[Drama 2019-2020] Selection: The War Between Women, 간택 - 여인들의 전쟁

0ly40

On 12/26/2019 at 7:00 PM, rocher22 said:

I suspect LK and EB will have more scenes together now that she's in the palace. 

I like how cautious LK is and how he always tries to come to terms with 

those ministers.

And then again when needed he shows his strength as a king.

With a smile and tea.  :)

Yes, I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait to see the different feeling of their relationship now it actually is the girl he fell in love with. Fierce and brave Eun Bo rather than ladylike and gentle Eun Ki.

I do love how smart and tactical Lee Kyung is being.  He might seem weak at first but he is just very careful and doesn't show his hand too soon.  It was so amusing how he manipulated Kim Man Chan during their little drink session.

On 12/26/2019 at 11:05 PM, rocher22 said:

Im glad EB didnt immediately believe the King was the culprit.

She thinks with her head and looks for evidence.

It seems to me that JH is genuinely in love with EB.

Of course he wont be happy when he finds out she's in the

selection for the Kings wife. 

I like the scenes between those girls who are in the selection process.

They all have their own desires and hopes.

I am relieved about that too because Baek Ja Yong keeps trying to push the blame on him for Eun Ki's death but even with her resentment of the King (also fueled by BJY :angry:) she is still looking for subjective evidence to find the culprit rather than just blaming the King.

Agreed about Lee Jae Hwa.  At first I thought he had a crush on her but mainly was interested because he thought she would be useful for information.  However, after episode 4 and their talk about hiding and tripping rude people up I believe his feelings are genuine and he is in love with her.  He is going to be very upset when he finds out she is part of the Selection - especially as he was part of the scheme to put her there and by the king's side.

The Selection scenes are great.  Love all the girl's different personalities and interactions. Kim Song Yi is going to be a fun antagonist so nasty and arrogant! I enjoy a good b!*(hy character especially as we know Eun Bo isn't going to lie down and take it.  KSY definitely she isn't used to somebody like Eun Bo who isn't easily intimidated and talks back 

I'm not sure of their names yet but I already like the two candidates Eun Bo has made friends with that helped with the embroidery. 

So far Jo Young Ji seems kind of dumb and weak but I think she is going to be competition for Eun Bo. She is spoiled, fixated on the King and there is her very ambitious father.  Also JYJ already gained a point in her favour during the selection introduction where the Grand Royal Dowager praised her for repairing the skirt with embroidery rather than throwing it away.  The audience knows the embroidery was actually Eun Bo's idea and Eun Bo and the other two candidates did the embroidery.  Embroidery was one of the few skills Joseon women were allowed to excel at so the beautifully repaired skirt makes it look like JYJ is skilled, hard-working and economical (all very good attributes for a future Queen) but actually JYJ had nothing to do with it.  All JYJ did was cry and sit around.  Eun Bo deserves the credit. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/609/0000223698

Sadly, TV Chosun is not airing the drama this weekend (28-29 December) :bawling: I think to get ahead with filming and because of special New Year programming but they will be repeating episodes 1&2 this Saturday and episodes 3&4 on Sunday.  Episodes 5 and 6 will air on the 4th and 5th January 2020.

My feelings after hearing the news we have to wait an extra week for the next episodes:bawling:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, wilis2451 said:

@raziela ohhh im so sorry, i dont know that :( i've been joining soompi forum long time ago but rarely open and put a comment in the forum. so i dont know how to put spoiler bar :( how to do that? 

It's OK! No need to apologise! It's great you like the drama so much you came back after a long time to comment in the thread :blush:

To hide in a spoiler bar:

Select the 'Edit' button

Highlight the picture/text you want to hide.

Then, in the format bar at the top of the reply box you select the icon on the far right that looks like an EYE and it will hide the information in a spoiler bar.

Save

OR

Select the 'Edit' button

Select the EYE icon and an empty spoiler bar will appear and you canc cut and paste the info into it

Save

Hope this helps!^_^

Thank you @wilis2451 I hope you come back and post on the thread!:)

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

Granted it is hinted at in:

Reveal hidden contents

the main poster, so... :D

It is a pretty significant spoiler because in the main poster

Spoiler

Eun Bo is depicted as Lee Kyung's Queen. She is dressed as his Queen in a Queen's dangui (the top), skirt and has the married hairstyle with a dragon binyeo (hairpin).

