[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

31 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

This is the weakest link for me.  Why and how does DJ connect the Tongyeong case to all the others.  Even ShiMok and YeoJin not making the connection yet.   If you ask me, this is not the same Dong Jae in season 1.  The one we knew is neither courageous or altruistic, to pursue justice for the dead boys or Capt Song.  This is why his disappearance is puzzling for me, it's out of his character to risk his neck for another person.

Exactly Bee. Dong Jae we know never cared for the truth, he dug up those cases not because he wanted to highlight the truth but to use those for his desire to work in SPO. Am also puzzled why did he call that Tongyeong survivor the day he went missing. Earlier he called him and the other victim's parents to squeeze information if CB has manipulated them to give a wrong impression of the prosecution and to convince them that prosecution is not at fault. But again why did he call him on that day.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Exactly Bee. Dong Jae we know never cared for the truth, he dug up those cases not because he wanted to highlight the truth but to use those for his desire to work in SPO. Am also puzzled why did he call that Tongyeong survivor the day he went missing. Earlier he called him and the other victim's parents to squeeze information if CB has manipulated them to give a wrong impression of the prosecution and to convince them that prosecution is not at fault. But again why did he call him on that day.

We don’t really know what is the conversation between DJ and the Tongeong student about. We only got the student’s words and what he told the police about DJ telling him about CB. He is likely making it up to hide his motive.
DJ does not care much about the truth but he is on the prosecutor’s side and always want to defend them for his own interest. He could earn some brownie points with Tae-ha if he thinks he got some dirts on Chobit. He doesn’t know about CB-TH connection.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Am also puzzled why did he call that Tongyeong survivor the day he went missing.

Unless the TongYeong survivor is somehow linked to bully boy... I went to take a look at the pics uploaded by one of the dead boys (the one with the shoes.  sent to his dad’s phone), am I wrong or does the survivor boy look like he’s not exactly enjoying himself?  He’s not smiling or goofing around in any of the shots?  He’s the one in the middle.  This was before the drowning incident so they should be having a “good time”?

0-B35443-C-1-CFB-4-B7-A-BE44-ECF73-FE352

FB87-D304-F252-485-B-B5-E6-7-A705-F34069

F5-A7-B8-B2-E1-AF-449-C-B83-D-9-E1332-F2

When I read the note with the bloodied tie... my interpretation (I could be wrong) is that it sounded like DJ was trying to make amends for what he did wrong in the past?  Or it was a more general note/warning (and DJ was just an example to them all) to all the people (police and prosecutors) who did wrong...

I did the dishes... as in I tried to wash up and clean up the dirt from my past (do the right thing to make up for it)

But the kidnapper thought it was “Too late” and he had to pay for his wrongs...:(  That it was judgement time for all those who had been dirty in the past.  

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

6 hours ago, penelop3 said:

I don't understand this message. 

If connecting this with the deleted post (people like you who don't have conscience) - does it mean, he's thinking of cleaning up the 'people with no conscience'? But it's past tense - so is SDJ alive or barely alive and he's expecting him to die? That's why he said 'too late'? 

Or does wash the dishes have a different meaning in Korean language?

Geez.. this is frustrating. Language barrier. :blink:

As someone who speaks Korean - this is very cryptic, and I think it's meant that way.

My interpretation is - that s/he is saying, "I took out the trash (washed dishes)." By silencing Dong-Jae, he is cleaning up a mess.

"Too late" - my initial interpretation is that he is too late, and he should have "cleaned up" this mess before.

But it can just as well mean "too late" Dong-Jae is already dead.

I guess we will find out this weekend.

Here's to hoping that Yeo-Jin and Shi-Mok sit down to a nice meal and bounce ideas off each other about what this could possibly mean. (Oh, they won't be eating. Their friend is bleeding!)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

Unless the TongYeong survivor is somehow linked to bully boy... I went to take a look at the pics uploaded by one of the dead boys (the one with the shoes.  sent to his dad’s phone), am I wrong or does the survivor boy look like he’s not exactly enjoying himself?  He’s not smiling or goofing around in any of the shots?  He’s the one in the middle.  This was before the drowning incident so they should be having a “good time”?

