[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

On 9/6/2020 at 9:36 AM, bedifferent said:

Netflix translation again LOL.  @chickfactor could you please help with translation of the bloody tie note? Thank you so much in advance.^^

나는 설거지를 한것이다

너무 늦었다

NETFLIX:

I WILL DO THE DISHES

IT'S TOO LATE NOW

me:

WHAT I DID WAS WASH THE DISHES

I AM TOO LATE <-- TOO LATE

--

Whatever the interpretation may be, the first line is not "I WILL." It's past tense. So that is incorrect.

The tone it conveys is that this person did what he had to do (e.g., take out the trash) but that it was too late, and should have been done earlier.

ETA:

The second part actually does not contain a subject, so it should just be: TOO LATE.

It could mean that he is TOO LATE.

It could also mean YOU ARE TOO LATE.

Edited by chickfactor
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Thank you for the doc sheets and detailed analysis.  They were great! I feel like we are team 1, tracing his old whereabouts 

Tell you what, when that delivery driver brought the food in one scene I was steeling myself for body parts :crazy:.  Thankfully nada. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

In E4, Shimok’s assistant talked about a prosecutor who was demoted when she mentioned external pressure on a radio. They only showed her back and didn’t mentioned her name. 
i went back to watched again. She was asked to removed some evidence related to an Assemblyman’case by Assistant Chief. I knew it was important but it didn’t make much sense back then. We now know about the cover up for the Assemblyman. It’s definitely connected. She Is possibly holding a grudge to prosecutor office hence a motive which can be interpreted as “did the dishes “ (works)? 

I always thought  she was the young prosecutor Jung Minah but I now think they are perjured two different person. 
is there any parts talking about the background of Jung Minha? 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, farawayland said:

is there any parts talking about the background of Jung Minha? 

Not directly, unless someone can look up the character briefs and enlighten us?  So I think we have to make do.   She was strange when she  interrogated Baek and then again where she talks about Crime and Punishment (a Quote) to SM and says she remembered SM using it?  I need to take some screen shots.    I was trying to track down a quote about Conscience because the captor (?) was about to type a comment as she was watching the video of DJ’s wife.  I was surprised that she gave such an impassioned plea for his return?  She didn’t seem particularly worried when they first brought her in for questioning?  And then SM interrogated her and asked if she was having an affair.  I need to rewatch Ep 8 again.

EDIT this is her character brief (she’s 28yo)

Spoiler

직업 - 의정부지방검찰청 형사1부 검사

동재 방에서 수습 시절을 보낸 새내기 검사. 아직 업무에 완전히 능통하진 않다. 알고 보니 시목의 학교 후배이기도 한데, 동재와는 과연 잘 지냈을까.

loosely translated 

Detective Inspector 1 of Uijeongbu District Public Prosecutors' Office

A rookie prosecutor who spent her trainee days in his room. Not yet fully proficient in work. Turns out she’s also a junior at Si Mok's school, but did she get along well with Dong-jae?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@nrllee thank you! 
I think they are two different prosecutors.

since i went back to watch E4, I discovered some information that I didn’t pay attention before 

1. The prosecutor told a radio that the assemblyman’s lawyer who used to be a chief prosecutor complained about her with the Assistant Chief. She was asked to remove some evidence from the case and then demoted 2 years ago. Who is this female prosecutor? 
2. DJ asked LYJ if she knew a prosecutor name Park Gwangsu. He told her this prosecutor was a chief prosecutor then worked for a law firm. DJ believe he worked as an advisor for Hanjo. He couldn’t drink alcohol but they found it in his blood when he died from an accident.

My conclusion: prosecutor Park was the lawyer for the Assemblyman. even though  his name was not mentioned, I think it’s the same Assemblyman Nam. The timing is the same, 2 years ago. 

Question: was WooTaeha the Assistant Chief back then? I am confused with all the titles :sweat:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, farawayland said:

since i went back to watch E4, I discovered some information that I didn’t pay attention before 

1. The prosecutor told a radio that the assemblyman’s lawyer who used to be a chief prosecutor complained about her with the Assistant Chief. She was asked to remove some evidence from the case and then demoted 2 years ago. Who is this female prosecutor? 
2. DJ asked LYJ if she knew a prosecutor name Park Gwangsu. He told her this prosecutor was a chief prosecutor then worked for a law firm. DJ believe he worked as an advisor for Hanjo. He couldn’t drink alcohol but they found it in his blood when he died from an accident.

