Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] Mystic Pop Up Bar, 쌍갑포차

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, thistle said:

The ending of episode 10 when WJ was remembering the prince and finally understanding the connection to Gui....made me cry.

 

Only two episodes left!

made me cry too! there's something that touches you in every episode. the people's  that's what makes me love this drama. :heart:

  • Like 6
  • Awesome 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, rogueprincess51 said:

made me cry too! there's something that touches you in every episode. the people's  that's what makes me love this drama. :heart:

I think the final two grudges would be Weol Joo herself and that cinnabar...?? But please this family can't be torn apart like that....I won't be able to take it

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, rogueprincess51 said:

I can't understand why people are not talking about this drama! They are all so good and I've been waiting every week for the episodes. 

 

It really is a sad shame because this drama is such a little gem.  From what I read in news stories, some people have avoided this wonderful drama because accusations were made against the PD; although those accusations were proved to be false, the damage was already done. 

 

Just my two cents:

Spoiler

This is one of the things that truly worries me about the real world today--people using words as dangerous weapons without finding out first whether there is foundation for what they say and then other people using those rumors to fuel their own anger so that even more damage is done.  We have to remember that an accusation needs to be proven either true or false before we react.  People are all very angry right now for many reasons but we need to remember to temper our actions and guard our words because we all have to live in this world with one another.  Actions have consequences.  Words can kill.  Kindness is what is needed most.

 

One of the reasons this is such a great drama is that it expresses what can happen through the consequences of our actions.  WJ has been suffering for 500 years for her rash actions that were in response to the unfairness and cruelty that she suffered.  Both she and Gui have been working hard to atone for what happened to them in their lifetimes--they are exerting so much effort to pay for unhappiness and they are trying to help one other as well as other people.  And we also have KB and YR who are also suffering but they don't even know why they suffer.  

 

Even though there isn't a lot of realism in the mystical basis for this drama, there is still a great deal that feels very real about the sadness and the frustrations that both the main characters and the guest characters are enduring.  I like the notion that it is possible to settle those "grudges" in our live--it's inspiring.

 

So glad I found Mystic Pop Up Bar.

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 10 was the best episode so far... But the preview of episode 11 I don’t know if it’s going to go down the typical angst route before we get our happy ending... Half the things in the preview are happy items while the other half seem sad! Lets hope it’s not too much sadness, only 2 episodes left I just want them to wrap it up nicely! I have a feeling the last 2 cases will not be random individuals but people very close to them, maybe YR and KB. 

 

SO gonna miss this little family of 3! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Episode 10 was the best episode so far... But the preview of episode 11 I don’t know if it’s going to go down the typical angst route before we get our happy ending... Half the things in the preview are happy items while the other half seem sad! Lets hope it’s not too much sadness, only 2 episodes left I just want them to wrap it up nicely! I have a feeling the last 2 cases will not be random individuals but people very close to them, maybe YR and KB. 

 

SO gonna miss this little family of 3! 

I am right with you! It has been such a happy experience for me watching this (with a very few exceptions of toilet and fart jokes). I am 99% sure we will get happy ending, with a show like this I just cannot imagine we get sad ending.

 

I also cannot understand why people are not watching this drama. Acting is good, writing is consistent, I root for both couples of lovers  (especially for our Fennec fox face :wub:) and the story is gripping and engaging. I will be one of the few shows that I woluld re-watch just for the sheer pleasure of seeing the heroes and heroines again!

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...not criticising the plot but I am amused how everybody seems to recognise everybody, living or deity but WJ recognises nobody.

 

I am jittery at this juncture whether to carry on watching. WJ signed the go2hell contract which means she would be separated from Chief Gwi and Son soon?

I really enjoyed how they played out the romance between the parents and also between the two young lovebirds. We all want a sweet ending.:ohboy2:...and the fake grim reaper can keep what he had swallowed.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

...not criticising the plot but I am amused how everybody seems to recognise everybody, living or deity but WJ recognises nobody.

