[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

The Incorruptible Man Wants Nothing 

https://invisibledragon.home.blog/2020/10/01/the-incorruptible-man-wants-nothing/

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 8.08.41 PM

As a viewer, the most disquieting aspect of Forest of Secret’s first season back in 2017 was the growing realization that corruption isn’t caused by people being evil or venal or naturally avaricious. It’s caused by people having connections, relationships and obligations. It’s something that builds out of the normal interactions we have as human beings. It is thus human. We are all corruptible.

Lee Jun Hyuk thanks fans for worrying about Seo Dong Jae.  

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.32.40 PM

Spoiler

Get well soon so we can see your fine profile in another drama :hooray:

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.32.34 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.32.47 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.32.53 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.33.00 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.33.06 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.33.12 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.33.17 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.33.23 PM

Source

Yeo-Jin fighting!  You're the real superhero.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.31.58 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.31.51 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.35.23 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.34.44 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.36.15 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.36.28 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.31.23 PM

BTS shots...  It was so good to see them again.  What a good follow up given the pressure and expectation from season 1.  Such a happy cast.  Will miss them dearly.:heart1:

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.22.15 AMScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.21.07 AMScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.21.52 AMScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.22.25 AMScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.22.07 AMScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.21.59 AMScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.21.35 AMScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.20.59 AMScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.21.19 AM

BTS subbed

And to twist our mind even further... the obnoxious bully from Tongyeong case posed with E16 script. :crybaby:

Spoiler

%EC%9C%A01.jpg?type=w1200

The actor posed on his IG

118210303_295093308418476_26191222038406Source

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

And to twist our mind even further... the obnoxious bully from Tongyeong case posed with E16 script. 

I am leaving the analysis and theories to all of you chingus. I hope they give an explanation to the water bottles, lighter and everything. I am totally in for the last 2 episodes to surprise me.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

I am leaving the analysis and theories to all of you chingus. I hope they give an explanation to the water bottles, lighter and everything. I am totally in for the last 2 episodes to surprise me.

Same! I am particularly obsessed with the green lighter! 
Btw, look like WTH’s lighter didn’t work when he was visiting the crime scene but there were lot of cigarette butts on the ground though, likely mean nothing.  I am definitely overthinking. Sigh...

• Like 6

I went back to take a look at LCJ’s legacy.  His final words in that suicide note.  Because I think that’s the reason for the bloodied tie note.

His dying words to DJ after he jumped were  “You still have a chance, Dong-jae. Do not… follow my path,”. LCJ says this.

Spoiler

Lee Chang-joon: “We’ve already missed the time it could’ve been healed by normal means. I must not forbear any longer. I should not wait for someone else to clean up the filth in my place. If I wait and stay silent, this entire country will be covered in filth in no time. Now, I ought to open my mouth, point at those who have done wrong and reveal the secret behind the curtains that had been kept closed. I hope that this is the beginning.”

DJ I think tried hard to rehabilitate himself to some extent?  Dealing with juvenile crimes.  Many of us here felt a change in him this season.

I think KSH was the one to send the note and plant the false witness.  Certainly the note...not sure about the fake witness.  His motive?  I think has to do with LCJ’s legacy.  I think he feels that DJ’s attempt at rehabilitation (doing the dishes) was insufficient.  And “too late”.  He wasn’t happy that DJ seemed to be getting all the sympathy from the public when really he should’ve been paying for all his dirty wheeling and dealing in the past.  The effect of the letter was to force the Police and Prosecution to dig further back because it indicated a deep seated grudge.  This resulted in DJ’s past coming back to haunt him...which led to his reputation in the public eye being sullied.  I think there’s still a story to tell about his family.

I am not sure he leaked the information about a police officer being a main suspect though.  That may have been from JMH.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

31 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Hide contents

Lee Chang-joon: “We’ve already missed the time it could’ve been healed by normal means. I must not forbear any longer. I should not wait for someone else to clean up the filth in my place. If I wait and stay silent, this entire country will be covered in filth in no time. Now, I ought to open my mouth, point at those who have done wrong and reveal the secret behind the curtains that had been kept closed. I hope that this is the beginning.”

