Jump to content

[Drama 2019-2020] Selection: The War Between Women, 간택 - 여인들의 전쟁


0ly40
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 12/18/2019 at 10:56 AM, rocher22 said:

Beautiful drama.

I liked both episodes. An interesting story and characters.

EB is a smart and resourceful girl.

Same as LK, who doesnt give up so easily even though there are a lot

of intrigues around him.

I like their chemistry on screen. :wub:

JH looks so naive.

I laughed when he compared the freshness of that fish with EB's beauty.

He seems to have fallen in love at first sight. :)

So pleased you enjoyed it!  Yes, i like that both our leads thus far are not stupid and we have a smart female lead and they have great chemistry in their few scenes together so far.  JH is funny so far but I think there is definitely more to this character.

 

@JilliaThanks so much for posting the Lee Kyung and Eun Bo fingers touching gif:kiss_wink:  I was trying to find a version to post on the forum but you did it!

 

On 12/18/2019 at 6:16 PM, Jillia said:

I think that might be the reason why Lee Kyung fell for Eun Bo and didn't think of Eun Ki being so different from her because in the end they shared the same qualities, just their characters or at least their way to carry themselves was different. Eun Ki certainly was a bit of a coward though not to share the information that she did have a twin sister and Lee Kyung probably fell for her sister and not her. Also I got the impression as well Eun Ki didn't really share the feelings, also simply because she carried herself so differently and even thought of Lee Kyung as rude in the way he treats her. But it was refreshing that she didn't fell head over heels for him. I also couldn't really grasp why Lee Kyung fell for Eun Bo as a kid and how he could just hope for her to enter the queen selection. I hope we get more detail on that as well.

I think Eun Ki might not have been in love with Ktung (yet?) but she efinitely liked him. Lee Kyung is young, handsome, kind, loving and you can't really make a better marriage match than the King. Majority of people in her class didn't marry for love so compared to the sort of miserable marriages many young woman were forced into (oh, and the little fact that Eun Bo being his real first love), she knew she was fortunate.  EK seems like she is the example of a good Confucian maiden: modest, demure, obedient, mostly stays indoors, follows her father's instructions, then will follow her husband, then her son etc. 

 

I do think she and Lee Kyung could have been happy together.  She was a nice person and has the right virtuous temperament to be Queen and Mother of the Nation (probably more so than a firecracker like Eun Bo) but I don't think their relationship would have been particularly passionate and he would never feel the spark lie he felt with Eun Bo.

 

I think little Lee Kyung fell for little Eun Bo because of her warmth, strong personality and the courage of her convictions which made big impression on him.  She  was kind, warm, brave (and pretty too!:lol:).  Probably he hadn't met any young girls like her before and compounded by the way things remained unfinished between them she lingered in his memory.

 

On 12/18/2019 at 6:16 PM, Jillia said:

And yes, twin sisters are certainly not a good sign. There is even a popular Korean movie on that topic (and probably many more, and we know there is a ongoing motif in many daily dramas in which there is a evil twin and a good twin). But the family didn't seem to hide Eun Bo, so I guess it wasn't THAT big of a problem. At least from what we have seen. But also it was a secret to the court because they didn't know about a twin sister. So there is that.

I wonder if they registered Eun Ki's birth as she was the older twin but Eun Bo (as the adventurous twin) is the one who usually goes out whilst Eun Ki was content to stay home.  So far we have only seen that Baek Ja Yong knows about the twins and Eun Bo but he is her father's closest friend.

 

On 12/18/2019 at 6:16 PM, Jillia said:

I'm also unsure how they want to explain Eun Bo's sudden appearance, apparently showing up as Eun Ki?? Do they want to sell it to us she is rising from the death? Or do they want to make appearances in front of Lee Kyung and for him to believe he is losing his mind because he is seeing a dead person? I'm sure Baek Ja Young is pursuing his own goals. I don't know yet how I feel about him.

