[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

@triplem @bedifferent Thank you kindly for the pings! 

I'm rewatching Stranger S1 with my partner at the moment, and it's a joy to take in all the small details I missed in the first sitting. Not least LJH's glowingly smarmy performance, he has such an elastic face :lol::P Clearly Seo Dong-jae is the most fun when he is in trouble...

15 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Secret Forest season 1 celebrated justice, compassion, morality... something that is needed now in the world.

Echo agreement of  @taeunfighting

Especially thinking about the police brutality subplot of S1. I appreciate how they weren't gratuitous in depicting the violence, yet Jang Seong-beom (who played the victim) and Bae Doona really brought across the horror of it. It takes so little for ordinary people to become complicit in the miscarriage of justice. It takes so much courage to speak out :vicx:

@Warren429 Thanks too for the article, and welcome!

Really great to see all this activity in anticipation of August. In the meantime, hope everyone is keeping safe and happy. The times may be troubled, but we will get through this.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2020 at 5:03 AM, triplem said:

@keyta @AC95 look at our darling LJH. In character even when taking photos for script reading . :lol:

:wub: He's in character, and i so glad to see SDJ again)) 

So it's it's official - we finally know the date. WooHoo!

So many feelings that sf brings back. And i actually hoping for Lee Kyu Hyung cameo..
Pretty please?

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I can't wait more for it to start 

I missed them so much 

Really hope this season we can have some backstory about HYJ and some development with our clam and  favorite  prosecutor  :heart:

really missed this two and this drama and so waiting for August.  but it look from what they saying it going to be a war of power between  the police  and prosecutors officers  where both sides trying to have the upper  hand on the investigation right so let see how our favorite  partners can still work together through this war ( it not like they both care about things like that :smirk:

• Like 11

On 6/6/2020 at 7:02 AM, nona88 said:

I can't wait more for it to start 

I missed them so much 

Really hope this season we can have some backstory about HYJ and some development with our clam and  favorite  prosecutor  :heart:

really missed this two and this drama and so waiting for August.  but it look from what they saying it going to be a war of power between  the police  and prosecutors officers  where both sides trying to have the upper  hand on the investigation right so let see how our favorite  partners can still work together through this war ( it not like they both care about things like that :smirk:

Me too. I really hope we see some chemistry and some cute scenes between them? OCN broke my heart with Voice 2 & 3 but because this is a tVN and the writer has written some sparks in Life for Cho Seung Woo so I really hope he has some heart drooling scenes with Bae Donna. Maybe he'll have some heat with Jeon Hye Jin? Desperately waiting for August.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

June 5 2020

First script reading & ep.1 air date for tvN drama series “Stranger Season 2”

Stranger_S2-SRSM111.jpg

First script reading for tvN drama series “Stranger Season 2,” starring Cho Seung-Woo & Bae Doo-Na, took place January 13, 2020 in South Korea. Main cast members that attended the first script reading were Cho Seung-Woo, Bae Doo-Na, Lee Joon-Hyuk, Jeon Hye-Jin, Yoon Se-Ah, Choi Moo-Sung, Kim Young-Jae, Park Sung-GeunChoi Jae-Woong, and Lee Hae-Young. Of those mentioned, Jeon Hye-Jin, Choi Moo-Sung, Kim Young-Jae and Lee Hae-Young play new characters that were not in season 1 of “Stranger.”

Meanwhile, ep.1 air date for “Stranger Season 2” is now set for August, 2020 in South Korea (takes over tvN’s Saturday & Sunday 9PM time slot after “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.”).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: The prosecutor’s office and the police find themselves on opposing sides. The prosecutors, including elite prosecutor Woo Tae-Ha (Choi Moo-Sung), want discretionary power over investigations. Meanwhile, the police, including Choi Bit (Jeon Hye-Ji), tries to get complete investigative authority that is independent of the prosecutor’s office.

Under this tense situation, Prosecutor Hwang Shi-Mok (Cho Seung-Woo) and Detective Han Yeo-Jin (Bae Doo-Na) chase after the truth in a hidden case.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-script-reading-ep-1-air-date-for-tvn-drama-series-stranger-season-2

I love to see Shi Mok and Seo jin team up to solve the case again and I hope there will be a good misery this time as well. I put my trust in the writer. I am so curious about Jeon Hye-Jin`s character.

