[Drama 2020] Mystic Pop Up Bar, 쌍갑포차

0ly40

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Cinnabar Yeo Rin was so much fun....episode 11 really was amazing...no preview...whaeeee

You can watch the preview on Jtbc's Instagram. Sorry I couldn't post it here due to the new rule.

The last episode is supposedly full of drama and tension. Can't wait till tomorrow as i place my heart on a happy ending.

Why this drama has to end anyway. 12 eps are never enough for me...

43 minutes ago, Eli Hoang said:

You can watch the preview on Jtbc's Instagram. Sorry I couldn't post it here due to the new rule.

The last episode is supposedly full of drama and tension. Can't wait till tomorrow as i place my heart on a happy ending.

Thank you...off to watching

53 minutes ago, Eli Hoang said:

It was planned as a short drama, and it was all pre-produced.   Now our Kennec fox Yook Sung Jae is in the military.   Really glad he made this drama before he went on duty.

Hwang Jung Eum (our WJ) has another drama starting July 6--it's a rom com; hope it will be a good one!  

Episode 11 Recap is out!
https://wp.me/p4EscY-2fy

Okay Weolju and Manager Gui were soo so so so cute this episode! I really hope we'll have a happy ending. They've suffered enough! And not an open ending like Hotel Del Luna where it's up to us to imagine how they might meet in the future, but an actual proper ending where the family's reunited! I really hope so at least!

37 minutes ago, corey said:

Out of sheer curiosity.. Which drama was that? You can put the name on spoilers or pm me - I am interested because it would be the second drama that I know of that the FL ended up with second lead...

Off to watching now... I can't wait.

@thistle - I am no big fan of Hwang Jung Eum - TBH I actually hated all of her characters in her dramas that I watched... and they were all "romcoms". So, much as I like her here, I have not big hopes for her new drama - chances are she she would play another doormat and pushover. But I will check it. What is the name  of the drama ? (sorry, I am lazy, I know I should check myself...)

Off topic but I LOVE your profile picture! Long-haired Jang Hyuk is something else!

I agree that a lot of HJE dramas are unwatchable (Kill Me Heal Me and Secret are the only ones I've managed to watch her in). She's so good when she tones it down but idk why she doesn't!

3 hours ago, thistle said:

It was!  I still believe that the final grudge solved will be for KB.  The soul of the Sacred Tree is inside him, and that has to be appeased since the Tree died because WJ hung herself on it.

Same here. The villain does have a grudge but it seems he was in the wrong anyway so I don’t see how his grudge should be settled without him understanding what he did wrong and repenting of it. He did unjustifiably kill the heroine’s mother just for his selfish ends. I assume that’s why he ended up in that world’s hell.

I think the below is the preview for tomorrow’s episode.

1 hour ago, corey said:

@thistle - I am no big fan of Hwang Jung Eum - TBH I actually hated all of her characters in her dramas that I watched... and they were all "romcoms". So, much as I like her here, I have not big hopes for her new drama - chances are she she would play another doormat and pushover. But I will check it. What is the name  of the drama ? (sorry, I am lazy, I know I should check myself...)

I've only seen her in Kill Me Heal Me (which was tolerable but a little annoying) and Mystic.  Since I like the current drama, I was hoping she'd be good in something else. 

The title seems a bit difficult because I've seen several versions of it.  To All the Guys Who Loved Me.  The Guy is That Guy.  and about half a dozen variations of that.  Try this:  description.

..... @celebrianna Thanks for the preview!  I looks like a heartbreaker!

1 hour ago, corey said:

What is the name  of the drama ? (sorry, I am lazy, I know I should check myself...)

@corey the show is Men are Men. 