I am very curious how they are going to explain her appearance and can't wait to see how everybody at court who knew what the dead Queen looked like is going to react to Eun Ki's appearance!  They are going to be shocked :w00t:  Also how they are going to portray EB deciding to enter the selection.  At the moment, she doesn't seem like the sort of person who would want to be Queen especially considering how the association with the Royal Family  has destroyed her family.  Jin Se Yeon mentioned in her character introduction that was going to be one of the harder part of playing the character (cr. @lighthoney1610 IG):
JSY: The part that i worry the most in order to express ’Eunbo’ is i think the change of mind/feeling. Eunbo who is really has no desire for power or reputation/fame through some kind of opportunity joins the ‘gantaek’. The transformation of using power to seize power, how i should express it so that the audiences can understand more and what should i act so that the audience can agree and relate.

 

I wonder about Baek Ja Young too.  I think it's interesting he is the one who keeps planting seeds of doubt about the King to Eun Bo and her father. At the moment he is a very good friend to Kang Yi Soo and is looking after Eun Bo so I will trust him..for now...

 

On 12/18/2019 at 6:16 PM, Jillia said:

I think it will be interesting to see though how Lee Kyung will learn about Eun Bo being his true love and how different she will be. Also because of her sister's death and the ill-fated end of her family. And if they actually can fall in love despite this standing between them.

Very much looking forward to the scenes of them re-connecting.  I agree that the devastation wrought on her family and guilt about Eun Ki (even if she was the wrong sister) is going to be a big obstacle for both them. 

 

New stills for episode 3.  Looks like Eun Bo and Lee Jae Hwa have another meeting:lol: :

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Translation for episode 3 preview:

Kang Yisoo’s execution has been decided under the King’s order and that makes Eunbo confused. The royal family has issued a new gantaek to cover the public’s commotion. Baek Jayong suggests to Eunbo to join the selection of the new queen. https://t.co/cTXKwF7XGN

(Credit: lighthoney1610 Twitter)

 

Incredibly gorgeous GIFs of the marriage ceremony from episode 1. I love how you can see the all the in-depth details of their accessories and clothes:

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, rocher22 said:

EB waited all night for LK to come to the meeting place.

She trusted him.

But now, because of the misunderstanding, she thinks LK is guilty

of everything.

I hope it doesnt take long. :)

 

The costumes in this drama are fantastic. 

 

Right? It's so frustrating because she trusted him but now with all the misunderstandings and people with their own agendas she is being turned against the king:( Don't want to spoiler but one particular character in episode 3 is very manipulative :angry:  Episode 3 had a lot of revelations and we see how all the different characters have their own agendas going into this Selection.

 

Agreed that the costumes are wonderful:heart:

 

Trailer for Episode 4...we are getting closer to the second Queen Selection:w00t:

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Lee Jae-Hwa pretended like a clown......  woww he is smart this guy !
I think he is the person who shot the Queen and the King.

You see he is a good shooter when he tried the guns?
He didn't know the Queen's face like everyone else,
that's why he was not surprised when he met Eun Bo.

I'm sure he's the culprit, he wants taking the throne,

I don't think it's Kim Man Chan's doing, bc the King is his nephew,

he could kill the Queen not the King !

Love triangle will begin in the future ......like in all kdramas hahahaha 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is second saeguk drama for me this year after Crowned Clown interestingly that was about a fake king and this will be about a fake queen.

 

LeeJaeHwa has an interesting relationship with BaekJaYong. I believe both share the same vision for a new Joeson ie power being in the hands of the people. That was probably what the Book of Enlightenment was about.  BaekJaYong was also the one who suggested to have LeeJaeHwa as the king's replacement. JoHeungGyeon must not have known of their relationship or anything about LeeJaeHwa when he suggested the same to the Queen Dowager because he is very much against their ideals. @diane90 LeeJaeHwa is playing it smart by faking idiotism. He, KangYiSoo and BaekJaYong share the same ideals and he spoke passionately about KangYiSoo's death so it doesn't make sense that he is the shooter. 

 

The person high on my list of suspect right now is JoHeungGyeon. JHG overheard the King's supporting KYS's ideals. 