• Like 8

On 6/8/2020 at 2:56 AM, msaamia said:

Me too. I really hope we see some chemistry and some cute scenes between them? OCN broke my heart with Voice 2 & 3 but because this is a tVN and the writer has written some sparks in Life for Cho Seung Woo so I really hope he has some heart drooling scenes with Bae Donna. Maybe he'll have some heat with Jeon Hye Jin? Desperately waiting for August.

No more heart broken I had enough this year  from dramaland 

I really can't wait for season  2 but you remind me how fearfully is  sometimes to have another season 

I would like more cute scene between  our stranger but so fit otp  but I will only wish for another good written and directing  season  and that would be enough ( I will try hard to not wish  for more but no promises here :smirk:

After all No one can argue  that this two is so great together  to not wish for more 

On 6/8/2020 at 1:58 PM, larus said:

June 5 2020

First script reading & ep.1 air date for tvN drama series “Stranger Season 2”

First script reading for tvN drama series “Stranger Season 2,” starring Cho Seung-Woo & Bae Doo-Na, took place January 13, 2020 in South Korea. Main cast members that attended the first script reading were Cho Seung-Woo, Bae Doo-Na, Lee Joon-Hyuk, Jeon Hye-Jin, Yoon Se-Ah, Choi Moo-Sung, Kim Young-Jae, Park Sung-GeunChoi Jae-Woong, and Lee Hae-Young. Of those mentioned, Jeon Hye-Jin, Choi Moo-Sung, Kim Young-Jae and Lee Hae-Young play new characters that were not in season 1 of “Stranger.”

Meanwhile, ep.1 air date for “Stranger Season 2” is now set for August, 2020 in South Korea (takes over tvN’s Saturday & Sunday 9PM time slot after “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.”).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: The prosecutor’s office and the police find themselves on opposing sides. The prosecutors, including elite prosecutor Woo Tae-Ha (Choi Moo-Sung), want discretionary power over investigations. Meanwhile, the police, including Choi Bit (Jeon Hye-Ji), tries to get complete investigative authority that is independent of the prosecutor’s office.

Under this tense situation, Prosecutor Hwang Shi-Mok (Cho Seung-Woo) and Detective Han Yeo-Jin (Bae Doo-Na) chase after the truth in a hidden case.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-script-reading-ep-1-air-date-for-tvn-drama-series-stranger-season-2

I love to see Shi Mok and Seo jin team up to solve the case again and I hope there will be a good misery this time as well. I put my trust in the writer. I am so curious about Jeon Hye-Jin`s character.

Thanks for sharing 

Yeh I love this two teaming up again not caring about the war between  their two works  places  or power fight and only care about finding the true when it come to a case 

The police  and the prosecutor offices  can fight as much as they can and they will try to hide theirs  dirty  in this power war but we have the most strangers  partners to not care about all that and just works together  to even face the both teams together 

• Like 7

Woot they are doing a re-run of SF 1 this weekend  To see darling LJH on the poster makes me happy . Wonder how much screen time he has in SF 2  cuz he was filming 365 simultaneously :D 

Edited by Guest

@triplem I did not know LJH filmed 365 and SF2 simultaneously. That is quite a character (and hair) switch going back and forth. :lol: Season 2 has a good mix of recurring and new elements to look forward to. With Dong Jae, am curious if his character evolves or is exactly the same. :D

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Is there a fixed premiere date?  Other than some time in August?  I am assuming Netflix will pick this up?  Please.  Fingers crossed. 

I like the synopsis.  Whether the fight for truth transcends the politics and underlying animosity between the Police and Prosecution.

• Like 5

@Lawyerh Thanks for what you wrote about season 1 above. I really liked what you said about Shi Mok and hope. The closing scene of him smiling at Yeo Jin's drawing certainly left me with that kind of feeling. The same with the framed group photo of his friends (that even included Eun Soo and Se Won) that he kept on his office cabinet. Will be nice to see them reunite again.

giphy.gif

PsYqgar.png

• Like 7
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

He could be really smiling by himself, or the 2nd possibility he smile because YJ asked him to practice following the drawing. Either way, it was a perfect ending for closing the S1.

