Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

4 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Adding to the list:

3. Where's the photo frame that Shi Mok had in namhae office?

I am satisfied if they give us these regardless the plot :kiss_wink:
think Yeojin was not randomly picked to join the Intelligent team 2 years ago and now Shimok to be an advisor both by Choi bit. It easy to find out the friendship between these two. She or (they?) think Shimok or Yeojin would influence each other and therefore sway things to their way? 
since investigation rights has been a long standing issue. The plan was to get Yeojin or Shimok involve was in motion may be 2 years ago?

Whatever Choi bit’s intention, i think she does like Yeo jin and there is mutual respect between these two. It would make it much harder for Yeojin which create interesting conflict to the story. Shimok is however always suspicious of Lee Changjoon. He does not trust him despite the initial admiration at the beginning when Shimok was a young prosecutor.

• Like 7
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can`t believed how fast the subtitles come. YAY!   I also missed Shi Mok and Yeo Jin. Just seing them work or live like ordinary people was enough.   The case just started. Somet

My heart is full of joy      All well that ends well.   Truly an excellent second season.  True friends will find each other      The End.    Till S

Can we stop loving them even behind the scenes?

7 hours ago, larus said:

I was starring at this actor. I recognized him but I could not remember from where.

Then I found out. He is Jung Sung Il and I saw him this year in Woman of 9.9 Billion.

Why do I feel that he has a romantic feeling towards Lee Yoon Jae? :huh:

9 hours ago, larus said:

The new chief was puzzled why he chose to have a room in the dormitory with the investigators. It is the beginning. :D

I was hoping that during the first meeting HSM-HYJ, this topic came out and HYJ would offer to rent out her room to HSM! :rolleyes: 

8 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I may be the first and only one – ha. I work in the area of tax and did a brief rotation in S. Korea so the meeting of Lee Yeon Jae and her advisors caught my attention. Based on that conversation, I too did not get the impression that she was all business ethical, but think it is still early and things can potentially evolve. 

Yes, from the get-go, LYJ doesn't seem to be going on the straight line. Isn't it contradictory with what LCJ's (husband-glorified hero) wish? But yes, too soon to tell for now. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, penelop3 said:

Why do I feel that he has a romantic feeling towards Lee Yoon Jae? 

Why not? She is still young and beautiful, inteligent and rich. And she is a widow now. It seams that he is her right-hand man. She can show her vulnerabilities around him (when she showed her frustration).

• Like 4

It’s an unedited scene between Dong Jae and Woo Taeha. Lee Joon huyk talked for 8 minutes without NG. Impressive! Great acting skill and memory right there :open_mouth:

Edited by MinLyn
Please do note that due to court rulings, embedding of IG post links is not permissible. Thanks.
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 5
On 8/17/2020 at 6:39 PM, bedifferent said:

I saw the books in his car but more curious of why he was reading Child Law in Germany?  Was there a meaning to the scene where ShiMok sat in the car looking at people and children passing him?  Is it to show him finally noticing life outside of the confinement of his office and work?  I didn't quite understand.  Can anyone help me?

I am not sure it’s tied to anything but it was mentioned in passing that SM had family (his mom) in Seoul so everyone just assumed he had a place to stay when he left.  So I agree with @nona88 that it was to highlight he had nowhere to go to (he didn’t go back to see his mom) or any friends, apart from YJ.  I am not sure the Child Law in Germany would be important (but hey it could be later :lol:).   Even his new boss sounded surprised that he was looking to live in a dorm?

I like that his scene with Kang WonChul.  It was like a mirror from the scene in Ep1 between Choi Bit and YJ.  Both addressing the process.  Not just the end result.  It’s long so I put it in a spoiler tag.  

Spoiler

WC - this is the 4th time the police and prosecution are butting heads over the right of criminal procedure.  And not once have we let the Police take any of our rights away from us.  So if you join the council and let them walk all over you, you will be the biggest disgrace in the Prosecution’s 70year history.