 

I wonder if it part of the curse on her because her punishment seems different than what others go through.

 

23 minutes ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

I am jittery at this juncture whether to carry on watching. WJ signed the go2hell contract which means she would be separated from Chief Gwi and Son soon?

 

spoiler from today's episode

Spoiler

Gui pleaded to be able to take her place in receiving the punishment from the contract.  Now WJ won't go to hell because she learned the secrets but Gui will.

 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ep 10 recap is out!

https://unstoppablesun.com/2020/06/18/mystic-pop-up-bar-ep-10-recap-and-weolju-knows/

 

I'm so excited for next week episode!!! The previews see pretty cute so maybe we'll have a happy ending?

 

Also, is it just me or did Kangbae seem to be a little different in the preview? Is he the child, and does the preview show the Sacred Tree speaking through him?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hyukjaeismine said:

Also, is it just me or did Kangbae seem to be a little different in the preview?

No, not only you! I also noticed he is different, not his usual naive, slightly lost and good natured self. He looks more mature, and very, very cool :wub:

  • Like 4
  • Awesome 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I think the final two grudges would be Weol Joo herself and that cinnabar...?? But please this family can't be torn apart like that....I won't be able to take it

*the people's stories. sorry about that I was so excited and it cut off my post. Anyway you are definitely right. I was actually expecting that by 99996 they won't have any new cases because they will be the last grudges to be resolved. C

Something definitely happened with the cinnabar in the past. Did you also see the preview where kang bae in all black is sort of in the cave where the cinnabar was before? Hmmm...I have to check again. We have one more week before the last 2 episodes. I can't wait!

 

10 hours ago, thistle said:

It really is a sad shame because this drama is such a little gem.  From what I read in news stories, some people have avoided this wonderful drama because accusations were made against the PD; although those accusations were proved to be false, the damage was already done. 

 Ohh is that why? The story the casting and everything looks great for me. It was also interesting enough that I kept coming back for morel. I actually did not plan to watch this. It just happened to be in netflix and I started it and got hooked more every week. It's such a shame. This is a good drama. People are missing a lot by skipping this

 

10 hours ago, corey said:

I am right with you! It has been such a happy experience for me watching this (with a very few exceptions of toilet and fart jokes). I am 99% sure we will get happy ending, with a show like this I just cannot imagine we get sad ending.

 

I also cannot understand why people are not watching this drama. Acting is good, writing is consistent, I root for both couples of lovers  (especially for our Fennec fox face :wub:) and the story is gripping and engaging. I will be one of the few shows that I woluld re-watch just for the sheer pleasure of seeing the heroes and heroines again!

 

I agree with you both. They're really good. And it's not dragging. Every episode is so much fun and just enough to keep their story going while settling grudges and introducing new people with different stories each time. Actually that's the charm of this drama in my opinion. 

I meant we have a couple who love so deeply accepting punishment for their decisions when they were young, one with a nasty temper but underneath has a good heart, the other is the invisible knight in shining armor. and oh add our cute kangbae and yeorin couple who's just the perfect yin and yang and we have those poor souls with grudges to settle coming from different backgrounds with different stories. Anyone can relate right? There's so much more to love in this drama. 

 

9 hours ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

...not criticising the plot but I am amused how everybody seems to recognise everybody, living or deity but WJ recognises nobody.

 

I am jittery at this juncture whether to carry on watching. WJ signed the go2hell contract which means she would be separated from Chief Gwi and Son soon?

I really enjoyed how they played out the romance between the parents and also between the two young lovebirds. We all want a sweet ending.:ohboy2:...and the fake grim reaper can keep what he had swallowed.

hahaha she did finally recognize the queen. haha. 

and I'm laughing so hard on that fake grim reaper statement. I can't wait to know what happened in the past. 

at this point I actually pity Yeomradeawang. she's so frustrated but I think she now gets the cycle will keep repeating. WJ sacrifices for her son/kang bae, the prince sacrifices for WJ. now she's probably thinking what on earth will WJ do once she realize that the crown prince will take her place in hell? :joy: on and on and on. 

