[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

40 minutes ago, farawayland said:

She was working on the Assemblyman’s case 2 years ago and it was in Seoul. She was demoted/moved to Tongyeong after that. She talked to a Seoul’radio station about the pressure from higher up.

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware of that. Yet, Nam Jae Ik was cleared after Shimok came to Supreme Prosecutors Office. But yeah she may have been working in SPO, since investigating an assemblyman is not a small thing. Also she might be having a grudge towards Woo, may be involved.

Edit: Nam Jae Ik's case was being investigated by Gyeonggi Nambu police station and it was transferred to Ryu who was in Seongnam branch. And Ryu's replacement is the one who cleared him of all charges. So that female prosecutor might be investigating some other assemblyman or may be assemblyman Nam but in that case the charges would be different. The radio broadcasting date was 2019-01-13. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, farawayland said:

She was working on the Assemblyman’s case 2 years ago and it was in Seoul. She was demoted/moved to Tongyeong after that. She talked to a Seoul’radio station about the pressure from higher up. That’s why the timing is matched. 
It came to my mind as they don’t give details like this for no reasons, not with Stranger :)  Based on the message left by the kidnapper, it must be someone who is very angry about the system. Anyway, nothing concrete, just theory..:tounge_wink:

Gosh you guys are ah-mah-zing! Had a field day reading all the theories! I wonder who is so angry at the system and wants to reveal everything. Similar to S1 where this person created a high profile incident by kidnapping Gayoung to reveal the underlying corruption. So who kidnapped SDJ, knowing that kidnapping a prosecutor is likely to become super high profile. And while investigating and retracing his lst steps, in hope ppl may find out the stuff he was investigating perhaps? 

I also wondef why SDJ started reinvestigating the tongyeong drowning. There is no link about the drowning incident with the greater corruption matters that I can see. Other than Prosecutor Ryu, and Choi Bit who spoke with the vicitims' families. I wonder why there was that need to check what CB mentioned to the families. Could prosecutor ryu have been asked to quickly close the case coz it was linked to something bigger. Something about the young couple who cut the restriction lines? Were they really just at the wrong place at the wrong time? Did CB have to personally visit the victims familes just for the purpose of sullying the prosecution's name? 

So many questions!

• Like 8

Forest of Secrets 2: Episode 7

by quirkycase

FoS207-00966-1.jpg

Our snooping prosecutor takes center stage this hour as both the police and prosecution rush to locate him. Time is of the essence, but the frustrating lack of evidence makes it hard to know where to look. Thankfully, our favorite investigative duo come together, pooling their knowledge and brainpower to find their (kind of) friend. If anyone can save him, it’s these two. Let’s just hope it’s not too late.

EPISODE 7

FoS207-00024.jpg

Shi-mok meets Chief Prosecutor Kang who chides him for dredging up the past (i.e. looking into Assemblyman Nam), but Shi-mok is firm in his conviction. When Chief Prosecutor Kang says it’ll hurt “your Chief Woo,” Shi-mok baldly states Tae-ha isn’t “his” anything.

Chief Prosecutor Kang warns him he’s in over his head; the prosecution has not only let cases like this slide, but they’ve sided with the people in power against their own prosecutors. He says Shi-mok shouldn’t come running to him if things go bad, to which Shi-mok replies he already knows that.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/forest-of-secrets-2-episode-7/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

I have to admit ost 3 is growing on me :love:specially  the lyrics but it perfect  song from every side and a good choice  to be the them of both SM  &  YJ 

Okay back to the drama I rewatched this week episodes  again today and I know I wrote about it before but again I keep getting  the vibe  of season 1 that everything  is staged  something  not right on the whole SDJ  kidnapping  and where and when  his car and blood where found !!!!  It again the same feeling  someone  trying to make sure that YJ  and SM will work on this case 

Okay I may be wrong as said before  maybe what happened  to SDJ  will be not related  to all this cases but is the door opening  to investigate  them all 

Hoping to see more SM and YJ thinking and solving the mystery  together  that the best part watching them and start to think with them with every  logical  plot 

• Like 7

Hi everyone, awesome discussions! I watched the latest episode twice and I still don't know what to think... So many details making so many people suspicious. (@AC95 @bedifferent @nrllee Feels almost like TLW's LJH again with the 365 head-spins. :wacko:)

Not saying that they are likely suspects (at least not yet), but I agree that both Jung Min Ha and Kim Sa Hyun's behaviors are strange. JMH seems especially interested in the Segok case and pushing for it to be properly re-investigated. With KSH, when Shi Mok asked him if he thought WTH would dig dirt on CB, the gist of his response was that "we are preparing" for the debate.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

It made me wonder if KSH may have been the person who tipped off the old cases tied to CB to Dong Jae to dig up again. (At that time, not knowing that CB had a connection to WTH, but he is suspicious now.) He seems to have an interest to take down CB for the sake of investigation rights or there could be more to it than that. Also, based on his conversation with WTH, he seems to know that Dong Jae was snooping around to find dirt on CB.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Either way, both JMH and KSH are definitely two people we need to keep our eyes out on. 

