Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Selection: The War Between Women, 간택 - 여인들의 전쟁

You know I somehow think Kyung knows that EB is not EK at least at the back of his mind. But I think he is willing to accept it face value because I suspect his guilt is immense.

Surprisingly I must admit I'm not too fussed on the dreams etc because looking at overall flow~ it makes sense :)

1 hour ago, lizzyd said:

@razielaI would rather it be Young Ji because at least she loves him. With Eun Bo positioned to crush his heart it would be sad to have him marry someone who only wants to use him. I’m hoping that for the last test, Eun Bo will put in her box that what she’s willing to give up is the military power being offered to the chosen queen and then with that she will win and he can just marry her and they can kiss and cuddle for the remaining 6 eps. 

I am happy that Eun Bo is finally falling for the king. I don’t think Eun Ki had any feelings for him. 

I agree with you - I think EK sensed that the king knew EB. And that thread connecting her to EB was important to her. I am not convinced that EK loved Kyung.

Somehow for me, I find YJ rather pathetic figure....in the end, for her goals, she is willing to allow the others to die. Imagine GP almost killed Kyung and murdered the Queen, in her mind, it's all acceptable as long as she gets what she wants...

i am not convinced she loves him to be honest.....it's more a fixation and that she covets him.....

:DThat's my read of the scenarios at least!^_^

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@PrincessMe2515He did mention that something about her eyes/gaze is different but considering the ban on twins due to the prophecy, I’m sure he couldn’t imagine that they are different people. Luckily he has shown he can and will forgive Eun Bo for everything so I hope the angst will be minimal and we will see more dimples. They did say they have a lot of scenes together in later eps. 

@raziela You’re right, she has an irrational crush on him because he helped her when she was little and also because he’s handsome probably. It’s similar to

The prince’s reaction to/feelings for Eun Bo. He really knows nothing about her other than that she’s the prettiest woman he has ever met. At least for Kyung and Eun Bo the day they spent together as children revealed quite a lot about themselves to each other. He knows she’s a little wild but brave and loyal. I do wonder if she had grown up to be ugly if he’d still love her. Hahahah

Eun Ki definitely knew that the king was referring to Eun Bo because she had the jade flower thing and I’m sure her twin told her about the meeting. She didn’t love the king. She barely knew him. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, lizzyd said:

@razielaI would rather it be Young Ji because at least she loves him. With Eun Bo positioned to crush his heart it would be sad to have him marry someone who only wants to use him. I’m hoping that for the last test, Eun Bo will put in her box that what she’s willing to give up is the military power being offered to the chosen queen and then with that she will win and he can just marry her and they can kiss and cuddle for the remaining 6 eps. 

I am happy that Eun Bo is finally falling for the king. I don’t think Eun Ki had any feelings for him. 

It will be a very miserable for Young Ji because she will always be in one-sided love.  Song Yi's reasons for the marriage are standard as royal marriages were a business transaction back then so I don't think Kyung would have an issue with it.  He was doing the same during this second selection; until he saw Eun Bo he was just getting married because he had to for appearance sake. Kyung as a King marrying Eun Ki for love was actually more unusual!  I think his main issue would be not liking Song Yi's personality much lol:lol: He definitely doesn't take after the Kim side of his bloodline, thank goodness!

It's adorable seeing the growth of Eun Bo's feelings for the King now she realises he liked her all along.  It would be nice to have more insight into how Eun Ki felt about Kyung too.  I don't think she was in love but she did like him because he is a likebale (and handsome!) man.

I like your suggestion about what Eun Bo says she is willing to give up. I read a similar suggestion on Weibo too and they also mentioned by doing that she also removes herself from being a pawn for Baek Ja Yong. Good!B)  I definitely love your suggestion for the remaining six episodes. Kissing and cuddling for the next six episodes. I would be completely happy with that :love:  Episode 9 is going to be a frustrating one with Eun Bo arrested and Kyung trying to find the real culprit:angry: I hope they can clear it up quickly.  At least we know we have some Kyungbo dating and horse-riding to look forward in these episodes:wub:

3 hours ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

You know I somehow think Kyung knows that EB is not EK at least at the back of his mind. But I think he is willing to accept it face value because I suspect his guilt is immense.

Surprisingly I must admit I'm not too fussed on the dreams etc because looking at overall flow~ it makes sense :)

I agree with you - I think EK sensed that the king knew EB. And that thread connecting her to EB was important to her. I am not convinced that EK loved Kyung.

Somehow for me, I find YJ rather pathetic figure....in the end, for her goals, she is willing to allow the others to die. Imagine GP almost killed Kyung and murdered the Queen, in her mind, it's all acceptable as long as she gets what she wants...

i am not convinced she loves him to be honest.....it's more a fixation and that she covets him.....

