[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

d-6! this is our mood for this week, everyone B)

it's confirmed, yeojin is the only person who can control simok :D also, i'm happy that bae doona has a lot of lines this time haha the thing i'm the most excited to see is how much yj has changed, it's being teased a lot.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/10/stranger-2-to-be-released-worldwide-through-netflix/
‘Stranger 2’ to Be Released Worldwide Through Netflix

by krishkim

779A5F20-0E63-4FAE-B5B8-03EF220A1AB4.jpg
Credit: tvN

Stranger 2 will be released worldwide through Netflix.

On August 10, Netflix announced that they will release tvN’s new weekend drama Stranger 2, starring Jo Seung Woo and Bae Doo Na, around the world from August 15.

According to Netflix, Stranger 2 will be released at 10:30 p.m. KST (after the regular broadcast in Korea) in Asia, America, and Latin America. In other regions, the entire series will be released simultaneously on October 11.

Stranger 2 tells the story of solitary prosecutor Hwang Shi Mok (Jo Seung Woo) and detective Han Yeo Jin (Bae Doo Na) meeting once again when the prosecutor’s office and the police find themselves on opposing sides, and approaching the truth of the concealed cases.

Previously, the first season of Stranger swept various awards, including the Grand Prize in the 1st The Seoul Awards Drama category and the Grand Prize in TV category at the 54th Baeksang Arts Awards, and was named the Top 10 Best International TV Show by the New York Times in 2017.

The combinations of the stars from the first season, including Jo Seung Woo, Bae Do Na, Lee Joon Hyuk, and Yoon Se Ah, and new stars in the second season, including Jeon Hye Jin and Choi Moo Sung, are already raising much expectations.

Stranger 2, which will premiere on August 15 as a follow-up of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, will meet with the global fans through Netflix.

Source (1)

———————

https://www.soompi.com/article/1418098wpp/yoon-se-ah-talks-about-her-reaction-to-her-characters-transformation-in-2nd-season-of-forest-of-secrets
Yoon Se Ah Talks About Her Reaction To Her Character’s Transformation In 2nd Season Of “Forest Of Secrets”

by S. Cho | Aug 9, 2020

The second season of “Forest of Secrets” has previewed Yoon Se Ah’s competitive life as the new CEO of Hanjo Group.

“Forest of Secrets” (also known as “Stranger”) tells the story of emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si Mok (Cho Seung Woo) and warm-hearted police officer Han Yeo Jin (Bae Doona) who join forces to solve hidden mysteries and investigate corruption. The new season will follow their reunion as opposing sides of a tense situation involving the police and the prosecutor’s office.

Spoilers

In season one, Yoon Se Ah played Lee Yeon Jae, the cold and aloof daughter of Hanjo Group’s CEO. However, she was very soft in front of her husband Lee Chang Joon (Yoo Jae Myung), whose death left her in great shock and sadness.

Returning as Lee Yeon Jae in season two, Yoon Se Ah’s transformation into the CEO of Hanjo Group while her father and brother are under investigation will be a core part of the plot.

Yoon Se Ah commented, “This is the first time that I’ve personally tried a drama with multiple seasons. Since my wish for ‘Forest of Secrets’ to return with a second season came true, I felt excited and was looking forward to it.”

However, her character returns in the midst of a huge scandal and finds herself in charge of a lot of responsibilities while being shunned alongside her acquaintances. Yoon Se Ah shared, “I was only happy to be back as her for a short period. More than anything, I was worried about how Yeon Jae would continue to live with all her sadness.”

In the new season, Lee Yeon Jae gets thrown into a competitive lifestyle without her husband or the time to grieve him. The actress explained, “Yeon Jae is thrown to the front lines overnight after only having served her father and husband the whole time. She comes to carry the duty of working her hardest to resolve the situation both internally and externally.”

She added, “I thought hard about what Yeon Jae would be thinking while working as the Hanjo CEO. I felt like Yeon Jae would think that Lee Chang Joon wouldn’t have turned out the way he did if it weren’t for her. She probably feels sorry for making him fight alone, so she would want to do an even better job.”

