[Drama 2019-2020] Selection: The War Between Women, 간택 - 여인들의 전쟁

0ly40

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2020/02/16/queen-love-and-war-series-review/

Queen: Love and War | Series Review

It’s always a thrill to see new actors I support to finally land their debut lead role. And so, I went and watched Queen: Love and War without anything but my placard of support for Kim Min-kyu. And boy, I was surprised.

fullsizephoto1150875

A Familiar Plot

If you’ve watched other Korean period dramas involving a young king, then you’ll definitely be familiar with their selection process. The story of this series revolved around the Joseon tradition. The series also contained a revenge plot and extreme greedy politicking with some prophetic dreams added up for spice.

It was a simple love story between Kang Eun-bo (Jin Se-yun) and King Lee Kyung (Kim Min-kyu) but filled with multifarious hurdles.

The Royal Family and Its Complicated Kingdom

fullsizephoto1131482

Kim Min-kyu plays Lee Kyung a handsome and idealist Joseon king who genuinely wanted to reign for his people. But just like every good-hearted leader in the sageuk world, he was surrounded by power-hungry people – ministers and even his mom! [SPOILER ALERT] He died in the first episode. As someone, who didn’t watch any teasers nor read any news about this series, I was shocked watching that premiere episode. But it was indeed a set-up for Min-kyu’s character. The assassination attempt was what led him to have some prophetic dreams. These dreams helped him solved the murder case of Eun-bo’s twin sister and other problems in his kingdom.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/6/2020 at 12:31 PM, raziela said:

Thanks for posting!  It's an underrated drama.  Good to see it's an overall positive review:smiley:

I enjoyed that drama too. Became a fan of Jin se-yeon while watching it :D

51 minutes ago, RanP said:

After the mess that is Born Again, think i'm gonna watch this again while waiting for PBIO.

:lol::lol::lol:HaHa!  I just said in that other drama thread I'm going to pretend QLAW is JSY's last drama before she goes back to university instead of BA!

47 minutes ago, raziela said:

:lol::lol::lol:HaHa!  I just said in that other drama thread I'm going to pretend QLAW is JSY's last drama before she goes back to university instead of BA!

oh i didn't know she does back to university after this? guess a good break is good after this.

13 hours ago, RanP said:

oh i didn't know she does back to university after this? guess a good break is good after this.

Yes, she said in a recent IG Live she will go back and finish her last year of university.  Now I wish she had gone straight back after completing QLAW! :lol:

On 6/10/2020 at 7:17 AM, RanP said:

After the mess that is Born Again, think i'm gonna watch this again while waiting for PBIO.

I'm sorry for butting in with this out of topic question :sweatingbullets: but Selection is my first JSY drama and was looking for my next watch from her. I was planning to watch Born Again but should I just watch Item instead?

11 hours ago, kmsl said:

I'm sorry for butting in with this out of topic question :sweatingbullets: but Selection is my first JSY drama and was looking for my next watch from her. I was planning to watch Born Again but should I just watch Item instead?

DO NOT WATCH BORN AGAIN.

I haven't watched Item but if you like fantasy mystery drama you can give it a go. Personally i like Doctor Stranger, despite her getting so many hate, to me her and LJS still had nice chemistry in it ^^

On 6/11/2020 at 11:27 PM, kmsl said:

Hey! :blush:  Thanks for asking

Like @RanP said: Do not watch Born Again! Save yourself from that waste of time and energy:ph34r:

I wouldn't recommend ITEM  too highly either to be honest. It's messy and a bit boring in places but not as frustrating as BA.

If you like historical sageuks, you could try Grand Prince with Yoon Shi Yoon. Or if you like romantic comedies try High End Crush with Jung Il Woo.:)

On 6/12/2020 at 10:37 AM, RanP said:

DO NOT WATCH BORN AGAIN.

I haven't watched Item but if you like fantasy mystery drama you can give it a go. Personally i like Doctor Stranger, despite her getting so many hate, to me her and LJS still had nice chemistry in it ^^

:lol::lol::lol:

On 6/6/2020 at 6:31 AM, raziela said:

Thanks for posting!  It's an underrated drama.  Good to see it's an overall positive review:smiley:

This is one of JSY successful drama besides Grand Prince with TV Chosun. Both these 2 dramas are paid channel with small viewership.  It fare better than some of the free channel dramas.  I rewatch QLAW after a disappointing BA which I enjoyed until the 360 degree change to the script midway.  High end Crush joint (Korea-China) collaboration is another webtoon rom-rom to recommend.  It gather 200 million viewership.  She so young and cute then. Was hoping for season 2...but....

16 minutes ago, Kimat said:

This is one of JSY successful drama besides Grand Prince with TV Chosun. Both these 2 dramas are paid channel with small viewership.  It fare better than some of the free channel dramas.  I rewatch QLAW after a disappointing BA which I enjoyed until the 360 degree change to the script midway.  High end Crush joint (Korea-China) collaboration is another webtoon rom-rom to recommend.  It gather 200 million viewership.  She so young and cute then. Was hoping for season 2...but....

ITEM is good as well for a sci-fi drama.  

Archived