drunk with anyone we get from season  1 that it has nothing to do with his alcohol  intolerance he can drink alone or with Yj 

He just never  drink with anyone  he cant trust ( that almost  everyone  beside Yj)  he need to be sober and in control   when he with others that cause he dont trust them and have only himself to rely on 

I like how he prove  that again that he only full trust and comfortable with only YJ  

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2
47 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

It’s a case calling for prosecution oversees like Chief Woo said but I don’t know if Choi Bit was the only person covering this up.  

That's why S2's main caption is "Those who wants silence are all accomplices ". Kudos to the writer

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2
8 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

That's why S2's main caption is "Those who wants silence are all accomplices ". Kudos to the writer

Agree 

SM and YJ  going to face all this people  soon even when  his boss ask him to investigate this case he the same boss who will ask him to be silence  about it if it turn  to be big scandal  for both the  police  and the prosecutors 

They are all accomplices specially  with their silence when they know the true since their images  is more important  to them 

• Like 5

I am curious to see what LYJ's intentions are? Does she really want to ensure her management rights so that she could do some good through Hanjo as a tribute to her late husband? Or she just want Hanjo all for herself? In S1 she didn't come across as a person who would be interested in all these things? 

Our KWC prosecutor is in a tough spot now. Will be interesting to see how Hanjo's plot would be instrumental in this police vs prosecutor conflict. 

• Like 6

By the way interesting character development for Seo Dong Jae -

What we always see - 

EftFa60UYAIx91b?format=jpg&name=medium

- excellent hair, top notch costumes. But SM know it's SDJ because of his old shoes -

Spoiler

EgCtRBtUMAA_TJc?format=jpg&name=large

EgCtRDnVAAIqWQF?format=jpg&name=large

LJH right tho, SDJ is working hard to live))

• Like 8
1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

I am curious to see what LYJ's intentions are? Does she really want to ensure her management rights so that she could do some good through Hanjo as a tribute to her late husband? Or she just want Hanjo all for herself? In S1 she didn't come across as a person who would be interested in all these things? 

Our KWC prosecutor is in a tough spot now. Will be interesting to see how Hanjo's plot would be instrumental in this police vs prosecutor conflict. 

Me too. My opinion is that LYJ’s ultimate goal is to take over Hanjo Group for the better - both in honor of her late husband and also for herself. Rumors are rumors, but there has to be some kind of basis as to why the media is spreading that she supposedly abandoned her father. My guess is that she isn’t demonstrating that she’s exactly on her father’s side so LSJ is using this to discredit her legitimacy and fuel the conspiracy. I noted the same that in season 1, she didn’t involve herself in Hanjo’s affairs. So, she could step aside and let LSJ takeover in her father's place. She can still live a good life as a just shareholder. Why go through all this trouble to fight him for management now? Lawyer OJS mentioned that LSJ is similar to his father. Maybe she doesn’t want Hanjo to continue the same legacy under LSJ’s management? OJS also mentioned that LSJ is very troubled with Shi Mok working at the Seoul’s Prosecutor’s Office. What is LSJ worried about it - that Shi Mok may find dirt on him? Could this be why LYJ wants to meet with Shi Mok?

By the way, when OJS met with KWC, he said that the son of his firm’s VIP client was involved with the Tongyeong drowning case. We know that OJS represents or represented LSJ and his family. Does that still leave room for the possibility that LYH is LSJ’s son?

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2
4 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

By the way, when OJS met with KWC, he said that the son of his firm’s VIP client was involved with the Tongyeong drowning case. We know that OJS represents or represented LSJ and his family. Does that still leave room for the possibility that LYH is LSJ’s son?

I was wrapping my head around the relationships! :isannoyed: OJS was being asked by his boss to represent a client’s son. If we assume client is LSJ, LYH hiring him sets up for all kinds of dynamics.  OJS still works in the firm and secretly is in house counsel for LYH.  He can pivot between the two brother and sister!  A double agent!!!!  hahaha. He seems very shrewd, knows a lot about many of our players.  I am impressed with his handling of CP Kang and LYH.  He knows how to navigate the foggy scenery.