 

To find out the culprit of the shooting BaekJaYong's plans to have EunBo pose as EunKi. I have a feeling that it is not his only reason. What was his motive in showing KYS and EunBo the petition that has 100 signatures and highlighting the fact that the king is one of the signatory that would only place doubts in KYS and EunBo about the king. Wow I'm intrigued.

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2019 at 8:10 AM, diane90 said:

So Lee Jae-Hwa pretended like a clown......  woww he is smart this guy !
I think he is the person who shot the Queen and the King.

You see he is a good shooter when he tried the guns?
He didn't know the Queen's face like everyone else,
that's why he was not surprised when he met Eun Bo.

I'm sure he's the culprit, he wants taking the throne,

I don't think it's Kim Man Chan's doing, bc the King is his nephew,

he could kill the Queen not the King !

Love triangle will begin in the future ......like in all kdramas hahahaha 

Lee Jae Hwa is smart to play dumb so nobody is threatened by him whilst he makes plans on the downlow. Do Sang Woo has never been on my radar before but i am impressed with his acting as Lee Jae Hwa especially the way he turns the country bumpkin character on and off.

I don't think LJH was the shooter as I think it would be too risky to put himself in the middle of the fight like that.  Also I don't think he has any reason to take out the Queen specifically and he seems to have a good relationship with Kang yi Soo so I don't think he would kill his daughter..

 

On 12/22/2019 at 10:27 AM, imgreatgal said:

This is second saeguk drama for me this year after Crowned Clown interestingly that was about a fake king and this will be about a fake queen.

 

LeeJaeHwa has an interesting relationship with BaekJaYong. I believe both share the same vision for a new Joeson ie power being in the hands of the people. That was probably what the Book of Enlightenment was about.  BaekJaYong was also the one who suggested to have LeeJaeHwa as the king's replacement. JoHeungGyeon must not have known of their relationship or anything about LeeJaeHwa when he suggested the same to the Queen Dowager because he is very much against their ideals. @diane90 LeeJaeHwa is playing it smart by faking idiotism. He, KangYiSoo and BaekJaYong share the same ideals and he spoke passionately about KangYiSoo's death so it doesn't make sense that he is the shooter. 

 

The person high on my list of suspect right now is JoHeungGyeon. JHG overheard the King's supporting KYS's ideals. 

 

To find out the culprit of the shooting BaekJaYong's plans to have EunBo pose as EunKi. I have a feeling that it is not his only reason. What was his motive in showing KYS and EunBo the petition that has 100 signatures and highlighting the fact that the king is one of the signatory that would only place doubts in KYS and EunBo about the king. Wow I'm intrigued.

I just finished The Crowned Clown too.  At least this time we know the reason for the Queen's doppelganger :lol:

 

I agree i'm loving how all the different factions are kind of overlapping but they all have their own beliefs, reasons and plans.  Like Jo Heung Gyeon thought he would have a puppet in Lee Jae Hwa but he doesn't realise that Lee Jae Hwa has his own plans and alliances with Baek Ja Yong. Also Baek Ja Yong is not quite as trustworthy as Eun Bo's father thought as even though he promised to protect his daughter he is deliberately telling her half truths and manipulating her against the King to stoke her desire for revenge and even putting her on the frontline in the Palace.

 

Kim Man Chan is a power hungry boor who thinks he is untouchable due to being related to the Queen but for now I think he is almost too obvious as the culprit. Like you, I also suspect Jo Heung Gyeon especially as he was the one who engineered the Kang family becoming the scapegoat for the attack on the wedding procession and he is absolutely determined his daughter will be the next Queen.

 

23 hours ago, joccu said:

i have been thinking about the king signature in the petition. Could it be that the signature is the one that Eunbo wrote when she was young?

This is interesting because some people think the signature on the petition by Kyung is fake.  I'm not sure whether it is or isn't but after episode 3 we know that Jo Heung Gyeon blackmailed him into agreeing.

 

From Lee Si Eon's instagram some of the Gantaek guys went to his home to watch Episode 4 of Gantaek last night: Kim Min Kyu (King Lee Kung), Lee Se Eon (Wal), Ahn Se Hwa (Head Eunuch Hwang) and  Kim Bum Jin (the King's bodyguard, Han Mo):D

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This drama looks alike the drama "The Moon that embraces the Sun"

disappear, reappear, shaman, King Queen meet in childhood.....

