[Drama 2020] Mystic Pop Up Bar, 쌍갑포차

0ly40

22 minutes ago, Ketu R said:

I have a theory and I just wanted to post it I think the crown prince is Chief Gwi and wol joo was pregnant with his child when she killed herself. Which is why she accepted the punishment given. I think Han Kang-bae is the unborn son. Dont know if it has already been posted. I have had the feeling from 4th episode which was about ancestors and kb said he was an orphan standing between those two

I agree.  This is exactly what I think as well.  :)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, thistle said:

I was curious if the word Cinnabar was translated properly because it is a toxic mineral.  It used to be used as a paint pigment and red dye,  and it was even carved into jewelry but it's never used any more because it is dangerous.

If I'm not mistaken, Cinnabar is also something that is used in chinese medicine. Although not 100% reliable source, when I look up the chinese term on Wikipedia, it says about 10% of chinese herbology contain small amounts of Cinnabar (if too much, it becomes extremely dangerous because of it's toxicity). Now something that was interesting while I was reading that page was that they mentioned that in ancient times, Cinnabar was considered to be able to ward off evil spirits and often used to make spiritual/shaman-esque items for this purpose. I think a lot of traditional Korean practices have some Chinese roots/influence to them, so it might not be far-fetched to assume it holds a similar representation for Koreans?

That said, what if the Cinnabar reincarnation that Wolju seems to be searching for in Ep9 is actually Yeo-Rin? That lines up with her "power" that makes people feel the creeps when they touch her (alludes to the toxic properties of the mineral). Her seemingly having an effect on Death in Ep4 can allude to "warding off evil spirits" (although I wouldn't really say Death is evil, but he basically represents the Underworld in a sense so it could be argued.). What do y'all think? 

edit : Also, wouldn't it be perfect timing to explore this possibility of Yeo-Rin being able to chase away spirits/ghosts in episode 9, since we saw in episode 8 that Kang-Bae is now able to see them and is terrified of them. 

Just finished episode 8 and I didn't see that plot twist. I thought Cheif Yeom was just after the evil spirit because it was just part of his job. That explained his reaction when he saw his profile and why he knew the spirit would be around/following the Ssangab trio.

The moon gesture is confusing me as heck. How did Kang-bae knew that as well? Did Guibanjang told him? They're really going to do this guessing game huh. I thought we pretty much have a solid theory and we just have to wait for Weol-ju to find out.

5 hours ago, Ketu R said:

I have a theory and I just wanted to post it I think the crown prince is Chief Gwi and wol joo was pregnant with his child when she killed herself. Which is why she accepted the punishment given. I think Han Kang-bae is the unborn son. Dont know if it has already been posted. I have had the feeling from 4th episode which was about ancestors and kb said he was an orphan standing between those two

I do believe that  

18 hours ago, thistle said:

Currently watching episode 8.....or trying to

Reveal hidden contents

my cats Frank and Dolly are hiding in the house because the electric company is clearing tree branches in my yard.....watching the episode at my dining table while Dolly is persistently climbing over the keyboard and Frank keeps trying to drink my mug of tea--he loves tea; it can't be good for him, and I want it myself darn it

Anyway, after being interrupted for the millionth time while watching, I decided to stop to share that YR is comparing KB to a fennec fox!  :wub:  Awwww!

I went, OMJiiiiiiiiiiiiii, Sungjae does look like one!

they keep confusing us about who is the prince... but im pretty sure Gwi is, the way he adores Romeo's pure and true love towards Juliet. however, it seems that WJ has gone through enough to not believe in those things anymore, as she says Juliet is smart and realistic by choosing Romeo's father LOL

im looking forward seeing these two facing each other and solve all the misunderstandings

also Yeom bujang nim being Won hyung's father is so surpriseddd. but i dont think he's evil after all, he wants to project the trio from his son

"i will help you" from him towards his son is not actually he wants to help his son revenge the prince but he wants to set his son free from evil :(

Is it possible that KB and YR are the reincarnations of the prince and WJ? The Goddess might let them (in present era) help themselves to finish their tasks in the past. Perhaps the last three souls they must lead to find inner peace are themselves and the prince’s friend who became evil spirit. 

The prince might be reborn once as Gwi, a former afterlife detective but because he has to correct his mistakes he did when he was the prince, The Goddess then sent him to help WJ To get repentance together

Just think........:)

46 minutes ago, gongcha said:

they keep confusing us about who is the prince... but im pretty sure Gwi is, the way he adores Romeo's pure and true love towards Juliet. however, it seems that WJ has gone through enough to not believe in those things anymore, as she says Juliet is smart and realistic by choosing Romeo's father LOL

I felt like this was a give away!

Btw, both guibanjang and the crown prince used their left hand to do the gesture while Kang-bae used his right hand 

4 hours ago, kmsl said:

I felt like this was a give away!

Btw, both guibanjang and the crown prince used their left hand to do the gesture while Kang-bae used his right hand 

I can't see how Kang Bae could be crown Prince especially when they have established this sort of mother-son dynamic there. They even poked fun at that during the romeo Juliet manhwa. I just can't...we will have to wait I guess. My hope is on Gwi. I think they are both sort of not over each other. Woel Joo said it out loud that she alternates between hating him, loving him and just wants to be free of that. So, I want a heart to heart between both of them before the end. 

Just watched the latest episode, I am kind of confused with the ending of episode 8. Is she crying because she is afraid of her own feelings towards Chief Gwi, leaving Kang Bae all alone or frustrated about the past 500 years and being so close yet somewhat far from the 100,000 mark? Hahaha can someone bring me up to speed? I feel dense today hahahaha

5 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i have a feeling that KB might be the 100,000th person that WJ would need to help resolve his grievances.. and since KB knows how the dream realm work, he will reject and avoid her.

