[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

Bae Doona Shares Her Thoughts On How Things Will Be Different In Season 2 Of “Forest Of Secrets”

Jul 30, 2020

54df261d5e184fac8846703bf4fa84ea.jpeg?s=

Jul 30, 2020
by J. Lim

Bae Doona is gearing up to make her return as warm-hearted police officer Han Yeo Jin in the second season of tvN’s “Forest of Secrets.”

The second season will bring about the reunion of emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si Mok (played by Cho Seung Woo) and warm-hearted police officer Han Yeo Jin (played by Bae Doona). The two will be on opposite sides of a tense situation involving the police and the prosecutor’s office.

The new season will follow Han Yeo Jin as her job has shifted, and she is now doing administrative work at the main police headquarters. Bae Doona said she was slightly taken aback by the change at first and added, “It made me wonder how Han Yeo Jin is feeling, and whether she’s feeling lonely and worn out.” She added that she began to understand the motivations of her character as she read the script and explained, “I think during her work in the serious crimes unit, she must have seen the administrative problems that plagued the division and felt the desire to learn the ropes so she could better the system. Han Yeo Jin is in a different place, but she is there to learn, change, and grow.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1415880wpp/bae-doona-shares-her-thoughts-on-how-things-will-be-different-in-season-2-of-forest-of-secrets

by J. Lim

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm so excited to see a new side of HYJ! This is something I did not expect, especially since she truly wanted to stay in her division in first season. I can't wait to see her motivations behind it and just her growth as police officer and person. 

This is so cute :weary:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

I am SO SO SO SO SO READY for this!! :hooray2:

This will be my first K-Drama since Covid19 - have been suffering from K-drama fatigue since beginning of the year. And cannooot wait! 

This maybe an unpopular opinion. 

I prefer Bae Doona with her shorter hair though. She looks fresh in short hair.

But I guess she needs to keep her hair long for Kingdom. 

Also, comments: The last time I went to Soompi Forum was in early 2019. So many changes! Cool!

• Like 2

guys, we are TWO WEEKS away from premiere of second season :evilelmo:

EeV63y8U8AANkfg?format=jpg&name=900x900

this promo photo looks really cool! but i'm kinda sad bc premiere on netflix in my country is in october. i hope you guys won't have the same luck as me :tears:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 4

The happiest  things in this harsh  days 

I am so happy to see the teasers and know how much it going to be hard and crazy fight again 

And what more important  Can't  wait to see this two join hands again even when they  supposed to be in the middle  of fight  with each others  :love: 

They can have  so much to  think and worry  about but  to be see a silence  true is the most thing  that they cant handle  or agree on . and to be honest I am eagerly to see how this two going to progress with their weird but amazing partnership in every aspect 

One things to be sure about no matter how years was passed  and which sides they with now,  one things  I know that for sure that for  HSW , YJ is the only one that he can trust  completely and the only one that can really understand  his mind and she the unchangeable person  ( my hero she the heart of this drama) 

P.s. again can we have a background story about YJ please !!!! Her amazing character come from something  they  hints  for so much in season 1 that her character  has something more 

• Like 4

On 7/31/2020 at 9:49 AM, breadstal said:

I'm so sick of these short teasers :vicx: Come on, tvN, give us trailer!

Haha! We need more!!!!!!!!!:onfirex:

13 hours ago, nona88 said:

The happiest  things in this harsh  days 

I am so happy to see the teasers and know how much it going to be hard and crazy fight again 

And what more important  Can't  wait to see this two join hands again even when they  supposed to be in the middle  of fight  with each others  :love: 

They can have  so much to  think and worry  about but  to be see a silence  true is the most thing  that they cant handle  or agree on . and to be honest I am eagerly to see how this two going to progress with their weird but amazing partnership in every aspect 

One things to be sure about no matter how years was passed  and which sides they with now,  one things  I know that for sure that for  HSW , YJ is the only one that he can trust  completely and the only one that can really understand  his mind and she the unchangeable person  ( my hero she the heart of this drama) 

P.s. again can we have a background story about YJ please !!!! Her amazing character come from something  they  hints  for so much in season 1 that her character  has something more 

Totally agree.  Can't wait to see how their relationship will evolve and I want to learn more about YJ and her past

• Like 4

I just finished Season 1 of this on Netflix last week and I can't believe I've waited this long! Guess I'm just in time to watch the Season 2 premiere! I am so looooking forward to seeing the special investigation team folks again!! B)

:fiercebunny:

• Like 6

Jeon Hye Jin Explains How Her New Character Will Play A Pivotal Role In Season 2 Of “Forest Of Secrets”

587cce4d57a9442f9d7fb5a8e66157a1.jpeg?s=

Aug 3, 2020
by J. Lim

Jeon Hye Jin is set to join the second season of tvN’s “Forest of Secrets” as a new character, and she revealed what convinced her to join the show.

The second season will follow prosecutor Hwang Si Mok (Cho Seung Woo) and police officer Han Yeo Jin (Bae Doona) on opposite sides, locked in a tense confrontation between the prosecutor’s office and the police. Jeon Hye Jin will play Choi Bit, the first female head of intelligence at the National Police Agency. She explained, “Choi Bit refuses to back down to anyone when it comes to her job. She knows how to take responsibility for the tasks she must carry out, and she has a strong conviction. It couldn’t have been easy for a woman to reach the position she has, and I think she’s amazing. I want to applaud her.”