She continued, “It’s hard to receive recognition within your company, but she also has to protect the external reputation of Hanjo. She’s currently enduring everything she can and arming herself as if she’s in war, pretending she’s good at her job, strong, and unfazed. Every single day must have been a difficult battle for Yeon Jae.”

In the stills for the second season, Yoon Se Ah shows her charisma while also conveying the loneliness in her heart.

DC457AF7-0369-4A5B-BAE4-0106DB2467FB.jpg

Regarding her co-stars, Yoon Se Ah excitedly shared, “It was so nice to meet [them] again. It was unfortunate that we didn’t have too many scenes together, but our chemistry was great when we did. I cherished and enjoyed our filming.”

She continued, “Just like last season, I think this will become a very thought-provoking drama.” As for the most exciting aspect for viewers to look forward to, Yoon Se Ah answered, “The development of the characters’ relationships, the introduction of new characters, as well as Lee Yeon Jae, who will show a new side compared to last season. Please look forward to our fast-approaching premiere.”

Season two of “Forest of Secrets” premieres on August 15 at 9 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

Source (1)

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

15 sec version

i can't believe we have teasers for first episode :tears: i've read that the case will be about two bodies on foggy beach. it's going to be interesting for sure. if anyone can translate it?

bts vs actual scene :D
Spoiler

• Like 3

Watch: Cho Seung Woo And Bae Doona Take On A Drowning Case In Teaser For Season 2 Of “Forest Of Secrets”

Watch: Cho Seung Woo And Bae Doona Take On A Drowning Case In Teaser For Season 2 Of “Forest Of Secrets”

Aug 10, 2020
by C. Lee

tvN has revealed a new teaser for the second season of “Forest of Secrets”!

The 2017 first season of the drama tells the story of emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si Mok (Cho Seung Woo) and warm-hearted police officer Han Yeo Jin (Bae Doona) who join forces to solve hidden mysteries and investigate corruption. The new season will follow their reunion as opposing sides of a tense situation involving the police and the prosecutor’s office.

In the teaser, Hwang Si Mok had been working at the branch office in Tongyeong for the past two years, and he is now waiting to be appointed to his new job. Suddenly, a reporter on the news can be heard saying, “Due to the fog, two people on vacation have drowned after entering the ocean intoxicated.”

Although he must leave his Tongyeong office, Hwang Si Mok can’t help but get involved in the case, as he continues to think about the victims’ identities and time of death.

Meanwhile, Han Yeo Jin is now doing administrative work at the main police headquarters and has been promoted to join a team working to gain the right to investigate independently from the prosecution. Han Yeo Jin expresses the difficulties of working with the prosecutor’s office when she says, “We have to at least get on the same page.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1418277wpp/watch-cho-seung-woo-and-bae-doona-take-on-a-drowning-case-in-teaser-for-season-2-of-forest-of-secrets

• Like 5

Seo Dong Jae and "his assistant" Hwang Shi Mok :shaq:

i really can't wait))

https://www.vlive.tv/video/207263 - full vlive here 

EfHa0goXgAU7p3o?format=jpg&name=900x900

Spoiler

EfHnEyHVAAA8Ce4?format=jpg&name=900x900

EfHxpc_XgAEB2Gf?format=jpg&name=large

EfHbvVsVAAA1JAU?format=jpg&name=medium

EfHzC5ZXsAEfbOd?format=jpg&name=medium

P.S.

Spoiler

:wub::evilelmo:

Edited by MinLyn
Please kindly note that we are only allowed to display 3 images in a single post. The remaining images would have to be put in a spoiler tag. Thanks.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2020/08/11/entertainment/television/Stranger-2-Cho-Seungwoo-Bae-Doona/20200811161907533.html
Back again

August 11, 2020

5FBFFD36-D477-4907-8B04-542AFC6529EB.jpg

Online press event for tvN drama series "Stranger 2." [TVN]

From left, actors Lee Joon-hyuk, Yoon Se-a, Cho Seung-woo, Bae Doo-na, Choi Moo-sung and Jeon Hye-jin pose for a photo at an online press event for the second season of the highly-anticipated tvN drama series “Stranger” on Tuesday. The duo — gutsy female detective Han Yeo-jin and the apathetic prosecutor Hwang Si-mok— again collaborate to get to the bottom of cases that have been suppressed for political gain. The drama series begins airing on Aug. 15 and will also be streamed on Netflix.  