I like historical like that...romantic, imagination....not a real history

like Prince Sado, King Lee Bang Won ......bc the history is not real 100%

historians could change the story ....

I watched many kdramas but the lead main actor....it's the first time I know him

His acting is very good and his voice is weet. his dumplings too hehehe

When I watch a drama or movie, I don't search actor or actress wellknown, popular..

I'm interested only on the scrypte and the actings not actors !

and the soundtract too......in this drama , it's good the music, very......historical !

Btw, I like it, I have the good time to watch !

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone !

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally, My weekends won't be so empty anymore. I got smitten by The Drama and this Kim Min Kyu as a King - Another handsome actor as a King of Korea. Very well match with lovely Jin Se Yeon. So now that they both resurrected from death, both of them are Goblins. :D

 

I cannot wait to see the interaction of EunBo with LK in the future. Acting up as the dead Queen, how would EunBo feel when the King believes that she is the first EunKi. My excitement to see the EB's anger and the curious LK for his mysterious first wife.

And I don't think there will be a Kiss scene for while till these 2 lovely couple settle down their feeling and confusion.

 

Speaking of the title Selection: The war between women, how many ladies will be kept around King LK? 2 or 3 wives? :wub: Yay!!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great you are enjoying the drama @diane90 Welcome to the thread @PororoQueen :D

I will return to comment on your posts and this weekend's episodes.

Just wanted to post the link to the teaser for episode 5. For some reason TV Chosun have not uploaded it to YouTube yet:

https://tv.naver.com/v/11585595

 

Cute making video of cross dressing JinSeYeon from episode 4.  She makes a pretty boy :lol:

 

One of my favourite clips from episode 2 with Eun Bo running after The King visits the Buyoung agency for information

 

Gif of Eun Bo running in episode 3.  Between this and the running scene in episode 2 she has to be the most athletic girl in Joseon!  On a side note, i was glad Eun Bo brought up her mother as she seemed to have been forgotten with all the commotion around her father's imprisonment and execution.

KBS have posted some of the clips from some of the QLAW cast members guesting on JSY's food variety show earlier this month.  Kim Ming Kyu (King Lee Kyung), Do Sang Woo (Prince Lee Jae Hwa) and Ahn Se Ha (Chief Eunuch Hwang) even do some tasting and cooking with SeYeon.

KBS won't allow the videos to embed so I can only post the links. No subtitles but it's still a tasty watch!:blush:

Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjlQF9gRTck

 

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dME0k3MWtLw

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greetings greetings~ First off, I'm not a regular poster here on Soompi, but is the forum not as frequently visited as it was years ago? How come there are so few posts here when the drama is so good :(

 

Anyway, I have my doubts with the story/writing the first two episodes, but episode 3 and 4 changed my mind for the better. Oh, so many factions in the palace. I recently watched Flower Crew: Joseon's Matchmaking Agency and the politics in that one was not as complex since the drama was much lighter, but I like the politics in this one better. And I love that even though each of the characters has their ups and downs, moments where they get the upper hand, and moments where they are in dilemma/jeopardy, they don't make me feel unnecessarily frustrated (which is usually due to incredulous writing and/or plot holes).

 

Out of ALL the players in the game at the moment, I feel like the King is the only one who is playing with morals alongside his wits, and will continue to do so to the end. It's only episode 4 and he has already put himself in danger multiple times for the sake of saving others and/or justice. He made himself vulnerable trying to save BaekJaYong and YiSoo, put his own position at risk, join the hunt to find the culprit etc. Side note, BJY seems shady...He mostly blamed the King, manipulating EunBo towards hating him, all while knowing that the King did try to save them both. Once KYS admitted to writing the book, they all know there was no way the King could've overrule the law. Also side note, it was nice that the King went on the hunt himself to find his proof and eliminate KimManChan as a potential suspect by observing his actions. On the other hand, I believe all the others will at some point, and to varying degrees, portray moments of questionable morals even if they are supposed to be the 'good' ones. And I like this A LOT. It makes them more human, more dynamic than just caricatures.