Jeon Hye Jin candidly confessed that she had initially hesitated to take on the role as it overlapped with her previous characters in some aspects. However, she made her decision after watching the first season. She said, “I really wanted to work with this cast and crew. If the last season was about the corruption of prosecutors and trying to change that, this season will be a power struggle between the prosecutor’s office and the police, so it’s going to be even more interesting.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1416742wpp/jeon-hye-jin-explains-how-her-new-character-will-play-a-pivotal-role-in-season-2-of-forest-of-secrets

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/03/bae-doo-na-and-jo-seung-woo-express-their-feelings-about-returning-with-stranger-2/
Bae Doo Na and Jo Seung Woo Express Their Feelings About Returning with ‘Stranger 2’

by krishkim

EE53E79A-B488-4C91-89C7-0F7B61BCBC07.jpg

Bae Doo Na and Jo Seung Woo shared what it feels like to return with Stranger 2.

Unlike the last season, where the two characters dug into the truth behind the prosecution’s sponsor murder case, Stranger 2 deals with the dispute between the prosecution and the police over investigative authority.

66F56B8B-C291-4198-8D67-367BC740D748.jpg
Credit: tvN

Han Yeo Jin, who eradicated absurdity with Hwang Shi Mok with a strong will not to compromise on injustice, will start with a new change of working on detached duty at the headquarter in Stranger 2.

Bae Doo Na said, “My beloved character Han Yeo Jin is still growing,” and expressed how she was a bit surprised when she learned that she was in charge of administrative affairs at the National Police Agency, not the Yongsan Police Station.

“When I read the script, I soon got to understand Han Yeo Jin. I think as much as the sense of accomplishment she felt while working in the violent crime squad in Yongsan, after witnessing the administrative drawbacks, she may have developed a desire to find out more deeply and improve them. Han Yeo Jin is in a strange place to see and learn more and to change, and she is growing that much,” she added.

Bae Doo Na also talked about the relationship between Han Yeo Jin and Hwang Shi Mok.

“To Han Yeo Jin, Hwang Shi Mok is the most fair, unbiased and not self-interested, and the best respectable partner. They are like the ‘island-like’ people in their fields, so more synergy is created when they work together.“

Regarding Jo Seung Woo, who plays Hwang Shi Mok, she said, “For me, Jo Seung Woo equals Hwang Shi Mok. He is still the best partner, and we will show you the partnership where we become rocks for each other.”

F79BDA6C-E3B0-4333-B490-65FC17102A40.jpg
Credit: tvN

Jo Seung Woo, who is returning as a solitary prosecutor Hwang Shi Mok, also expressed his joy.

“I’ve been waiting for it, and I’m glad the season 2 I wanted came true. When I first read the script for Stranger, I read only two episodes and decided to take on the role. This script was also fantastic. It’s refreshing to be able to come back.“

He also noted his relationship with Han Yeo Jin, who will find themselves on opposing sides.

“It was totally unexpected, so I was surprised once again by the script. It will be a key point to see what position Hwang Shi Mok, who makes no distinction between ‘being cool-hearted’ and ‘being warm-hearted,’ will choose in the center of the battle over investigative authority between the prosecutor’s office and the police,“ he said.

Jo Seung Woo also stressed, “The chemistry with Han Yeo Jin will still be the same,” asking the viewers to look forward to the upcoming drama.

Stranger 2 will be written by writer Lee Soo Yeon like the previous season and directed by Park Hyun Seok, best known for Uncontrollably Fond. It will premiere on August 15 as a follow-up of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.

Source (1, 2)

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Helena said:

Bae Doo Na also talked about the relationship between Han Yeo Jin and Hwang Shi Mok.

To Han Yeo Jin, Hwang Shi Mok is the most fair, unbiased and not self-interested, and the best respectable partner. They are like the ‘island-like’ people in their fields, so more synergy is created when they work together.“

Regarding Jo Seung Woo, who plays Hwang Shi Mok, she said, “For me, Jo Seung Woo equals Hwang Shi Mok. He is still the best partner, and we will show you the partnership where we become rocks for each other.”

My heart :tears: I can't wait for this duo's comeback :wub:

Cute fanarts!

• Like 6

new teaser! i think it's my favorite yet, we finally see our duo together! but the best moment was when YJ argued SM's point, I was like 'oh boy, here we go' :ph34r: their dynamic will be so interesting with them being on opposite sites but still having their own investigation. we're almost here guys!!

best partners :wub:

img.gif

Spoiler

• Like 5

Lee Joon Hyuk Shares His Thoughts On His Character’s Changes In Season 2 Of “Forest Of Secrets”

Aug 6, 2020
by L.Kim
2a8b22f75be7447092e962980190e0b7.jpeg?s=

Lee Joon Hyuk is gearing up to make his return as prosecutor Seo Dong Jae!

The second season will bring the reunion of emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si Mok (played by Cho Seung Woo) and warm-hearted police officer Han Yeo Jin (played by Bae Doona). The two will be on opposite sides of a tense situation involving the police and the prosecutor’s office.

Lee Joon Hyuk’s character Seo Dong Jae is a prosecutor who walks on the thin line between chasing success and having a conscience. In the first season, viewers were annoyed by his obnoxious character, but at the same time, they couldn’t really blame him for following his survival instincts.

Lee Joon Hyuk shared his own thoughts about his character, saying, “He tries so hard that he ends up making mistakes in the process, and that in turn makes him seem less perfect. From his point of view, his life could be a tragedy. But from afar, he’s more entertaining than annoying, and you can empathize with him. I think that’s what is charming about him. Two years have passed in the drama, and I think he has matured a bit.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1417456wpp/lee-joon-hyuk-shares-his-thoughts-on-his-characters-changes-in-season-2-of-forest-of-secrets

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1