———————

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200811008800315

New 'Stranger' season centers on prosecution-police conflict

By Chang Dong-woo

SEOUL, Aug. 11 (Yonhap) -- "Stranger," a television crime series on tvN, returns this weekend for a second season inspired by the real-life political struggle between the prosecution and the police in South Korea over investigation authority in criminal cases.

The new season, "Stranger 2," is set to premiere Saturday, with the two leads of the first season, Cho Seung-woo and Bae Doo-na, reprising their roles as prosecutor Hwang Si-mok and police detective Han Yeo-jin, respectively, along with a handful of new faces, such as actress Jeon Hye-jin actor and Choi Moo-sung.

The Saturday-Sunday primetime show will also be streamed worldwide on Netflix immediately following the broadcasts on tvN.

The first season, which aired in 2017, follows a joint investigation by the characters of Cho and Bae into a serial murder case that centers on a massive corruption scheme involving the prosecutor's office and a major conglomerate.

"The story takes place two years after the first season. After a certain crime case occurs, the conflict between the prosecution and the police takes center stage," Park Hyun-suk, the show's director, said in an online press conference Tuesday to promote the second season.

[photo]
This image, provided by tvN, shows a poster for "Stranger 2," which premieres on Aug. 15, 2020. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Park added, "The two leads are at the opposing ends of the political conflict but later end up working together under the common goal toward justice."

The director explained that the power struggle between the prosecution and the police ends up muddling the investigation surrounding the underlying core case. "With the story becoming more and more unpredictable, the two leads ends up tackling the case against difficult odds."

Returning to the "Stranger" universe in three years, Cho said he initially had some reservations in reprising his role of the stoic, hard-as-nails prosecutor Hwang.

"But the second season felt different from the first season. It has a different texture to it. That's why I was able to take on the project, I think," Cho explained.

Spoiler

01AA2A0B-47CC-446E-BCD8-DAB9068912A7.jpg

A still image from tvN's "Stranger 2," which premieres on Aug. 15, 2020. Photo provided by tvN. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap

Cho said he believes the "Stranger" franchise owes its success to the tight script written by Lee Soo-yeon.

"The overall writing and its structure is hardly average. I think a lot of viewers responded to two average people with common sense working together to solve a case while pitted against what some may perceive as a miserable reality."

Bae also said she was glad to return in the new season of "Stranger."

"'Stranger' was a project I loved, and I was also fixated with my character Han Yeo-jin," said Bae. Gesturing toward Cho seated next to her, Bae said jokingly, "This person said he wants the show to continue into the fifth season. I'm willing to join the ride."

Newcomer Choi, who plays Cho's boss prosecutor Woo Tae-ha, said he was proud to be cast for the show.

"It's a premiere TV series and I was happy. I think I enjoyed filming more than being burdened by the popularity of the first season," said Choi.

"I also learned that producing a great show isn't an easy process. I think the entire process was a great learning experience for me as an actor," he added.

4E42D6DB-F353-4837-8761-9910A36ADB23.jpg
The main cast members of tvN's "Stranger 2" pose for photos during a press conference held in Seoul on Aug. 11, 2020. Photo provided by tvN. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

odissy@yna.co.kr
(END)

——

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/08/12/2020081201780.html
Bae Doo-na Reunites with Cho Seung-woo in Their Upcoming TV Series

August 12, 2020

74B0D6F6-D621-4895-AC79-1F811036FD3A.jpg

Cho Seung-woo (left) and Bae Doo-na pose at a virtual press event for their upcoming TV series on Tuesday. /Courtesy of tvN

Actress Bae Doo-na reunites with actor Cho Seung-woo for the second season of cable channel tvN's hit crime thriller series "Stranger" slated for airing this weekend.

"I feel very comfortable working with him this time again as I did when we first met for the thriller's first season in 2017," Bae said at a virtual press event in Seoul on Tuesday, which was livestreamed amid the coronavirus lockdown.

