[Drama 2020] Mystic Pop Up Bar, 쌍갑포차

0ly40

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

...not criticising the plot but I am amused how everybody seems to recognise everybody, living or deity but WJ recognises nobody.

I wonder if it part of the curse on her because her punishment seems different than what others go through.

23 minutes ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

I am jittery at this juncture whether to carry on watching. WJ signed the go2hell contract which means she would be separated from Chief Gwi and Son soon?

spoiler from today's episode

Spoiler

Gui pleaded to be able to take her place in receiving the punishment from the contract.  Now WJ won't go to hell because she learned the secrets but Gui will.

Ep 10 recap is out!

https://unstoppablesun.com/2020/06/18/mystic-pop-up-bar-ep-10-recap-and-weolju-knows/

I'm so excited for next week episode!!! The previews see pretty cute so maybe we'll have a happy ending?

Also, is it just me or did Kangbae seem to be a little different in the preview? Is he the child, and does the preview show the Sacred Tree speaking through him?

10 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I think the final two grudges would be Weol Joo herself and that cinnabar...?? But please this family can't be torn apart like that....I won't be able to take it

*the people's stories. sorry about that I was so excited and it cut off my post. Anyway you are definitely right. I was actually expecting that by 99996 they won't have any new cases because they will be the last grudges to be resolved. C

Something definitely happened with the cinnabar in the past. Did you also see the preview where kang bae in all black is sort of in the cave where the cinnabar was before? Hmmm...I have to check again. We have one more week before the last 2 episodes. I can't wait!

10 hours ago, thistle said:

It really is a sad shame because this drama is such a little gem.  From what I read in news stories, some people have avoided this wonderful drama because accusations were made against the PD; although those accusations were proved to be false, the damage was already done. 

Ohh is that why? The story the casting and everything looks great for me. It was also interesting enough that I kept coming back for morel. I actually did not plan to watch this. It just happened to be in netflix and I started it and got hooked more every week. It's such a shame. This is a good drama. People are missing a lot by skipping this

10 hours ago, corey said:

I am right with you! It has been such a happy experience for me watching this (with a very few exceptions of toilet and fart jokes). I am 99% sure we will get happy ending, with a show like this I just cannot imagine we get sad ending.

I also cannot understand why people are not watching this drama. Acting is good, writing is consistent, I root for both couples of lovers  (especially for our Fennec fox face :wub:) and the story is gripping and engaging. I will be one of the few shows that I woluld re-watch just for the sheer pleasure of seeing the heroes and heroines again!

I agree with you both. They're really good. And it's not dragging. Every episode is so much fun and just enough to keep their story going while settling grudges and introducing new people with different stories each time. Actually that's the charm of this drama in my opinion. 

I meant we have a couple who love so deeply accepting punishment for their decisions when they were young, one with a nasty temper but underneath has a good heart, the other is the invisible knight in shining armor. and oh add our cute kangbae and yeorin couple who's just the perfect yin and yang and we have those poor souls with grudges to settle coming from different backgrounds with different stories. Anyone can relate right? There's so much more to love in this drama. 

9 hours ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

...not criticising the plot but I am amused how everybody seems to recognise everybody, living or deity but WJ recognises nobody.

I am jittery at this juncture whether to carry on watching. WJ signed the go2hell contract which means she would be separated from Chief Gwi and Son soon?

I really enjoyed how they played out the romance between the parents and also between the two young lovebirds. We all want a sweet ending.:ohboy2:...and the fake grim reaper can keep what he had swallowed.

hahaha she did finally recognize the queen. haha. 

and I'm laughing so hard on that fake grim reaper statement. I can't wait to know what happened in the past. 

at this point I actually pity Yeomradeawang. she's so frustrated but I think she now gets the cycle will keep repeating. WJ sacrifices for her son/kang bae, the prince sacrifices for WJ. now she's probably thinking what on earth will WJ do once she realize that the crown prince will take her place in hell? :joy: on and on and on. 

8 hours ago, hyukjaeismine said:

Ep 10 recap is out!

https://unstoppablesun.com/2020/06/18/mystic-pop-up-bar-ep-10-recap-and-weolju-knows/

I'm so excited for next week episode!!! The previews see pretty cute so maybe we'll have a happy ending?

Also, is it just me or did Kangbae seem to be a little different in the preview? Is he the child, and does the preview show the Sacred Tree speaking through him?

Oh I was mistaken. I checked it again and it seems it was not the cave where the cinnabar was but KB was actually in front of the sacred tree!

8 hours ago, corey said:

No, not only you! I also noticed he is different, not his usual naive, slightly lost and good natured self. He looks more mature, and very, very cool :wub:

I agree. I was about to comment on that one too. he seems different. is he talking to the sacred tree? do you think it was in the dream world? kangbae and the sacred tree are connected. They did say that the grudges from the sacred tree transferred to the soul of WJ's unborn child. They are connected or they are one.

