[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

Okay when I post this photo last week I  was focusing on theirs cuteness  off screen  

833097_557785_731.jpg 

But now I have to ask:  isnt  this photo at LYJ  house??? ( the stairs  and flowers) Why the prosecutor and the whole police  team at LYJ  house ???? 

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@pompyavi @nrllee @AC95 @taeunfighting okaayyy.... could explain why we see SDJ working on a bullying case after he searched more about the Tongyeong case.  He's too busy to take on small cases and shown to be personally affected.

The shoes were spanking new.  Those pictures were taken at a food court/mall.  What if the survivor in the middle was being bullied by his "friend" to buy him those shoes the same day?  His pose show how "grateful" he was.  You do have a point, the survivor could be more worried that the couple witnessed what happened.  

If we tie the survivor circumstances to the note.  It may mean he is facing the guilt of that night late.  I don't know why DJ was being scapegoated.  Unless the survivor is not telling the truth about his conversations with SDJ and the kidnapping is his failed attempt, unintentionally compounded his crimes even more.  It's still difficult for me to reconcile the hatred and violence of the perpetrator toward SDJ.  This has the underlining tone of Crime and Punishment where a crime was committed to achieve a personal goal.  He believes he is the victim of his circumstances (the bullying).  His actions (that night) are justified but the unplanned kidnapped of Dong Jae has forced him to reevaluate his rationale and actiions

All that just fit , i agree with all what your write ( and everyone thoughts too)about this case the shoes , the behavior  and everything about it is just fishy  to me too 

we all  didnt like this case from the start and know it was closed fast then it should and believed  something  not right in the whole story, we know that it will come back to hunt them at some point even if it not related  to SDJ  kidnapping,   it will come back with some hidden  true to teach how silence  on things you think that they are  so small and it okay but still they will  cause big harm too 

14 minutes ago, larus said:

So many suspects. I personally don`t suspect a woman but who knows. I will stop guessing who is the culprit and see what other informations we`ll get.

Yeh I agree right now there nothing  to help on the suspect's  list ( to  much big one :joy:) I am going to wait  for this week to see if her will get more information  too 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 9

41 minutes ago, larus said:

So many suspects. I personally don`t suspect a woman but who knows. I will stop guessing who is the culprit and see what other informations we`ll get.

Yup let's wait for the coming episodes and see whether we'll get to see SDJ or not. By the way, I didn't visit this thread in between so could have missed it, but we did see a handcuffed person getting hit by an folding char seemingly on the head or face region. This, I think happened when SM and Yeo Jin were interrogating that Police chief who was demoted. 

What are the chances that the person hit was SDJ, and what are the chances that we'll not see him alive? Plus if he really did get hit like that, it must be someone having grudge against him or wanting to have him silent. Like someone from that band of police officers who were involved in that cop's suicide. If it was done by the boy, chances are he did it as frustration from the system and wants them to re-investigate the case. But then he would not actually harm SDJ. If the person harmed is really SDJ, then I think someone else is behind it. I am guessing it to be one of the police officers. But this guy SDJ, he was so nosy that many people would have something against him and want him gone. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

What are the chances that the person hit was SDJ, and what are the chances that we'll not see him alive?

The chances are pretty high. He was hit by a crowbar or some metal object when he was tied to his hands and feet. Someone gave him water (put the water in his vicinity) and then somebody else (I assume) came with the weapon to hit him. Why hit a person who was tied? He wanted to kill him? I believe that he was hit with the brick and kidnapped and that was not a premeditated plan. Now he is a liability?

I am afraid he is dead. Last season it was a shock that Eun-Soo died. If Dong-Jae had been killed then I would not have been impressed but now i care about him. I was afraid that someone from the police will die this season, like Jang Gun but I have not suspected that something bad will happen to Dong Jae. Let hope that the kidnapper wants something from him and he did not die. But...

• Like 9

1 minute ago, larus said:

The chances are pretty high. He was hit by a crowbar or some metal object when he was tied to his hands and feet. Someone gave him water (put the water in his vicinity) and then somebody else (I assume) came with the weapon to hit him. Why hit a person who was tied? He wanted to kill him? I believe that he was hit with the brick and kidnapped and that was not a premeditated plan. Now he is a liability?

I am afraid he is dead. Last season it was a shock that Eun-Soo died. If Dong-Jae had been killed then I would not have been impressed but now i care about him. I was afraid that someone from the police will die this season, like Jang Gun but I have not suspected that something bad will happen to Dong Jae. Let hope that the kidnapper wants something from him and he did not die. But...

I did not suspect SDJ getting killed in this season either. This guy to me has got some amazing survival skills, but even I am afraid that what they'll get is his body. Eun Soo's death had really hit me hard so did to Shi Mok and everyone else. 

We know what kind of person SDJ is, so chances are that he got hit because he provoked them, or yes they saw him as a liability. 

As for the person dying, I dunno I mentioned it before or not, but I was suspecting that Jang Gun would be the one to die. He has been a bit too much attention right now. Plus his family and kids were being mentioned too. So death flags on him were much higher than SDJ. I did suspect though that SDJ will face trouble, but at a level like this. 