Cho said, "We worked very hard for the series to meet viewers' expectations and I believe they would find it interesting with more tightly plotted storylines than the previous one."

The thriller revolves around a coolheaded prosecutor played by Cho and a passionate police investigator played by Bae. They team up against political corruption.

It drew much attention when it was first aired three years ago with multifaceted characters without generalizations or stereotyping of good versus bad.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Meeting after 2 years I think it was before they know they have to fight each others cause the the case 

The article  said something about warm meeting and finishing meal :lol: but no matter what I just love this two so much :heart:

NISI20200812_0000581152_web_202008121442

P.s. now that I think about it maybe the fact  they have to fight each others didnt happen by chance and that one of the two teams  wanted to use their  partnership to gain something 

Just like first season someone planning everything  from the start  

Source

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

@bedifferent Pumped but real life is kinda busy (house renovations and anticipatory spring cleaning) so not sure if I can contribute much in analysis.  Happy to finally see the pair of them at it again though. :)  I am trying to get used to seeing Bae Doona with long hair. I am so used to seeing her in a bob haircut. :lol:

• Like 3

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200812000738
New season of tvN’s ‘Stranger’ delves into conflict between police, prosecution

By Lim Jang-won | Aug 12, 2020

5CD1C62C-53E5-479F-8D89-E7D02D30B0DE.jpg
The cast of tvN crime thriller drama “Stranger 2” poses during an online press conference, Tuesday. (tvN)

Cho Seung-woo returns to the small screen once again as the righteous and lonely prosecutor Hwang Si-mok, in the second season of tvN’s crime thriller drama “Stranger.”

“There are still four days left until the 15th, so I’d be grateful if people reviewed the first season,” said Cho at Tuesday’s online press conference as he struggled to fully explain his character to those who had not watched the show. The first season is gaining renewed popularity on multiple platforms, including Netflix, ahead of the premiere of the second season.

The first episode of the second season of “Stranger,” tvN’s first multiseason crime drama, will air Saturday, bringing together both familiar faces and new ones. 

Bae Doo-na joins Cho again as the police inspector Han Yeo-jin after being promoted at the end of the first season, while Lee Joon-hyuk returns as prosecutor Seo Dong-jae and Yoon Se-ah is back as Lee Yeon-jae, who now heads the Hanjo Group. 

Jeon Hye-jin and Choi Moo-Seong join the cast of “Stranger” as Han Yeo-jin and Hwang Si-mok’s superiors in the police department and the prosecutors’ office.

DF183010-0FF7-4719-BB31-63ACBF283A06.jpg
A “Stranger 2” poster features lead actors Cho Seung-woo (left) and Bae Doo-na. (tvN)

While the first season centered on a search for the true culprit in a murder case, the second season focuses on the conflict between the prosecution and the police. The action takes place two years after the end of the first season, with Cho and Bae representing each side. The two delve into cover-ups as the police and the prosecutors’ office fight for investigation rights.

“The second season was made possible only because of the love the fans gave the first season,” said Cho. 

During his speech after receiving the award for best actor at the Baeksang Arts Awards in 2018, Cho expressed his hope that the drama would go on for five seasons.

While “Stanger” wasn’t initially created as a multiseason drama, screenwriter Lee Soo-yeon takes charge of the story again and makes it work. The actors and the new director, Park Hyun-seok, expressed the pressure they felt to live up to the reputation of the first season.

“I know how much the drama was loved, and the pressure might have weighed me down. I am also a fan of season one,” said Park. 

Park and the actors also expressed confidence that the new season would capture the audience.

“If seasons continue, I don’t think the audience should feel, what’s this? ‘Stranger’ is changed. It sucks. We tried to make it entertaining, and it delivers,” said Cho.

The 16-episode series airs Saturdays and Sundays at 9 p.m. on tvN and Netflix, starting this week.

By Lim Jang-won (ljw@heraldcorp.com)

——

“Forest Of Secrets” Cast Talks About Returning With Season 2, How They Felt Working Together, And More

https://www.soompi.com/article/1418481wpp/forest-of-secrets-cast-talks-about-returning-with-season-2-how-they-felt-working-together-and-more

• Like 3

Bae Doona And Cho Seung Woo Reunite At A Restaurant In “Forest Of Secrets” Season 2

5e646650e25d4dafaa0c1ca059f43015.jpeg?s=

Aug 12, 2020
by C. Lee

The upcoming second season of tvN’s “Forest of Secrets” gave a glimpse at what’s to come!