:DThat's my read of the scenarios at least!^_^

I agree Kyung knows something isn't quite the same which is why he basically said to her he knows she is lying about something but as you said he feels so guilty and he is so relieved to have her back that he will overlook it.

Yes about your comments on  Young Ji! I think her feelings are closer to obsession than love.  She is completely fixated on him and doesn't care about anyone or anything else as long as she gets what she wants.

Some explanation for the 10 month age difference and way they address each from the vLive (as mentioned by @Lilona in her post above translating their vLive):D

(translation from lighthoney1610 IG)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@lizzyd

I know right LOL!!!!!! - easiest Saquek romantic trope! I count 100 days my prince and moon embracing the sun, etc etc (list is endlessss..............) having this. I think it's hard for them to do otherwise because of how little time they have........... otherwise adult characters falling in love in a 16 ep drama! challengin unless you have long episodes and ignore other plot points. :D

And I do find it sort of adorables that Kyung fell in love with EB (@raziela hahhahahahah thanks for correcting!). Think given her personality, it was maybe like a huriccane hitting him all at once!:wub::wub: She is memorable we have to admit

@raziela

Omg, my OTP heart is shipping!!! Lol, kiddign! they are adorables together! hahaha my laugh first things today:wub:

Btw - as a new point, the actress playing Kyung's mother.....is it just me or is her acting slightly painful to watch...............i find her reactions and acting odd....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

And I do find it sort of adorables that Kyung fell in love with Kyung. Think given her personality, it was maybe like a huriccane hitting him all at once!:wub::wub: She is memorable we have to admit

Hee hee!  i think you mean fell in love with Eun Bo, no?  Kyung is very awesome but I don't know if her  is in love with himself:lol::lol::lol:  It  definitely was like a hurricane for him and it was adorable how he fell for her and was waiting for her for 10 years.  He was so excited in Episode 1 when he found her (or thought he had) and such a lovestruck puppy when Eun ki (Eun Bo!) reappeared for the second selection and now she has revealed herself to him.  Such a faithful man :wub::wub::wub:

Omg, my OTP heart is shipping!!! Lol, kiddign! they are adorables together! hahaha my laugh first things today:wub:

:blush:

Btw - as a new point, the actress playing Kyung's mother.....is it just me or is her acting slightly painful to watch...............i find her reactions and acting odd....

I think it's because she has had lots of plastic surgery and botox so her face looks odd especially when she is trying to show emotions.  However, I think it almost works because the Queen mother is so annoying, shallow and manipulative like when she is trying  to act sick (whilst Kyung and his grandmother are rolling their eyes at her foolishness:lol:) so her face kind of goes along with her fake personality (sorry to actress Cho Eun Sook:ph34r:)

Text preview for Episode 9 (credit lighthoney1610 IG for translation):

Spoiler

The royal palace turned upside down when Eunbo was named as the culprit behind the murder of the court lady. Kyung is in shocked when all the evidences point to Eunbo. In the end, the third round is temporarily suspended and Eunbo is being taken to the Uijeongbu. Eunbo who’s being locked up heard the situation from Wal and found out she is being framed. Eunbo through Wal, informed her false charge to Baek Jayong and Great Dowager. At the unfamiliar and fearful place, Kyung’s face came across in her mind, her heart is weakened by that.
Meanwhile, Kyung remembered in his dream the night before there is one woman hiding in Eunbo’s place. He suspected Songyi and Youngji but there is no concrete evidence. The ministers pressed Kyung to question Eunbo. Kyung managed to find the woman who hide the poison in Eunbo’s bag. Because of that the real culprit behind the murder of the court lady is revealed.

Short but sweet viki interview^_^:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

Wow that text preview basically translates entire eppie

It sure does. I think it’s supposed to be hidden under the spoiler function so we don’t get in trouble. 

@PrincessMe2515 @raziela

I agree that the king’s mom is a terrible actress and her plastic surgery face is scary to me, especially with the too wide eyes. 

I know that both of the other two candidates would not be compatible with the king’s personality but realistically it’s unlikely the king would have only one wife anyway. I appreciate how he respects and goes along with Eun Bo’s choices even if he doesn’t agree. I really hope they get a happy ending. I also can’t decide what his grandmother is up to too. I hope she is on his side. She didn’t seem as upset as she should have been when he died at the beginning. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

34 minutes ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

Wow that text preview basically translates entire eppie

:lol::lol::lol:I think (hope) that's just the first half of the episode because in the preview for last week we also saw a KyungBo hug:wub:, the the Grand Royal Dowager and Queen Mother and other ladies judging the selection-_-, Minister Jo closing in on the real Hong Yeon and threatening Kyung:angry:

ETA: I have put the text preview in a spoiler bar now

New article and points to look forward to:

(credit lighthoney1610 IG for translation)

• Like 4

i am so excited - i feel conflicted about weekends now. on the one hand, i want to last longer but then again if it does it will be longer before I can watch the series:tears:

3 hours ago, lizzyd said:

It sure does. I think it’s supposed to be hidden under the spoiler function so we don’t get in trouble. 

