[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

Yaas!! 
It's finally here.

I like the first episode. The perfect tip of icebergs. It's not as action packed as the first ep of Stranger 1, but it's as gritty. 

At one glance, it's a 2-story branches: 1) Tongyeong drowning case, 2) Police vs Prosecutor, but of course, knowing the writer, its roots is way deeper way more complex than that. I don't think we will see the end of the Tongyeong drowning case and it would probably be a tool of a bigger and major happenings. Something to do with the Chief Kang? Or that lawyer/ex-judge?

I love how HSM and HYJ are still the same, if not better. HSM may not be able to express his feelings, but we can see regret from his action in pursuing the truth on the drowning case - if only he stopped and looked closer, he might be able to stop the 2 students' death. 
Similarly to HYJ, it's amazing how she pursues a seemingly insignificant clue but turns out to be a pivotal point. Too bad the case is closed too soon - for now.

Also, during the meeting with the Boss on police vs prosecutor public image strategy. HYJ is still HYJ, choosing to use positive news on police action rather than manipulative or attack-mode. This is why we love HYJ, her moral compass never disappoints. 

The clash between police and prosecutor is the main theme for Stranger 2, to the point that they want to eat each other's Head's off. I'd love to see the police prosecutor joint-team later! 

Can't wait for ep 2.

@bedifferent agree with you, the clues dropping from the start - cryptocurrency scandal might be related.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@dairymilks the spoiled Porsche driving brat is Lee Yong-ho (Netflix translation).  His ex judge lawyer is Oh Joo Sun ( of Hanjo group).  His dad must be Lee Sung Jae - who is the ex convict CEO and eldest son of Chairman Lee.  I remember synopsis mentioned this season will involve him.

LOL those IG accounts must be of actors’ own.  Clever, 

Great intro.  My bet is this season’s murder may have something to do with the cryptocurrency scandal. The news on SM’s radio!  Scriptwriter tends to address current social issues.  

ohhh you’re right. i didn’t realize “lee sung jae” looked too young to be the eldest son haha. knetz are doing a comment spree on the girlfriend’s ig right now LOL. 

LCJ’s narration is making me miss him so much :tears: i’m still attached to this legendary villain. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

If I get this season right 

The prosecutor's  and police will start a fight with each other so each one going to attack  the others past dirty or more benefits  they making new dirty for each others  

As we saw in ep 1 the two side I think have no problem  to even fake true to win this fight    

YJ and SM  has to be in this dirty  fight when they both  have morals  about the true has to be  above anything.  but in the same time they have to be careful not to betray  the side they on , it about powerful  fight that affect all the police and prosecutors in future  so it not easy to choice  the true above everything  

I know they going to do that eventually  but it going to be a hard one , but what more interesting  is how much this fight going to be using all means even if it mean to make innocent  victims  in the cases they using to fight each others for 

And no matter how much they want to fight each other they will never break each other's ( they still need each other on power game)  so for them the true is just weapon  till it  really hurt them it becomes something to be bury 

So my guess in these fight and dirty  uncover  game, YJ and SM will find  a lead to more bigger and danger  hidden true that even the prosecutors  and police dont want to uncover and then the game will start 

Sadly from the previews  our best partners will not even enjoy their meal when they realize  they was choosing  to fight each others ( I still dont think they choosing these two was randomly someone trying to use what these  two did two years ago and something is  bigger here) 

And known this writer now , the drawing  case is going to be only a door to bigger hidden secrets 

P.s. no matter I need to make sure that SM  and YJ  dont have to fight each  other so much even when it interesting to see this two amazing minds against  each other    

Edit;

I love that from phone call today we get they  kept in touch in these past two years :heart:

They didnt have to say that but we can understand  from the conversation that it was normal to talk to each others (  as example :at least  YJ was going to ask how you being before asking about case )

• Like 3
  • Love 1

A couple of weeks ago I binge watched the first season in two days. I usually don't watch these dramas because they make me very nervous, anxious and angsty. I always want to know what happens in the end, but the storytelling reminds me to enjoy the journey!!! 

I'm so stoked for this season. I think the first episode is like the calm before the storm. I can't wait for tomorrow. 

• Like 6

I can`t believed how fast the subtitles come. YAY!

I also missed Shi Mok and Yeo Jin. Just seing them work or live like ordinary people was enough. :D

The case just started. Something aparently easy but that will turn in something more. I missed this type of show, discovering the pieces of the puzzle. Nothing will be easy. Cover ups, political fights in the organization.