My conclusion: prosecutor Park was the lawyer for the Assemblyman. even though  his name was not mentioned, I think it’s the same Assemblyman Nam. The timing is the same, 2 years ago. 

Question: was WooTaeha the Assistant Chief back then? I am confused with all the titles :sweat:

Hmmm.  We don’t know.  You maybe onto something! :lol:

I think this female prosecutor could be the one that replaced prosecutor Ryu.  She was pressured to clear Assemblyman Nam. Before this, Investigation Bureau (prolly Choi Bit boss) took over the case from local police to investigate then Chairman of Budget Committe Nam.  They found him guilty of bribery charge to get his son the bank job.  Woo Tae Ha/Supreme Prosecutor Office then pressured Ryu and his replacement, the female prosecutor above, to drop the police charge.  They plan to gain his vote when he becomes Assemblyman Han of the Legislative Branch.  Unknown to WTH, Choi Bit and her boss were later notified of a drug bust involving the same son.  

Per SDJ, Park Gwangsu was retired chief prosecutor before he died in April 2018.  He possibly was recruited by Hanjo.  CP Kang said Woo Tae Ha was with Supreme Prosecutor Office last July (if we take the current year is 2019, last July is July 2018?).  Choi Bit was transferred to Intelligence Bureau in summer of 2018.  If WTH was Assistant Chief in 2017, it is possible that WTH and CB worked together to conceal Park Gwangsu’s influence on the prosecution that handled Assembly Nam and his questionable accident that night.  Are their promotions kickback from Hanjo, their rewards for keeping Park Gwangsu’s employment with Hanjo a secret?

@chickfactor thank you again for the translation!

@pompyavi Ohhh no, weasel.... :dissapointed_relieved: 

Dong Jae was transferred to another car.  The license plate is not his and he drives a crossover. Has to be a two person job?! That’s why they abandoned his car in a rush at that angle.

604077E9-F7B2-4256-9D7F-FF71D3268C72

• Like 8

2 hours ago, farawayland said:

Question: was WooTaeha the Assistant Chief back then? I am confused with all the titles

Nice catch. I also watched that scene. Seeing how they did not mention the charges or anything, it can be lawyer Park Gwang Su. I don't think Woo was the assistant chief in Tongyeong back then and neither it was assemblyman Nam. 

45 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I think this female prosecutor could be the one that replaced prosecutor Ryu.  She was pressured to clear Assemblyman Nam. Before this, Investigation Bureau (prolly Choi Bit boss) took over the case from local police to investigate then Chairman of Budget Committe Nam.  They found him guilty of bribery charge to get his son the bank job.  Woo Tae Ha/Supreme Prosecutor Office then pressured Ryu and his replacement, the female prosecutor above, to drop the police charge.

But this happened recently right. If I remember correctly Nam was being investigated for that since 1 and a half years ago and he got cleared by the prosecution and decided to press charges against the investigation bureau director. So it cannot be that female prosecutor in Tongyeong, because she was demoted before ShiMok came to SPO

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

Dong Jae was transferred to another car.  The license plate is not his and he drives a crossover. Has to be a two person job?! That’s why they abandoned his car in a rush at that angle.

BTS giving us hints.. LOL. Did they purposely did not edit it out?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Let play "what if" game 

1. The formal station  chief ( who need anger management treatment:joy:)was suprised  to hear SM and YJ asking about his phone call with SDJ, since the phone call was from the office  phone  records not personal phone so what if he really wasn't the one who talked with ??? Here come the female prosecutor role!!!!! 

2. SDJ was about to go to meet chief woo it important  meeting  for him , can someone  like SDJ  risk being late on that meeting  for going to another far area to meet someone  even if it related  to same work ?? What if he was there for personal  matters  something  related  to his family  and he couldn't  think ir care about the distance matter  at that moment  and what if chief woo lie about meeting him or the time they subbosed  to meet and he know he was going to something  for him and get worried  when he didnt answer  his phone???  Or what if it was staged he wasnt attacked  in that area and was derived  away and then switched  car and leave blood simple  there ??? 