@PrincessMe2515 @raziela

I agree that the king’s mom is a terrible actress and her plastic surgery face is scary to me, especially with the too wide eyes. 

I know that both of the other two candidates would not be compatible with the king’s personality but realistically it’s unlikely the king would have only one wife anyway. I appreciate how he respects and goes along with Eun Bo’s choices even if he doesn’t agree. I really hope they get a happy ending. I also can’t decide what his grandmother is up to too. I hope she is on his side. She didn’t seem as upset as she should have been when he died at the beginning. 

Yup i get the comic angle but her expressions are painful to watch......

I agree that its unrealistic that kings only have one women only......I'd really like to see more of their interactions , think that would allow us to better understand the attraction...........

fascniating to watch the hero being all in and the heroine the one ambiguous..

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@raziela, thanks for posting the translated preview under the spoiler and the pictures of the OTP’s second outings, because a week is a long time for us eager fans to wait.

The plot is moving along quickly.  The latest setup for EB will be resolved in the next episode.  I hope to see  more scenes of our OTP together.

I think the King will forgive EB even EB has lied to him about her true identity “twin”.  He has been just ecstatic that EK is alive and has come back to him, and because of that, he’ll forgive her. He would also understand the dilemma EB is in, being one of the twins at a time when having twins was not allowed.  I wonder if the former king killed all twins, merely based on a prophecy by a shaman that twins will bring a downfall to his reign.

According to the lady shaman,  using  the dream power to foresee the future will take a tow on the king's health.  I hope this is not to foreshadow that the king will die, but perhaps to let EB know how unconditional and deep is the king's love for her.

I like the director’s attention to the fine details, for example, the king slides his hand down to hold EB’s hand outside the little shop and  EB’s face blushed (cheeks goes from pale to pink) after seeing the king when she’s on the way to the final challenge.

I look forward to this weekend’s episodes and hope to see OTP’s second outings to be a happy.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

New stills for episode 9:bawling::bawling::bawling:

10 hours ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

i am so excited - i feel conflicted about weekends now. on the one hand, i want to last longer but then again if it does it will be longer before I can watch the series:tears:

Yup i get the comic angle but her expressions are painful to watch......

I agree that its unrealistic that kings only have one women only......I'd really like to see more of their interactions , think that would allow us to better understand the attraction...........

fascniating to watch the hero being all in and the heroine the one ambiguous..

I am the same about the weekends. So wrapped up in this drama:lol:

I know only one woman for a King is unrealistic but I prefer the suspension of disbelief:lol:

Agreed. It is nice to see a bit of a role reversal where the hero-especially a king- is the romantic, devoted one and the heroine is more guarded.

2 hours ago, kdramafan1 said:

@raziela, thanks for posting the translated preview under the spoiler and the pictures of the OTP’s second outings, because a week is a long time for us eager fans to wait.

The plot is moving along quickly.  The latest setup for EB will be resolved in the next episode.  I hope to see  more scenes of our OTP together.

I think the King will forgive EB even EB has lied to him about her true identity “twin”.  He has been just ecstatic that EK is alive and has come back to him, and because of that, he’ll forgive her. He would also understand the dilemma EB is in, being one of the twins at a time when having twins was not allowed.  I wonder if the former king killed all twins, merely based on a prophecy by a shaman that twins will bring a downfall to his reign.

According to the lady shaman,  using  the dream power to foresee the future will take a tow on the king's health.  I hope this is not to foreshadow that the king will die, but perhaps to let EB know how unconditional and deep is the king's love for her.

I like the director’s attention to the fine details, for example, the king slides his hand down to hold EB’s hand outside the little shop and  EB’s face blushed (cheeks goes from pale to pink) after seeing the king when she’s on the way to the final challenge.

I look forward to this weekend’s episodes and hope to see OTP’s second outings to be a happy.

You're welcome!:)

AGreed.  I think the King will forgive her anything.  Although, he might be hurt and confused at first especially as having to hide was the fault of the prophecy.