In today's spoiler pics she is wearing the dangui, skirt and binyeo of a Royal concubine which means Eun Bo lost at the selection and somebody else is married to Lee Kyung and is his Queen.

TV Chosun finally posted the teaser for episode 5.  One more week to wait!

New Year banner of our OTP!

BTS for episode 3

10 hours ago, Jillia said:

It's just:

Hide contents

not really a secret that Eun Bo will end up in the palace (for her revenge) and it was pretty clear she won't end up as Queen because that would probably come across as too convenient and would make the ministers even more suspicious. I mean I still think it makes no sense to have her stand in as her dead sister. But I let the drama surprise me.

Also, I know about the difference between Queen attire and concubine attire. :)

But in general of course spoilers belong in spoiler tags.

I understand you...

Spoiler

...but not everyone has reached the same conclusion.  I've seen plenty of viewers talking about the drama who think Eun Bo is going to win this Queen Selection.  Also a lot of people don't know the difference between the two types of attire. I've seen other responses elsewhere who thought she was dressed as Queen in the spoiler pics. That's why I asked if we could hide it as it will be a spoiler for plenty of people:)

@raziela : you know Wol's case is different Eun Bo's: Eun Bo just lost her family but she didn't loose her mind,

she rebembers everything ...one thing I don't understand that she lives in Hangyang (?) but why she didn't go

finding her family sooner ?????

When Woj : she came from the grave, the dead....she lost not only her family but her memories ! she thought that

she's is a shaman, her family abandonned her...When Wol is forbidden to go out; Eun Bo goes anywhere, meets 

anyone she want...so they are different for sure !

In TMETS, King's Mother is good but his grand-mother is the bad one and she has the power, 

and here, Lee Kyung is lucky that The Queen Dowager  has the power, swart and she is by his side !

I think Lee Kyung wants protecting Eun Bo , that he thinks Eun KI, his Quuen, so why he wants keeping her by his side!

But Eun Bo's father made a great fault by writing this book... changing Joseaon ! It's very serious crime : it's a treason!

Like in drama Love in the moonlight, Lee Hoon can't get married to Ra On bc her father is a rebel !

or in Rookie historian GHR....they killed even The King bc he wants changing Joeson !

The confucians didn't accept it !

So now, Lee Kyung can't take her as Quuen, he makes her his Concubin .

So even Eun Bo and Lee Kyung find the shooter who kill them; I dont think it will make her as Quuen either....

except Lee Kyung will change...Joseon....it's very a hard thing to do in the future

. We'll wait !

On 12/28/2019 at 11:05 AM, diane90 said:

@raziela : you know Wol's case is different Eun Bo's: Eun Bo just lost her family but she didn't loose her mind,

she rebembers everything ...one thing I don't understand that she lives in Hangyang (?) but why she didn't go

finding her family sooner ?????

When Woj : she came from the grave, the dead....she lost not only her family but her memories ! she thought that

she's is a shaman, her family abandonned her...When Wol is forbidden to go out; Eun Bo goes anywhere, meets 

anyone she want...so they are different for sure !

In TMETS, King's Mother is good but his grand-mother is the bad one and she has the power, 

and here, Lee Kyung is lucky that The Queen Dowager  has the power, swart and she is by his side !

I think Lee Kyung wants protecting Eun Bo , that he thinks Eun KI, his Quuen, so why he wants keeping her by his side!

But Eun Bo's father made a great fault by writing this book... changing Joseaon ! It's very serious crime : it's a treason!

Like in drama Love in the moonlight, Lee Hoon can't get married to Ra On bc her father is a rebel !

or in Rookie historian GHR....they killed even The King bc he wants changing Joeson !

The confucians didn't accept it !

So now, Lee Kyung can't take her as Quuen, he makes her his Concubin .

So even Eun Bo and Lee Kyung find the shooter who kill them; I dont think it will make her as Quuen either....

except Lee Kyung will change...Joseon....it's very a hard thing to do in the future

. We'll wait !