I am just happy that someone like Shi Mok or Yeo Jin won`t give up investigating not matter how hard it will be.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, dairymilks said:

omg yay!!! in season 1 the pilot episode had a rating of 3.041% :o pretty huge increase wow

Not that I believe in ratings, sometimes rating can be so misleading. Some great dramas are so underrated, but does this rating means, Ep 1 did well? or great? or just okay? :mellow:

• Like 6

@penelop3

I think S2 did great.  :).  Opened strong.  Will binge watch after Ep2 comes out.  Great that everyone is on board with the return and raving.   First season the writer was a relative unknown?  It would explain the initial lacklustre ratings.  She’s a great writer.  I love how well researched her dramas are.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1419380wpp/forest-of-secrets-2-premieres-to-2nd-highest-ratings-of-any-tvn-weekend-drama-in-history

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Wow, Yeo Jin looks stunning with her long hair!

I haven’t had time to see the recent teasers so I was not sure what to expect, but think season 2 is off to a great start. It has a good mix of familiar and new feels. The anticipated feud between the police and prosecution should create exciting tension to the story. Will Yeo Jin and Shi Mok manage to be the thread who will keep them in harmony and working together? Will reform on both sides be possible??

@keyta I was hoping that we would get some flashbacks of Lee Chang Joon. I will take his voiceover. It was a pleasant surprise and fitting that he provided the prologue.

“Doggedly chasing after the truth and marching towards what’s right is a never-ending process. To stop, even for a moment, is to fail. Marching towards change is like having two needles as your feet with an invisible thread chasing after you, never stopping for a breath as you march on. In the belief that a handful of hope is better than immeasurable despair, we move forward with an unwavering determination once again.”

Loved what he said. I think it will sum up the heart and spirit of the story - Shi Mok, Yeo Jin and team stopping at nothing to pursue the truth.

- - - - - - - - 

I also liked the effects of the dense fog in the opening. The main case(s) will definitely be obscure. Visibility to the truth will be hampered and can’t be seen clearly at first.

@bedifferent How are you? I still remember from the TLW thread, many were so looking forward to 2020 - one of the reasons was for Stranger 2. It’s been quite the journey since then until now (and still continues). Feels a bit unreal that it’s finally here and happening, but great to see the crew on screen again. I like the addition of Jeon Hye Jin as Choi Bit. Can’t wait to meet Choi Moo Sung’s character next and of course, see Seo Dong Jae again. Elegant Lee Yeon Jae too. Hope you and everyone here enjoys the show!

• Like 6
  • Love 4

“Forest Of Secrets 2” Premieres To 2nd-Highest Ratings Of Any tvN Weekend Drama In History

da8be0e800ec4f9d9fc387e7ac2a410b.jpeg?s=

Aug 16, 2020
by E. Cha

The second season of “Forest of Secrets” is off to an impressive start!

On August 15, tvN aired the first episode of “Forest of Secrets 2,” the second season of the popular thriller drama starring Cho Seung Woo and Bae Doona.

“Forest of Secrets 2” beat the first season right out of the gate: according to Nielsen Korea, the premiere scored an average nationwide rating of 7.6 percent and a peak of 8.9 percent, surpassing the highest ratings achieved by the drama’s first season during the entirety of its run.

Additionally, the premiere of “Forest of Secrets 2” achieved the second-highest ratings of any Saturday-Sunday drama in tvN history, bested only by the 2018 hit “Mr. Sunshine” (which premiered to an average nationwide rating of 8.9 percent).

“Forest of Secrets 2” also took first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks—among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average nationwide rating of 4.6 percent and a peak of 5.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1419380wpp/forest-of-secrets-2-premieres-to-2nd-highest-ratings-of-any-tvn-weekend-drama-in-history

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, diane90 said:

can someone show me where I can watch this drama;

the site I watched before is closed

You can watch it at Netflix if not ....I sent you a PM.

I wonder what really happened with  those boys. The thrid friend did not tell the whole truth. And who was that car that stopped for a moment? I like how Shi Mok went to the scene and not to the party. Shi Mok and the party! :w00t: Like his secretary said Shi Mok is consistent until the last minute. So what is the chief was mad? 

I loved when Yeo Jin called Shi Mok. I think they have been comunicating all those years. She knows him so well. "How about a hello!" How come you`re not asking why I am asking those questions?" Shi Mok, you are killing me! You never change.  :w00t:

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, larus said:

You can watch it at Netflix if not ....I sent you a PM.

I wonder what really happened with  those boys. The thrid friend did not tell the whole truth. And who was that car that stopped for a moment? I like how Shi Mok went to the scene and not to the party. Shi Mok and the party! :w00t: Like his secretary said Shi Mok is consistent until the last minute. So what is the chief was mad? 