I think KSH was the one to send the note and plant the false witness.  Certainly the note...not sure about the fake witness.  His motive?  I think has to do with LCJ’s legacy.  I think he feels that DJ’s attempt at rehabilitation (doing the dishes) was insufficient.  And “too late”.  He wasn’t happy that DJ seemed to be getting all the sympathy from the public when really he should’ve been paying for all his dirty wheeling and dealing in the past.  The effect of the letter was to force the Police and Prosecution to dig further back because it indicated a deep seated grudge.  This resulted in DJ’s past coming back to haunt him...which led to his reputation in the public eye being sullied.  I think there’s still a story to tell about his family.

I am not sure about my theory but if like you said, it was done by someone who had grudges toward the prosecutor. Since they showed KSH family, the only thing I can come up is KSH might have a connection with the General commander in S1 who was humiliated due to DJ’s secretly recorded and revealed about him playing golf. I checked the General name is Kim Namjim, they share the same surname? If DJ had to pay for his wrongdoings in the past,  it’s one of them. 
I hope they give proper closure to the Segok case. Why  do I think the Ex Chief Police is the one who assault DJ still? We still don’t know why WTH hid the case file of this Anger Management guy. 

• Like 7

There was also this scene in ep 14 after SM reported about nabbing KHJ to WTH and KSH was in the room as well. The camera panned to KSH's face and he said something along the lines that "i didnt expect the culprit to be you (KHJ)". He had a very odd expression too. By right he wounldnt have known KHJ or the tongyeong case so why would he say something like that. Unless he had a hand in closing the tong yeong case with this mysterious prosecutor ryu that has not appeared. 

I rmb reading one of your theories that KSH is linked to prosecutor ryu and helped to close the assembly man's case. Im thinking this theory could be possible.

• Like 7

Finally week coming it just one day  to go and face the final week episodes  so my wishes  :

1. Finish it good, give us the answer  for everything :thumbsup: .

2. Let the final  week episodes be 1.5 hour ( okay we need time to not rush  everything here:please:

3  let our best partners be safe and and there for  each others  ( there going to be  a big heartbroken this week -  YJ  dear you the one i am worry about ) :heartbreak:

4. SDJ  okay be safe he was a live  but not in good condition  I hope he get better and less healthy  damage :dissapointed_relieved: ( his wife broke my heart with one scene-what a good actress)

5. Can I dreamily wish for some progress between  YJ  and SM  ( really the prosecutors and police  team all think something already between  this  two, so why not) :hypehype:

I know it hard not  cause just the writer  it cause what happened now and going  to happen  it really bad idea if this two together  since they need to be not in any relationship to prove what they going to face their bosses  for in public ( i know it stupid  but that reality  they need some honest and unrelated images ) 

Okay I change my mind it the writer fault  again she wrote  that situation :joy:  I don't I still can dream and wish she can fix it somehow ( I trust you here please :heartxoxo:

P.s. last question  do you think they have time for everything and time for SM  to go see him mother ??? 

• Like 4

Guys a little bit of info. According to the script where Shimok interrogates Kim Hu Jeong, CSW was supposed to shout at him at all the time. But CSW tweaked that a bit. Also, in S1, the writer wanted him to show tears after Eunsoo's death. At that time both Ahn Gil Ho and CSW said it was out of character for him to cry and they went with that water dripping from his fingers scene. 

I got this info from Twitter.  The actor who plays Kim Hu Jeong mentioned that while he went live in Instagram 

• Like 7

EVENT : Re-watch Party with the theme Revenge

Chingus, by popular demand we are bringing you a second season of re-watch parties. This time the theme is revenge! Yes, you heard it!

