[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

27 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I went through episodes on FF, and found nothing, though. Will check again later. 

Don`t bother. It is not that important. You have other more important things to do than helping me in this.  I did not know if I saw him before in this drama or not. If you remember the guy, it is possible he appeared very briefly somewhere. Thanks again.

27 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But going through episodes made me wonder, why didn't they really do basic check on the survivor.

It was a lot of things. Not only it was an intervention to close the case quickly but they really thought it is a simple case of accidental drowning. Maybe they treat the case a little superficial. Perhaps everyone thought it was Oh Joo Sun or someone from that rich couple`s family was the one to call a higher up to close the case earlier but it is possible that Kim Hu Jeon`s father did it. Not to help his son (he did not have a clue about that happened with his son) but he did not want the case to be open for long because it was his son involved and by extension, he was exposed to the media.

Yes, if they let the police or Shi Mok to investigate more it was a chance to discover something suspisious in the case.

• Like 9

Back to PGS case 

I still believe  that the people  that was there beside PGS were

1. woo  as he was in the investigation  team of that case and in the same time he was involved  in the stock frauds, as it was mentioned  before LYJ  company  also  was involved  in paying and selling the same  kind of stock  that  Woo sell  with his wife, he used inside information  to gain profits  and maybe he sell that information  to LYJ  or her father or brother  ( since they also was noted before that they also involve in that stocks ) so that when theirs all involved  start  

2. I think the second person in that meeting was the police  chief , since Choi  arrived later I dont think she did it as personal favorite  for woo  only she was order to come by someone  so he will be the police  chief ( or the one who now is her chief  or he was the one who was arrested  in the early  episode  too ) why I think that?? Cause when YJ   confirmed  her about the USB  and trying to drag her into it, the only words  choi said that day that I believe  was honest  is when she said " you still have no idea what it mean to be dragged into from your boss" ( or something  like that I dont remember  the exactly  words)  so I think  that when everything  start she was called there and was asked to clean the mess  and she get her promoted cause of it , and that when everything  was start for her too  ( the police  chief  maybe involved  in the stock scams  or just was one of Hanjo paid check people)

Now the question  who was there too from hanjo???? And who was behind  the deal there? Is it LYJ  , her father, her brother  was behind  that deal and who was there in their behavior  

As choi said no way they didnt have someone  from their side, and we saw LYJ  have that tied  recording  and controlling over events  and sure we know that her father was even worse, but LYJ  for me seemed clueless  about what happen  there  she trying to act as she known  but the true  she fishing  and trying to find out what happened  there  

And since we had her father issue and we didn't  see him or his son till now I keeped  going to the crazy Idea i wrote  about before  that maybe PGS heart attack  happen  cause some bullying  or cause stress from LYJ father or brother  or  the other thought that the father really not a live ( okay I wrote long crazy theories  about it before so l will not talk about it more) 

It just bother me we keep hearing about her brother  and father  and never saw them till now specially  the brother it look like LYJ  fighting  a names  only 

• Like 6

Wow, everyone... good discussion going on here.  :D  Me... I have many theories and questions.  I too don't think KHJ was capable of disabling Dong Jae alone.  I remember him falling over after Dong Jae's kick.  He's also not strong or tall enough to strike Dong Jae in the forehead unless he hit him from behind. Killing the boys on the beach were easier cuz they were drunk.  Here, we have a full grown man.  He wouldn't be able to incapacitated Dong Jae without leaving any evidence.  Where are the bricks or the weapon that was used to hit Dong Jae?  Why take Dong Jae's dashcam?  If Dong Jae pulled over abruptly to catch KJH, he would have left the car key in the ignition.  Where are the keys?   More importantly, did the police find the music stand that was used to strike Dong Jae?

What are the chances that Dong Jae went into KHJ's car and they drove to his house?  Maybe that's why he took his car key with him?  But why not re park the car?

cbc no GIF by Kim's Convenience

@pompyavi I'm sorry, I am dense.  What is it about JG's watch that I should notice?  Would you mind explain?