- - - - - - - -

On 9/6/2020 at 9:36 AM, bedifferent said:

Did CB/WTH have an affair?

When Dong Jae brought Park Gwang Su's case to WTH, WTH asked Dong Jae if he was suspecting an affair between him and CB. Was WTH maybe referring to himself and not PGS here? :D

Spoiler

giphy.gif

- - - - - - - -

On 9/7/2020 at 2:22 AM, larus said:

They don`t let Shi Mok eat in this show. When he wanted to get a bite of his sandwich, of course, his phone rang. :lol:

And, it was Yeo Jin who called him. :lol: I was KSH when Shi Mok did not get at least a bite out of that decent-looking sandwich. By the way he was handling it, it seemed like he almost forgot how to eat one.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

By the end, we better see him and Yeo Jin have a nice meal together. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 2

3 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

It made me wonder if KSH may have been the person who tipped off the old cases tied to CB to Dong Jae to dig up again. He seems to have an interest to take down CB for the sake of investigation rights or there could be more to it than that. Also, based on his conversation with WTH, he seems to know that Dong Jae was snooping around to find dirt on CB.

He was also chummy with Lee ChangeJoon.  They have history.  Remember how he talked to SM and started reminiscing about the good old days?  And saying that he was shocked that he committed suicide?  Did he sound like he was fishing to you?  He always sounds like he’s trying to gauge where your allegiance lies when he strikes up “casual” conversation.  Like you mentioned when he talked about CB to WTH.  When he talked about LCJ with SM.  He even told SM to ask WTH to get him off the case investigating DJ’s disappearance if it was “too hard”.  As if he’s trying to gauge if SM empathized with LCJ.  Also KSH seems to be wanting to move up the ranks?  This is WTH talking to SM at the National Assembly.  KSH knows how to cozy up with the Assembly folk.  

B7684-C65-6467-4743-9-B90-78675-B1-C8-C9

BBE336-F0-46-BC-4-F8-B-9-F8-D-181-EA3-DA

B77-E03-CC-E1-C8-484-C-8-C82-6702-BD0-BC

And he gets a phone call from DJ during this conversation with SM.  But he opts to hang up on DJ.  I feel bad for DJ.  He’s trying his utmost to climb up the ranks and he just gets pipped each time by SM (who couldn’t care less :lol: and would happily trade places with him).  It must be frustrating to have someone so blasé about it and yet beating you consistently regardless.

Spoiler

1-E4-BE00-C-44-C0-4482-896-A-6990040465-

9319-B5-F0-1585-4-E68-B831-6-D5-EDA22-CF

DJ hears about the Tongyeong case (Too many pics so in a doc)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MUXo80fpd3vy1lExmXanJoGffm-9-VyeZML-b6dmDno/

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

DJ hears about the Tongyeong case (Too many pics so in a doc)

Yes SDJ also said that he thought WTH wanted them to compete against each other. I assumed he was talking about police vs prosecutor but now it makes sense that he was talking about himself and Shimok. Also, i doubt if SDJ has orchestrated this himself when he couldn't even guess that Woo would know that police would eventually find out about his reinvestigation of Segok case. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Yes SDJ also said that he thought WTH wanted them to compete against each other. I assumed he was talking about police vs prosecutor but now it makes sense that he was talking about himself and Shimok. Also, i doubt if SDJ has orchestrated this himself when he couldn't even guess that Woo would know that police would eventually find out about his reinvestigation of Segok case. 

Yeah I feel it’s kinda sad that nobody seems to be overly concerned about DJ bar SM and YJ.  Not even his wife who I expected to be distraught isn’t?  She claims the kids are anxious but she was reading a scripted speech when she was filmed.  She was angry that SM insinuated that she was having an affair and retorted 

B3-C81-A41-AA9-E-40-E4-9234-E91-A3-ECC66
6-E0-C6-C77-27-A5-4-CCC-A375-0799560-A41

Is she saying she’s suspicious that he’s the one cheating on her?  With the trainee? JMH?  Or is she inferring that he’s doing something underhanded (nothing new) when it comes to business dealings and the like?  Or is their marriage a sham?  As in they live separate lives but are “together” in name only for the sake of the children?

• Like 9

U know u r obsessed w the drama when u wake up in the middle of the night with this nagging thought: 

why haven’t the police traced the call that was made to Seo by his chief to play valet to his drinking buddies?!! So there is a baddie prosecutor chief somewhere!??  Who can this be- who is this chief?! Why hasn’t he stepped forward?!!! Argghhhhhhh 

I so need to get more sleep :wut:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

12 minutes ago, ilovenico said:

why haven’t the police traced the call that was made to Seo by his chief to play valet to his drinking buddies?!