 

My predictions/speculations as of ep.4:

[1] Due to misunderstandings and evil machinations, there will come a point where EunBo is going to 'betray' the King/his trust, and she's going to have to redeem herself once she knows the truth.

[2] Out of all the players, I believe the Queen Dowager is the only one on the King's side at this point, and even she (may) oppose the King's decisions if she thinks they are not in his best interest. EunBo is still on the fence. The King will lose her (Queen Dowager) at some point of the drama though, and then he'd have to rely on his own wits (plus his loyal eunuch and bodyguard) until he can get EunBo on his side 100%.

[3] LeeJaeHwa is the the "big bad" of this drama. He is currently in the lead because other than BJY, no one in the palace knows anything about his game. In comparison, the two main factions in the palace (KMC and JoHeungGyeon) are like an open book at this point. The King has no idea there is another player out there. 

[4] @imgreatgal & @raziela While I still have no idea/proof on who hired the gunmen, I would not be surprised if it was LJH/BJY. Sure, KYS was their friend/comrade, but they seem like the type to be ready to sacrifice others for the "greater good".  LJH falling for EunBo could be be genuine, with a side order of guilt. In return for KYS's sacrifice, he thought he'd make EunBo his Queen of Joseon.

[5] JoYoungJi will be a casualty somewhere down the road. She'd sacrifice herself for her father (she did mention she'd do anything for him this time around) or she'd do it for the King. She might even do it to save EunBo (moreso for the sake of saving the King's true love and making him happy, than for the sake of EunBo).

[6] Looking at the title, I suppose the drama will shift its focus from just the political camps to the drama, competition and friendships between the ladies taking part in the selection.

 

Will add more when I have more ideas :D

Edited by wizuwizu
Added no. 6
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2019 at 6:18 AM, diane90 said:

This drama looks alike the drama "The Moon that embraces the Sun"

disappear, reappear, shaman, King Queen meet in childhood.....

I like historical like that...romantic, imagination....not a real history

like Prince Sado, King Lee Bang Won ......bc the history is not real 100%

historians could change the story ....

I watched many kdramas but the lead main actor....it's the first time I know him

His acting is very good and his voice is weet. his dumplings too hehehe

When I watch a drama or movie, I don't search actor or actress wellknown, popular..

I'm interested only on the scrypte and the actings not actors !

and the soundtract too......in this drama , it's good the music, very......historical !

Btw, I like it, I have the good time to watch !

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone !

Merry Christmas!:w00t:  Yes, I definitely feel The Moon That Embraces the Sun feelings too.  Thankfully, in Queen: Love and War adult Eun Bo has just as strong personality as child Eun Bo.  One of the biggest problems I had with TMETS was how dull adult Wol was in comparison to her spunky child version played by Kim Yoo Jung.

This is Kim Min Kyu first lead role although he has been in quite a lot of dramas in supporting roles.

I love the soundtrack too:D

 

On 12/23/2019 at 7:19 AM, PororoQueen said:

Finally, My weekends won't be so empty anymore. I got smitten by The Drama and this Kim Min Kyu as a King - Another handsome actor as a King of Korea. Very well match with lovely Jin Se Yeon. So now that they both resurrected from death, both of them are Goblins. :D

 

I cannot wait to see the interaction of EunBo with LK in the future. Acting up as the dead Queen, how would EunBo feel when the King believes that she is the first EunKi. My excitement to see the EB's anger and the curious LK for his mysterious first wife.

And I don't think there will be a Kiss scene for while till these 2 lovely couple settle down their feeling and confusion.

 

Speaking of the title Selection: The war between women, how many ladies will be kept around King LK? 2 or 3 wives? :wub: Yay!!

I am looking forward to seeing their interactions at last.  We have been starved for 4 episodes!  There are so many misunderstandings to unpack between them. She thinks he banished her father in the past and killed her father in the present. Not only did Lee Kyung marry the wrong sister thinking she was Eun Bo but Eun Bo is pretending to be Eun Ki who is pretending to be Hong Yeon and Lee Kyung doesn't even know Eun Bo exists! :dizzy:  Looking forward to Eun Bo getting to know what the King is really like and realise that he actually cared about Eun Ki  and that he has been in love with Eun Bo since they were children.

