[Drama 2020] Mystic Pop Up Bar, 쌍갑포차

0ly40

I read some comments that might be Gui banjjang is the crowned prince but in the latest eps, the writer shows us that Kang Bae might be the one. I think writer only tried to play around. I can't imagine a loveline between Wolju and Kangbae. I think Wolju and Gui banjjang are the couple. I laughed when Wolju amazed by the wet Gui banjjang. Lol. Can't they just go back through mystic pop bar door? Haha..

And for Kangbae loveline. I think he has something with that security girl, that girl is a mysterious one. She's a unique character. Because Kangbae still can not read her.

I am keep asking what's written on the scroll, that *spoiler* theory might be true. 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing drama! I laughed and cried watching all these 4 episodes. Gives me the HDL feels!

my theory is that the other guy is the crown prince. Not Kang Bae but the Police Chief one. I think us seeing a flashback of Prince towards end is a distraction. In the preview, someone asked “how are you doing, your majesty?” So for sure that voice knows who the real prince is. 

i like Kang Bae with the security guard too. 

Interesting.....a potential bad guy shows up in the past at the end of episode 5. 

It seems that theories about Chief Gwi being the prince could be right.  He says something to WJ that the prince said to her in her past life.

The promo for episode 6 shows that more of the past will be revealed.  And the next grudge to be resolved is about conception.  Apparently WJ is more determined than ever before with this particular grudge (which makes me wonder if my earlier theory about her having been pregnant with the prince's child could be true).

Also, WJ's shaman mother had a vision about a jade ring before WJ was born.  The prince was waiting to give a jade ring to WJ on the night that her mother was murdered and she committed suicide.

.....editing because I forgot to add that KB is making progress in his relationship with the bodyguard.  ;)

Also:  Today's episode featured dumplings and they looked so good.  I am now seriously hungry for dumplings!  :lol:

5 hours ago, thistle said:

Interesting.....a potential bad guy shows up in the past at the end of episode 5. 

It seems that theories about Chief Gwi being the prince could be right.  He says something to WJ that the prince said to her in her past life.

The promo for episode 6 shows that more of the past will be revealed.  And the next grudge to be resolved is about conception.  Apparently WJ is more determined than ever before with this particular grudge (which makes me wonder if my earlier theory about her having been pregnant with the prince's child could be true).

Also, WJ's shaman mother had a vision about a jade ring before WJ was born.  The prince was waiting to give a jade ring to WJ on the night that her mother was murdered and she committed suicide.

.....editing because I forgot to add that KB is making progress in his relationship with the bodyguard.  ;)

Also:  Today's episode featured dumplings and they looked so good.  I am now seriously hungry for dumplings!  :lol:

I wanted dumplings too.

how do they tell jade rings apart in these shows?

I like this episode 5

in the past episodes we saw Kang-bae helped Wol-ju with his touch.

in episode 5, he can't make the man share his feels with his touch. but at early episode by said that he likes dumpling,

and then dumplings make the man comes to bar is really good idea.

Just logged in on my SF account to spazz about this drama. I've judged it too quickly during its premiere but it's getting really better. I'm excited for Hwang Jung-eum's character development.

Also, Han Kang-bae is hilarious af.

EZnqYn0VcAEnAv8?format=jpg&name=large

EZnqYokUYAAsJlK?format=jpg&name=large

Maknae’s Impression:

Mystic Pop-up Bar hwang jung-eum

Hwang Jung-eum finally found a drama that would help her shed-off her past three very similar characters. As much as I loved those rom-coms, it was time for Hwang Jung-eum to move on to something that would challenge her as an actress. Wol-ju was that right character for her. Unlike those dreamy bright leading ladies, Wol-ju was a jaded ghost who has a bad temper. I’m not worried at all about her portrayal of Wol-ju when the plot turned into its promising dark peak. Jung-eum has the right skills to use when it comes to those type of dramatic scenes.

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2020/05/30/first-impression-mystic-pop-up-bar/ 

13 hours ago, thistle said:

I also believe Guibanjang is the crown prince but that new character at the end of ep 5 is giving me "plot twist" signs all over. I think he's a swordsman of some sort, probably of the crown prince. It could also be Guibanjang in the past that's why he's also familiar with the crown prince's lines. Anyway this is just my very far-fetched theory hahaha

Had been grinning throughout most of episode 5 with some tears midway.

The beginning was so sweet. WJ seems to be really motherly towards KB hence some speculations on KB being WJ+crown prince baby might hold some substance to it. KB seems to be a kind and sensitive soul, it is hard to not want to feel like giving him a pat or a hug. His reaction towards WJ's cooking is also so heartwarming.