Eun Bo did have amnesia.  The Head Shaman said she was rescued from the sea and had no memories.  Her memory only started to come back at the end of Episode 1 when Baek Ja Yong found her and she saw her father again.  Eun Bo just has a strong, assertive and inquisitive personality just like when she was a child-even with her memory loss.  TMETS Wol seemed like a different person to her younger version but I think the writing of the character just wasn't good. They made her adult version so passive even when she regained her memory.

Eun Bo's family were exiled to Jeju 10 years ago as her father was considered a bad influence on the scholars. That was where they were going on the ship when she was separated from her family as a child. The petition Jo Heung Gyeon blackmailed little Lee Kyung into signing was to have Eun Bo's father sent away. The Kang family only returned to Hanyang 6 months ago-just before Eun Ki entered the Queen selection process.

I think once they have cleared her family's name Lee Kyung will find a way to make Eun Bo his Queen. He doesn't want anyone else and we have already seen Lee Kyung is very progressive. Plus this is fantasy fusion sageuk so the story can take some liberties:lol:!

Thanks @Jillia  I think that picture of the Queen Dowager must be for the marriage ceremony.  Looks like the Queen will actually make it to the palace this time!

On 12/28/2019 at 1:08 PM, wilis2451 said:

this may contain another spoiler. lets just wait till the airing date hahaha

Thank you @wilis2451 Looking forward to those scenes:wub:  It must be so strange filming romantic scenes with, not only the drama staff watching you, but members of the public too:relaxed:

On 12/28/2019 at 2:07 PM, wilis2451 said:

another cast last filming (Kang Joo Hee). I dont know what role did she take

I recognise her! I remember because the vivid purple colour of her hanbok stood out to me lol!:lol:  She is one of the women who is helping to judge the Gantaek selection.  

On 12/28/2019 at 2:40 PM, rocher22 said:

I didnt expect such a twist. :o

But that will make the whole story even more interesting. 

It's definitely going to be interesting!

On 12/28/2019 at 6:05 PM, Jillia said:

Haven't watched the episode yet... but I'm really curious how this is going to play out between Lee Kyung and Eun Bo. :D

Thank you! I really love that gif. They are finally face to face! :wub: We will have to wait another week to see what happens :bawling: 

I think Eun Bo will be surprised that Kyung actually seems to care about her sister (and her). Hope that will make her start to question Baek Ja Yong's attitude towards him.

One of my favourite parts from episode 4. Eun Bo learning to act like a lady of the selection:D

Thanks @raziela :) - Annyeong chingus!

Yeah I'm disappointed that there is no ep 5&6 this weekend....But I see the other current drama is airing tho.

Anyhow, to kill the boredom - I would like to write my impression of episode 1. Actually it was scary to watch dead bodies (King and Queen) for the most part :D, they're in white clothes and pale  - I was thinking why on earth the main lead King die early on first episode. Thanks GOD it's not gonna be a zombie type of drama ..LOL

So, the cliffhanger scene at the end of ep 4, when the King LK was holding EB's hand to see her face, what do you guys think the first words King LK would say:

- "Eun Ki -ya!!"  or

- "Lady Hong Yeon ?" or

- "Holy mother ghost, you're alive!" or

-  No words, the King fainted

8 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

So, the cliffhanger scene at the end of ep 4, when the King LK was holding EB's hand to see her face, what do you guys think the first words King LK would say:

- "Eun Ki -ya!!"  or

- "Lady Hong Yeon ?" or

I think he'd go "Eun...Eun-Ki?" But before she can respond the Queen Dowager would chastise him for disrupting the ceremony. Meanwhile, the other candidates are seething with incredulity, envy and anger :rolleyes:

It is weird how the king loves Eunki because he think she is Eunbo. Now the king will like Eunbo as he think she is Eunki. Even though the beginning the one he like is Eunbo. 

Why do I feel like the father's friend is the real fox. His vibe is off. 

14 hours ago, diane90 said:

WHATTTTTTT ???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It didn't air yesterday, ep 5 ??????????????

WHY ??????????????????!!!!!!!!!

I think because of New Year TV scheduling and give the production staff some extra filming and production time.

13 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Thanks @raziela :) - Annyeong chingus!

Yeah I'm disappointed that there is no ep 5&6 this weekend....But I see the other current drama is airing tho.