I wonder when the king will reveal his dreams to Eun Bo. I am very worried about the lady shaman's foreshadowing about the King's health:ph34r:

Yes,, I love those little details. Kyung made EB blush the same way when they were children and now making her blush as an adult:wub:Did you see the making video with the hand holding scene, though? It was hilarious as KMK couldn't get it quite right at first:lol:

• Like 2

I feel the same way- looking forward to more eps but dreading when the show will end. This is why I never watch live dramas. I don’t have the patience. I wake up at crack of dawn just to peek at bits of the ep while waiting for the subs to come out. 

Spoiler

Re: the preview for ep 10, if that kiss doesn’t happen tomorrow I’m going to explode! Also, I’m sad for her that it appears she won’t be queen but at this point, they’d just poison or shoot her (again) if she becomes queen. I’m curious about her referring to herself as the king’s woman. In Chinese dramas you only say that after you’ve slept together but I’m guessing korean sageuks are diff. 

• Like 4

Left Minister Jo is not smart, he should attact EB secretly, not directly like that !

Bc the person who will suffer in the future is.....his daughter !

If she's selected as Queen, LK will nerver love her even hate her;

now, he doesn't love her but he has sympathy for her bc they knew each other when they were children !

if she's selected as Queen ?!! he will do as Lee Hwon in The moon that embraces the sun

he pretends he is weak, ill....he can't live with her, sleep with her.....

the shaman can be the witness bc he already talked with her about his promethic dreams ...

You will see....there are many things alikes between 2 dramas , it's normal...

Korea has , maybe, mant good actors & actresses but there are not much good writers !!!

For ex : between My love comes from the stars and Goblin....there are many thing alikes too !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Preview 10

Spoiler

LK: You must bring back Kang Yi Soo’s wife safely. 

Eunuch: May I ask if the dream didn’t happen this time?
LK: I seem to have changed the dream. 
EB: Don’t trouble yourself?? for me. I’m already the King’s woman. This will just make the situation between you and the king difficult. 
Then the rest is the prince (is he really a prince?) handing over some drug that paralyzes you and then the other guy saying you want to send EB to secretly assassinate.... Prince says to EB you want to avenge your father right? She asks how he knows and he says that the person her father supported to be king is him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Trying not to spoil myself too much whilst I wait for subtitles.  Just updating with KMK and JSY cute posts from this morning:

Disclaimer: I used an online translator so translations might be incorrect:sweatingbullets:)

Translation: Join EunBo today too!♥

Translation: Everyone is preparing to watch it? Let's go save Eunbo:angry:

• Like 2

9th ep just broke my fragile heart. Poor Kyung... I even cried...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Trailer for Episode 10:

A lot is going to happen in tomorrow's episode!

Beautiful Kyungbo still from Episode 10:heart::heart::heart:

• Like 2

I’m getting annoyed with the king for being useless. I know he’s young and new but how does he have NO allies? He’s always 10 steps behind the villains and running around making promises he cannot keep. Yes, it’s good to be honorable but sometimes you need to play dirty to win. He’s lucky these villains are so simple-minded. It’s also a good thing he’s so gorgeous because at this point I’m not sure I’d want to be his queen if I were Eun Bo. You’d end up dead before you get a chance to enjoy your handsome husband. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

I think the issue is that Kyung is very young. From watching historiccals and chinese dramas, Kings need time to build their power base and establish their reigns. Hence, their beginning are often quite volatile and tumultous. 

At this point, Kyung has a powerful maternal family but the issue is that they are concemtrated on building a future liferline and not so much on him. He has no "hold" over them.Some kings use fear and some use brutality and other use their vision but as always they need to establish that :) Kyung has not really had that time. This is compounded if his father has died young and he is coming from out a long regency - nobles grow complacent................^_^.

This is my two cents on this :)

Source: My opinion based on watching endless historical dramas and reading history.:D:sweatingbullets:

11 hours ago, lizzyd said:

Preview 10

Hide contents

LK: You must bring back Kang Yi Soo’s wife safely. 

Eunuch: May I ask if the dream didn’t happen this time?
LK: I seem to have changed the dream. 
EB: Don’t trouble yourself?? for me. I’m already the King’s woman. This will just make the situation between you and the king difficult. 
Then the rest is the prince (is he really a prince?) handing over some drug that paralyzes you and then the other guy saying you want to send EB to secretly assassinate.... Prince says to EB you want to avenge your father right? She asks how he knows and he says that the person her father supported to be king is him. 

EB is already half in love with the King....I highly doubt that at this stage/point she is going to assasinate anyone on their behalf...#sorrynotsorry ....when her anger was fresh yes, now no - unless EB goes through some noble idiocy phase .or the writters have a brain fart.....but would be out of character given her character arc.

Another issue...come on one king is the same as another king...why on earth if her father is a revolutionary would EVEN support another king.

Like seriously they are teasing us cant they just tell us WHAT WAS SO CONTROVERSIAL about that BOOK.!:crazy:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1