BPcT8.gif

The dramas chosen for this season are:

• Money Flower (2017)
  • Secret (Love) (2013)
  • The Innocent Man (2012)

For more information visit the event thread

re: @Lmangla

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2

On 9/29/2020 at 11:20 PM, pompyavi said:

The reason why I can't see prosecution orchestrating this alone is because they made sure the warrant won't be rejected. Also, the show is making us believe that it can be KSH, and I refuse to believe them:P. Last season they did fool me but not now.

HAHAHA.  This is a great reason for not believing KSH is involved. :lol:  

On 9/30/2020 at 5:26 AM, pompyavi said:

In my opinion characters were developed very nicely. Especially ShiMok's character. HYJ who used to be bold of everything now understands that in some situations she needs to be quiet for the sake of organization. Shimok has become little polite, Eunsoo's death really affected him. In S1, he mostly used to be cold towards everyone but here he is not. Him remembering about Eunsoo is a very big thing imo. YJ was little distant or rather I should say a little hesitant towards him because of the police-prosecution turf war but she realized he is the same, rational person. Tbh I was not expecting to see any character development for Shimok or I couldn't fathom how can his character develop. Lee Soo Yeon did a good job in that.

Totally agree with your and @Gummi's observations.  I really like how writer Lee shows the continuation in character development from one season to another.  We can see the aftermath of LCJ's death in those who know him.  Who Dong Jae became is a departure from the flashy prosecutor he once was.... the expensive clothes have been replaced by the one pair of shoes worn repeatedly.  The connections he made through LCJ are now gone.  The arrogant prosecutor who almost hurt a runaway, who used to patronize Yeo Jin and his junior prosecutor EunSoo have now learned a little bit of humility for the victims of crime.  Like Mr Yoon and Kim Su Hang, Dong Jae was affected by the death first hand;  we see him trying to change his ways to not end up like LCJ.  I don't think even Dong Jae is consciously aware that he now proudly carries the badge and work ethics of a prosecutor.  CP Kang made a wise decision to have Dong Jae make reparations for the abuse he dished out toward his juniors by handling the juvenile cases.

CP Kang who once prided himself on being objective and detached from office politics and corruption was swayed by emotions.  We saw how he was tempted to compromise his own ethics to protect his reputation.  It's humanly impossible to be your own island and be immune to the pressure of others.  It's hard to stand upright when many others said it's ok to bend once in a while. But Kang's saving grace was his promise to LCJ to mentor SM.  When he broke that restriction line, the person who firmly reprimanded him was no other than SM.  Their relationship was what SM misses from LCJ.  Kang helped to humanize corruption for SM in ways that he can understand - the hurdles, the temptations, the challenges that prosecutors face to abide by their code of conducts.   I wonder if this will make SM less "objective, rigid" but no less rational in his expectations and pursuit of justice.  The interpretation of the law should be practical and fair and humane.  Because of what he went through in season 2 (including the search for DJ, his reunion with Yeojin), SM discovers what  he has not understand before.  A better understanding of human behaviors and how relationships can actually matter more than he realized.  

10 hours ago, Gummi said:

By right he wounldnt have known KHJ or the tongyeong case so why would he say something like that. Unless he had a hand in closing the tong yeong case with this mysterious prosecutor ryu that has not appeared. 

I rmb reading one of your theories that KSH is linked to prosecutor ryu and helped to close the assembly man's case. Im thinking this theory could be possible.

We noticed that both KSH and Prosecutor Ryu are from Seongnam.  Ryu transferred out, the person who replaced him cleared Assembly Nam at the insistence of the Supreme Office.  Kang deduced WTH was behind the Supreme Office's move to help Nam with the understanding that he will have some leverage when the assemblyman takes a post at the Legislation Office.  I am unsure of how KSH got transferred out of his Criminal Division to the office where he is now.  Could most likely be with WTH's help which means KSH could very well be the prosecutor who cleared Nam.

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

P.s. last question  do you think they have time for everything and time for SM  to go see him mother ??? 