Episode 11 was so good, each episode just gets better the past week and I’m so sad this show is coming to an end tomorrow. I saw the trailer on JTBC... can we get all the scenes in the trailer done and over with in 30 mins and leave the other 30 mins for a proper closure? I don’t want too much action - I just want a happy ending for them and as much time seeing them enjoy their time together as a couple and family trio. None of them deserve to go through anymore pain and sadness :nonono:

edit: after rewatching the preview I saw that Won Hyung pulled WJ down the stairs? Now I’m starting to feel like they might pull an open ending... what if both Gwi and WJ disappears after the big fight and KB never got to reconcile with them... and maybe as he is living his life with YR thinking they are gone forever, he suddenly comes across the PoCha tent again one fine day? And then: The End. 

haha I’ve let my imagination run while on what an open ending could look like... let’s keep our fingers crossed the production did not intend to be so cruel to us and our characters... it has been a very heartwarming and fun ride so far... anything other than a wholesome happy closure will thrust the show into a melo territory in its final run and we don’t need that pls!

7 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

the show is Men are Men. 

And that's another version of the title!  There seem to be a number of variations.  :lol:

Teaser for the rom com under the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

I've really admired HJE's long hair because of that hair pin.....oh well.

50 minutes ago, corey said:

Yes, her hairpin makes me want to get one just like that myself.

And the "fusion" clothing worn by Weol Ju! Printed blouses inspired by hanbok, crinoline-like skirts in bright colours,  all of this paired with socks and tennis shoes. I think the clothes designer for this show really had fun :D

If only the hair pin was not so expensive!  I really love it.

And I also loved the fusion clothes on this drama--so clever and so attractive.  :) 

I really like Samshin's character and actress. She's so fun and occasionally crude but then you will get serious scenes that remind the viewer she is an important deity.  Loved the three ladies getting their karaoke on in today's episode:exercice:

9 hours ago, whiteclover said:

Well... i came from another thread where i was so sure my OTP will be the end game but turns out the writer switch to the alternate pairing (which made no sense to me)at the last episode lmao. Hence my advice is to keep a neutral heart :) 

but judging from the show’s direction (no weird writing here), i think whether or not WJ & Gwi end up together its still a happy ending? Because they all met their past promises and (hopefully)managed to free KB from tortures for his subsequent reincarnations ? Eitherways im quite positive for the KB-YR couple :) 

:lol::lol::lol:LMAO! I know exactly what you are talking about.  We still have PTSD from that other thread and drama.  Definitely no "weird writing" here :relieved:

9 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Cinnabar Yeo Rin was so much fun....episode 11 really was amazing...no preview...whaeeee

She was fun! I was surprised by how well the young actress fit in these actresses who are 20 to 30 years older than her. 

7 hours ago, corey said:

Off to watching now... I can't wait.

OMG!  Same!  I wasn't going to watch this drama because of HJE but I'm glad I gave it a chance because she is much more tolerable here and I would have missed out on a lovely drama.

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Same here. The villain does have a grudge but it seems he was in the wrong anyway so I don’t see how his grudge should be settled without him understanding what he did wrong and repenting of it. He did unjustifiably kill the heroine’s mother just for his selfish ends. I assume that’s why he ended up in that world’s hell.

I think the below is the preview for tomorrow’s episode.

Thank you for the preview.  I have to admit I find WH a dull and one-dimensional villain.  I was hoping we would see a little more depth (for instance @thistle and I speculated he might have had feelings for WJ) but it really seems like he's just a standard plotting, over ambitious power hungry villain  I think this is where more episodes might have come in handy as they could have developed the character (and other Joseon characters) a bit more in the flashbacks.

5 hours ago, corey said:

Also - I think Yeo Rin in hanbok looked just awesome!

I believe female hanbok is not the most flattering attire, as it hides your waist, but for Yeo Rin - she looked better in hanbok than in modern clothing.

And the "fusion" clothing worn by Weol Ju! Printed blouses inspired by hanbok, crinoline-like skirts in bright colours,  all of this paired with socks and tennis shoes. I think the clothes designer for this show really had fun :D

I definitely agree about Yeorin.  The hanbok styling was much more flattering for her than her usual modern clothing.  She looked really good!

Weol-Ju's hanbok inspired clothing is so pretty imaginative.  A lot of her modern outfits were really stylish too. Great work from the stylist for the show.