On 9/28/2020 at 9:16 PM, pompyavi said:

KSH is clever than Woo, he understood that Shimok wants him to get info from Woo. If he could understand that, then why would not he understand that he sneaked in his office because he suspects him? His reaction was like he felt betrayed by Shimok. Because he was the one who used to be protective of him and that's why he wondered why was it his office and not chief Woo.

Okie, so I was puzzled by KSH's reactions.  Some fans ruled out KSH because he didn't grill Shi Mok for suspecting him.  I don't know if KSH is sly enough to use reverse psychology and redirected the situation to keep him from looking suspiciously defensive.  So to show that  he has nothing to hide in the office. His face on the other side of the door was scary but he played dumb.   KSH has complained before with WTH that Shi Mok doesn't shows respect toward his superiors.  I assume he believes Shi Mok doesn't have ambition to climb the ladder because he is not playing by the unspoken rules.  I can't tell if KSH was upset Shi Mok fooled everyone with his nonchalant manner but shows his true self when no one is around.

23 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Why did he kidnap him when he didn't even know what Dong jae wanted to talk about? Even if he had doubts, he didn't have any evidence to indict him. There was no need to kidnap him. 

Also, if Woo and KSH are involved in fake witness thing, then they should have prevented issuing the warrant since the culprit would confess that it wasn't him who sent that. 

Exactly.  Dong Jae didn't have any evidence about the drowning case.  He would just have to play cool and answer DJ's questions.  He was a pretty good actor at the beach, I assume he would to at least try to lie his way out with DJ.  Contrast to how he behaves around Shi Mok whom he remembered was at the Tongyeong beach.  He panicked and ran which I think is the more normal reaction.  It seems out of character for a kid who was calculative enough to plan and kill to just kidnap someone and leave him in the closet without any clear directive.

I thought the police and Choi brought in Gi Hyeok both times?

22 hours ago, farawayland said:

There are many things about KHJ kidnapping DJ didn’t sit right with me so rewatched some scenes in the previous episodes. 

E8: KHJ left a message about “you people have no conscience” Why conscience? He is not talking about the wife or his bullies friends. For me it is implying the police/prosecutor who had no conscience. Why blaming them? 

In that scene,  KHJ tried to leave a msg under a video of Dong Jae's wife pleading for her husband return.  She was describing her husband as a hardworking prosecutor.   Maybe what he means by "you people" is "you the prosecutor" (cuz she was describing a prosecutor) have no conscience.  I am wondering if he is talking about his accomplice that night, a prosecutor who hurt Dong Jae without any remorse.   

21 hours ago, nrllee said:

I think the second person just wanted to benefit from the situation (KHJ was the kidnapper)?  It was fine to have everyone think it was the Police  and benefit from it?  But things got out of hand when he realized DJ could be dead.  

Don't you think it's odd that we don't hear music playing whenever we get shots of Dong Jae?  Make me think the person who monitors Dong Jae is not the musical kid KHJ.  A person who loves music wouldn't sit in the room silently like that.

20 hours ago, larus said:

I had a bad feeling about Jang Gun from the beginning of the drama.

I don't know if this is telltale or anything... They face off :D

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 10.13.56 PM

20 hours ago, pompyavi said:

As for the lighter and water bottles, even i am puzzled why they have been shown if those things means nothing. 

Could this person with the lighter and water bottle the same person who surveyed the scene before WTH?  Maybe he was also checking for the CCTV cameras back then?  The NCI team didn't find cigarette butts the night Dong Jae disappear right? If is, then we are looking at the same person who also provided the fake witness + story.  I am with @nrllee - Gi Hyeok's sponsor sounds a high level prosecutor or someone who controls prosecutors..... Hanjo?  

BTW, the police winning the investigative right has broader implication.  The police will be able to also close and open cases.  So who wins if the police wins?  Hanjo Electric!  The audit problem,  CP Kang's investigation, will be affected.