Anyhow, to kill the boredom - I would like to write my impression of episode 1. Actually it was scary to watch dead bodies (King and Queen) for the most part :D, they're in white clothes and pale  - I was thinking why on earth the main lead King die early on first episode. Thanks GOD it's not gonna be a zombie type of drama ..LOL

:joy::joy::joy:

13 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

- "Eun Ki -ya!!"  or

- "Lady Hong Yeon ?" or

:lol::lol::lol:  This is fun!  My guess is a combination of 1 and 3 but I think he will call her "Queen"

@wizuwizu The other candidates are definitely going to be seething.

I am actually wondering how Eun Bo is going to react.  Is she going to keep up the Hong Yeon pretense or start acting like Eun Ki in front of him?

7 hours ago, wilis2451 said:

today's filming! :D aaaa i love minkyu's smile hahahaha

Thank you for the picture!  Nice they are getting lots of coffee trucks to help them keep warm in the freezing cold!  Does anyone know how coffee trucks work? Like, do they still have to pay for the drinks?

Nice to see the Grand Royal Dowager's actress (Jung Ae Ri) in the third slide.  She was hospitalised after a car accident on the 12th (same day as the press conference)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1371283wpp/jung-ae-ri-sustains-minor-injuries-in-car-accident 

I wasn't sure if she had returned to filming yet.  Good to see she is back and smiling:)

1 hour ago, Blackend said:

It is weird how the king loves Eunki because he think she is Eunbo. Now the king will like Eunbo as he think she is Eunki. Even though the beginning the one he like is Eunbo. 

LOL! It's such a brain twister. The King liked Eun Ki because he thought she was the girl he fell in love with even though Eun Ki doesn't remember him and doesn't behave like the Eun Bo he fell in love with.  Now back from the dead Eun Ki is going to start behaving like the girl he had fallen in love with!  The king is going to be even more confused than ever or maybe wonder if Eun Ki has multiple personalities:lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Blackend said:

Why do I feel like the father's friend is the real fox. His vibe is off. 

I agree he isn't trustworthy.  He is telling her a very skewed version of events and manipulating her emotions.  Fortunately, Eun Bo is a smart girl and isn't blindly believing everything he is telling her like pinning her sister's death on him. Unfortunately, he is all Eun Bo has right now and the only link to her family:( 

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Thank you for the picture!  Nice they are getting lots of coffee trucks to help them keep warm in the freezing cold!  Does anyone know how coffee trucks work? Like, do they still have to pay for the drinks?

Ooohh I've been wondering about this as well. Fans and fellow celebrities often send food/coffee trucks to filming locations, but how does the payment works? Do the sender pay for a set amount of food/beverages? E.g. only 100 cups of coffee and sandwiches, so the truck would only serve that much. Do the actors/crew members enjoy the trucks given that they'd (I assume) be provided with craft services? :lol:

15 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Thanks GOD it's not gonna be a zombie type of drama ..LOL

Would be so unique though if the Prince came back as a zombie a la R in Warm Bodies :w00t: He still has his feelings and emotions, except he also drools over brains now

Another of my favourite scenes from Episode 4. So intense and heart-fluttering!:wub:

Lee Kyung catches a glimpse of Eun Bo for the first time (and his attendants think he is going crazy. I think at this point Lee Kyung is beginning to think so too:tears:):

3 hours ago, wizuwizu said:

Ooohh I've been wondering about this as well. Fans and fellow celebrities often send food/coffee trucks to filming locations, but how does the payment works? Do the sender pay for a set amount of food/beverages? E.g. only 100 cups of coffee and sandwiches, so the truck would only serve that much. Do the actors/crew members enjoy the trucks given that they'd (I assume) be provided with craft services? :lol:

Glad I am not the only one who is curious about the food and coffee trucks. I wonder is it subsidised? Will the sender cover a certain amount and after that they have to pay?  So many questions!

3 hours ago, wizuwizu said:

Would be so unique though if the Prince came back as a zombie a la R in Warm Bodies :w00t: He still has his feelings and emotions, except he also drools over brains now

Yes, unique but possibly drooling over brains is not the most desirable quality in a leading man! Or any man! :joy::joy::joy: 

Archived