3. Sdj said  he was the one who found the death officer case but what if he lie about it, if someone  also like the female  prosecutor  or other in his office  who suggests  and start looking at that case  and were angry he using their finding to gain something  for himself

Okay everyone suggest  the most what if plot  we see till now 

53 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

BTS giving us hints.. LOL. Did they purposely did not edit it out?

Maybe yes or maybe  no

It maybe  they film  it to be one of imagination crime scene YJ  and SM  will have   specially the one with the ex chief  as criminal but or they didnt air it yet or it was cut from the final version   I would liked to see that each imagining flashback wity each plot  that think about but they cut few of it  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, pompyavi said:

From the BTS, it is indeed Dong Jae

Yeah, unfortunately they seem to have a used a body double for certain parts. Well spotted initially nevertheless.

I've been a champion lurker on this thread but keep all those great theories coming. 

Slightly off-topic - I can't help feeling the product placement of a certain car brand is a little intrusive...

• Like 6

Guys, why was Dong jae kidnapped on the day of Hanjo's shareholders meeting? That too after the result was in favor of LYJ. Also, he is the one who gave the information about LYB's anger issue. I was suspecting that Director Park may be working for LSJ secretly. But if that is the case, LSJ should have known before hand that it was SDJ. As of now CB and Woo are out of my suspect's list. 

• Like 7

We only see her back (the lady prosecutor who was demoted).  I thought it was odd for SM to have a flashback about that incident?  They were in the council meeting and arguing about rights to request a warrant.  And at that point they were talking about how police were punished before for refusing to obey prosecutor orders.

FFD1-D39-F-0-E0-F-46-ED-B5-FB-9-BEE3-E26

Kang and his trainee? we’re talking about Ryu in Ep5 after the news broke about Nam suing the Director.  And July was mentioned?  @bedifferent ‘s already mentioned it in her post above.  I only just read it.

Spoiler

35783-E58-82-CB-40-CA-821-B-C8-B7860586-

478-AA3-E0-8506-4349-8508-620704-A3-D226

D6-ACC648-2218-4-D20-98-D8-7072-A19-C46-

44-A4-B8-C7-4-C8-D-4-FD8-AF6-A-8-AADD3-B

36834-A8-D-0-A13-44-C1-9-EDD-1-BE593-FFD

6-A872273-3-C3-A-4-F5-C-BD5-D-0-A05487-A

D66-D8-B93-5-FE6-4-CAD-91-C0-1-B0-D87-FF

88669094-60-BC-48-EB-BAB2-B9-DF2-FF29-E7

24-A4-BD0-E-175-F-478-E-8229-20-F022-AC0

76-D27-C6-F-E0-A3-4536-A1-AF-7199-E2218-

18-FF34-E7-20-CE-4-CEE-80-C4-4-A7-A7057-

• Like 7

17 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@larus thanks for the video about clue and possible suspects.  The Tongyeong kid is a newbie driver so understandable is a bad driver.  The angle of the car is weird.  If it was him driving, why take the key if you don't intend to go back to the car to retrieve it?  Keeping the key would incriminate him?

ShiMok saw this drawing by Yeo Jin at the computer desk while waiting for captain to copy the call log.  He knows Yeo Jin stopped by the station. 

Hard to read his expression LOL.  What do you think is going through his mind at this moment?  He stared at it for a while.  He reminded her about her doodles on the rooftop nights ago.  He must be pleased that she draws again. I also wondered if he thinks someone is watching and driving the investigations, Choi Bit incl

When he looked at the doodle he was reminded of how SDJ's trainee was relieved to know about the kidnapping case being in Yongsan police station's jurisdiction and not Dongducheon's since he was investigating the latter. So I think what went through SM's head when looking at the doodle was what if the car was deliberately parked by the culprit in that area to ensure the case goes to Yongsan? Cause if the case went to Dongducheon wrong/corrupted people could be "watching and driving" the investigations like you mentioned.