Absolutely!  It will be the highlight of his Seoul trip! 

Friends Love GIF by moonbug

• Like 5
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

We can see the aftermath of LCJ's death in those who know him.  Who Dong Jae became is a departure from the flashy prosecutor he once was.... the expensive clothes have been replaced by the one pair of shoes worn repeatedly.  The connections he made through LCJ are now gone.  The arrogant prosecutor who almost hurt a runaway, who used to patronize Yeo Jin and his junior prosecutor EunSoo have now learned a little bit of humility for the victims of crime.  Like Mr Yoon and Kim Su Hang, Dong Jae was affected by the death first hand;  we see him trying to change his ways to not end up like LCJ.  I don't think even Dong Jae is consciously aware that he now proudly carries the badge and work ethics of a prosecutor.  CP Kang made a wise decision to have Dong Jae make reparations for the abuse he dished out toward his juniors by handling the juvenile cases.

This makes my wish for S3 even more. I really would like to see how Lee Soo Yeon will develop Dong Jae after what he has gone through.

@bedifferent The Tonyeong  kid posing the ep 16 script indicates he has some scenes. Also, Dong Jae posed with ep16 script though his name was not their on that (many fans assumed that he will die from this pic) , from that am assuming we will see him but not many dialogues from him.

5342b28117f8f44ad77820b6f2c0c83a4f2a033c

• Like 4

18 hours ago, nrllee said:

I think KSH was the one to send the note and plant the false witness.  Certainly the note...not sure about the fake witness.  His motive?  I think has to do with LCJ’s legacy.  

I also believe the LCJ reference is not random!  KSH is trying to show the police is not qualified to have investigated rights, open and close cases.

I think one scenario could be:

KSH sent the note to create a sense of urgency for DJ's disappearance.  Before his note, the police was not sure if DJ's life was in danger.  The small pool of blood, no sign of struggle, the impression of a troubled marriage... nothing concrete except may be a missing person case.  It was not a homicide case yet, no motive, no suspect, no need for warrant.  The police was at stand still.   The bloody tie photo instantly turns the case into a possible homicide.  Choi Bit got involved and brought in the media.  Now, the case is widely publicized with the police leading the case at a time when they were fighting to get investigational rights.   KSH gave Choi Bit the scenario that she wants.

I don't know yet how he was able to get the watch/clock image on the note.   Maybe he took the photo at the house in the framed picture.  If KSH is indeed related to General Kim, maybe the woman in the picture has a clock whose face has the 3 star general emblems.  Perhaps those stars were of military and not police.

KSH's next step is to survey the scene and to further the story that DJ was kidnapped.  He contacted ex-trouble maker Gi-Hyeok to act as a false witness to report the kidnapped story, lending credibility to the torn bloody tie.  Gi-Hyeok naturally resents the police so when has to ID, from a line up, chose Baek because he was in full uniform. I don't think KSH intends for Baek to be the culprit.  KSH probably doesn't know who kidnapped Dong Jae.  He just used the situation and the false witness to show that the police doesn't have the capability to conduct a thorough and non bias investigation.  They err by believing a false witness or even worse, arrested the wrong person without going through the proper channel and, disregarded due process/human rights.  Remember, Baek was held against his will without access to counsel!

I'm not even sure if this makes any sense LOLLLL.  I do agree with those who said DJ's kidnapper is different than the person who sent the note. 

One more thing, did someone explain why Choi Bit needed to see Dong Jae's phone log the night he disappeared?  Is it to see if DJ contacted Kim Hu Jeong? Maybe she is involved with the kidnapping after all?

52 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

The Tonyeong  kid posing the ep 16 script indicates he has some scenes. Also, Dong Jae posed with ep16 script though his name was not their on that (many fans assumed that he will die from this pic) , from that am assuming we will see him but not many dialogues from him.