I love this drama. The build up of the story is quite good. Hwang Jung Eum toning down her acting makes her lovable and relatable. Likewise, I think this is the role that fits Choi Won Young the best. He got to show his acting skills, even if only for short periods. But I cannot get over the fact that he's always peeling onions! What's with that?

Wol Ju''s binyeo is a plain silver one. But it costs around $480. Whew! I cannot imagine the price of the more elaborate binyeo in jade and gold.

Am going to miss Yook Sung Jae.

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

Wol Ju''s binyeo is a plain silver one. But it costs around $480. Whew! I cannot imagine the price of the more elaborate binyeo in jade and gold.

$380 on Etsy.  Too expensive.

il_794xN.2134130818_cw56.jpg

...............editing to add this: 

Since there was absolutely no way on earth I could purchase it, I found a different Binyeo on eBay for $3.44.  Yes, it's a cheapie, and yes, it probably may look nothing like the picture.  Yes, I ordered it a month ago and it still hasn't arrived.   But why not?!  Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.  :)  And anyway it's about 1% of the price of the real one and that seemed worth the risk.  :lol:

s-l1600.jpg

19 minutes ago, corey said:

It does look nice in the picture, I hope you won't be disappointed! Is it at least silver -plated? I have been thinking of getting one, but there is no way I can wear it - my hair is too thin, there is nothing to hold the pin in place :(. Not even if I tie my hair the French-roll style that modern Weol-Ju is doing her hair in. It is such a pretty and unique ornament, I wonder if modern Korean women also sometimes wear a binyeo the way Weol Ju is wearing it. If not, it is such a a shame!

If you can gather your hair into a ponytail and wrap the ends around it, you should still be able to use a binyeo because the ponytail elastic is something you can slip the binyeo through.  :)  

No doubt the binyeo I ordered will be cheap rhodium, and there's no way it would be plated.  I've ordered way too many hair ornaments online to have any illusions left about that.  :lol: 

Spoiler

Really, I have serious issues with hair ornaments--I have three dresser drawers overflowing with them and also a box full that has nowhere to go.  But does that stop me ordering another something?  Of course not.  Why would I be sensible!  I'll never wear them all and I don't care.  I just pull up a chair to the dresser full of hair jewelry and sit there playing like a little kid.  :wub:  Everybody has gotta have some kind of happy.  And this is mine.

19 minutes ago, corey said:

Guys. Pretty please. What is the name of the drama? I am about to die out of curiosity here !

I think I know which one:

Spoiler

Born Again.  I quit watching the drama because the thread drove me nuts.

5 hours ago, corey said:

Thanks. In such a case I do not know if I am able to go through it

@thistle @corey HAHAHAH just don't ... it'll make you have PTSD like what @raziela said...

Anw its the last episode tonight !!!  I can't wait. I wonder if there is a possibility of a next season tho since it was only 12 Episodes. But either way, KB in in the military now :( means we can't see cute KB anywhere the next 1.5 year... 

Any recommendations for my next drama to watch?? Probably will start mid series so i don't have to wait weekly :) just need to fill myself with some shows before Flower of Evil premieres :lol: 

7 hours ago, thistle said:

Since there was absolutely no way on earth I could purchase it, I found a different Binyeo on eBay for $3.44.  Yes, it's a cheapie, and yes, it probably may look nothing like the picture.  Yes, I ordered it a month ago and it still hasn't arrived.   But why not?!  Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.  :)  And anyway it's about 1% of the price of the real one and that seemed worth the risk.  :lol:

That looks gorgeous! I hope it is as nice as the picture.

6 hours ago, corey said:

Same here! Maybe I can afford somethink like that just to console myself while he is in the military  :D

Oh my gosh! So cute! He does look like a fennec fox:lol:

6 hours ago, corey said:

Guys. Pretty please. What is the name of the drama? I am about to die out of curiosity here !

@thistle is correct about the drama name. Lovelines aside the drama is a mess plotwise anyway so I wouldn't recommend.

Archived