That maybe a good point let think about it the day he was going to talk with bullying boy it the same day he back to watch the video of Choi maybe to see the photo again  

What if he notice that too since he deal with many cases like this now ( as his  assistant  said ) ' the boy was being forced 

He notice that before and he was trying to search for it , and the day of his disappear  he go to confirm  the boy , not thinking he a killer  but thinking  that if he was really bullied and that change the whole pity story the police use for the drawing kids and prove that  they also didnt do a good job before it was transferred  to the prosecutor office  

We suspect the survivor boy from the start his behavior  on the beach wasnt even worrying or feeling guilty more then fearing  and even when he talk to the rich couple  he was worry about what they saw more then  angry from what they did to his friends 

He use those words " if I saw them then that mean they  saw me too"   but why using this words to answer the question  if he saw them there it like he was claiming himself  and then he leave , he was okay confirming  that they know nothing more then what they did 

4 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Still unexplainable. How does the survivor own that new car?  The boy earned money from some side job to buy those expensive shoes.  What is the story behind it?

That what I mean o write before understanding  Korea social  life between  a guy who has problem  to buy a shoes and live in that of house and  guy who get a new car just for being acceptable  on the university  is a high social gap  and being friend since elementary  school dont make since to me ( sorry Korea social  not that rosy ) there something  also between  this three I dont know if it just forced  friendship  or the rich boy maybe he was the one who used them  for something but all his behavior  is not right to me ( okay I am not  feeling right here not believing  in pure friendship  sorry watching to much Korean heavy dramas   lately has affect  me:bawling:

6 hours ago, penelop3 said:

SDJ only works on several cases in the last few months: Segok case, enquire on Namyajung case, 'harassed the victims' at Tongyeong case, and Hanjoo (did I miss anything? :o)

Out of those cases that SDJ is working on, only 2 can motivate the culprit to write the message: Segok and Tongyeong. Segok if we're looking at the 6 police's pov - SDJ is digging up old case thus invading their sense of security, or Tongyeong - SDJ as prosecutor yet trying to shift the blame on police / Choi Bit - maybe he sympathise with Choi Bit's effort to highlight the case to the public. 

Dear he working in many others official cases  as prosecutor that we still dont know about  look at the  many files on table  that SM  has to go through  it later 

The proplem  while investigating  SDJ  that the man over the place, really official  or not official  he the kind who put his nose and try to benefit  from everything  :unamused:good luck digging all his possible enemies :joy:

You know what the problem  and the good chance too, Choi  at some point will try to use the founding  of SDJ  dirty or unofficial works against the prosecutors  in the media  war and that will be horrible  but it s chance for YJ  to break totally from that prison   no matter  how much she silence  before she cant be with them on that matter 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 3

So I am trying to get a handle on Kim SaHyun and what his deal is.  During his dinner with SM and WTH in Ep3 (as he and WTH get drinking), he says this

KSH - Luck is obviously not on my side.  Had I served as an expert member, I would’ve been able to transfer to the Central District Prosecution Office.  That would’ve been amazing!   Why get rid of it when it was my turn to be sent to the National Assembly?  Everyone got promoted.  Why rob me of the opportunity? 
WTH - who knows? They might give you special treatment to make up for it.  Just do a good job with this. 
KSH - I always do a good job. Do I ever do a bad job? 
WTH - this time you must do especially well.  Our lives are on the line. 

I don’t know what “expert member” means?  But it sounds like he begrudges that’s he missed out  on getting a position in the National Assembly? 

The Criminal Legislative Division as described by SM when he first met WTH is a temporary organization set up to study Prosecution Reform.   They report directly to the Prosecutor General.  Then SM says “temporary but it’s been around for 9years, which is well over the maximum lifespan of 5years”.

So both WTH and KSH - where will they go when that temporary organization is disbanded?  It’s already overdue.

And another conversation he had with SM outside WTH’s office

KSH asked about who he was talking to who had the luxury car. SM pretty much said it was none of his business.  

KSH - you shouldn’t act like this already.

SM - what are you talking about?

KSH - you really don’t know? Don’t you know why we picked you? We picked you for your image.