And I like how they spent some good solid moments building up the relationship and chemistry between WJ and GBJ in this episode, from playfully exchanging snacks, nonsensical banter, riding the bus together (and GBJ catching WJ woooo~) chasing evil spirits (and WJ getting impressed with GBJ's skills woooo~), to both zoning out together after GBJ taught KB to tell YR that he wants her to need him. I am somehow unsure that GBJ is the crown prince but I think GBJ does have a crush on WJ. I sense this might be going down a bittersweet path.

Hahaha and KB is obviously hopeless with the females. He started off so well telling YR she was special to him. YR was obviously charmed by that. But he had to continue by adding that she was the only one who felt nothing when touched by him HAHAHAHAHA I died from both their facial expressions right there. But I am so glad he is winning over YR's trust one step at a time and finally found himself a dance partner (can't wait to see their dance scene!!!).

Although KB's character is not naturally filled with charm, confidence and manliness (more like awkward and sensitive soul with no sense of socially appropriate communication hahaha), I really enjoyed how YR gets to see his good sides. And despite being a slightly timid character, he also impressed YR with his mustered up courage to stand up for the blind customer as well as to stand up for her at work. Eeee both of them seem so cute together!!!

I think this show also put in a lot of effort in their comedic timing and sound effects. Kudos to production team!

I especially loved how the cases are turning out to be more and more interesting. Like this episode's dementia man, seeing KB's limitation to his ability, unable to find the spirit and just all the emotions contained within this short story is just wow. The writer is amazing. I can't believe that they had managed to squeeze out some tears from me with this side story.

I also can't believe that we are already halfway through the drama this week! Perks of keeping it short is that every episode feels so exciting and intriguing with no dull moment. The pace is really good.

That bad guy from eps 5 give us a bad sign. Is it gonna be a plot twist? He shouldn't be Gui banjjang. Writernim won't let Wolju fall in love with Gui banjjang if he's the bad guy. Maybe there will be a new character for this bad guy plot, in next episodes? 

Just watched episode 6, and I laughed so hard.  Truly funny in a good old-fashioned slapstick way.  I have to admit that the fart scene had me in hysterics and so did the gout movie.  

.....editing to add that I just found this on YT:

1 hour ago, corey said:

OK, are we now positive that Manager Gui is the Crown prince? We see the bad/guy swordsman outside the bar commenting about "his friend"  - I assume the crown prince? Why then the crown prince did not reveal himself to Weol Ju? Or perhaps he does not know that she is his beloved from back then???

I am wondering whether we will see Kang Bae /Yeo Rim dance wearing those hm. slightly tight and revealing outfits???

I think Chief Gwi is fully aware, he seems to be by Wol Ju as a choice....but he may fear that Wol Ju being the rage nut case that she is, may push him away...after all, he did actively cause her misfortune...I want to see the dance as well...I liked how the confesticated her business and are punishing her with community service

And, I now curious with Kang Yeo Rin

Who is she? or what is going on with her?

before I wonder like this too, is because of Yeo Rin, the Death can't use his spell to Kang-Bae's friend(Choi Jin Dong)?

and in ep 6, we see that boys feels creepy if they touch her.

I can't wait to know more about her.

for now, I'm thinking, her parent gave her protection, so no one can hurt her, boys afraid with her if the boys don't Like / love her, or just want to use her. 

and because of this protection, Kang Bae can't make her tell her worries. And because Kang Bae really like Yeo Rin,  he doesn't get creepy feels from Yeo RIn.

but whatever the reason, I love so much.

16 minutes ago, Arcbow said:

And, I now curious with Kang Yeo Rin

Who is she? or what is going on with her?

before I wonder like this too, is because of Yeo Rin, the Death can't use his spell to Kang-Bae's friend(Choi Jin Dong)?

and in ep 6, we see that boys feels creepy if they touch her.

I can't wait to know more about her.

for now, I'm thinking, her parent gave her protection, so no one can hurt her, boys afraid with her if the boys don't Like / love her, or just want to use her. 

and because of this protection, Kang Bae can't make her tell her worries. And because Kang Bae really like Yeo Rin,  he doesn't get creepy feels from Yeo RIn.

but whatever the reason, I love so much.

I feel like an evil spirit is inside her body but I'm a clown so what do I know? hahaha

6 hours ago, corey said:

OK, are we now positive that Manager Gui is the Crown prince? We see the bad/guy swordsman outside the bar commenting about "his friend"  - I assume the crown prince? Why then the crown prince did not reveal himself to Weol Ju? Or perhaps he does not know that she is his beloved from back then???

I am wondering whether we will see Kang Bae /Yeo Rim dance wearing those hm. slightly tight and revealing outfits???

Yass Guibanjang = Crown Prince! I think he's aware of Weol-ju's identity. In the scene where Weol-ju opened up about her dream to have a family, his response was "I didn't know." and the way he said it was so loaded of regret. 

I also found an interesting theory from twitter. They say Kang Bae is Weol-ju's son. 

Anyway, I'm off to buy more stock for these emotional babies:

EZs9OhwVAAAul7Z?format=jpg&name=small

Archived