This could also explain why the car was parked haphazardly- because it wasn't parked by SDJ (who SM pointed out cared a great deal about it) but the culprit who left it in hurry. The blood could be planted to make sure there is no question of who the victim is and raise tension maybe.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5

17 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Hard to read his expression LOL.  What do you think is going through his mind at this moment?  He stared at it for a while.  He reminded her about her doodles on the rooftop nights ago.  He must be pleased that she draws again.

I think he's thinking also about the Chief's statement that he had to make copies because he was showing the original earlier when they were in the room. Because Yeojin got her copy/pictures semi-secretly. The doodle could have been from before, but I think Si Mok is thinking 'Oh! A present.'

9 minutes ago, nrllee said:

And July was mentioned?

The thing with our show here is that all the teeny details become the most important! There's probably some kind of relevance, someone's promotion, some political event happening around that time? I also think that CP Kang's face radiates 'this will become very troublesome' mood.

Can't believe it's only Tuesday shshsh I'm waiting for the next reveals!

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, rita96 said:

When he looked at the doodle he was reminded of how SDJ's trainee was relieved to know about the kidnapping case being in Yongsan police station's jurisdiction and not Dongducheon's since he was investigating the latter. So I think what went through SM's head when looking at the doodle was what if the car was deliberately parked by the culprit in that area to ensure the case goes to Yongsan? Cause if the case went to Dongducheon wrong/corrupted people could be "watching and driving" the investigations like you mentioned.

This could also explain why the car was parked haphazardly- because it wasn't parked by SDJ (who SM pointed out cared a great deal about it) but the culprit who left it in hurry. The blood could be planted to make sure there is no question of who the victim is and raise tension maybe.

I like this theory.  But if it’s the trainee JMH who is the culprit, who’s her accomplice?  She can’t possibly be strong enough to lift DJ into the boot of a car.  And she doesn’t seem strong enough to knock him out with a brick either?   Or maybe she’s innocent (like ES was).  :lol:.  And we should be looking for someone with violent tendencies eg the bully student, the uncle Chief with anger issues.  Whoever it was didn’t have to beat SDJ so badly after finding him trying to escape?  But he did?  He/She had anger issues.

EDIT - also, who do people think the culprit is addressing in this comment (that he/she opted not to post)?  DJ?  Or his wife?  The video of the wife was playing then.

22-C9-FBA2-7-D24-4523-B504-64-A1-C550-C7

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I like this theory.  But if it’s the trainee JMH who is the culprit, who’s her accomplice?  She can’t possibly be strong enough to lift DJ into the boot of a car.  And she doesn’t seem strong enough to knock him out with a brick either?   Or maybe she’s innocent (like ES was).  :lol:.  And we should be looking for someone with violent tendencies eg the bully student, the uncle Chief with anger issues.  Whoever it was didn’t have to beat SDJ so badly after finding him trying to escape?  But he did?  He/She had anger issues.

Thank you. No I am not saying that JMH is the culprit, I mean she could be but all I am saying is that maybe the culprit thought the same way. That is to say that the culprit is someone who has been wronged by police at Dongducheon in some way and has trust issues with that station. God I do hope her fate does't turn out like ES's though if she is innocent. And agree about the anger issue- it seems that SDJ has personally wronged the culprit given the violence.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Nice catch. I also watched that scene. Seeing how they did not mention the charges or anything, it can be lawyer Park Gwang Su. I don't think Woo was the assistant chief in Tongyeong back then and neither it was assemblyman Nam. 

But this happened recently right. If I remember correctly Nam was being investigated for that since 1 and a half years ago and he got cleared by the prosecution and decided to press charges against the investigation bureau director. So it cannot be that female prosecutor in Tongyeong, because she was demoted before ShiMok came to SPO

She was working on the Assemblyman’s case 2 years ago and it was in Seoul. She was demoted/moved to Tongyeong after that. She talked to a Seoul’radio station about the pressure from higher up. That’s why the timing is matched. 
It came to my mind as they don’t give details like this for no reasons, not with Stranger :)  Based on the message left by the kidnapper, it must be someone who is very angry about the system. Anyway, nothing concrete, just theory..:tounge_wink:

• Like 9