 

My understanding is if this drama was being more historically accurate one Queen would be chosen and, if the King chooses to he could make the other final two ladies high ranking concubines but I don't think the drama will go down that route because it isn't romantic at all :lol:

 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, wizuwizu said:

Greetings greetings~ First off, I'm not a regular poster here on Soompi, but is the forum not as frequently visited as it was years ago? How come there are so few posts here when the drama is so good :(

 

Anyway, I have my doubts with the story/writing the first two episodes, but episode 3 and 4 changed my mind for the better. Oh, so many factions in the palace. I recently watched Flower Crew: Joseon's Matchmaking Agency and the politics in that one was not as complex since the drama was much lighter, but I like the politics in this one better. And I love that even though each of the characters has their ups and downs, moments where they get the upper hand, and moments where they are in dilemma/jeopardy, they don't make me feel unnecessarily frustrated (which is usually due to incredulous writing and/or plot holes).

Welcome to the thread :)@wizuwizu  Thanks for your insightful and (beautifully formatted:D) post.  The thread is quite small because there aren't any super popular actors in this drama and it's from a smaller cable channel that doesn't produce many dramas (TV Chosun).  I'm really happy to see thread is picking up with more people watching the drama and posting now. I am very impressed with the quality of the drama and really enjoyed episodes 1 and 2 and how they set up the plot and characters. I feel the drama really came together this weekend particularly in the exciting and riveting episode 4. 

 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, wizuwizu said:

Out of ALL the players in the game at the moment, I feel like the King is the only one who is playing with morals alongside his wits, and will continue to do so to the end. It's only episode 4 and he has already put himself in danger multiple times for the sake of saving others and/or justice. He made himself vulnerable trying to save BaekJaYong and YiSoo, put his own position at risk, join the hunt to find the culprit etc. Side note, BJY seems shady...He mostly blamed the King, manipulating EunBo towards hating him, all while knowing that the King did try to save them both. Once KYS admitted to writing the book, they all know there was no way the King could've overrule the law. Also side note, it was nice that the King went on the hunt himself to find his proof and eliminate KimManChan as a potential suspect by observing his actions. On the other hand, I believe all the others will at some point, and to varying degrees, portray moments of questionable morals even if they are supposed to be the 'good' ones. And I like this A LOT. It makes them more human, more dynamic than just caricatures.

- Totally agree with all of this particularly how the king is playing with morals and wits.  It's very refreshing.  

 

- Baek Ja Yong is indeed very shady.  Not only is he manipulating Eun Bo by not telling her the whole truth about the King trying to save her father but he is using her to further his own political agenda.

 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, wizuwizu said:

My predictions/speculations as of ep.4:

[1] Due to misunderstandings and evil machinations, there will come a point where EunBo is going to 'betray' the King/his trust, and she's going to have to redeem herself once she knows the truth.

- Agreed. Particularly with the way BYS is setting her up to hate the King and further his own agenda  It's going to be painful:tears:

- I also suspect BJY is going to use Eun Bo's mother against her at some point to coerce her into doing something.

 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, wizuwizu said:

2] Out of all the players, I believe the Queen Dowager is the only one on the King's side at this point, and even she (may) oppose the King's decisions if she thinks they are not in his best interest. EunBo is still on the fence. The King will lose her (Queen Dowager) at some point of the drama though, and then he'd have to rely on his own wits (plus his loyal eunuch and bodyguard) until he can get EunBo on his side 100%.

- I agree the Grand Royal Dowager is on Kyung's side insofar she thinks that something is in his best interests but her methods are not to his liking, for instance her willingness to throw the Kang family under the Joseon equivalent of a bus when it came to protecting Kang.  He also doesn't like her close association with Jo Heung Gyeon who he doesn't trust and he has a negative history with.

