[Drama 2020] Mystic Pop Up Bar, 쌍갑포차

0ly40

8 minutes ago, sas79 said:

I think it makes sense that KB would be WJ's unborn son. If you remember that scene where WJ was told she killed 100,000 people, she wasn't all that moved cause she hated humans so much. It was only when she read that scroll that WJ became really sad and agreed to the sentence. I think it makes a lot of sense that knowing she killed her own unborn child when she committed suicide would make her feel really guilty. And KB, like her, has his spiritual vision open. The way KB held her hand when he was unconscious made me feel as if there was a special connection between them, but not a romantic one. So this would make sense. Also, Manager Gui and KB give me father-son vibes and since Manager Gui is most likely the Prince from the past and the father of WJ's unborn child, that also checks out. 

Exactly what I've been wondering.  And I thought today that the three of them seemed like such a happy family together.  :wub:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is not Yeom Bhujang, that is the evil soul impersonating Grim Reaper or Grim Reaper is letting that soul borrow his body....the evil soul said something about devouring 500 evil souls or something so I am guessing he is trying to gain power to get his revenge since Chief Gui is strong himself. It also could be that Grim Reaper intervened to stop further destruction.

Also Kang Bae is related to Wol Ju either by being her unborn son or some other way, its a bittersweet connection like some sort of noona-doongsaeng connection. She was proudly looking at Kang Bae like his mother to be honest in the dance scene. And imagine if Kang Bae actually turns out to be her unborn son, boy is going to have a break down if he looses his mother and father all over again. And I am sure Gwi is Crown Prince, he keeps trying to make Wol Ju speak about him some way or the other. Its obviously him.

Episode 7 was hilarious. I was LOLing in every scene

Thank you MPUB peeps for that Still 17 reference. I was wondering where did I saw that moon thingy. Here's a Guibanjang fingerheart for y'all:

EaL9HJJU0AADhTt?format=jpg

Spoiler

My innocent babies got their first "kiss" today. Am so happy

EaL_rUEVAAA-_Ws?format=jpg&name=900x900

Spoiler

This is giving me big baby energy. and I'm gonna be heartbroken if it turns out that our "they're family" theory is wrong.

EaL-pV-VcAAOBBW?format=jpg&name=360x360

Spoiler

And I died laughing at this scene:

EaL-EWhUMAAsVt3?format=jpg&name=360x360

EaL-EWgU4AABexQ?format=jpg&name=360x360

9 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

So GUI is her mom? He said she has been watching Weolju from afar...

I was also confused at that part but that'll be disappointing since I'm too invested with "Gui = Crown Prince" already.

That could be a plot twist or they're really just confusing us at this point.

26 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

So GUI is her mom? He said she has been watching Weolju from afar...

I still believe that Chief Gui is the prince.  I really do Not want to imagine that he is WJ's mother.

.....editing because it just occurred to me that episode 7 means we've past the half-way point.  This is a 12 episode drama.  I'm enjoying this show--12 isn't enough!  <_<

10 hours ago, thistle said:

I still believe that Chief Gui is the prince.  I really do Not want to imagine that he is WJ's mother.

.....editing because it just occurred to me that episode 7 means we've past the half-way point.  This is a 12 episode drama.  I'm enjoying this show--12 isn't enough!  <_<

I actually picked up this drama because it's just 12-episode long but now I wanted mooooore episodes haha

just finish watching episode 7 and i have this crazy thought: what if Kang Bae is WJ's mother?

as Gwi Banjang hints that her mom might be by her side and watching her

and then the scence where KB wonders that what wrong he did in the past that leads him to this hard life in the present, because how can an unborned baby did something wrong to receive punishment in the next life? 

25 minutes ago, gongcha said:

just finish watching episode 7 and i have this crazy thought: what if Kang Bae is WJ's mother?

as Gwi Banjang hints that her mom might be by her side and watching her

and then the scence where KB wonders that what wrong he did in the past that leads him to this hard life in the present, because how can an unborned baby did something wrong to receive punishment in the next life? 

Yes! This is what I think too! And because he dreamt of a jade ring and has powers related to his sense of touch as well so I do wonder about that. And since she was a shaman, maybe this was her fate as KB? Otherwise could it be Death? :S I am learning towards KB but the other person aside from Chief Gwi near WJ is Death.

I thought the past episodes were funny but Chief Gwi doing a serious chicken talk made me lose it LOLLLL. Super dafuqqq but sooooo funny!!! And super lost it when KB's power worked in the chicken lmaaoooo howwww.

And KB made me feel so warm when he waiting for Chief Gwi and WJ every day to return T____T He doesn't want to lose them anymoreeee. I think we will be so sad once WJ hits her quota. They are his family nowwww noooooo don't leave the poor baby.