I avoided this thread until I caught up with all the episodes as I didn't want to to be spoiled but I just wanted to chime in and say I adore this wonderful gem of a drama. It is so moving, sweet, smart and sometimes extremely funny (that Gout Lovers movie had me crying with laughter :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:)

I love all the characters especially our little family of three and the depiction of the corporate afterlife.  I am not usually a fan of Hwang Jung-eum's acting but I really like her as bad-tempered, prickly Weol-Ju who really has a soft heart of gold:D  Kang-Bae is just one of the sweetest, kindest, loveable and most adorable male leads I've ever watched.  I just want him to be happy forever and ever and ever:wub:  So happy he found a family with Weol-Ju and Chief Gwi.  His little romance with Yeo Rin is adorable too.

I am sad this isn't a 16 episode drama because I'm not ready to say goodbye next week.  I do appreciate that the 12 episode format means that they don't drag things out and the cases in each episode are nice and self-contained.

This is the best show on tv right now! It is getting better and better and I may have to rewatch when it’s over, except HJE is doing another show right after. I may rewatch anyway. 

looks like we have everyone in their place! And how weird to be living the Queen’s thoughts and life in modern times. Does Park Eun Hye’s character expect people to bow and scrape? 

Amyway, I love our two couples! 

IDK but this is my thought about Kang Bae. Kang Bae as the son of Weol Joo makes sense. According to the scroll (in ep. 9) the sacred tree's sorrow entered WJ son’s soul. The tree also died that night. In the past, people told their worries to the sacred tree. That's why Kang Bae’s powers made them tell their worries to him. What a match. And after the 100.000 grudge is pass, Kang Bae's curse will be end.

Just managed to watch episode 9 and I got to say the description of "Kang Bae is not someone to sweep you off your feet but someone who grows on you" and "Kang Bae is like a fairytale princess" were my favourite lines HAHAHAHAHAH. He is indeed like a fairytale princess and Yeo Rin need to get on that friggin horse to come save him quick!!!! 

13 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

Genuine question to Mystic Pop Up bar fans,Why do u think Giwi is hesitant to tell Weol Ju he’s the crown prince ?

Just my thinking--maybe someone else knows more:

WJ believes that the crown prince betrayed her by agreeing to marry someone else.  She does not know that the queen arranged the marriage.  She does not know that the prince killed his guard and committed suicide.  She also does not know that he has spent the past 500 years atoning or that his gift for his exemplary service in the otherworld police is to help WJ complete her task.

I think that he is afraid that she will reject him if she knew that he is helping because she is unaware of the queen's role in his marriage.  She really needs his help to finish her tasks in time to avoid hell.  But, of course, there may be more to it than that.

Moderators note . 
Hi all . Just a note going forward. No IG posts allowed due to IG’s recent policy / ruling in the US . 

Please note  Update #4 posted at the top of the forum page 
You may use other social media platforms 

13 hours ago, Danielle Isabella said:

IDK but this is my thought about Kang Bae. Kang Bae as the son of Weol Joo makes sense. According to the scroll (in ep. 9) the sacred tree's sorrow entered WJ son’s soul. The tree also died that night. In the past, people told their worries to the sacred tree. That's why Kang Bae’s powers made them tell their worries to him. What a match. And after the 100.000 grudge is pass, Kang Bae's curse will be end.

YES!  I also think Kang-Bae is their son. i wonder does this mean he has lived this miserable fate over and over for 500 years?:bawling:

11 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

Just managed to watch episode 9 and I got to say the description of "Kang Bae is not someone to sweep you off your feet but someone who grows on you" and "Kang Bae is like a fairytale princess" were my favourite lines HAHAHAHAHAH. He is indeed like a fairytale princess and Yeo Rin need to get on that friggin horse to come save him quick!!!! 

:lol: He isn't the typical dashing prince and needs rescuing more than he is the rescuer but he still makes our hearts flutter:loveu:

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

So fun...:lol:

:Megalol: This was sooo funnny especially when Weol-ju was like where do you even buy things like this?:lol::lol::lol:  The whole part when she was trying to impress YeoRin with Kang-Bae's "manly" attributes was hilarious but in the end he won Yeorin over just being his kind and considerate self.  One of the things I love about this drama is it is so funny but can be so touching in the next moment like when they were talking about their experiences being rejected:tears:

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Moderators note . 
Hi all . Just a note going forward. No IG posts allowed due to IG’s recent policy / ruling in the US . 

Please note  Update #4 posted at the top of the forum page 
You may use other social media platforms 

I saw the update.  Not your faults obviously but that is such a pity:( 

I do love the new animated gifs though!:happy:

I too also think KB is their son. And for some reason, I think Samshin is WJ’s mother. 

When Gui came and ask her why didn’t she stop WJ from making the deal, she said she knows her the most. My instinct is that she is WJ’s mom. Plus, Gui always hints to WJ that her mother could be watching over her.

but Death is the evil spirit’s dad. So if the evil spirit is his son, then how did he become Death while the son suffered in Hell? Death is a high rank so does this mean, he was a righteous dad in the living realm. It seems like the problem is the son. He even possessed his dad. 

And shouldn’t Yeo-(that high supervisor) know something is up with Death. Gui can’t sense it but given her powers, shouldn’t she at least know? :blink:

Hello Everyone!  Glad to see a forum for this gem of a drama my Korean friends all telling me to watch. So please excuse my not reading other comments /pages in advance. So this week, I marathoned all 9 episodes in 2 days after work then watched ep 10 yesterday.  WOW! WOW.