• Like 8

Hi all,

finally Stranger 2 came and we watched already 3 episodes.As others said its slow pace.I do not want to compare it to S1 because its too early yet but I hope it will not stop in the rival prosecutors/police and will go a lot deeper which I think will go.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Here is what I think about Sergeant Song's death;

Sergeant Song confronted the captain like he confronted the chief at his old job, but this time he was not lucky and got beat up by the captain until unconscious. To cover the track, he staged his death to be a suicide.Just like the scene, the officer who discovered him scream for help and when the captain figured he didn't die, he strangled him while other teammates tried to save him. I think only the captain is involved in his death by the other officer' reaction when he saw the captain tighten the robe he was genuinely shock (the scene emphasizes on his reaction and the captain's action). The captain is a psychopath who manipulated his way out from being jailed, resigned or transferred can murder someone. If he has an accomplish and it can be this dude.

Spoiler

kH2Zw4c.png

I wonder why the coroner did not brought up about the fingertips. I understand they all think it's a suicide but at least question about it. 

When Chief Woo said about how there is no murder among colleagues no matter how messy thing get then SM's reaction makes me remember Eunsoo. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
1 minute ago, kiklaminHo said:

Hi all,

finally Stranger 2 came and we watched already 3 episodes.As others said its slow pace.I do not want to compare it to S1 because its too early yet but I hope it will not stop in the rival prosecutors/police and will go a lot deeper which I think will go.

I think many people are comparing it to S1, which I think we shouldn't do. I would have lost interest if it followed S1's path of who dunnit kind of thing. The writer herself in an interview said she didn't want to repeat herself and this time she wanted to keep things realistic as much as possible. Personally I am liking S2, maybe because I like dramas which reflects societal issues which doesn't look too serious on the outside to common man but are just as important. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

My friends  will I look crazy  if I said that I didnt like that the police  murder  cases happen in 2017 as the same year of the even  of season 1 

AM I overreacting if I said they maybe trying to connected  that to LCJ story again  that what he did or the reasons   behind it or the game isn't finish  yet????

Okay I am in mystery  and double  mood now I just know that bringing LCJ words as introduced  cant be without  meaning  

@eternal dream about the  chief of the death police  officer  Maybe I am saying maybe  he was the one who make the others police  officers  get arrested  

Think about it if they really didnt want to be part of the murder  a8nd were having cold feet  after the murder  and he thought  that they going to trun  against  him 

He could make deal with the police  to give them up for taking money and he going to be out  as witness, it the only explaining  how they didnt punish him or believe  the claim that he a murderer   a deal like this will never be written  in paper  moreover  if the deal was made with the prosecutors  themselves  since it count as betrayed  to police 

Okay I need to sleep now I am writing  novel here, see you later  

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, nona88 said:

My friends  will I look crazy  if I said that I didnt like that the police  murder  cases happen in 2017 as the same year of the even  of season 1 

I remember seeing LCJ in filming set in one of the photos. Though I am not sure he came just to meet the cast or it was an entirely different shooting. I will try to find that post

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
39 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

I remember seeing LCJ in filming set in one of the photos. Though I am not sure he came just to meet the cast or it was an entirely different shooting. I will try to find that post

yep found it in this forum itself. Pg number 8, post by @keyta and @breadstal

Edited by pompyavi
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4
8 hours ago, bedifferent said:

I was wrapping my head around the relationships!  OJS was being asked by his boss to represent a client’s son. If we assume client is LSJ, LYH hiring him sets up for all kinds of dynamics.  OJS still works in the firm and secretly is in house counsel for LYH.  He can pivot between the two brother and sister!  A double agent!!!!  hahaha. He seems very shrewd, knows a lot about many of our players.  I am impressed with his handling of CP Kang and LYH.  He knows how to navigate the foggy scenery.

OJS does appear to be very sharp and seems to know how the play the cards well. I like his character. His involvement in the siblings' battle will definitely be interesting and I am really curious to know where his allegiance ultimately lies - LSJ or LYJ. Probably whomever will be more likely to takeover Hanjo?

• Like 5
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2