SM - But we handed over the rights to initiate and conduct an investigation in 2011.

WC - goodness, you can’t think like that if you want to win this fight.  Think about what happened back then.  But this is between us, the Police have the right to initiate and conduct investigations anyway?  The reform we agreed to in 2011?  All we did was turn the law into reality. (I am not sure subs are right here.  Doesn’t he mean ratify what already was happening? Meaning turning reality into law?).  Even so, many of us were strongly against it.   The chiefs and the Prosecutor General wrote resignation letters to protest.  But this time, the Police are demanding the rights to close all cases.  And they don’t want to be under our command.  ..... You’re a sharp knife that should only be used for tough jobs.  They’ll swing the knife till it gets chipped and when they end up with a cut, they’ll say the knife is dangerous and put it back in the drawer.  You’ve been through it already.  
SM - However I can’t stay inside the drawer forever.  And I may find the answer this time. (Yes SM just keep swimming)

WC - the answer to what?  What is your question?

SM - More importantly, was it special treatment?  Was it because he used to be a presiding judge? 
WC - you’re not as sharp as you used to be are you?  Had we indicted them, it would’ve been overkill.

SM (undeterred) - how do you know that?  Did you have time to review everything in just a day?

WC - what would change if I reviewed it for 3 months? Yes so they removed the restriction line.  But is that a crime equal to murder?   In order to prosecute this case,  we have to prove that the removal of the restriction line directly caused the drowning.  How would we prove that they damaged the line to lure specific individuals to the beach so that they would drown?  We can’t prove that unless we distort the facts.  They’re not some brutal criminals.  If we indict them for something as childish as this, isn’t that an abuse of power and an infringement of human rights?

SM - my question isn’t about the non prosecution decision.  “The process doesn’t matter if the outcome is the same”.   I know that’s not how you think, so why was the process completely ignored?  And you’re right.  They’re not heinous criminals.  They’re just an immature couple.  For people like that, do you think there’s a huge difference between 1 day and 3 months?

WC - are you trying to say I gave them preferential treatment?  You’re saying the same thing as the Police.

SM - No,  I am saying you robbed them of an opportunity.  An opportunity to reflect on what they did and what kind of outcome their childish prank could cause during a prolonged investigation.  A chance to feel remorse shall I say?  Now they probably think that they can get away with anything.  You of all people should know that similar accidents are likely to happen again in cases like this. 

So SM is a firm believer in the process.  There’s a reason for it to be adhered to.  Overtly it may not be obvious.  Closing the case in 1 day and agonizing over it for 3 months may render the same result on paper, but when the due process is followed, there are intangible effects on the prosecuted individuals which would be enduring.  They are given the opportunity to reflect and change.

After 2 episodes I am unsure if this time the writer seems to be more inclined to push the whole Prosecution Vs Police politics into the fore with less emphasis on case solving.  Like she did with Life where she raised the whole question about corporations running service industries (like hospitals).  Guess we will have to wait and see.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, farawayland said:

BTS with English subs

CSW and BDN interactions are just precious! :love:

Thank youuu for the Eng sub! 
Love the interaction btw BDN and CSW. :wub:

Yes, we're getting older and yes, we're getting white hair. Me included dammit. :huh:

• Like 5
On 8/17/2020 at 11:39 AM, bedifferent said:

I saw the books in his car but more curious of why he was reading Child Law in Germany?  Was there a meaning to the scene where ShiMok sat in the car looking at people and children passing him?  Is it to show him finally noticing life outside of the confinement of his office and work?  I didn't quite understand.  Can anyone help me?