 

8 hours ago, hyukjaeismine said:

Ep 10 recap is out!

https://unstoppablesun.com/2020/06/18/mystic-pop-up-bar-ep-10-recap-and-weolju-knows/

 

I'm so excited for next week episode!!! The previews see pretty cute so maybe we'll have a happy ending?

 

Also, is it just me or did Kangbae seem to be a little different in the preview? Is he the child, and does the preview show the Sacred Tree speaking through him?

Oh I was mistaken. I checked it again and it seems it was not the cave where the cinnabar was but KB was actually in front of the sacred tree!

 

8 hours ago, corey said:

No, not only you! I also noticed he is different, not his usual naive, slightly lost and good natured self. He looks more mature, and very, very cool :wub:

I agree. I was about to comment on that one too. he seems different. is he talking to the sacred tree? do you think it was in the dream world? kangbae and the sacred tree are connected. They did say that the grudges from the sacred tree transferred to the soul of WJ's unborn child. They are connected or they are one.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we going to get kiss.......we are owed two kiss......Yeo Rim and Kang Bae and Crown Prince and Weol Joo in present timeline

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I avoided this thread until I caught up with all the episodes as I didn't want to to be spoiled but I just wanted to chime in and say I adore this wonderful gem of a drama. It is so moving, sweet, smart and sometimes extremely funny (that Gout Lovers movie had me crying with laughter :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:)

 

I love all the characters especially our little family of three and the depiction of the corporate afterlife.  I am not usually a fan of Hwang Jung-eum's acting but I really like her as bad-tempered, prickly Weol-Ju who really has a soft heart of gold:D  Kang-Bae is just one of the sweetest, kindest, loveable and most adorable male leads I've ever watched.  I just want him to be happy forever and ever and ever:wub:  So happy he found a family with Weol-Ju and Chief Gwi.  His little romance with Yeo Rin is adorable too.

 

I am sad this isn't a 16 episode drama because I'm not ready to say goodbye next week.  I do appreciate that the 12 episode format means that they don't drag things out and the cases in each episode are nice and self-contained.

  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally caught up! Omg..Mama and Papa are breaking me here with their sad past!! 
 

:bawling: was crying so much watching these last few episodes.

 

cant wait to see next week’s finale!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm usually drawn to these kind of storyline so I'm enjoying this drama. I'm glad that she is finally making the connection that he is the crown prince. =)

 

Also, I can't remember what episode it was, but I've been telling myself I need to live a better life. I don't want to be an insect in my next life. Haha!

  • Like 2
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the best show on tv right now! It is getting better and better and I may have to rewatch when it’s over, except HJE is doing another show right after. I may rewatch anyway. 
 

looks like we have everyone in their place! And how weird to be living the Queen’s thoughts and life in modern times. Does Park Eun Hye’s character expect people to bow and scrape? 
 

Amyway, I love our two couples! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK but this is my thought about Kang Bae. Kang Bae as the son of Weol Joo makes sense. According to the scroll (in ep. 9) the sacred tree's sorrow entered WJ son’s soul. The tree also died that night. In the past, people told their worries to the sacred tree. That's why Kang Bae’s powers made them tell their worries to him. What a match. And after the 100.000 grudge is pass, Kang Bae's curse will be end.

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just managed to watch episode 9 and I got to say the description of "Kang Bae is not someone to sweep you off your feet but someone who grows on you" and "Kang Bae is like a fairytale princess" were my favourite lines HAHAHAHAHAH. He is indeed like a fairytale princess and Yeo Rin need to get on that friggin horse to come save him quick!!!! 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuine question to Mystic Pop Up bar fans,Why do u think Giwi is hesitant to tell Weol Ju he’s the crown prince ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...