SM - you said “we”

KSH - what do you mean?

SM - I mean, you were picked after I came to the legislative division.  And you were chosen among several candidates.  But you just said “we” ... I guess you were already decided as a member before that?  Since the 2 of you were in the same class? 
KSH - so what? What if I was?

SM - you can report it to Chief Woo.

KSH - why are you staring at me like that? Do you have a problem?

SM - don’t you want to go inside?

Was KSH always with the Criminal Legislative Division?  Before he came to the Council?

KSH tried to stop SM from taking up DJ’s case (when he went missing).  Once when he snuck into the office to eavesdrop on their conversation when he saw WTH and SM coming into the office looking flustered.  He told WTH “Find someone better suited for the job. Why have Prosecutor Hwang handle it?”  And then again with that weird spiel about LCJ and how SM should just tell WTH to take him off the case because he can’t deal with it?  Why is he so keen on getting SM off the case?  Is he worried that SM would outshine him?  Jealous?  Or is he hiding something else? 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

So both WTH and KSH - where will they go when that temporary organization is disbanded?  It’s already overdue

WTH may have been involved in criminal legislation division but not KSH. He was dispatched from Legislation and Judiciary committee, and he was working with national assembly. When his investigator asked WTH that he wouldn't be able to attend the council, he replied he has many titles. 

KSH - you shouldn’t act like this already.

SM - what are you talking about?

KSH - you really don’t know? Don’t you know why we picked you? We picked you for your image.

SM - you said “we”

KSH - what do you mean?

SM - I mean, you were picked after I came to the legislative division.  And you were chosen among several candidates.  But you just said “we” ... I guess you were already decided as a member before that?  Since the 2 of you were in the same class? 
KSH - so what? What if I was?

SM - you can report it to Chief Woo.

KSH - why are you staring at me like that? Do you have a problem?

SM - don’t you want to go inside?

After that he went in to WTH's office and started complaining about Shimok. His complain was Shimok is weird. And Woo replied that he was already aware of that from his TV appearance. KSH then said he knows Shimok is good at lecturing people but if he has known that he is weird why he chose him for council team. 

Strange thing is he told Shimok that they both have selected him and here he was complaining.

Also he throws crumbs to WTH and observe how he reacts. He didn't report to him about Shimok meeting LYJ (though he doesn't know he met LYJ). Also, he noticed how nervous WTH was when the name Hanjo came up. He even tried to get the info whether WTH ordered DJ to dig up dirt against CB

Edited by pompyavi
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, nrllee said:

Unless the TongYeong survivor is somehow linked to bully boy...

5 hours ago, nona88 said:

He notice that before and he was trying to search for it , and the day of his disappear  he go to confirm  the boy , not thinking he a killer  but thinking  that if he was really bullied and that change the whole pity story the police use for the drawing kids and prove that  they also didnt do a good job before it was transferred  to the prosecutor office  

We suspect the survivor boy from the start his behavior  on the beach wasnt even worrying or feeling guilty more then fearing  and even when he talk to the rich couple  he was worry about what they saw more then  angry from what they did to his friends 

@pompyavi @nrllee @AC95 @taeunfighting okaayyy.... could explain why we see SDJ working on a bullying case after he searched more about the Tongyeong case.  He's too busy to take on small cases and shown to be personally affected.

The shoes were spanking new.  Those pictures were taken at a food court/mall.  What if the survivor in the middle was being bullied by his "friend" to buy him those shoes the same day?  His pose show how "grateful" he was.  You do have a point, the survivor could be more worried that the couple witnessed what happened.  

If we tie the survivor circumstances to the note.  It may mean he is facing the guilt of that night late.  I don't know why DJ was being scapegoated.  Unless the survivor is not telling the truth about his conversations with SDJ and the kidnapping is his failed attempt, unintentionally compounded his crimes even more.  It's still difficult for me to reconcile the hatred and violence of the perpetrator toward SDJ.  This has the underlining tone of Crime and Punishment where a crime was committed to achieve a personal goal.  He believes he is the victim of his circumstances (the bullying).  His actions (that night) are justified but the unplanned kidnapped of Dong Jae has forced him to reevaluate his rationale and actiions.