Really? Noooo.   The Tongyeong kid in E16 could probably close the circle for us allowing the drama to end where it started.  Dong Jae.  He dies?  Noooo.  That's a new tie and his face is not injured.  Could there be a time jump into 2020?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Really? Noooo.   The Tongyeong kid in E16 could probably close the circle for us allowing the drama to end where it started.  Dong Jae.  He dies?  Noooo.  That's a new tie and his face is not injured.  Could there be a time jump into 2020?

No @bedifferent he won't die. From ep 2 itself fans started speculating who would die in this season. They came up with two characters one is Dong jae and other is Jang Geon. After that they found about this pic, and started speculating that he would die which we were all thinking till ep 14. Dong jae is very much alive, but he has to live with the traumas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@pompyavi oh ok, I remember seeing Dong Jae in a brown suit which hasn't surfaced yet.  Also the BTS where he was inside car while Yeojin in a long coat standing besides car.

BTW, can the moderator post the results of the poll for the sender of the care package to Mr Yoon?  Was our first poll.  Thank you!

We need the answer to the package too!  My vote is CP Kang.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

KSH sent the note to create a sense of urgency for DJ's disappearance.  Before his note, the police was not sure if DJ's life was in danger.  The small pool of blood, no sign of struggle, the impression of a troubled marriage... nothing concrete except may be a missing person case.  It was not a homicide case yet, no motive, no suspect, no need for warrant.  The police was at stand still.   The bloody tie photo instantly turns the case into a possible homicide.  Choi Bit got involved and brought in the media.  Now, the case is widely publicized with the police leading the case at a time when they were fighting to get investigational rights.   KSH gave Choi Bit the scenario that she wants.

Plausible.  But I think KSH didn’t like it that DJ’s status was elevated (he was a victim) in the eyes of the public.  When the video of the wife came out, he was suddenly in the limelight and everyone felt for his plight?  The bloodied tie note with the cryptic words forced the investigation further back than just the Segok Police.  It caused the public to turn against DJ when all the dirt about his past was dug up.  KSH made sure the Police watch was in there though.  He reminded SM about it.  SM gave him a strange look when he mentioned it in passing.  I think he was wondering how he knew about it.  It was not publicised?

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

One more thing, did someone explain why Choi Bit needed to see Dong Jae's phone log the night he disappeared?  Is it to see if DJ contacted Kim Hu Jeong? Maybe she is involved with the kidnapping after all?

I think that was when it tweaked for her that he was being bullied.  She was checking to see if he contacted the Traffic Captain related to the PGS case.  She probably picked up the TongYeong phone number then  (YJ didn’t follow through with the fact that the boy couldn’t have bought those shoes on his own).   That happened in Ep7.  That’s why at the end of Ep7 we see her visit the boy’s studio and brought water.  Before DJ woke up and moved out of the cupboard.  The second person to find him who was kicked was KHJ who proceeded to beat him up.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

30 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I think he was wondering how he knew about it.  It was not publicised?

Yes the police team did not inform prosecution about it and Yeo jin just showed Shimok. And I checked there wasn't any scene Shimok disclosing that information to Woo or KSH. So, yes KSH is behind the fake photo and fake witness. 

30 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I think that was when it tweaked for her that he was being bullied.  She was checking to see if he contacted the Traffic Captain related to the PGS case.  She probably picked up the TongYeong phone number then  (YJ didn’t follow through with the fact that the boy couldn’t have bought those shoes on his own).   That happened in Ep7.  That’s why at the end of Ep7 we see her visit the boy’s studio and brought water.  Before DJ woke up and moved out of the cupboard.  The second person to find him who was kicked was KHJ who proceeded to beat him up.

If it was Choi Bit, why would she want him to stay kidnapped? Dong Jae didn't get any solid clue or lead against her in PGS case. And yeah I am leaning on this theory because if she is the one who dropped the lighter while checking on whether he is alive or not then her saying to Yeojin that he has died make sense.

@nrllee, @bedifferent were you guys detective or prosecutor in your past lives?

• Like 1