What Why Who Where and How?  We need the answers smart peeps of Soompi!

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 10.13.24 PM

Source

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I rewatched ep 14! i still feel the excitement of watching it the first time round haha!

Who called WTH when he was watching the rescue of SDJ live on TV? He had a pensive look on his face like he didnt want to pick up the call. Is this linked to the fake witness, but doesnt seem like he will know? Unless the call is from SM who was notifying him after YJ's update. But why would he have had that reaction if he is not linked to the fake witness. 

And yes I definitely believe KHJ did not do this on his own. Apart from the fact that it'd be physically difficult, he just doesnt seem like he would have planned to kidnap SDJ from the start just because SDJ wanted to meet with him. It's obvious that SDJ did not have any evidence at that time if not he would have came with some arrest warrant or summon him to the prosecutor office instead of meeting him at itaewon. 

• Like 6

@bedifferenthttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1rsVSzhZvaSVp_HVOxzFI9PN0RcWK2SreK4XX9aIit7c/edit?usp=sharing

The pic is attached in the google doc. While Chief Choi and he were interrogating the fake witness, he did not take a seat. Instead was leaning down on a chair. I remember Shimok interrogated Dong jae's wife and asked her about ransom, Jang Geon was present at that time. And the next day the bloody tie snap came. Also, the bruise on his face is worrying me. It can be that he was searching for Dong jae in the forest and he got it there. But I think, he was at the police station at that time. Also he is the one who brought the fake witness the first time.

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

I don't know if this is telltale or anything... They face off

Yeah. This could be a foretelling. 

Okie, so I was puzzled by KSH's reactions.  Some fans ruled out KSH because he didn't grill Shi Mok for suspecting him.  I don't know if KSH is sly enough to use reverse psychology and redirected the situation to keep him from looking suspiciously defensive.

The reason why I can't see prosecution orchestrating this alone is because they made sure the warrant won't be rejected. Also, the show is making us believe that it can be KSH, and I refuse to believe them:P. Last season they did fool me but not now. Though I am keeping the possibility open. Let's say either WTH or KSH or both are involved in sending the bloody tie pic and the fake witness thing. It is possible that they may ask the fake witness to take all the blame in return of lenient punishment and money. But the fact that police team would try to connect this to prosecution orchestrating this would be there, so will WTH and KSH risk that? Also, this would give police an upper hand for the investigation rights and will Lee Soo Yeon go that way? 

He was a pretty good actor at the beach, I assume he would to at least try to lie his way out with DJ.  Contrast to how he behaves around Shi Mok whom he remembered was at the Tongyeong beach.  He panicked and ran which I think is the more normal reaction.  It seems out of character for a kid who was calculative enough to plan and kill to just kidnap someone and leave him in the closet without any clear directive.

Exactly. He immediately answered that the blood was of a dog and was playing nicely. Where is Dong Jae's dash cam? And could he smash his head so brutally? I will be honest here, if they did not explain the lighter, the bottles and missing dashcam I will be mad. I would still want another season but the beauty of SF is in the details and the show itself has quoted this, so better do justice with that.

EjJO7xZUcAAlQqC?format=jpg&name=large

Dong jae would not have been kidnapped. That's your answer.

Edited by pompyavi
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1

@larus and @Sleepy Owl i had the same feeling when I saw PGS on screen the first time I thought He appeared in the previous episodes. Turn out he was in Hospital Playlist which I was watching at the same time with this :sweat: Overlapping memories from watching kdrama. 
@Gummi I am wondering about that phone call to WTH when the news about DJ rescue. There was fear on his face like he had to pluck all of his courage before answering. 
I hope we will have longer running time for the last two episodes! 

• Like 7

Did we pick up that for the TongYeong case,  Ryu was one of the Prosecutors in charge?  His was the first signature.  Kang’s was the final signature to close the case.