I think they are focusing on the calls that SDJ got the day when he went missing. As of now we know that day he got/made calls from/to Woo, Hanjo, the tongyeong kid and the angry chief. The assistant chief called him the previous day/before that. They may bring up or may not

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

My friends  when they even announced  season 2 some of us hope for some love progress  between  SM and YJ or at least more close partnership  and after this season get to ep 8 ( half of the season) we here hopping  for just letting them have one proper meal or at least not getting  ep without a one scene between  them

Is there someone  also here feel like me that they thrown  us 10 step back then  what we had in season 1? ???  :sweating:

Someone  call the writer here I am going to admit that she totally  can control  and fix our wishes ( dont ask for so much or also :joy:)

No we still have hope  a case they have to solve it, Sm headache and SM  apartment  problems  ( don't mess that dear writer) 

I mean it has being 3 years and we here hoping for at least scene between  them 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

@nona88 i feel you! We are having a drought of YJ SM scenes. They probably got more screen time in S1 as the writer was developing their relationship. We need more light hearted scenes between them, whether meal scenes or anything! We havent seen SM's precious smiles yet too :(

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gummi said:

@nona88 i feel you! We are having a drought of YJ SM scenes. They probably got more screen time in S1 as the writer was developing their relationship. We need more light hearted scenes between them, whether meal scenes or anything! We havent seen SM's precious smiles yet too :(

Dear  dont even make us remember  SM  smile  that the fans wait for 3 years to see it again , we have even more bigger  problems here   they making the cheerful  and super positive  energy  YJ having less and less smiles and happy moments :isannoyed:okay it the second half of the drama I am being patient  here they start to give the mystery  and partnership  back I hope it not a candy that  will despair  soon we need more :cries:

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Off topic, but related to cast members

Just realised the actress acting as SM's hoobae aka Jung Min-ha is from musical background. From the above video, we also can see that Se-won is inside as well.

Been interested in the musical scene of Korea ever since watching Hospital Playlist this year. Think more and more actors and actresses from musical/stage play background are joining the mainstream media which is a pretty good thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@nona88 @Gummi unfortunately I don’t think this writer is big on romance.  The closest we got to one was in Life.  Between Koo Seung-hyo (Cho SeungWoo) and Lee No-eul (Won JinAh).  Even there it was just suggested.  We’ll see if she’s magnanimous and gives us something this season.  :lol:  One can live in hope.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

I was trying to narrow down the suspect's list and here they are (since could not pinpoint anyone so narrowing down):

1. WTH and CB: From their conversation in the restaurant it doesn't seem either of them are involved. Even if one tries to double cross the other, he/she would eventually be dragged. Not one of them as of now.

2. Baek Jun Ki: He is one of the prime suspect. Immediately took leave for a week, the day he was investigated by Dong Jae. Why did he took leave? To tighten the loose screws? Again if he kidnapped him, he would know that he would be the prime suspect so why would he want that? In both the interrogation he mentioned whether they want to prove their predecessor's wrong.

3. Kim Su Hang and his uncle: Both of them have solid alibis. Also, if one of them/both are involved, they wouldn't want their name to be involved.

Both for no.2 and 3, the comment scene wouldn't make sense. Unless that scene and the kidnapping scene is totally unrelated.

4. LYJ: it seems that LYJ knows about the Park Gwang Su case, as she told Director Park to tell OJS to not tell his wife and everyone about Hanjo hiring him.. but how does she not know about CB's relationship with PGS? And this seems like it happened before she came. Moreover, she could have made a deal with Dong Jae.

5. LSJ and Director Park: It is possible that park is secretly working for LSJ. LSJ may want his sister to get blamed for it. Again in that case, why would he keep him alive? Park lied for LYJ. if he lied for her, then he must know what it was about. but if thats the case, why doesn't LYJ trust him??

6. Dong Jae himself orchestrated this to bring out the truth. (Truth never mattered for him. He always wanted to climb up the ladder) That would be far fetched. He is smart but also a coward. In any case, he wouldn't harm himself. Plus this would be like s1, the writer won't go that way i think.

7. His wife: She could be having an affair. Also she might have come to know about Dong Jae's affair. But will she try to kill him? Why not divorce?

8. Tongyeong kid: Dong jae called him few times. He called him even on the day he went missing. Is it possible that the kid who was bullied his brother. And Dong jae let the guilty go away.

9. Jung Min Ha and the female prosecutor: We don't know anything about them. Only that the female prosecutor was demoted as she spilled the beans on a radio show

Atleast in S1, i was constantly doubting LCJ and LYB. But here I can't even pinpoint anyone. 

• Like 9