The Criminal Legislative Division as described by SM when he first met WTH is a temporary organization set up to study Prosecution Reform.   They report directly to the Prosecutor General.  Then SM says “temporary but it’s been around for 9years, which is well over the maximum lifespan of 5years”.

So both WTH and KSH - where will they go when that temporary organization is disbanded?  It’s already overdue.

Was KSH always with the Criminal Legislative Division?  Before he came to the Council?

@pompyavi KSH doesn't have lots experience in criminal investigation but was recruited by WTH for his lobbying (wine and dine) - he is the liason between legislative and judicial branch.  His interest is mainly to join the National Assembly, similar to Assemblyman Nam.  His conversation with SM tells me he believes he fits the public image of a politician (being handsome and all) whose career was negatively sidelined by the lobbying scandal of his committee.  The council is a stepping stone for him to get to the National Assembly, don't think he intends to continue as a prosecutor like WTH.  Whatever he does, it will be for the good of his image and career... thus why SM image and investigation have to portray the prosecution in a positive light.  

Food for thought:  KSH and WTH are in the same class.  What is the chance that WTH was the prosecutor who took over Ryu and worked with WTH to dismiss Assembly Nam's bribery case?  Far fetched?

• Like 8
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

The other two detectives who were left out of the council meeting. They are also in my radar. So basically I am doubting everyone apart from our duo.

The reason for suspecting them is this scene:

EhpSY-NUwAEyk3J?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by pompyavi
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

Screenshots of the shoes.  Credit: Netflix

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.04.34 AM

Shoes are wet with sands.  Tied.  Have been on the beach.

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.05.03 AM

Dry, new and most importantly, tied laces.  The boy may have taken them off but in his state (excited, drunk, etc..) will not take time to stop and tie the laces back or stand them up perfectly.  These kind of shoes are hard to take off as well.

Question:  Did  the boys switch shoes? Or did the survivor arrive on time but decided to not help them?  He instead repositioned the shoes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

They will be back tomorrow.

EfIGtfOU4AASpJi.jpg

I can`t wait.

13 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Question:  Did  the boys switch shoes? Or did the survivor arrive on time but decided to not help them?  He instead repositioned the shoes.

For me the shoes were left there for the convenient story to be told. I don`t think someone saw the young men entered in the water. One went with the shoes and the other without? Just one of them left the phone. The other boy did not have a phone? The survivor friend knows something and he hides it. I am not convinced about happened with those boys.  But let see how this case is linked with the other cases.

I even suspected the survivor boy of kidnapping. I am doubting everyone too. :D

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

13 minutes ago, larus said:

They will be back tomorrow.

I can`t wait.

For me the shoes were left there for the convenient story to be told. I don`t think someone saw the young men entered in the water. One went with the shoes and the other without? Just one of them left the phone. The other boy did not have a phone? The survivor friend knows something and he hides it. I am not convinced about happened with those boys.  But let see how this case is linked with the other cases.

I even suspected the survivor boy of kidnapping. I am doubting everyone too. :D

I also feel like we'll come back to this case. Since its closure, I was not really convinced with how things had happened. Just like said above, shoes were extra clean (no matter how much he must have cared, but looks like they are being re positioned). As for mobile too. 

I am not convinced too, but what if they don't really come back to it? If that is the case, then chances are that either the second boy didn't bring his phone or he left it in the car. There is definitely something missing here. But if the survivor really did hide something, why was he so pissed when they offered him money in return of being silent? A lot of things in that case don't match. I was a bit surprised when the case was suddenly closed. I had expected some more investigation to go on. I'll be going back to the episode and see what info they have given us. 

But even I am now doubting everyone. Couldn't go through last 2 episodes to bring out some conclusions regarding the kidnapping, so I am really looking forward to tomorrow's episode. 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But if the survivor really did hide something, why was he so pissed when they offered him money in return of being silent? A lot of things in that case don't match. I was a bit surprised when the case was suddenly closed. I had expected some more investigation to go on. I'll be going back to the episode and see what info they have given us. 