The book  we need time to figure  up if it only mean he read so much cause he has nothing to do or cause he really thinking of going to Germany :dissapointed_relieved: ( I am with first meaning  ofcourse) 

the scene in the car still the sadness  one it simple but show so much of how much this man lonely and care about this things 

It not new , even from season 1 when he was saying in cold behavior  to his friend  that he know he will be alone till he die , we see it  just him aware of his situation and it   not what he really want 

There was so many hints in season 1 how lonely  he is, and how much he wish to have  any kind of human relationship with anyone but he couldnt  cause he think he has no feeling  and cause he really cant trust people  as he able to see through  them   

One of Our favorite  scenes  from S1 when he smile and have that delightful face when YJ only use the words " between  us" as using "us" make him connected to someone and he was happy she see  them as team or anything and was so many others scenes

I think he always  was lonely  and aware of life outside  but he just keep working and working to forget that, and a little time of having nothing to do force him to face that again - but it show  again like in season 1 it not like he dont want this things , he want it, it just he think he cant have them 

And not to forget that the feeling of having no where to go , no place to call home, no family to mess, and no one to think of him when you have a day off 

I don't anyone of us can handle  one moments  like this 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

My "patiently waiting moment" paid off!!!!

First I totally forgot that the drama already aired, since I was busy completing the happening Kim Soo Hyun drama.... (gosh that one is a good one too.... :sparklyeyes:)

When I open my soompi news on saturday the news about "Stranger 2" is on and how it manage to achieve first in drama ratings.... I just jumped in happiness and go directly watching it...

The opening is a good one... they directly portraying the clash between the police and the prosecutor, how they played with media point fingers at each other,

I can see where Choi Bit stand... she really use everything to pave her flowery road even when if she has to betray her superior.

but for Choi Moo Sung, he seems like a calm one.. and to my surprise in the end of episode 2 I can see the cold side of him when he crushed Seo Dong Jae. yes I like the way he execute that scene....

Hwang Si Mok indeed very lucky, he got transferred to the Supreme house without even trying, and his first problem now is finding a place to live.... 

in the end of season 1 i thought that Kang Won Cheol is on Si Mok's side, i thought he will be on his side.. but to my surprise in the first episode I see jealousy, anger, and upset in him toward Si Mok.... he's not the warm type yes I figure that out on season 1, but after the last phone convo in the end of season 1, I thought he has soft side on Si Mok.... 

Can't wait to meet Kim Sa Hyun.... guess he and and Moo Sung has something in common, so Moo Sung make him the latest member of the joint club. and for the police team, I guess Jang Gun will join too. Since Choi Bit ask Yeo Jin to find someone to fill the last spot. And from her requirement... my thought goes to Jang Gun.

• Like 8

Forest of Secrets 2: Episode 1

by quirkycase

FoS201-00405.jpg

IT`S HERE! *ahem*tvN`s Forest Secret 2 is finally on air three years after its first season`s run, returning with the same writer and the majority of season one’s cast including our leads Jo Seung-woo and Bae Doo-na. The hype for this has been real, and with the rarity of second seasons in dramaland as well as the high praise for the first season, this drama has a lot to live up to. We begin with our former special investigation team members scattered across cities and agencies, but thanks to a suspicious new case and tensions brewing between the police and prosecution, it looks like their paths will once again merge.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/08/forest-of-secrets-2-episode-1/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

My favorite  one till now 

img.gif   

Someone who really happy to have him back , and the only one who really  welcome  him back 

I loved her overjoyed face seeing him again and him success  to back home 

And sure this 

img.gif 

We going to see each other more now

Okay leave the romance  plot  out I dont care I just love this two so much, their connection  is amazing in any human level 

I am just enjoying  anything they have or give 

Well writing  characters :thumbsup:

Gif source 

Gif source

Edited by nona88
  • Like 11
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, nona88 said:

The book  we need time to figure  up if it only mean he read so much cause he has nothing to do or cause he really thinking of going to Germany :dissapointed_relieved: ( I am with first meaning  ofcourse) 

the scene in the car still the sadness  one it simple but show so much of how much this man lonely and care about this things 

It not new , even from season 1 when he was saying in cold behavior  to his friend  that he know he will be alone till he die , we see it  just him aware of his situation and it   not what he really want 