So let's hope SDJ survives and so does Jang Gun. I really like that cop.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

So let's hope SDJ survives and so does Jang Gun. I really like that cop.

Yes, I want both to be alive in the end. But the writer knows very well how to write a good story. if a death is needed for her story she won`t hesitate. I like that but I can`t help wanting a good ending for characters I like.

Another thing...

tumblr_oskwnbhe2S1rwtf0bo2_500.gif

I want to see Shi Mk smiling in season 2 as well. Please!

• Like 9
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, larus said:

Yes, I want both to be alive in the end. But the writer knows very well how to write a good story. if a death is needed for her story she won`t hesitate. I like that but I can`t help wanting a good ending for characters I like.

Another thing...

Yeh I know when you love the writer  courage  and having a good story as number  one in her interest,   but in the same time she make you so fearful of what she can do if it neccessary  ( really I didnt even imaging to see YJ  like this in season 2 but I had to remember  what of kind of writer  we dealing with, 3 years just make me forgetting the painful  parts but she make sure from the first few episodes  to make us remember) 

And she even make us care about SDJ  , see him as human and fixed our attitude  toward  him just to make us go through  the pain of him being in danger :unamused:love her style  but she really make me fearfully behind words

29 minutes ago, larus said:

I want to see Shi Mk smiling in season 2 as well. Please

Yes that smile please :heart: and keep them a live too ( talking about fear- I dont dare to be at peace  that this writer  will not harm the mean leads :fearful:

• Like 8

Hypothesis - survivor boy was the one being bullied.  By the 2 boys.  He looks like a victim in the pics.  He may have even been bullied to buy the shoes for his friend?  I think he was there at the beach.  He harboured resentment for bullies.  He didn’t like being bullied by the rich guy and Lawyer Oh.  So when DJ appeared out of the blue pestering him again it just brought all that back.  Bully boy questioned by DJ at the office sounds like someone who couldn’t stand how society was treating him. Resentful, anti establishment.  He’s in high school.  Survivor boy is a College student.  Not sure what the link is. It’s just the focus on shoes that has me thinking they are.  They may not be at all and the case just there as a trigger for DJ and he put all the pieces together with the Tongyeong case and confronted survivor boy. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

On 9/4/2020 at 11:17 PM, chickfactor said:

:lol: :heart:

I really do worry about Shi-Mok's meals. I still remember how he picked up a snack at a rest stop and had to reluctantly put it down when Woo Tae-Ha called and ordered him to get to the Supreme Prosecutors' Office ASAP. (Just eat it before you go, Shi-Mok!)

And then he had to leave while eating with Yeo-Jin.

He also didn't like the fancy food he had with Sa-Hyeon (who sucks by the way) and Tae-Ha.

And then the bad pastry he ate with a grimace while eating with Dong-Jae.

Shi-Mok is the anti-mukbang.

I hope that Shi-Mok and Yeo-Jin get to eat a dinner together, alone, without everyone interrupting them. The food looks great, even the snacks they had at the rest stop or the convenience store. I believe Shi-Mok likes to eat, but with the right people and the right food, such as he was going to have a nice dinner with Yeo-Jin. 

9 hours ago, larus said:

Another thing...

I want to see Shi Mk smiling in season 2 as well. Please!

I believe that Shi-Mok will be smiling when he has a good meal with Yeo-Jin. She makes him smile. I am enjoying the drama so far, but will love to see these two together. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6

Could the two boys who drowned at tongyeong witness something? And thats how relatively poor/not so well to do boys manage to get such expensive shoes, and car(which i recall someone's "father" bought for them). So the drowning was staged to kill them? And the survivor boy knew what was going on but stayed silent (so while he didnt kill them, he was a silent accomplice?)

Not sure if this is too far fetched haha

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, larus said:

I did not remember very well but the rich couple did not even offer him money. They were surprised how easy it was for them to deal with the survivor. He was offended somehow about the discussion. ( maybe he did not like the rich couple, what they represent). He said something that did not match with the story and they asked : "So you did not see us, right?" The boy looked like he agrees to tell their story but that was not to give them a favor. I sensed that he felt guilty about something. Like he has to be silent about the event.  He left before they could even offer him the money. That`s how I remember. It will be nice if you will watch again and tells us if there is some other informations.

I didn't rewatch this scene yet, but based on what I remember, the rich guy and his lawyer basically threatened him - accusing him of being complicit in the deaths. E.g., "How could you be so drunk that you didn't notice your friends were gone? Why didn't you stop them or look for them earlier?" And basically, we are rich and powerful and you are not, so you will lose, so you better keep your mouth shut - that's the vibe I remember. The survivor walked out angry, but saying that he understood the situation.

Which doesn't explain why he talked to Dong-Jae and told him quite a lot of information. So I'll just have to rewatch. :lol:

• Like 6

12 hours ago, pompyavi said:

The other two detectives who were left out of the council meeting. They are also in my radar. So basically I am doubting everyone apart from our duo.