 

- Lee Kyung really does need  Eun Bo on his side because something that has become very clear in these episodes that aside from Han Mo and Eunuch Hwang there is nobody he can confide in or trust.  Not even his own mother and grandmother. He is in a very lonely and difficult position.

 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, wizuwizu said:

[3] LeeJaeHwa is the the "big bad" of this drama. He is currently in the lead because other than BJY, no one in the palace knows anything about his game. In comparison, the two main factions in the palace (KMC and JoHeungGyeon) are like an open book at this point. The King has no idea there is another player out there. 

- Very true Lee Jae Hwa is in the hidden wild card.  At the moment, everyone thinks he is the buffoon he plays so well.  I appreciate that the script is going to a lot of pains to give the character dimensions and to empathise with him.  I suspect he is going to be something of a tragic villain.

 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, wizuwizu said:

[4] @imgreatgal & @raziela While I still have no idea/proof on who hired the gunmen, I would not be surprised if it was LJH/BJY. Sure, KYS was their friend/comrade, but they seem like the type to be ready to sacrifice others for the "greater good".  LJH falling for EunBo could be be genuine, with a side order of guilt. In return for KYS's sacrifice, he thought he'd make EunBo his Queen of Joseon.

- Interesting! So you think BJY is lying about not knowing who the culprit is? i hadn't considered that as it seems so cold considering his relationship with KYS but he seems to be showing a particularly ruthless streak so it's not impossible. 

- Good point about sacrificing for the "greater good" as that's exactly what they are doing to Eun Bo right now without her knowledge of their true plans.  Eun Bo turning up alive was like an unexpected gift for him!

- I am also interested in the third member of Kang Yi Soo, Baek Ja Yong's trio: Hong Ki Ho.  He is the real Hong Yeon's father and he seems to be more moderate than BJY.  The character synopsis also mentions that he will become like a father to Eun Bo so I suspect he may start to disagree with BJY's methods and using EB.

- I wasn't sure if Lee Jae Hwa's feelings were sincere but after episode 4 I do think he has genuinely fallen for her.  I don't believe guilt is part of it as he doesn't even know the girl he likes so much IS Eun Bo.  I think it's going to be a genuine blow to him when he realises, not only has he has sent her into directly danger, but he has sent her directly into the King's arms.

 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, wizuwizu said:

[5] JoYoungJi will be a casualty somewhere down the road. She'd sacrifice herself for her father (she did mention she'd do anything for him this time around) or she'd do it for the King. She might even do it to save EunBo (moreso for the sake of saving the King's true love and making him happy, than for the sake of EunBo).

- I took Jo Young Ji mentioning she would do anything for father was as long as it means it will make her Queen this time.  i must say you have a far more generous opinion of JYJ than me!:lol: I don't see her sacrificing herself for anyone but The King as she seems to be obsessed with him.  I feel like she will do anything to be by the King's side even if she knows his heart lies belongs to someone else (Eun Bo)

 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, wizuwizu said:

[6] Looking at the title, I suppose the drama will shift its focus from just the political camps to the drama, competition and friendships between the ladies taking part in the selection.

- I am looking forward to seeing more of the selection.  I loved the selection scenes in episode 4 and seeing the interactions between all the girls. I also just love seeing a drama covering such an fascinating  and important process that we rarely see in much detail onscreen. It's so interesting!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

KMK just posted a birthday (and Christmas) greeting on his Instagram.  Looks like he was working on his birthday but at least he got a birthday cake:blush:

 Beautiful fan MV for our sort of love triangle Kyungx Eun Bo/Eun ki:heart:

 

  • Like 3
  • Awesome 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect LK and EB will have more scenes together now that she's in the palace. 

 

I like how cautious LK is and how he always tries to come to terms with 

those ministers.

And then again when needed he shows his strength as a king.

With a smile and tea.  :)

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im glad EB didnt immediately believe the King was the culprit.

She thinks with her head and looks for evidence.

 

It seems to me that JH is genuinely in love with EB.

Of course he wont be happy when he finds out she's in the

selection for the Kings wife. 

 

I like the scenes between those girls who are in the selection process.

They all have their own desires and hopes.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..