There was so many hints in season 1 how lonely  he is, and how much he wish to have  any kind of human relationship with anyone but he couldnt  cause he think he has no feeling  and cause he really cant trust people  as he able to see through  them   

One of Our favorite  scenes  from S1 when he smile and have that delightful face when YJ only use the words " between  us" as using "us" make him connected to someone and he was happy she see  them as team or anything and was so many others scenes

I think he always  was lonely  and aware of life outside  but he just keep working and working to forget that, and a little time of having nothing to do force him to face that again - but it show  again like in season 1 it not like he dont want this things , he want it, it just he think he cant have them 

And not to forget that the feeling of having no where to go , no place to call home, no family to mess, and no one to think of him when you have a day off 

I don't anyone of us can handle  one moments  like this 

Love everything you said about Shimok and his loneliness. It’s a crime thriller but i feel so much for the characters more than many Romantic or slice of life drama. The way it is written, directed and acted is subtle but so powerful in the most realistic way. 
i am usually allergic to too dramatic scenes where i can see they try to create emotional impact to the audience. 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, farawayland said:

Love everything you said about Shimok and his loneliness. It’s a crime thriller but i feel so much for the characters more than many Romantic or slice of life drama. The way it is written, directed and acted is subtle but so powerful in the most realistic way. 
i am usually allergic to too dramatic scenes where i can see they try to create emotional impact to the audience. 

Thanks I like it here too cause they dont forced it on us, they making them a passing scene you can touched  by them or not 

The humanity parts of this drama and each characters was doing so well from season 1 it here in simple ways and scenes 

And you can't stop liking it even when you hate that kind of scene  

I respect  the writer for giving that to each characters no matter how big their roles in the drama 

• Like 7

Weehoo.. My 1st comment since so long. I'm kind a.. dont feel like to comment when Soompi change the forums set up. Enuff of that. 

NETFLIX has been recommended this drama for a while with the title STRANGER but I just ignored it. Since it continues to second season, well why not checking it out! And I love it!

I'm not familiar with the leading actor but I know BDN.

SM way of thinking is different from normal people. I do hope he will get someone to love him in the end. YJ? He might be unromantic but still a responsibile person. I'm not sure DJ is a good person or not. We'll see. SM did give him a chance. I want to see what DJ's goal by showing WTH his findings. 

From the opening incident with those youngsters, it looks like a simple incident but it opened to a larger implications. Cause and effect. 

A lot of things I want to see in this drama. Hope it will stay wesome! 

• Like 9
3 hours ago, farawayland said:

The way it is written, directed and acted is subtle but so powerful in the most realistic way. 

I agree. I was waiting for this drama and I knew I will like it. I read that some people find the first episode too slow. Sure it was slow but there was so much going on. I never got bored for a minute.

We saw how police and prosecutors interact and their point of view about the new reform, how every side is working, we saw Yeo Jin working at the office but misses the old job, how Shi Mok is still the same and how he arrives at the Suprime Prosecutor Office. It was a perfect set up.

• Like 12
24 minutes ago, larus said:

I read that some people find the first episode too slow.

I think people are comparing it to S1 first episode where he apprehended the suspect and also he committed suicide. And S1 was who dunnit kind of. S2 is more about the internal politics and conflicts between prosecutor and police. I guess people are expecting it to be another who dunnit kind of series. I am personally loving the conflict btwn police and prosecutor.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, pompyavi said:

S2 is more about the internal politics and conflicts between prosecutor and police. I guess people are expecting it to be another who dunnit kind of series. I am personally loving the conflict btwn police and prosecutor.

