[Drama 2020] Mystic Pop Up Bar, 쌍갑포차

0ly40

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, hyukjaeismine said:

I'm so curious about where the real Grim Reaper Yeom is though. Where did he go? Did Wonhyung kill him?

Me, too. 

Maybe I've got it wrong but somehow I have the idea that the evil spirit is absorbing the people whose power he is using--that's what it looked like when he took over the grim reaper's helper in an earlier episode.  If he is just absorbing them, maybe they can be let go when he is captured?

It would be too sad if he had killed the grim reaper, especially since he said that Yeom was his dad.

And I wondered something about that:  who is the prince's dad?  Could that be Yeom as well?  When he was in his former life, maybe Yeom was the king?  Kings have concubines, and it seems like it was typical for the sons of concubines to serve their princely brothers in a close capacity, like being a bodyguard.  If this was the case, then that would be just another reason that the evil spirit is angry/vengeful/jealous with Gui and WJ because he never had a chance of power and love of his own.

So many revelations in episode 9!!!. I'm so hyped up and excited on what will happen tonight. They are still at it again, confusing us the Crown Prince's identity. But anyway, I wonder how Weol-ju would help Kang-bae and Yeo-rin (she's the cinnabar reincarnation right?)

so everything is clear.

but, there is something make me wonder,

who will be Kang-bae's "True love kiss"???

Wol-Ju or Yeo-Rin

Wol-ju, she is Kang-bae's (in the past) mother. in ep 9 she did something that I can say, many mother will do that too to their children.

of course, I also think, she did that because she just want to keep her promise, since she still doesn't know that kang-bae is her son.

Yeo-Rin, she is cinnabar reincarnation. many scenes showed to us that Yeo-Rin has power to neutral mystic things.

there will be another chance yeo-rin and kang-bae kiss scene again :3

or will Prince Gwi also include with true love kiss??? LOL 

11 minutes ago, Arcbow said:

so everything is clear.

but, there is something make me wonder,

who will be Kang-bae's "True love kiss"???

Wol-Ju or Yeo-Rin

Wol-ju, she is Kang-bae's (in the past) mother. in ep 9 she did something that I can say, many mother will do that too to their children.

of course, I also think, she did that because she just want to keep her promise, since she still doesn't know that kang-bae is her son.

Yeo-Rin, she is cinnabar reincarnation. many scenes showed to us that Yeo-Rin has power to neutral mystic things.

there will be another chance yeo-rin and kang-bae kiss scene again :3

or will Prince Gwi also include with true love kiss??? LOL 

Hahahaha I like your spirit of hoping for more twist but we will have to wait and see if they will go for the more predictable route or another twist hahahahaha! I secretly hope for more twists too *guilty*

12 hours ago, kmsl said:

confusing us the Crown Prince's identity.

The crown prince is indeed Chief Gui.  This is revealed at the beginning of episode 10.  And, as I suspected, the woman who appeared at the end of episode 9 is the reincarnation of the queen.

2 hours ago, Arcbow said:

your suggestion reminds me of Maleficent! :o instead of a true love kiss from the prince, it's actually the true love kiss from the godmother who watched over the princess! 

ep9 had me in tears... i was really saddened by the scene where WJ was confronted by Yeomradaewang to pacify the sacred tree wrath and also, the poor fate of her unborn child. the scene where Samsin went to talk to KB and spilled him the details had me sobbing as well :tears: omg this is a fantasy drama why am i crying??

so right now, the person who can subdue the Won Hyung is probably YR?

45 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

the poor fate of her unborn child

I'm still watching episode 10.  WJ just said that "I'm responsible for what happened to both KB and the Sacred Tree."  I wonder if she knows that KB is her son!

editing.....it looks like Samsin may be WJ's mom.  Oh my goodness.

editing again.....WJ has figured out that Gui is the crown prince.

Great episode!

omg cant believe that we only have 2 more eps until the drama ends T_T will sure miss the trio a lot

as expected, Gwi is the prince, i wonder how they will confront each other in next ep, seems like WJ's angry in the teaser

also, the prince's mom in this life turns to be a good person LOL unlike herself in previous life

i guess we will have a big fight in the end between Gwi and Wonhyung, hope Gwi will be safe...

aww wish for a happy ending!

Has anyone noticed the iced americano with ginseng root which the two ladies were enjoying?:open_mouth:

Noticed how the spirits disappear every time YR appears? Does that mean YB must stick close to YR in order to be protected from the fake Grim Reaper?

It seems that Chief Gwi is already testing the grim reaper at the convenience store in ep.9

I can't understand why people are not talking about this drama! They are all so good and I've been waiting every week for the episodes. 

Just watched the preview for the next episode and I cannot wait for next week although it's so sad to see the gang go. I love everyone and how they made the story so interesting. They also kept us guessing!

39 minutes ago, thistle said:

The ending of episode 10 when WJ was remembering the prince and finally understanding the connection to Gui....made me cry.

Only two episodes left!

made me cry too! there's something that touches you in every episode. the people's  that's what makes me love this drama. :heart:

35 minutes ago, rogueprincess51 said:

made me cry too! there's something that touches you in every episode. the people's  that's what makes me love this drama. :heart:

I think the final two grudges would be Weol Joo herself and that cinnabar...?? But please this family can't be torn apart like that....I won't be able to take it

31 minutes ago, rogueprincess51 said:

I can't understand why people are not talking about this drama! They are all so good and I've been waiting every week for the episodes. 

It really is a sad shame because this drama is such a little gem.  From what I read in news stories, some people have avoided this wonderful drama because accusations were made against the PD; although those accusations were proved to be false, the damage was already done. 

Just my two cents:

Spoiler

This is one of the things that truly worries me about the real world today--people using words as dangerous weapons without finding out first whether there is foundation for what they say and then other people using those rumors to fuel their own anger so that even more damage is done.  We have to remember that an accusation needs to be proven either true or false before we react.  People are all very angry right now for many reasons but we need to remember to temper our actions and guard our words because we all have to live in this world with one another.  Actions have consequences.  Words can kill.  Kindness is what is needed most.

One of the reasons this is such a great drama is that it expresses what can happen through the consequences of our actions.  WJ has been suffering for 500 years for her rash actions that were in response to the unfairness and cruelty that she suffered.  Both she and Gui have been working hard to atone for what happened to them in their lifetimes--they are exerting so much effort to pay for unhappiness and they are trying to help one other as well as other people.  And we also have KB and YR who are also suffering but they don't even know why they suffer.  

Even though there isn't a lot of realism in the mystical basis for this drama, there is still a great deal that feels very real about the sadness and the frustrations that both the main characters and the guest characters are enduring.  I like the notion that it is possible to settle those "grudges" in our live--it's inspiring.

So glad I found Mystic Pop Up Bar.

Episode 10 was the best episode so far... But the preview of episode 11 I don’t know if it’s going to go down the typical angst route before we get our happy ending... Half the things in the preview are happy items while the other half seem sad! Lets hope it’s not too much sadness, only 2 episodes left I just want them to wrap it up nicely! I have a feeling the last 2 cases will not be random individuals but people very close to them, maybe YR and KB. 

SO gonna miss this little family of 3! 

...not criticising the plot but I am amused how everybody seems to recognise everybody, living or deity but WJ recognises nobody.

I am jittery at this juncture whether to carry on watching. WJ signed the go2hell contract which means she would be separated from Chief Gwi and Son soon?

I really enjoyed how they played out the romance between the parents and also between the two young lovebirds. We all want a sweet ending.:ohboy2:...and the fake grim reaper can keep what he had swallowed.

Archived