Enjoy this short MV too, I always think YJ & SM special to each other. It's not really in a romantic way, kind of make you guessing are they, aren't they. But it's not the main point, what essential is they trust each other well, have same value and he very comfortable with her. 

I'm so looking forward for their partnership in S2. 

Oh, I had interpreted that he smiled because he was "happy" that he will be back working with Yeo Jin and others again, but if that's not medically possible, I like the 2nd possibility that he's smiling because she had asked him to practice. And, thanks for the MV. I don't necessarily see them in a romantic way either, but adore the special bond they have formed on a professional and friendship level. Also, they are strangely cute and funny together. This lipstick conversation still cracks me up:

giphy.gif

P.S. Regarding the framed team photo and Yeo Jin's drawing, I keep pictures of my family (including my dog) and artwork by niece in my office. Looking at them makes me happy. So, I like to think that Shi Mok keeping these mementos while being away signify that these people have meaning to him too.

Based on the updates many have shared here, the story for season 2 sounds promising. Can't wait!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

He could be really smiling by himself, or the 2nd possibility he smile because YJ asked him to practice following the drawing. Either way, it was a perfect ending for closing the S1.

I thought so too initially.  That he was just practicing.  But CSW is such a seasoned actor, if you look at the gif that @taeunfighting did, he smiled with his eyes too.  It was not like the time he tried to practice in front of the mirror with YJ’s picture much earlier on.  When I watched CSW play an autistic boy in Marathon (it’s brilliant by the way, he was so convincing as an autistic boy), he made it very obvious when he was smiling just because he was asked to and when he smiled when he meant it (with his eyes).  Watch the last bit of the video from 16:45 onwards.  His final smile was when he connected with the audience.  It was beautiful.  Anyway I am not sure if it means he’s getting more of his emotions back or not and if we will see a ShiMok who is more connected with his emotions.  I guess we will see.

EDIT - some pics coming out now (since filming’s done)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

@Lawyerh @taeunfighting personally never felt anything romantic between the two but really did love their partnership. I was digging through my gifs and I realised I had quite a bit of them. 

giphy.gif

But guess who I am most excited to see ?:evillaugh: ahahahha  ( gif credit Dramabeans)

Spoiler

tumblr_osge1uwJjo1r8sro0o4_540.gif

https://zapzee.net/2020/06/18/jo-seung-woo-bae-doo-nas-stranger-2-completed-its-filming/

Jo Seung Woo & Bae Doo Na’s ‘Stranger 2’ Completed Its Filming

by krishkim 

0D952FB0-C49E-44D8-84A1-E13F4269F0B9.jpg

Credit: tvN

Actors Jo Seung Woo and Bae Doo Na have safely finished filming Stranger 2.

According to Joy News24’s report on June 17, Jo Seung Woo and Bae Doo Na finished filming tvN’s weekend drama Stranger 2 on June 14.

Following Jo Seung Woo and Bae Doo Na, Choi Moo Sung and Jeon Hye Jin held their final shooting on June 17, and the entire filming will officially come to an end on June 19.

In particular, Jo Seung Woo is scheduled to star in JTBC’s new drama Sisyphus: The Myth with Park Shin Hye following Stranger 2. Jo Seung Woo plans to rest for about two weeks before joining his new drama.

Stranger, which aired in 2017, was well-received for opening a new horizon for the genre drama. It is an internal secret tracking drama in which Hwang Shi Mok (Jo Seung Woo), a lone prosecutor who does not feel emotions, and Han Yeo Jin (Bae Doo Na), a righteous and warm detective, work together to eradicate corruption at the prosecutor’s office and solve a serial murder case.

After the broadcast, requests for season 2 were poured out, and later, the leading actors in season 1, including Jo Seung Woo, Bae Doo Na, Yoon Se Ah, Lee Joon Hyuk, and Choi Jae Woong confirmed their appearances and began production. In addition, Jeon Hye Jin and Choi Moo Sung newly joined the season 2.

In Stranger 2, solitary prosecutor Hwang Shi Mok and active detective Han Yeo Jin, who met once again when the prosecutor’s office and the police find themselves on opposing sides, will approach the truth of the concealed cases.

Stranger 2 is scheduled to air in August as a follow-up of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.

Source (1)

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3