That’s the feeling I get too.  It’s more like her series Life (which people also found slow).  Problem she has is that the internal politics regarding investigative rights of the Police and the Prosecution is unique to South Korea. It’s not like Life where the corporate takeovers/management of service industries is prevalent world wide and a majority of people will appreciate the questions she’s raising.  So for those who don’t get the Korean Judicial system the drama may seem to go over their heads and seem a bit irrelevant.  Most countries have the Police investigate and gather evidence which is then passed on to the Prosecution who takes it to court - the lines are clearly drawn.  The Prosecutors don’t play detective and collect evidence at the crime scene.  It took me a while of watching procedural dramas to get this quirk in the Korean system.  I am invested though.  I like her writing  so I will keep watching regardless  :)

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
20 hours ago, nrllee said:

I am not sure it’s tied to anything but it was mentioned in passing that SM had family (his mom) in Seoul so everyone just assumed he had a place to stay when he left.  So I agree with @nona88 that it was to highlight he had nowhere to go to (he didn’t go back to see his mom) or any friends, apart from YJ.  

19 hours ago, nona88 said:

Thank you for the explanation! ShiMok was asked to kill some time while waiting for his transfer assignment and the man drove to a rest area to sit in the car.  He didn't go shopping, call a friend for a drink or a meal, find a fun way to enjoy the time off ... all he did was sit in the car reading a law book.  Instead of experiencing childhood first hand like the parents at the rest stop,  he reads about children in a law book.  He cuts a solitary figure at a busy place where people were hand in hand with their loved one, laughing, having a good time with another person.  You mentioned about family.  I don't think ShiMok desperately yearns for companionship in the past.  When he was young, his outburst alienated a lot of the kids.  He eventually resigned himself to his own corner and built his life around work.  He acutely awares he is different.  He's not ashamed or overly sensitive to his situation, just accepting life as is. He's a workaholic not only because he loves his career but it could be the only way he knows how to spend his time.  I hope ShiMok has a chance to experience more relationships and life this season.

On 8/17/2020 at 9:11 AM, larus said:

Yes, Woo Tae Ha wanted the bigger name but Dong-Jae is what he got. But I wonder if Woo Tae Ha really wanted to leave Choi Bit out with the pretense that he wants her boss or it is something with these two?

I suspect everthing. :w00t:

On 8/17/2020 at 9:59 AM, pompyavi said:

am curious though what's the motive of taking him into team? Why Choi Bit wanted him to be an adviser? And why WTH took him as a member, knowing how is he? Does he think he can use him or manipulate him? 

Choi Bit approved ShiMok's nomination to the panel.  She also pivoted to get Det Jang aboard with Yeo Jin.  I have a feeling that Choi Bit and Woo Tae Ha are secretly working together to expose more higher up corruptions (ala Lee Chang Joon's mastermind grand plan).  A simpler explanation could be that they both exploit Shi Mok-Yeo Jin's relationship to gain insight to the other person's game plan.  Doesn't hurt to get SM-YJ fronting their cause so to bolster public trust too.  It's too early, I don't know what the writer is planning LOL  I just don't believe a corrupted Police Chief would want to lead a police reform division.  Doesn't sound right, why draw more attention to yourself (and your skeleton in the closet) by working in a department where you are constantly being discredited and targeted by the prosecution?

BTW, Seo Dong Jae is one fun character to play. :D LJH did a great job with that monologue. Love his weasel character.  Guy has no allegiance to anyone!

On 8/17/2020 at 6:11 AM, penelop3 said:

This may sound gullible, but to me there should be a clear line between police and prosecutors's responsibilities and rights. Police should do their own investigation - tied it up - handover to prosecutor; prosecutor then should do check and recheck (if that requires another investigation, then so be it) - go to trial and present the case. Each need to be hold accountable to own's works. 

Yes, I know what you mean. We have to consider history to understand the reason why prosecution has this power.  The public’s mistrust of police is based the police's long history of cracking down democratic activists under military dictatorships.  To prevent this, the prosecution was given the right to lead the investigation and direct the police force.  The belief is prosecutors will protect citizen individual rights because they work indict and investigate under legal guidelines.  However, they have been found guilty of colluding with private companies and are prone to all kinds of briberies as well.  Both police and prosecution can benefit from this push for reform.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2