EF988-DFD-A1-F3-45-E9-AD2-B-EEAF185-FE39

2486913-B-06-EF-445-D-9-EF8-DD5-DC29-C2-

Survivor boy seemed to be nonchalant when Oh and the couple approached him.  Just like the fake witness.  Both knew someone would “take care of business”.  Did his dad muscle in and pull strings and closed the case?  He was in the Supreme Office before he left to become a lawyer.  Which class was he in?  Did he ring Ryu and asked for a favour and got him to close it quickly?  And Kang was just someone down the chain who signed off because he trusted everyone else had already done due diligence?

Who would be close enough to Survivor boy to collude with him though?  If we are to believe that he didn’t do it alone, who would he trust to kidnap a Prosecutor?  Why would he risk kidnapping a prosecutor?  As a solution to his problem?  Whoever sent the bloodied tie didn’t realize that DJ’s hands were bound by his original tie?  So he wouldn’t have been at the kidnapping scene?   Honestly kidnapping DJ without a plan to kill him wasn’t well thought out?  (I agree with @bedifferentand @pompyavi)  If DJ didn’t die, he would definitely be able to tell his story?   So I do think KHJ kidnapped DJ in a state of panic.  I somehow think he didn’t intend to but DJ probably pushed all his buttons and KHJ lost it (he thought he was finally free of the 2 bullies) when DJ kept probing him about them.  KHJ knocked him out.  Then one thing led to another.  He put DJ in the boot of the car, hid him in the closet and then just stewed over what he would do next.  I don’t think he had a plan.  He was just making it up as he went along.

Now who would know about TongYeong and find out his whereabouts?  To be able to sneak in and provide water to DJ?  And utilize the situation to throw shade at the Police and bring them to disrepute?

Both WTH and KSH were adamant that KHJ couldn’t get off scot free.  DJ was alive.  He would be able to tell his story so no amount of a cover up would work?  It would be better to just pin everything on the boy (even the bloodied tie and note).  And the false witness is already “bought”.  

2 hours ago, pompyavi said:

It is possible that they may ask the fake witness to take all the blame in return of lenient punishment and money. But the fact that police team would try to connect this to prosecution orchestrating this would be there, so will WTH and KSH risk that? Also, this would give police an upper hand for the investigation rights and will Lee Soo Yeon go that way? 

I think they would because whoever “bought” the witness knew he would keep quiet about it if promised leniency.  At the moment they have nothing on him and his account that he did it for the money cannot be refuted.  He was merely being opportunistic?  So there would be no “evidence” to tie him back to them unless he confessed.  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

While Chief Choi and he were interrogating the fake witness, he did not take a seat. Instead was leaning down on a chair. I remember Shimok interrogated Dong jae's wife and asked her about ransom, Jang Geon was present at that time. And the next day the bloody tie snap came. Also, the bruise on his face is worrying me. It can be that he was searching for Dong jae in the forest and he got it there. But I think, he was at the police station at that time. Also he is the one who brought the fake witness the first time.

Nice point, I remember someone even suspected the wife more, because after asking the questions regarding ransom, that note suddenly came out. Which made SM suspect her too I guess and asked JG to get her written statement in order to compare the hand writing. It could JG, because it did seem like a sudden move to me. 

The reason why I can't see prosecution orchestrating this alone is because they made sure the warrant won't be rejected. Also, the show is making us believe that it can be KSH, and I refuse to believe them:P. Last season they did fool me but not now. Though I am keeping the possibility open. Let's say either WTH or KSH or both are involved in sending the bloody tie pic and the fake witness thing. It is possible that they may ask the fake witness to take all the blame in return of lenient punishment and money. But the fact that police team would try to connect this to prosecution orchestrating this would be there, so will WTH and KSH risk that? Also, this would give police an upper hand for the investigation rights and will Lee Soo Yeon go that way? 

Well, I had said before too. WTH could be a non-calculative type of character, who is also very bad at hiding his emotions when he should not, eg whenever PGS's name is even taken, he becomes nervous. 