We are still thinking the same way.  I came up with a similar theory yesterday.  :D

On 6/11/2020 at 12:53 PM, thistle said:

.....Kang Bae has an extremely unusual fate because his link to the spiritual world is not closed.  Why?  He must need this link for some reason.  I think that the reason is that he is there to settle matters with his parents (WJ and Gwi) because he was made but never born in the past.  My guess:  he will be the case for the 100,000th grudge solved.....

Lots of interesting things happening in today's episode.  I'm no good at recapping, so I'll just offer some of the high points.  

Spoilers ahead!

• It appears that the evil spirit has taken over the Grim Reaper's body so that he can get closer to Chief Gui and WJ, and he has been trying to make trouble between them and KB.
  • The prince had his bodyguard beheaded, and that's why he has become an evil spirit intending to destroy Chief Gui (whom I still believe to be the prince) and WJ.
  • The door to the spirit world that WJ needs to use to help KB is closed because she welded it shut years ago to help heal a mother's grudge by stopping her child from becoming an important priest (he would have saved many people but WJ didn't know this) so now there are consequences..  Now WJ can't keep her promise to KB and is desperate to find a way to help him. 
  • WJ appeals to Samsin for help but there is only so much help she can give.  She tells WJ that KB is completely yin so in order to close KB's connection to the spirit world, he needs a true love's kiss from a person who is completely yang.  That person is the one who has reincarnated from Cinnabar.  But she cannot tell WJ who that person is.
  • It looks like YR must be the reincarnation of the sacred stone Cinnabar which repels people but also has the power to heal (I'm guessing that the latter will be important later).
  • WJ signs a contract to give up her chance of re-incarnation so that she can help KB.  She will go the hell of extinction in order to find out who Cinnabar is.
  • WJ has been healing the 100,00 grudges to save the soul of her unborn child who would have been doomed to live 100,000 dreadful lives because WJ had hung herself from the Sacred Tree.  The reason that WJ is so drawn to helping children is because she never got to see her own child.
  • At the end of the episode we saw a new arrival who appears to be the reincarnation of the queen who hired WJ to heal the prince's dreams and who destroyed WJ's life afterward.

14 minutes ago, thistle said:

Lots of interesting things happening in today's episode.  I'm no good at recapping, so I'll just offer some of the high points.  

Spoilers ahead!

• It appears that the evil spirit has taken over the Grim Reaper's body so that he can get closer to Chief Gui and WJ, and he has been trying to make trouble between them and KB.
  • The prince had his bodyguard beheaded, and that's why he has become an evil spirit intending to destroy Chief Gui (whom I still believe to be the prince) and WJ.
  • The door to the spirit world that WJ needs to use to help KB is closed because she welded it shut years ago to help heal a mother's grudge by stopping her child from becoming an important priest (he would have saved many people but WJ didn't know this) so now there are consequences..  Now WJ can't keep her promise to KB and is desperate to find a way to help him. 
  • WJ appeals to Samsin for help but there is only so much help she can give.  She tells WJ that KB is completely yin so in order to close KB's connection to the spirit world, he needs a true love's kiss from a person who is completely yang.  That person is the one who has reincarnated from Cinnabar.  But she cannot tell WJ who that person is.
  • It looks like YR must be the reincarnation of the sacred stone Cinnabar which repels people but also has the power to heal (I'm guessing that the latter will be important later).
  • WJ signs a contract to give up her chance of re-incarnation so that she can help KB.  She will go the hell of extinction in order to find out who Cinnabar is.
  • WJ has been healing the 100,00 grudges to save the soul of her unborn child who would have been doomed to live 100,000 dreadful lives because WJ had hung herself from the Sacred Tree.  The reason that WJ is so drawn to helping children is because she never got to see her own child.
  • At the end of the episode we saw a new arrival who appears to be the reincarnation of the queen who hired WJ to heal the prince's dreams and who destroyed WJ's life afterward.

Whoa sounds like a lot is happening and things are amping up! I really like how YR is made for KB hahahaha!

11 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

Whoa sounds like a lot is happening and things are amping up! I really like how YR is made for KB hahahaha!

I like that, too!  They definitely belong together.

We only have three more episodes to go.  That's sad.....but I also like that this is a short drama because the stories have been made with no time to waste.

41 minutes ago, thistle said:

It looks like YR must be the reincarnation of the sacred stone Cinnabar which repels people but also has the power to heal (I'm guessing that the latter will be important later).

I still can’t understand what does cinnabar mean here? An item reincarnated into a human?? Please do shed some light! So it sounds like YeonRin is just a “yang” but doesn’t necessarily have any connection to the trio per se beyond her powers. 

24 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I still can’t understand what does cinnabar mean here? An item reincarnated into a human?? Please do shed some light! So it sounds like YeonRin is just a “yang” but doesn’t necessarily have any connection to the trio per se beyond her powers. 

Not sure that I understand all of this either but I'll see if I can explain what I noticed and what I'm thinking.....

There was a scene with WJ and her mother the shaman in a cave.  Mom told WJ about the properties of the sacred cinnabar stone.  They were taking a small amount of the cinnabar mineral to use to help people. WJ wanted to take more since cinnabar could do so much good but Mom told her that sacred objects were like people--if you take too much, you can destroy them.  

It seems that at some point afterward someone must have "killed" the sacred stone and then it re-incarnated into a living person.  The characteristics that Mom used to describe the sacred cinnabar also seem to fit the character of YR.

The connection that YR has to our trio is that WJ knew the sacred stone.  The importance that YR has to KB is that she is fully yang while he is fully yin.

My guess is that this is the first re-incarnation for both of them.  And in this first life, they have given each other their first kiss.  Now we just have to wait for the True Love Kiss.

Archived