YR can't get her hands of KB. HAHAHAHAHA. SHE WANTS HIM SO BADDD ERHMAHGERD. I was just sad that they didn't wear their sexy dance attire hahahahaha. They way she sexualised his lips omg I died so bad. I just can't believe she went for the kiss. I love her character so baddddd!!!

i think KB is the unborn son.. WJ might have committed suicide without knowing she is already pregnant.. the red decree might have revealed about her pregnancy and the unborn son.. as for Chief Gwi, i would still think he is the Prince nevertheless.. unless that Won Hyung was referring KB as the prince in previous episode when he was spying the popup bar from afar (which is highly not possible)..

WJ’s mom might not have appeared to us yet since we are only at Ep7..

Chief Yeom last look to the trio.. his troubled look either hint that the family has finally reunited (but soon, separated again) or.. he is actually bidding farewell to them knowing he will have a showdown with Won Hyung but, does not have confidence he might make it through.. (or he is actually WJ’s omma!!.. oh no)

lets wait for some real time updates for tonite! :D

I'm enjoying everyone's theories so much!  :::::group hug:::::

But I've gotta say that I'm on Team @sadthe1st because I'm thinking the same.

There is one person that I've wondered about who could just possibly be WJ's mom.  It's a person who is sometimes stern with her but who sees to it that WJ gets second chances when possible and who trusts WJ to help her out of a jam:  The God of the Underworld (don't think a name has been mentioned for her).  

WJ's mom was a skilled shaman and she protected her daughter right to the last moment.  Perhaps, rather than being reborn, she was offered a job to do in the afterlife.  Makes sense to me.  :D

But I still have questions regarding YR:  how is she related to the Mystic Bar bunch?  Why does she have the protective capabilities that she has?  And why is she cursed with the power to drive men away? 

23 minutes ago, thistle said:

There is one person that I've wondered about who could just possibly be WJ's mom.  It's a person who is sometimes stern with her but who sees to it that WJ gets second chances when possible and who trusts WJ to help her out of a jam:  The God of the Underworld (don't think a name has been mentioned for her).  

WJ's mom was a skilled shaman and she protected her daughter right to the last moment.  Perhaps, rather than being reborn, she was offered a job to do in the afterlife.  Makes sense to me.  :D

Hmmm I did wonder but I was curious as to the inner workings of afterlife hierarchy. Because seems like even if you did really good, you will only gain a category A + wish what you want to be. They did not exactly hint of what other deeds WJ's mom had done in her life too hence I am honestly unsure.

And so far seems like the normal humans (who died) doing things in the afterlife are Chief Gwi and WJ? And it is out of getting them to redeem themselves for what they had done in past life right? They are not exactly considered a permanent resident in the afterlife right? Correct me if I am wrong, I have no understanding in these matters hahahaha.

23 minutes ago, thistle said:

But I still have questions regarding YR:  how is she related to the Mystic Bar bunch?  Why does she have the protective capabilities that she has?  And why is she cursed with the power to drive men away? 

Yeah I wonder too. I even question her to be WJ's mom but she was never really near WJ that much hahaha so nope. But the reason that I did question it was because technically her power is to creep people who touch her. Maybe that's the aura of a shaman hahahahah. It makes me wonder if her protective capability could have been what she had wished for prior to her rebirth? She seems like she might be useful to take down the evil spirit from 500 years ago.

Btw I know the mythology of forgetting past life had to do with drinking tea and crossing some bridge right? But I really like the shower system they did instead hahahaha. Not to mention Samsin's claw machine. All these creative details are worth geeking over.

Currently watching episode 8.....or trying to

Spoiler

my cats Frank and Dolly are hiding in the house because the electric company is clearing tree branches in my yard.....watching the episode at my dining table while Dolly is persistently climbing over the keyboard and Frank keeps trying to drink my mug of tea--he loves tea; it can't be good for him, and I want it myself darn it

Anyway, after being interrupted for the millionth time while watching, I decided to stop to share that YR is comparing KB to a fennec fox!  :wub:  Awwww!

fennec-fox-ears.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg

.....and there's also a backstory going on while WJ and Chief Gwi are watch a webtoon (x rated!) of Romeo and Juliet.  :D 

58 minutes ago, thistle said:

i'm assuming very simply that YR is a heaven's made for KB hahaha :lol: one who instills fear (creeps) in men and another who can make people reveal truths. when one leads his life with truthfulness, there is nothing to fear... so, they compliment each other :wub:

1 hour ago, thistle said:

The God of the Underworld (don't think a name has been mentioned for her). 

