[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

@breadstal

Thanks for sharing  the new ost , honestly  I still dont know how I feel about it, if I like dit or not, maybe cause I couldn't  connect the song style  with the drama when I first hear it 

But I hear it later to be objective with the song itself ( maybe it just didnt fit this drama as fast as other for me ) 

12 minutes ago, Jillia said:

It's Forest of Secret Day! :D

Yeh we finally  here one hour to go :popcornjackson:

• Like 1

Okay before starting anything  I have to ask why all this people  like this so prideful to the point they blind  of what really important  

It always  like this when the organization  tried  to own you and make you feel like  your all world and life around it  and that she should be like family  that you  protect  at any cost , sadly I saw that even in the private  sector , the great methods  to success  to make that stupid  prideful part grow till it  blind everything  also 

Okay back  to the drama  I will try to update as much as I can 

It just that the actor was right when he saw SM and YJ  Is the light  of the world I saw only people  thinking  about  control damage and no one care about what really happened 

Are that the people  who subbosed  to be the victims last hope??  :rage:

• Like 1

Ep 5 

Spoiler

Choi definitely  involved in that case 

I think if I understand  someone who involved in the case Is nephew  or something  to some police chief 

The prosecutors also part of  what happen  just as we thought    

That dont mean Choi has the right to blame  the prosecutors she hide it too 

My favorite  SM  when he just dont care about what his boss or others saying he just give that face when they talking like it a death or life Matter  and he with that face that telling : aren't  you shamed, or it not what matters  here 

He was like this from season 1 if he was emotional  person  he was going to scream  get the hell out of my face when that happened   

And Choi franky said to YJ  that this case better  be as a suicide  ( as ordering her in indirect  way to keep it like this no matter what she find) 

YJ said yes and get out but she definitely  not liking it 

We know that YJ  mot stupid  to show everything she think   to Choi 

• Like 3

Okay so many things happening here

Spoiler

Cant even be sure I am written  in the right order

Cause  while YJ  was in prison  she did meet our painful  killer  prosecutor  from season1 we know how that was painful to her back then  

And he look at her like he looking at friend he long for and give her that soft smile 

Okay count me out I dont even know how I feel about all that till i watched again later 

Anyways  they have small talk 

I will not even recap  that watching it later my friend 

SM moving to a new apartment  it doesn't look good it look small and dirty and he he has apartment mate I think too 

Ah I know I am not written  in order but I forget YJ  meeting the prisoner officer  was bad he for sure had that attitude  that will make me  want to go and slap  him as YJ  said it nothing  to be proud  of, she getting more sure of what happen back then 

I dont know how I feel about all this  why they doing it now bring that painful  part of season 1 all again in one scene  I hope I am not forgiving any important  things out cause the surprise the give in the prison  had  affect  my focus  and feeling 

Edit

and we have enough  cute scenes between  SDJ and SM( SDJ acting like he and SM was in good terms  in padt he even tell him you dont remember when SM  deny  it) and we have a cute scene with this two and YJ  just watching it better then spoiler  it( I like YJ  sassy attitude)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay about SDJ I think he more lonely  and more wounded  from what happen two years ago then what he showing and trying to hide behind his childish attitude 

I think he really has no one who he get along with really and that he really miss the old time when KCJ was a life and SM around 

I dont know but I felt he really was wounded by what happen there some sincere in him that you cant just see as it mix with so much other crazy things 

Edit : I will stop reacping  now there still a little climax  about YJ  and the prosecutor  but I missed part of what happen so I  going to rewatched  it again 

More important  they fool as again the most waited scene between  Yj and Sm that shoul have being in ep 4 from the preview  didn't  happen today either  but it was in the previews  of ep 6 but yeh o feel like being fooled  even with all the intense  and cute other scenes  they give us today( play that part of me I am not so forgivable )

And the question  till tomorrow  what YJ  really chose  to do ? What really was in that report? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for livecapping @nona88!!

