Quantcast
glassy sound

How it is like to live on a boat?

I can imagine how it's like to live in an RV and it seems to be a nightmare to me but some people live on boats and it's just crazy, don't you think so?

I can't live in a boat. Unless there is internet allow me to watch oppa? 

• LOL 2

It's way more harder than living in RV because water is everywhere and you can't just walk and ask for help if you would need any.

i think we are hook onto the internet much lols.....and probably like most...throw me anywhere as long as i have internet lols

• LOL 1

Probably not too fun... I went on my friend's boat over the summer and even though it's on the bigger side, I felt kinda trapped. If you can easily entertain yourself and like the water, maybe?

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 4:11 AM, Chaeyoung said:

Probably not too fun... I went on my friend's boat over the summer and even though it's on the bigger side, I felt kinda trapped. If you can easily entertain yourself and like the water, maybe?

Well, for me it's like hiking or camping but on the water. Yes, you may feel trapped and isolated, but some people find such activity very relaxing, because you listen to the water and feel bonding with nature. But if you're afraid of water go just hiking or camping instead. Besides, there are so many gadgets and portable stuff which can make you feel like you're still at home. For example, you may get a solar shower like this with you to keep yourself clean during your adventures. Pretty neat. Moreover sometimes you can even catch internet signal with your phone though I don't recommend that.

Even though I got interested in boating lately, I am not sure that it would be positive experience for someone. I mean, boating itself is quite interesting once you have a boat that is good enough and some other equipment, ........where all the essential things are listed but living on a boat is a completely different thing because you'll be spending most of your time in not really a comfortable environmant comparing it to living in a house/appartment.

Edited by triplem
No commercial links allowed

I happened to travel on a cruise ship but I think it's not the same as living in a boat. Although, it's still hard. In case of emergency, you have very few ways to escape it. And not all people can resist seasickness. I happened to live in an RV though and it was hella fun. I had to concern myself with an RV insurance but it's not a big deal. And I bet it's much more enjoyable than living on a boat.