[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

Jeon Hye Jin Joins Bae Doona, Cho Seung Woo, Lee Joon Hyuk, And More In Season 2 Of “Forest Of Secrets”

Jan 13, 2020
by S. Park

aa213dd98af4414ca00016bd5d6d97fb.jpeg?s=

Jeon Hye Jin has been confirmed for season two of tvN’s “Forest of Secrets”!

On January 13, a source from tvN told CBS No Cut News, “It’s true that Jeon Hye Jin was cast.” Her agency, HODU & U Entertainment, also confirmed, “It’s true that actress Jeon Hye Jin is appearing in ‘Forest of Secrets’ season two. However, it would difficult to reveal her character.”

“Forest of Secrets” season two is the sequel to the 2017 tvN series, and it will be penned by writer Lee Soo Yeon who wrote the script for the first season. The directing will be changed from producing director (PD) Ahn Kil Ho to PD Park Hyun Suk whose past works include “Just Dance,” “Uncontrollably Fond,” and “The Princess’s Man.”

Other cast members include Cho Seung Woo who appears as emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si Mok and Bae Doona as warm-hearted police officer Han Yeo Jin, in addition to Yoon Se Ah, Lee Joon Hyuk, and Choi Moo Sung.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1376715wpp/jeon-hye-jin-joins-bae-doona-cho-seung-woo-lee-joon-hyuk-and-more-in-season-2-of-forest-of-secrets

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

@bedifferent Yes Misty! Imagine if she gets to channel an ambitious character a la Go Hyran this time around :D it's so good to hear husband and wife are supportive of each's careers. 

Re the scene you mentioned, I have a different interpretation. I dont believe shimok was imparting wisdom, rather, it shows the two beginning to build trust, and it's a rare instance of shimok speaking his mind in a way that reveals his character. He sees himself purely as a bringer of facts, and doesnt factor human emotions into play; whereas yeojin does consider how people would be affected once certain facts come to light. In this regard, they are each's foils. Yeojin was concerned about how the reveal would shake up the police and prosecutor office, however, given her strong ethics, there was never a doubt she would whistleblow! ;) Also, iirc she's new to the homicide division, but not new to the force. She does tend to linger on certain things, have some cryptic monologues and give impassioned speeches, which hint a troubled/tragic backstory.

What I loved best about the duo is the natural progression of their relationship. How two fully developed mature upright people found each other in a sea of distrust and joined forces to expose systematic corruption. How the trust they built in their work relationship leaked into their personal lives and turned into a budding friendship :)

Complete aside... Waah was it necessary for bae doona to chop her hair for the role?!

• Like 7
  • Love 3

• 3 weeks later...

Cast support for Cho SeungWoo and his last hurrah as Sweeney Todd... Yoon SeAh (Credit her Instagram).  

Totally off topic but every time that Forest drama gets news I keep thinking it’s an update about Forest of Secrets. :lol:.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, triplem said:

Apparently this is LJH filming , though I really can’t tell

[edited after checking] The tweet from the same Japanese fan in your post thinks it's "Je Un" - Choi Jae Woong from the way he walks? Whoever it is, it's all good, pumped for the series :D 

@choooooaaaaa

この歩き方とフォルムでジェウンさんって分かる私 またスンウさんと共演するんですねㅠㅠ 同級生コンビ早く見たい #비밀의숲2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Yes it’s confirmed.  They are filming now.  Should be finished by release date in July this year.

OMG thanks 

Oh I should regret giving up 

They coming my favourite  cast and my favorite  drama  

I am really happy that the two lead  coming back :bawling:   it took so long but they coming back 

Cant wait to see more of their story  

I will be asking so much I did want the same pd  too but you cant have everything  

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

• 2 months later...

Okay some updates .. they are already filming eps 9-12 . Just realised this drama is produced by Ace Factory which is Lee Joon Hyuk’s agency 

Spoiler

Bae Doona  ( has long hair in this season :D) & Jeon Hye Jin spotted filming 

Spoiler

They celebrated CSW’s birthday last month 

Spoiler

Because I adore Lee Joon Hyuk . He’s already filming ( he’s been filming for 365 Repeat The Year concurrently) . Smarmy but still handsome :lol::wub:

Edited by Guest

On 4/22/2020 at 9:24 PM, maddymappo said:

Wondering if it will be on NetFlix again?  I heard it will broadcast in September. ❓

:mask: Stay well - Stay home and watch k-dramas!

Edit: @keyta posted the source article earlier (see pg 2)

What's On Netflix indicates yes:

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/k-dramas-coming-to-netflix-in-2020/

Though I think the date of July has been superseded. 

Generally prospects are great because of the strategic deal Netflix inked with CJ E&M and its subsidiary Studio Dragon. Studio Dragon is the planner for SF2 and Ace Factory the production house. 

I invite knowledgeable veterans on the board to add on/correct the info... 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Well i'm not a veteran, bt here the rumored schedule (비밀의숲시2 in mid (15) august on tvn )

EWXXDf1VAAEBI33?format=jpg&name=large

but i repeat, for now it's just a rumor. For example here - https://namu.wiki/w/비밀의 숲 2 - it's just 2020 (Saturday, Sunday) without specific date. But it seems 'Sea Of Silence' with Bae DooNa will begin shooting in august, so there's that.

Anyway -

Kingdom pd-nim, Kim SungHoon sent a coffee truck to "Stranger Season 2" filming set to support Bae Doona.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AC95 said:

Edit: @keyta posted the source article earlier (see pg 2)

What's On Netflix indicates yes:

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/k-dramas-coming-to-netflix-in-2020/

Though I think the date of July has been superseded. 

Generally prospects are great because of the strategic deal Netflix inked with CJ E&M and its subsidiary Studio Dragon. Studio Dragon is the planner for SF2 and Ace Factory the production house. 

I invite knowledgeable veterans on the board to add on/correct the info... 

Thanks @keyta and @AC95  - Something to look forward to and on Netlfix makes it easy for me. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

• 2 weeks later...

August seems so far away right now.  I wished this would have come out in late May.  August puts it at the same time as me going back to classes for the Fall semester.  Oh well, I will need to figure it out because I am not missing this series.  Season 1 was so good.  :D

• Like 4
  • Love 1