I loved when Yeo Jin called Shi Mok. I think they have been comunicating all those years. She knows him so well. "How about a hello!" How come you`re not asking why I am asking those questions?" Shi Mok, you are killing me! You never change.  :w00t:

Yes the boy who is safe he did not tell the complete truth. I think the car that stopped was Shi Mok himself. Remember how he noticed that the wiring was damaged. Could it be at that time frame?

From the last scene it seemed that wiring was indeed intact and that couple removed it. But I think those boys went to the beach before the wiring was removed by that couple. They might have jumped the rope. And Remember how that guy threw that rope pole into the sea. That rope pole might have hit the second boy who tried to save the first one and both died. Well this is all my theory as of now

• Like 7

@taeunfighting Hiiiii, I am good.  I'm glad we https://forums.soompi.com/profile/787317-taeunfighting/are here together. I love the drama opening.  From the prosecutor stripes

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 1.14.16 AM      

to the Korean National Police Agency insignia

280px-Emblem_of_the_Korean_National_Poli

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 1.14.32 AM      

both manipulated and victimized by media and press, something we already seen and heard from Choi Bit.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 1.14.00 AM      

Credit: netflix

18 hours ago, penelop3 said:

Something to do with the Chief Kang? Or that lawyer/ex-judge?

I love how HSM and HYJ are still the same, if not better. HSM may not be able to express his feelings, but we can see regret from his action in pursuing the truth on the drowning case - if only he stopped and looked closer, he might be able to stop the 2 students' death. 

Also, during the meeting with the Boss on police vs prosecutor public image strategy. HYJ is still HYJ, choosing to use positive news on police action rather than manipulative or attack-mode. This is why we love HYJ, her moral compass never disappoints. 

I think that was the most shocked reaction I have ever seen from ShiMok... we as viewers have to acknowledge it! :D He didn't even show emotions to Eun Soo's death in season 1 LOL.  He's so emotive now. haha  CSW did a great job letting us see the emotional punch Kang Wong Cheol's signature hit SM.  I can't tell if he felt more than just pure shock... as in if he starts to doubt his old boss whom he so admired.  Ohhh has 3 years been too long for a prosecutor to hold off the temptations and corruption.  For now, I am going to give Prosecutor Kang the benefit of a doubt.

Food for thought.  what if Kang Won-Cheol is the father of the spoiled IG girlfriend?!! Possible??? Is that why he closed the case?

YJ truly trusts SM's intelligence and instinct, that and of course his uncompromising sense of truth and logics.  She knew right away whom she can turn to for advice and opinions.  I really like how comfortable they are with each other... it's ok for YJ to count on him despite distance and time.  True friendship and respect there.  I also love how they look and sound older (for once, Kdrama, please embrace our actors' age)... there's a maturity to both SM and YJ to anchor and give their characters more weight.  They are seasoned veterans, experienced.  Yet, like you have said, YJ hasn't lost her spunk or conviction.  She still has faith in people and chose to conduct herself based on those principles.  I can understand why Choi Bit wants her on the reform team.

Thoughts

• The boy who survived.  Looking at his clothes and shoes, there is no way his family gifted him the car.  Something is off.  SM only knows off hand the case.  Which police officer did the report?
  • Lee Yong-Ho and his GF stayed behind to watch the police investigation.  They didn't flee the scene.  Guilty perpetrators usually don't care for their victims or show concern either.
  • What connection(s) do they have with the boys if any?
  • Why burn the rope when you can easily lift it and go under like Shi Mok.
  • Why did Lee Yong-Ho come to that part of the beach at night, far from Seoul? 8:30pm is late (in March, it would have been dark by that time in the evening), cannot be to enjoy the sunset?
  • We started episode 1 around March 2019... which is in the past, more than 1 year ago.  These are retrospective events in drama timing.
  • We keep hearing news about the DUI prosecutor.... 
  • Seo Dong Jae will appear next episode.  He has a wife and a child whom we will finally meet I hope?
  • Shi Mok's clock was 8:19pm when he noticed something on the side of the road?  Time of death 7-8:30pm.  LYH posted on IG around 8pm, so LYH was there before SM, but his pic was dark? 
  • He didn't drive past any car on the road or at that beach turnout.  Since it was foggy, he should at least have noticed car headlights.
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

3 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

I think the car that stopped was Shi Mok himself. Remember how he noticed that the wiring was damaged. Could it be at that time frame?

It was the moment when he has imagined how things might have been, how events unfolded? I see.

I thought he saw that car at that moment. But it is possible that it was like you mentioned. It makes sense.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, larus said:

It was the moment when he has imagined how things might have been, how events unfolded?

It's just like in season 1 when he reconstructed the event at the murder scene.  I think SM is thinking if the boys were on the beach at 8:19pm when he stopped the car.

• Like 6