Yay looking forward to the cute scene between SM and SDJ. I am actually like SDJ a lot more in these first few eps of S2. He has grown as a character though he still acts all swarmy. Feels like he is overall a much better human being haha

• Like 5

Okay I am off for a couple of hours  that was a so much going on episode  

But I really want they really  investigate soon I dont mind the political  and the conflict here but i miss more mystery  and more  what really like to watch YJ  and SM  style of work 

Anyway Choi already  showing her really face I guess YJ  will never trust her completely  again and I think YJ   did really do something  already and we going to find about later  

I don't like Choi neither  woo  they both using YJ  and SM  good, honest and objectively images from two years ago for their own interests  and power struggle 

That the same reason Choi order YJ  to bring the file herself  and to not even look what inside, she could order  anyone also but I guess she tried to make it look like YJ was also working on whatever  was in that file :rage:

Okay see you later my friends

• Like 4

I absolutely LOVE :heart:

Spoiler

the meeting between Yeo Jin and Mr Yoon at the prison.  Thank you writernim.  I myself have wondered about him after season 1 ended.  Like her, it touched me so to see him at peace and doing ok.  It’s a good case for taking accountability and using time to reflect on your crime.  Not only did it give me hope, this brought us back to the drowning kids’ case and ShiMok’s argument.  Good writing here.

Who sent him the package?  Anyone wants to guess?

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Whoaa... just when I thought things can't get any heavier, BAAM! I was proved wrong again. 

First off, Choi Bit:

I'm surprised how much power she has, especially if all the intelligence goes to her. You know what they say - information is power. She can link right away the connection of Officer Song's transfer case and his bullying in Segok police station. I feel so bad for Officer Song now, how could life treat him like that. 

Back to Choi Bit, at first I was amazed by her power and smartness, but when I heard her twist the story of homicide to suicide - I made the same face as HYJ. :expressionless: 

What Officer Song shared with his fellow officer (can't remember his name) is the best quote of this episode: 

"The higher-ups can't even speak up against those with power, yet they can't stand it when their subordinates speak out. They labeled me as a rebel and transferred me because they were afraid I'd cause trouble. That we, the police, shouldn't be like this" 

HSM following up with the rental case's warrant: 

I guess HSM now understands more about how 'human relations' (you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours) work in bureaucratic setting and how much it impacts the criminal procedure. But not everyone is like him, rules are bound to be broken in the case of 'you owe me'. It only a matter of degrees. How much are you willing to do favor for your colleague. 

Lee Dae Song: 
OMG... this guy really pissed me off. My blood is boiling just listening to HYJ questioning him. Now I want to know how HSM would handle the interview - or SDJ's snakey arguments. 

So from this flashback, Captain Baek, Kim Su Hang, and Lee Dae Song definitely play a major role in both the bullying and the bribery. The one who took the fall should be benefited the most - is it more money? Perhaps they don't disclose the actual bribery they collected? I wish SDJ - HSM - HYJ would follow the money, or hire a professional audit for this case. :sweatingbullets:

HSM - HYJ (and SDJ): 

Now that's it out of the open.. yaay, joint-investigation? 

Love SDJ - HSM's interaction here! 

LYJ: Hmm.. I'm liking her more now. She's surprisingly cunning yet humane. 

I watched in the cast interview that Yoon Se-Ah hinted that Mr Park and LYJ will have something going on. Watching this, I can totally understand why Mr Park fell for LYJ. 

Assembly Nam's case and the whole nine yard: 
Geez. I guess the writer really has a lot of faith to us - the audience.:blink:

With so much details, names, cases, and the law jargon cramming in, I hope we can keep up. 

Chief Woo is certainly suspicious. What HSM's deducted earlier made more sense than seeing Chief Woo's action. If this is really about police vs prosecutor, then he would be more benefited with Shin Jae-Young being sued. I guess we'll know more later. 

22 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I absolutely LOVE :heart:

Reveal hidden contents

the meeting between Yeo Jin and Mr Yoon at the prison.  Thank you writernim.  I myself have wondered about him after season 1 ended.  Like her, it touched me so to see him at peace and doing ok.  It’s a good case for taking accountability and using time to reflect on your crime.  Not only did it give me hope, this brought us back to the drowning kids’ case and ShiMok’s argument.  Good writing here.

Who sent him the package?  Anyone wants to guess?

Kim Jeong Bon! 

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Loved today's episode. Am completely on board now with S2. I was shocked seeing Shimok confronting people and his polite behavior is not something I can digest. Since I was rewatching S1 while waiting for today's episode, I realized ShiMok's change was triggered in S1 itself. He left SDJ to CP Kang's discretion, had he been like earlier he would have made sure that SDJ was dismissed from Prosecution service. He was inspired by LCJ and seeing him, he decided what kind of prosecutor he should be. When he saw that even LCJ fell into temptation, he concluded that nobody can be trusted. But in the end he found out the truth and remember he called him "Sunbaenim". Eunsoo's death caused him to outburst at her funeral. A person who doesn't have emotions can't do that. The speech he gave in the last episode of S1, repeating HYJ's words - "If a single person keeps their eyes open and point out the mistakes..", he is doing that. He is keeping his eyes open and confronting people now.