I did not remember very well but the rich couple did not even offer him money. They were surprised how easy it was for them to deal with the survivor. He was offended somehow about the discussion. ( maybe he did not like the rich couple, what they represent). He said something that did not match with the story and they asked : "So you did not see us, right?" The boy looked like he agrees to tell their story but that was not to give them a favor. I sensed that he felt guilty about something. Like he has to be silent about the event.  He left before they could even offer him the money. That`s how I remember. It will be nice if you will watch again and tells us if there is some other informations.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, larus said:

I did not remember very well but the rich couple did not even offer him money. They were surprised how easy it was for them to deal with the survivor. He was offended somehow about the discussion. ( maybe he did not like the rich couple, what they represent). He said something that did not match with the story and they asked : "So you did not see us, right?" The boy looked like he agrees to tell their story but that was not to give them a favor. I sensed that he felt guilty about something. Like he has to be silent about the event.  He left before they could even offer him the money. That`s how I remember. It will be nice if you will watch again and tells us if there is some other informations.

Yeah now that you mention, that boy did really accept it without money while being annoyed. I'll have to check those scenes again, but chances are he was feeling uneasy with overall discussion of the case. Like he didn't want it to be brought for some reasons not related to his friends' death, but to himself. So he could have been silent about something as many are suspecting. Either he did something or he saw something but has been made silent for it. I'll return back on that topic in a couple of days :approves:.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, larus said:

The boy looked like he agrees to tell their story but that was not to give them a favor. I sensed that he felt guilty about something. Like he has to be silent about the event.  He left before they could even offer him the money. 

I agree that the shoes were staged.  He didn’t agree to tell their story. He just chose to be silent about the whole experience.  We did not know if he saw the cut restriction line or witnessed the event.  He seems to be harboring a secret or guilt of a bystander vs perpetrator and was not interested in a financial payoff.  Could he be expressing the same sentiment as Raskolnikov, the paranoia and guilt or even denial, after the crime?  It slowly drove him to inhabit that dark basement?  Perhaps he can no longer stay silent after witnessing both police and prosecutor manipulating the accident for their own purposes.  His disgust for the political power play forced him to do something drastic, like kidnapping SDJ, to direct the police to the drownings and expose the cover up by the elite members of society. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

It slowly drove him to inhabit that dark basement?  Perhaps he can no longer stay silent after witnessing both police and prosecutor manipulating the accident for their own purposes.  His disgust for the political power play forced him to do something drastic, like kidnapping SDJ, to direct the police to the drownings and expose the cover up by the elite members of society. 

That`s what I suspect also. He is my number one suspect right now for the reasons you mentioned. But  of course, it could be something else. I can`t wait to find out the whole story.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, larus said:

That`s what I suspect also. He is my number one suspect right now for the reasons you mentioned. But  of course, it could be something else. I can`t wait to find out the whole story.

Well if that boy is the kidnapper, we can actually connect the dot of car being parked that way. It was said that he had just learnt driving and was a rookie driver.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

12 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Could he be expressing the same sentiment as Raskolnikov, the paranoia and guilt or even denial, after the crime?  

Hmm.. Since the show brought up the quote from "Crime and Punishment ", it could be. 

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

It was said that he had just learnt driving and was a rookie driver.

In that case either he was with SDJ in his car or they might have met somewhere, and he parked his car there. He should have an accomplice because he can't move SDJ alone even though if he was unconscious 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Hmm.. Since the show brought up the quote from "Crime and Punishment ", it could be. 

In that case either he was with SDJ in his car or they might have met somewhere, and he parked his car there. He should have an accomplice because he can't move SDJ alone even though if he was unconscious 

An accomplice is definitely there. And chances are that the accomplice is woman. Have to re-watch the episodes to say why, but as far as I remember, it has been hinted the culprit could be a woman or an accomplice being a woman. Correct if I am wrong. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

And chances are that the accomplice is woman. Have to re-watch the episodes to say why, but as far as I remember, it has been hinted the culprit could be a woman or an accomplice being a woman.

So many suspects. I personally don`t suspect a woman but who knows. I will stop guessing who is the culprit and see what other informations we`ll get.

• Like 4