The 2017 first season of “Forest of Secrets” told the story of an emotionless prosecutor named Hwang Si Mok (played by Cho Seung Woo) and a warm-hearted police officer named Han Yeo Jin (played by Bae Doona) who teamed up to catch a serial killer and expose corruption in the prosecutor’s office.

In the second season of the show, Hwang Si Mok and Han Yeo Jin reunite under difference circumstances, with the pair on opposite sides of a tense situation involving the police and the prosecutor’s office.

On August 12, tvN released new stills of Hwang Si Mok and Han Yeo Jin, who are seeing each other for the first time since their last meeting at a pojangmacha (outdoor drinking establishment) in the first season.

Han Yeo Jin is now doing administrative work at the main police headquarters and has been promoted to join a team that works to gain the right to investigate independently from the prosecution. Meanwhile, Hwang Si Mok has finished his two-year term at the branch office in Tongyeong and suddenly gets a call from the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office before he’s appointed to his new job. It turns out that Han Yeo Jin was the one who called him after hearing that Hwang Si Mok was in Seoul.

In the stills, the two might be happy to see each other for the first time in two years, but Hwang Si Mok wears an emotionless expression while Han Yeo Jin is smiling brightly as if she’s used to it.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1418721wpp/bae-doona-and-cho-seung-woo-reunite-at-a-restaurant-in-forest-of-secrets-season-2

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2

@nrllee yeah, not only did Yeo Jin’s hair grew, Lee Yeo Jae’s hair is also longer. Hope you find some time to watch, drop by here if you can.  I have been more domesticated than ever, baking cooking like crazy. I have to say thank you for mentioning It’s OK drama... it was a gem, unexpectedly.

I don’t think Shi Mok and Yeo Jin ever shared a meal in restaurant together? Wonder if Shi Mok’s taste sense has changed.  I am convinced that his cranial surgery also dulled his taste buds... Don’t tell me he can now feel pleasure from connecting with someone over food! What happened over the last two years? 

SF’s soundtrack is iconic, as were the black and white opening scenes! I managed to rewatch the whole season 1.

• Like 4

On 8/13/2020 at 12:41 PM, bedifferent said:

I have to say thank you for mentioning It’s OK drama... it was a gem, unexpectedly.

Off topic

Spoiler

I loved it.  But I didn’t love the reveal about Head Nurse Park.  :huh: It just made Dir Oh and the whole OK Hospital look inept for missing it all these years?  Had it NOT been a mental institution I would’ve not bothered too much but they represented the “experts”?  Oh said, “don’t trust anyone at the hospital”?  Err...if I am a patient there who do I trust then?  :(The media would’ve had a field day blowing it all up after she was caught?  And the reputation of OK Hospital being somewhere you would feel inclined to send your loved one to receive therapy would be decimated?  It just didn’t make a lot of sense in reality.  Aside from that, it was a pleasure to watch.  Oh JungSe was the stand out for me.  His portrayal of SangTae was brilliant.  I hope he gets awarded for it.  And the 2 leads - what can I say.  Eye candy and their acting did not disappoint.

On 8/13/2020 at 12:41 PM, bedifferent said:

don’t think Shi Mok and Yeo Jin ever shared a meal in restaurant together? Wonder if Shi Mok’s taste sense has changed.  I am convinced that his cranial surgery also dulled his taste buds... Don’t tell me he can now feel pleasure from connecting with someone over food! What happened over the last two years? 

They were at that tent?  Where he first smiled at her?  And she drew him the picture.  But yes I don’t remember any proper dine in restaurant  :lol:.  I remember he kept getting interrupted when he was trying to eat at the cafeteria in the Prosecutor’s Office.  And he usually dined alone.  I am a bit surprised that YeoJin is now in Admin?  Not on the beat anymore?   I wonder what the writer has in store for us this season.  She’s always been one to make me ponder so I like that about her. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1