Now about KSH, he is the future version of SDJ. I can say that maybe...maybe they are behind that note. Because even when the witness was proved to be fake, he said to SM, "Don't forget the police watch in the photo", so chances are he could be behind it. But I don't think they would choose an ex-convict as fake witness, that too a con artist, whose statements would already be doubted in the first place. Plus as you already said, it is a high risk move, and their connection with the fake witness would be very easily found. 

What I see happening is, as we suspect, both Police force and Prosecution having their share in fake witness and fake evidence/note, making the investigative rights fight go back to first block. Because I don't really see it fully going into the Police Force's hands. Choi Bit is using the same method WTH did and this time, it may really backfire to them with much more impact than it did to prosecution, if Police Force is really involved in faking a witness or note and would be really worse, if the accomplice is part of them, where we are suspecting JG. 

4 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Exactly.  Dong Jae didn't have any evidence about the drowning case.  He would just have to play cool and answer DJ's questions.  He was a pretty good actor at the beach, I assume he would to at least try to lie his way out with DJ.  Contrast to how he behaves around Shi Mok whom he remembered was at the Tongyeong beach.  He panicked and ran which I think is the more normal reaction.  It seems out of character for a kid who was calculative enough to plan and kill to just kidnap someone and leave him in the closet without any clear directive.

Well, it wasn't the first time SDJ called him. Secondly, we didn't get to see what exactly happened there. What if SDJ's leading questions made him give out an info regarding that incident which he wasn't supposed to do. You see, a police officer asking questions for formality, considering him a victim too or like as a testifier, but SDJ being an experienced prosecutor asking questions with the mindset of him being the culprit. I think after asking a few questions SDJ was leaving and this guy attacked him. Not immediately after meeting him. Plus well there could be another person involved here or joined him later is something I can't really say. 

Now this guy running away when SM showed up. I think I'll have to re-watch the episode, but he recognized SM I guess as the prosecutor who was at the beach, and well Detective and Prosecutor coming together means trouble, so he ran away. The expression he gave when YJ was only there while closing his garage, seemed to me like he was ready to deal with her, but SM coming made things different. 

Also I think he was not really going to answer about SDJ during interrogation, but SM telling asking him does he want to be charged with 3 murders or 2 murders and 1 attempted murder, made him think a bit rationally and decide to come clean in order to have some advantage in court. Also, it will not be very easy for them to prove he killed those guys. I checked the scene where he did tell YJ where he abandoned SDJ, but he did not directly confess to have killed those two. So chances are he found himself cornered with SDJ, and decided it is better to e charged with attempt to murder than actual murder. He might not really convicted for those 2 guys' murder if he really does not confess directly. In car he spoke about how he was bullied and how they kept following him. But did not reply to YJ's question "did you think it would stop if you killed them?". So I don't think even this recorder can be used to prove his murder. 

• Like 8

The fact that we still in middle  2019 in this drama timeline and the right to investigate  was changed  already  in the start of 2020 before they start filming  this drama  

Make me think  now that SM   and YJ  going to  find about everything  and  both the prosecutors and police will be in shame  in public  eyes but the right fight will continue  even after everything  is ended  

YJ  and SM mosty will not be part of the investigation  fight after what they going to do and will be send away ( just that I hope not more paying for their honesty)  and we will have later a time jump  when they both hear about what happen to the investigation  fight in early 2020 

Since neither  SM  or YJ  really should care about it since thet both know no matter what the decision  will be it still will have faults  and dirty  people  who going to use it .