The reason for suspecting them is this scene:

Hahaha I feel you. I guess suspecting everyone is a testament to how unpredictable the writer is. Though the scene you mention is worth noting. Their behaviour was a bit odd. I bet there is something that these two have been plotting- maybe not related to the kidnapping directly- but something for sure that will be revealed in due course. Maybe eventually Detective Gun will be onto them and thats how he could be harmed like some of you are predicting.

Ultimately I hope that the writer is able to suprise and satisfy us just as she did with season 1- no matter the sacrifices it takes.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

No. Not Jang Gun too! 

Lee Joon Hyuk was able to film S2 concurrently with 365Days.  Let’s hope it’s not a telltale sign of how much time SDJ has.

True that!! Let's hope it was coz he was "kidnapped" for a few eps while our Sm YJ duo work tgt to solve the cases and find the missing links. Ir perhaps he will reappear and be in the hospital in "critical condition". Nevertheless, pls let SDJ live! 

Nv thought i will like his character that much but i really love how they fleshed out his character during this season. While he is still ambitious and weaselly in some ways, you could see the human behind his snarky mask.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@pompyavi @nrllee @AC95 @taeunfighting okaayyy.... could explain why we see SDJ working on a bullying case after he searched more about the Tongyeong case.  He's too busy to take on small cases and shown to be personally affected.

The shoes were spanking new.  Those pictures were taken at a food court/mall.  What if the survivor in the middle was being bullied by his "friend" to buy him those shoes the same day?  His pose show how "grateful" he was.  You do have a point, the survivor could be more worried that the couple witnessed what happened.  

If we tie the survivor circumstances to the note.  It may mean he is facing the guilt of that night late.  I don't know why DJ was being scapegoated.  Unless the survivor is not telling the truth about his conversations with SDJ and the kidnapping is his failed attempt, unintentionally compounded his crimes even more.  It's still difficult for me to reconcile the hatred and violence of the perpetrator toward SDJ.  This has the underlining tone of Crime and Punishment where a crime was committed to achieve a personal goal.  He believes he is the victim of his circumstances (the bullying).  His actions (that night) are justified but the unplanned kidnapped of Dong Jae has forced him to reevaluate his rationale and actiion.

Like your take on the drowning case. I think the survivor might be bullied by the others two. ‘Washed dishes’ can be understood as cleaning a mess or literally mean he had to clean dishes in a restaurant to pay for expensive shoes for the other two? ‘too late’ he got there too late or he saw what happened but didn’t do anything to help his friends hence the guilt. 
Like reading everyone theories even though it makes my list of suspects longer. 
It is a lot harder to pick a suspect this season than S1 due to its complexity. 

• Like 7

Bravo everyone, so much thorough analysis :thumbsup: And thanks much for the pings @bedifferent and @taeunfighting - I've neglected this thread badly!

Just a meta-thought over all these intriguing theories and observations. Relating also to what @farawayland mentioned on the complexity of S2.

I feel that Stranger 2 inherits as much from Life as it does from Stranger Season 1. When the writer wrote Life, it was clear she wanted to throw a spotlight on mundane issues with Korean society and the healthcare system. She skilfully made some of the issues look like massive conspiracies (murder, money-laundering...), but for some cases there were very ordinary explanations... although no less internally consistent and thought-provoking. With respect to the writer's liking for realism, perhaps amongst some of the Big Scandals and Major Plot Threads, there will also be some cases that don't tie in and are precisely part of the fog that common public servants have to wrestle with. Petty corruption, old school ties, inefficiencies in procedure, and cases that remain unsolved because of negligence and lack of professionalism. Things that really ought to be improved in our world, but require the kind of everyday dedication of legal/justice officers that isn't glamorous.

The writer's other theme that I think will recur in Stranger 2 is the idea of 'piggy-backing'. People manipulating smaller actors through their grudges/weaknesses. It may be that JMH or even SDJ's wife fall into this category, as well as CB and WTH on some level. 

Still, this whole SDJ business is pretty nail-biting *cold sweat* ... I'm leaning to the theories on the thread tying him to Hanjo's LSJ (or one of his underlings).

Roll on next episode, and thanks again for excellent posts, All. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Hi guys, I'm new here, hope you'll welcome me.
I needed place to talk about this season, because as you probably know, waiting for another episode is one of hardest things to do, and knowing that you are not alone waiting, make things easier.
So this is my short recap about this season and recent episodes:
Finally!
That's what I've been waiting for. That tension. Twists. Faster pace. This is the ,,no-nonsense" Shi Mok I loved in 1st season. 
I was a bit nervous watching s2 because you could feel tension between Shi Mok and Yeo Jin. I'm glad Shi Mok encourages her not to forget her ,,true self". She is detective. She wants to help and save people. She needs to be in action, not to sit in front of a table.
It's obvious that Shi Mok is worried about Dong Jae - his emotions are suppressed and all his worrying, stress, fear that is inside him explodes and causes headache.
I'm really looking forward to new episodes. I hope Dong Jae will survive.
I need just one more thing in this season. A scene where we can actually see Shi Mok relaxed, comfortable and of course, finishing his food. Where Yeo Jin also is not stressed and at peace. Happy with her choices.

vEzXJKA.jpeg

• Like 7