WJ under her tough exterior she is a sweetie pie. Dang about the Crown Prince not wanting WJ to know. His love to be there and atone for her past wrongs and to give himself for her. OMG. He promised to protect her and couldn't. Both he and WJ are people of their own words. But with their station in life def did not help. 

One hand the reincarnation of the Queen mom--I was glad she was not trying to to be MEAN to WJ. At least she realized her son wanted to be with WJ and could not leave until he helped WJ.

As for the bodyguard overtaking his dad's body, yeah that was no big reveal. When Gui mentioned it weird he did not have ramen and the shift in his eyes---def were a dead giveaway. (no pun intended).

@vangsweetie637 Def feel you are on the right tract. The preview showing our puppy KB in Black and looking all cool def something is up. I am all aboard your theory Samshin is her mom and KB is /could be her son. The fact that CHief Gwi --WJ FINALLY realized who he was. Dang, he kind of gave clues. Why would an ELITE detective be content to help her? THere is a motive. But I guess she was so obsessed with achieving her goal (so focused) she could not think of anything else.

Love how WJ bite is not strong and she is a softie. Glad that Samsin came to KB and told the truth.

I love how KB loves being with Chief Gwi and WJ. He doesn't want their time to end. How lost he looked when they were stuck trying to help his colleagues grandfather to save his friend. Loved that the elder had so many good deeds to help the grandmother's back. I think that was TRUE better than the lottery. (Having money for the surgery doesn't necessarily mean success and money doesn't always mean happiness either.)

Loved KB and YR had  lovely chat about their lives after he stood up to YR's old crush. Go KB! No needing to flash our muscles/abs/ or wit just BE you. Sweet you--defender of others and doing what is RIGHT!  (Why KB started liking her when she defended that blind guy with the dog. She noticed that KB was not bad too for knowing the laws.) I am SOOO looking forward to their KISS!

One thing I LOVE is that the drama is remind people---bad deeds have consequences. Try to be yourself and no need to be someone else.  Many great positive messages/reminders indeed in this drama.

@Nodame agree! Throughout the episodes, we kept getting hints that KB can be the son and Shimshin is the mom. KB, in the preview, is standing in front of the Sacred Tree. And we saw Shimshin more than once already. If her role was just simply for a conception dream, then it would have ended on the episode of the conception dream. But we got to see more of Shimshin and we can easily see she loves WJ a lot and knows more about her than anyone. I think her face is different because she has aged. Same with Gui. He no longer has the young prince’s face. WJ doesn’t recognize SS as her mom because she never got to see her mom in old age. She never saw Gui grow older either. And all this time, she thought the prince betrayed her so she only had resentment towards him. She never thought he would be right by her side all this time. This show is funny and heartbreaking at the same time. I am laughing one moment then crying the next. Like this:

tenor.gif

It is obvious these two still love each other. But how to mend the broken past? They need to communicate and talk out all the misunderstandings. Pali!! 

55 minutes ago, raziela said:

:lol: He isn't the typical dashing prince and needs rescuing more than he is the rescuer but he still makes our hearts flutter

Hello again @raziela! Hahaha finally having you here! I know, his character is so awww and you just can't help but love him despite him being all silly sometimes. I just love the fact that he needs Yeo Rin to help him at silly things like opening the bottle but he steps up at the really important moment like telling off Yeo Rin's ex crush (as well as previously the customers who were stealing). They are both such opposites. One is strong on the outside but timid on the inside. The other appears timid on the outside but has some really great inner strength. It's just a blissful feeling seeing both of them.

Despite having wished for more twists in the earlier episodes and desiring the characters to be different from what they appeared to be, I think there's still something quite beautiful about the relationships despite it being predictable even from early on in the episodes. I hope the trio can have a happy ending because they are growing on me T_____T

@vangsweetie637 AMEN! I agree she did not get to see what they would look like and older. As her baby was unborn it is forgivable she did not recognize KB as her child. Then again he is a HUMAN as we know the Human reincarnations do not HAVE to look exactly alike their former past life self though. Same for Chief Gwi not recognizing him as a mature age. But with  Samshin as her mom (yet Samshin is NOT that old looking though) but agree she could be her mom.  YES, when WJ begged to SS to give her the name so she can keep her promise to KB broke my heart. So when SS told Chief Gwi---cause I know WJ I had to do what she asked. But another thing, we could be presuming their looks cannot be changed . 

I totally with you a 110% with all the intense emotions I felt-laughing and crying. But in a good and cleansing way! During this pandemic, I have found some dramas better to watch LIVE or else I will never watch it. Other dramas are great to marathon --this one is it! Not a dull moment and it was HARD to stop and go to work or sleep (reality of our day to day lives sigh).

Sad it is ending but glad to be caught up with this drama and I do love the actors in it! No weak link! :heart3:

So now WJ finally know Chief Gwi is her Prince, just let her KNOW already.

Yup still need the kiss from YR and KB so WJ can help him so to keep her promise.

Archived