They both fit finding  the true and justice  before your eyes more then playing for the bigger  good and picture  crazy acting ( the writer  using YJ and SM as example to show the fault  in the system  before  and will be after the change, she not with the change  itself  or against  it , she just wanted  to show  how both sides can abuse their power  in both situations) 

Only my hope that they stay in touch  and together  after that , we should get some characters  developments  after 3 years of waiting not just two people  who just see each other rarely till the last few episodes  and the just be apart  ( as I said I didnt have single  regrets about the ending if season 1 it was perfect  then and we had perfect  characters  development all the way till the end , but here we didnt have enough  to be okay with just anything) 

2 episode  left how they going to close the drowning case with all our smart theories  and the case of PGS I am waiting to see that 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bedifferent said:

BTW, the police winning the investigative right has broader implication.  The police will be able to also close and open cases.  So who wins if the police wins?  Hanjo Electric!  The audit problem,  CP Kang's investigation, will be affected.

I am not an expert but from what I understand, the prosecutors will continue to have rights to open and close cases too. There are cases that are investigated directly by the prosecutors and those are cases of coruption, money laundering, abuse of power and other delicts. Hanjo Electric will continue to be investigated by the prosecutors so the audit problem won`t be affected by the police gaining investigative rights.  Police will have rights to open cases of accidents, theft, murder and other delicts. I think that`s the case in most countries.

Police had investigative powers before but after the coup etat, like Choi Bit mentioned,  they lost these rights. I personally think the police has to gain the rights on their own investigation. I don`t find corect that prosecutors has to be investigated by any one by prosecutors himselves when they are involvd in criminal activities either.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Only my hope that they stay in touch  and together  after that , we should get some characters  developments  after 3 years of waiting not just two people  who just see each other rarely till the last few episodes  and the just be apart  ( as I said I didnt have single  regrets about the ending if season 1 it was perfect  then and we had perfect  characters  development all the way till the end , but here we didnt have enough  to be okay with just anything) 

Sorry i have to disagree regarding the little character development this season. I personally find they have changed a lot by facing difficulties individually.  By putting them in a different environment Changes ——> growth. In reality, we don’t see our best friend very regularly. SM and YJ can’t be together all the time. It’s not healthy and unrealistic imo. Yes at the beginning I occasionally wished i saw them together more often. But until now i understand why they have to face some tough time to discover themselves. Being on the opposite sides, their relationship must be affected whether we want to or not. I am glad we have opportunities to explore their relationship with other people for example Shimok with Chief Kang and Dong-jae YJ with Choibit and Yongsan police. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, farawayland said:

Sorry i have to disagree regarding the little character development this season. I personally find they have changed a lot by facing difficulties individually.  By putting them in a different environment Changes ——> growth. In reality, we don’t see our best friend very regularly. SM and YJ can’t be together all the time. It’s not healthy and unrealistic imo. Yes at the beginning I occasionally wished i saw them together more often. But until now i understand why they have to face some tough time to discover themselves. Being on the opposite sides, their relationship must be affected whether we want to or not. I am glad we have opportunities to explore their relationship with other people for example Shimok with Chief Kang and Dong-jae YJ with Choibit and Yongsan police. 

In my opinion characters were developed very nicely. Especially ShiMok's character. HYJ who used to be bold of everything now understands that in some situations she needs to be quiet for the sake of organization. Shimok has become little polite, Eunsoo's death really affected him. In S1, he mostly used to be cold towards everyone but here he is not. Him remembering about Eunsoo is a very big thing imo. YJ was little distant or rather I should say a little hesitant towards him because of the police-prosecution turf war but she realized he is the same, rational person. Tbh I was not expecting to see any character development for Shimok or I couldn't fathom how can his character develop. Lee Soo Yeon did a good job in that.

• Like 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Okay Oh had the lapel pin as well.  Just like KHJ’s dad.

E2065295-1196-4-ED5-8-F1-D-5-E509-C7-AE7

As for the bruise on Jang Geon’s face.  It wasn’t there when they found the blanket and clothes dumped in the charity bin.  Capt sends him to get the rest of the GPS log.