Now coming to today's episode. Shimok coming to Kang for help. He himself finding it surprising that he too could use his connections like this, when he himself never thought about it. Him wondering about the conversation in council meeting. If police had the rights to request warrant, would it have been issued by now? Though he was asking a favor with good intention but a still it is favor and if done, he has to return that and that becomes a cycle, a never ending one. Does that mean we can't ask for help even for good reasons? Loved the way it is depicted.

Yoon Se won's cameo was good. Wonder who sent him that package? Shimok?

• Like 7

Just watched the latest episode and whew, I'm feeling that rush from the first season now! 

Not to say I didn't feel it before. It has a slower start compared to the previous season, but you know, I want to give the writer full points for doing that. It's so radically different from the first season, I just know that many people are going to be like, "Didn't sign up for this! Give me my gruesome murder mystery."

I don't know if I'm in the minority or not, but I'm really digging the corruption angle this time. More than anything, because it feels so real and so much like the stuff I see on news everyday. It's the little corruptions which get us in the end - and they end with a police officer dead in a little station. I think it's fantastic. And now with the winds pushing YJ and SM to opposite sides of the fight, I think it's going to be even more heated. 

• Like 8

The patrol team was a bunch of scum. Sergeant Song's concern that police should not be like that. I was touched by that. The higher-ups can't go against people in power but can't stand when juniors report it. You really need to be courageous to do that. The junior officer who saw everything, didn't have the courage to report it because nobody would stand by him. On the other hand that Lee Dae Song wants recognition for refusing bribe as if that's something great. A police officer's duty is to look after common people.

I can't read into Choi Bit. She is definitely planning something. I am loving SDJ in this season. The conversation between him and Shimok, and the conversation between him, Shimok and HYJ was so fun to watch. I feel these three will uncover the truth instead of only HYJ and HSM.

And at last the "mouth from hell" Shimok making Woo Tae ha regret his decision of selecting him in his team was amazing.

Lastly they better give us the rooftop scene in tomorrow's episode. :triumph:

16 minutes ago, Runa Chatterjee said:

I don't know if I'm in the minority or not, but I'm really digging the corruption angle this time. More than anything, because it feels so real and so much like the stuff I see on news everyday. It's the little corruptions which get us in the end - and they end with a police officer dead in a little station. I think it's fantastic. And now with the winds pushing YJ and SM to opposite sides of the fight, I think it's going to be even more heated. 

Count me with you. I feel S2 is more tighter than S1. And I absolutely love how both the seasons are different but yet the essence remains the same

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Lastly they better give us the rooftop scene in tomorrow's episode. :triumph:

Yes rooftop scene pls! Sm and YJ need to regroup and share info and work things over tgt in the brilliant way they did in S1. 

I loved this ep! Loved all the SDJ SM YJ scenes for sure! And i loved how SM just stated his thoughts point blank to WTH that WTH must have had a role in covering up the corruption. I was hoping to see WTH get riled up or show a bit more emotions, but kinda just got quite a flat denial. Not sure if it is the way WTH's character is supposed to be?? I feel there is a lot underneath his exterior of chillness but it is just not showing now.

Loved how YJ made sure to call SM right after leaving as well. I feel like throughout this ep's incidents, i nv once felt SM-YJ to be on opposite sides coz i feel they are always aligned in principles and thinking (and i think they both know that abt each other too).

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I keep thinking who would have sent that pkg to Prosecutor Yoon!

- kim jong bon (no reason for him to not indicate his name)

-SM (doesnt seem like his style)

- Lee yeon jae ( perhaps she was showing care on behalf of her husband who was partly one of the driving forces behind Yoon)

- kang won cheol chief prosecutor

- park kyungwan (PMS's son)

Can I also say how much i love that SM and YJ do not withold any info from each other? Even when SDJ was wary of YJ and being very vague initially when questioning YJ's motives, once YJ gave SM a look, he immediately went ahead to say the prisoner just rejected their visit. And when SM asked YJ matter of factly how the visit went, she was very upfront as well.

• Like 5

Ep5 is really good, the best so far for season 2. The concept for season 2 is clear in this ep. I'm so excited.

And yah for cameo from Prosecutor Yoon, i like his character in season 1. Hope to see him more this season. And if there are season 3, i want him to become a regular character.

We know more about DJ's bg and DJ and SM are also a good duo. The ways DJ said to SM about YJ is funny.

• Like 6