Yeomradaewang.. i think in chinese it's like 阎王 or 阎罗王 ... 

ep7 had this scene where she got scolded by the Jade Emperor... but was relieved that even with a hell job (literally :D) she still has Samsin (ep6... the Fertility God) as her friend.. Samsin has been in that job for wayyy longer than WJ... @thistle if Yeomradaewang is really WJ's mom, at least we could expect something being revealed possibly through Samsin :lol:

I am laughing so hard.....

spoiler

Spoiler

In the Romeo and Juliet side story, Juliet (WJ) decides to marry Romeo's dad (Chief Gwi) instead of Romeo (KB) and she tells him that she is now his mother just like Darth Vader told Luke Sywalker I am your father.  This is too funny for words.

2 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

And so far seems like the normal humans (who died) doing things in the afterlife are Chief Gwi and WJ? And it is out of getting them to redeem themselves for what they had done in past life right? They are not exactly considered a permanent resident in the afterlife right? Correct me if I am wrong, I have no understanding in these matters hahahaha.

Normal human beings, maybe.  But they do seem to have been given quite exalted positions after death and they haven't just been given an A or B or C reincarnation, so I think that their positions must have been superior in one way or another because of the tasks they have been given in the afterlife. 

WJ had special skills as a Dream Catcher, and when she died her curses caused the death of the Sacred Tree and 100,000 people.  Even if she reincarnated as an insect 100,000 times it would not have been enough.  Thus, she has to use her special skills to heal 100,000 grudges.  But we also know that she has one other thing to atone for, and it is the reason she has decided to walk the path that she is on now.  We don't know what that "other thing" is but I suspect that it is the death of her unborn child.

Chief Gwi was previously a demon catcher but now he serves as her helper.  Why?  It looks like he has a lot to make up for as well.  This is why I believe he was the crown prince that WJ loved.  The prince was the one who went to the war that cost 100,000 lives.  In any case, Gwi knows more than he is letting on.  When he listened to WJ talking about her lost love, you could almost watch Gwi's heart breaking.

Kang Bae has an extremely unusual fate because his link to the spiritual world is not closed.  Why?  He must need this link for some reason.  I think that the reason is that he is there to settle matters with his parents (WJ and Gwi) because he was made but never born in the past.  My guess:  he will be the case for the 100,000th grudge solved.

3 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

her power is to creep people who touch her. Maybe that's the aura of a shaman hahahahah. It makes me wonder if her protective capability could have been what she had wished for prior to her rebirth? She seems like she might be useful to take down the evil spirit from 500 years ago.

I think you're right about her helping to take down the evil spirit but I don't think YR was WJ's shaman mother.  Instead, is it possible that she was the crown prince's mother?  A queen is someone who cannot be touched by commoners.  And this queen was someone who owes a debt to WJ, the crown prince, and their unborn child.

As to the evil spirit, he's obviously the prince's body guard.  What turned him evil?  Well, it looks like he may have killed WJ's mom.  And I wonder if he might also have been in love with WJ in the past--perhaps he was jealous of the prince.  The bodyguard did spend time with WJ because he was the one who walked her home from the palace every night and he was the one who helped the couple meet on the sly.

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i'm assuming very simply that YR is a heaven's made for KB hahaha :lol: one who instills fear (creeps) in men and another who can make people reveal truths. when one leads his life with truthfulness, there is nothing to fear... so, they compliment each other :wub:

I like that.  They truly do complement one another.  But YR needs to stop listening to her nosy friend who is Not giving good advice.  YR's ego is hurt because of all the rejections and now it is hard for her to imagine that KB's caring is real.

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

ep7 had this scene where she got scolded by the Jade Emperor... but was relieved that even with a hell job (literally :D) she still has Samsin (ep6... the Fertility God) as her friend.. Samsin has been in that job for wayyy longer than WJ... @thistle if Yeomradaewang is really WJ's mom, at least we could expect something being revealed possibly through Samsin :lol:

It looks we will learn more about this.  Samsin was in the promo for episode 9 and WJ was threatening her (with a broom, if I recall properly) to find out who "Cinnabar" reincarnated into.  Who is Cinnabar?  Maybe it could be KB?

I was curious if the word Cinnabar was translated properly because it is a toxic mineral.  It used to be used as a paint pigment and red dye,  and it was even carved into jewelry but it's never used any more because it is dangerous.

Episode 8 recap is up!!

https://unstoppablesun.com/2020/06/11/mystic-pop-up-bar-ep-8-recap-and-kangbaeo-and-weoljuliet/

I'm worried about next week's episode because it seems like we're up for some angst ahead. Hopefully, it's nothing they can't handle!

But yeah, whoa who'd have thought that Grim Reaper Yeom is Wonhyung's dad!

I have a theory and I just wanted to post it I think the crown prince is Chief Gwi and wol joo was pregnant with his child when she killed herself. Which is why she accepted the punishment given. I think Han Kang-bae is the unborn son. Dont know if it has already been posted. I have had the feeling from 4th episode which was about ancestors and kb said he was an orphan standing between those two

Archived