Spoiler

2-ADB15-A7-411-C-40-D0-81-E2-2068-B4888-

77-EEA17-C-74-F9-40-A6-8-FF2-8-AE111-A90

6-B41836-C-9-B4-B-4-CD7-8-F19-805-B54-B0

We don’t see him at the mountain scene where they are looking for DJ’s body.  Next we see him is at the station.  He’s seen coming to KHJ’s cell.  Presumably they took him back to the station after he told them where he dumped the body.  And Jang came to break the news to him that they had found DJ.  And he has the bruise on his cheek.  I wouldn’t have thought getting a GPS log would be necessitate a physical altercation of sorts?   Does Jang look sorry for the boy here?   Why would he be?

Spoiler

42-CDA620-4-A13-4235-A169-B5290252130-E.

7-D9-B5-CE4-F9-A5-4090-B0-CC-C85-E547861

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

@nrllee wow, amount of details in this drama! So prosecutors also have a flower symbol?  Are they are same as the police, wondering? 
for me when JG looking at the kid, he feels sorry for him. I am leaning toward him discovering something from the GPS logs instead of planting an evidence. 
 KHJ dashcam also missing from his car. I am going to rewatch the scene where he dump the body see of the dashcam was still there. 

4 hours ago, pompyavi said:

According to netflix last two episodes are of 66 and 67 minutes respectively.

only 66-67 minutes :confused: I remember S1 the final episode has almost 1.5 hour 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, farawayland said:

So prosecutors also have a flower symbol?  Are they are same as the police, wondering? 

I think in real life attorneys and assemblymen wear that. I have seen them wearing in news. Prosecutors don't wear those.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, pompyavi said:

In S1, he mostly used to be cold towards everyone but here he is not. Him remembering about Eunsoo is a very big thing imo. YJ was little distant or rather I should say a little hesitant towards him because of the police-prosecution turf war but she realized he is the same, rational person. Tbh I was not expecting to see any character development for Shimok or I couldn't fathom how can his character develop. Lee Soo Yeon did a good job in that.

I agree. I think the events in S1 profoundly affected him. Eun-Soo's death, Chang-Joon's death, etc. As the doctor said in S1, he does experience emotion just like anyone else, he simply processes them differently.

I'm enjoying this show so much, but I'm also profoundly affected by it, too. How institutional corruption gets so much in the way of justice, how two people who just want to find the bad guy are so obstructed and interfered with so that other people can cover their own butts... :(

• Like 8

I am changing my hypothesis about the person with the green lighter.  I think it’s CB.  Too many pics so it’s in a doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pp2bM0drNXtvSy2myz1Qy_Gq14-mDk1pQOMl1cWw4lI/

Someone else (from the Prosecution) leaked info about the Segok police being investigated, the cryptic note and the false witness.  I am not sure it’s all the same person.  It could be more than one?  Still mulling over this. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

Forest of Secrets 2: Episode 14

by quirkycase

FoS214-00487.jpg

If you ever thought the previous episodes were moving too slowly, this one’s for you. It’s an action-packed hour, folks, as everything finally starts coming together, and we get some major breakthroughs in the case. Armed with new information, the search for our missing prosecutor reaches a fever pitch. Our leads are both desperate and emotionally drained, but the end may be in sight.

EPISODE 14

FoS214-01208.jpg

Yeo-jin searches the small house, but it’s empty. Meanwhile, as Hoo-jung flees, we see a flashback to his “friends” visiting his place, looking decidedly unfriendly. He looked like a prisoner as he drove them to the beach.

He led those very drunk “friends” to the water. Afterwards, he’d quickly changed his clothes and returned to his room to dry off. We see his hand got scratched, presumably from when he’d held them under. He’d then went back to the beach and called to report his “missing” friends.

In the present, Shi-mok and Yeo-jin finally catch and handcuff him. They take him back to the house, and Yeo-jin demands to know where Dong-jae is. Shi-mok marches over to the closet and opens it, making a sound of disgust at the smell. Hoo-jung remains silent as Yeo-jin screams at him.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/forest-of-secrets-2-episode-14/

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3