[Drama 2020] Hyena 하이에나

larus

2 hours ago, larus said:

Geum Ja did her job to convince  Seo Jun Hwa to come back to the abusive boyfriend (for Chairman`s birthday party) but she was not heartless like Hee Jae or others thought. Thinking of the situation with a clear head, she was pragmatic. She gave her a good advice. Knowing how this people could do anything they want, including illegal things and then got scot-free, she would have end up worst. She advice her to come back and take her time to let go to both of those men. It is an impossible romance. It could bring a tragedy.  I think next time she should plan really well her escape from that family.

I disagree, that spoilt rich abused mistress had plenty of options but the best one was the one given by HJ: leave Korea, go settle in London, have an art gallery of your own. This would've ensured she's far removed from that crazy household and Chan-Ho. I think HJ is a more cool-headed professional idealistic lawyer than JGJ who is an unapologetic desperate go-getting cynical shark. She played the weakness of that woman and told her to go back. No sensible conscientious lawyer would've done that. But frankly, it's not JGJ's fault either. The mistress shouldn't have agreed with the exploitative nonsense JGJ spouted. She knew better (that Chan-Ho is a crazy unhinged maniac) and still went back. I think he'll either kill her or that bf, or she'll kill him. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

Again, he really does not read Geum Ja at all. He doesn`t what makes her click. It is not his fault at this point but I expect seing them working together, to know each other better. Geum Ja empathized with Ko Yi-Man because he was abused by his mother. Oh, man, it was disturbing to see that woman hitting the employee like that in fron of all those people.

What Geum Ja wanted for him, to liberate himself from the toxic relationship, was valid but in the same time I believe that Hee-Jae negotiated a good deal for him. For now, it is hard for Ko Yi Man to be on his own completely but he has to learn how to be independent, asertive. I felt so sorry for him! When he hugged Geum Ja, she took her by surprise. 

HJ's deal was better and professional and the only one that gave both clients (the evil mother and son) something. The only reason JGJ felt strongly about the violinist is because she recognized herself in that abused boy and wanted to get a thorough revenge on the abuser-mother. Again, not good sensible lawyering. As we've seen in flashback, JGJ bit the ear off even when she was a child, she was a strong never-back-down kind of kid. That violinist had none of her grit, he was one lonely depression away from suicide or a complete nervous breakdown! HJ read him and the situation better. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

It was one of my favorite scenes. She said that she lives only for the present and he said that he is the same in the past or in the future.

It is obvious that Geum Ja suits her that he is seing her as ruthless or being angry at her. This way she protects herself. She is very guarded and the moment Hee Jae will realise that, Geum Ja becomes more vulnerable. I hope he will show maturity and not want to equal the score, by taking revenge or something. I hope he will help her open up more when it comes to their feelings, not work against her.

That was a great scene. But I read her dialogue 'whatever I was in the past and in the future is not me' to mean that she will continue to roadkill people to get what she wants (because she either wants revenge from someone or her background is too notorious) - that none of the personalities is the real her but help her achieve her goals. And his dialogue, 'I am the same, in the past, and future' read like whatever he liked in the past, he will like in the future too because he has no grand mysteries, he's an open book. 

I think it showed HJ was willing to cross a bridge to show his vulnerabilities more than JGJ, who will continue to step on his toes and other organs. The score is being maintained by both of them - but he didn't start it. She did. That she's a tough nut to crack is the understatement of the century, with a giant wall inbetween, and he recognizes it. But he is a quiet loner too. I don't think he's looking for anything from her side anymore - he's been burnt in more ways than one by now. But he will learn to respect her professionally when she gives results in her unique way, and talks tough to all the boys-in-suits without batting an eyelash. But as ex-lovers, right now, she's the woman who screwed him up and cost him professionally and personally and is now a partner in his law firm! He did nothing wrong, she reminds him of his failure as a sentimental lover-boy, so why should he be kind or understanding? JGJ is nothing like the woman he fell for. Or is she?!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, noor1 said:

He did nothing wrong, she reminds him of his failure as a sentimental lover-boy, so why should he be kind or understanding? JGJ is nothing like the woman he fell for. Or is she?!

I think she enjoyed the relationship with him more than she wants to admit it. Yes, she thought she has to accomplish her plan but I think she liked it.

I saw a sadness in her eyes when he took back the watch and even now when he left the disc to her to be thrown by her (she won`t do it).

I like Hee Jae because he put his feeling upfront. he is the type who puts his heart on his sleeve.  His feelings for her were genuinely and she hurt him very much. But I still root for them as a couple.

The game of Tom and Jerry is fun but I want at some point to evolved in something else. I laughed when Yoon Hee-Jae was so happy before the meeting and  when his face dropped when she saw her at Song & Kim. He doesn`t seem to escape her. I knew the moment he was in good mood that she will be at the meeting.

It was funny when she was screaming because of her frustration, saying that she hates Song & Kim and here she is. :D

I don`t think she fits Song & Kim but it will be interesting to see how she adapts there. When Ma Seok-Koo was displeased with Yoon Hee-Jae and treated him horribly, I was thinking, just wait a little to see how you handle Geum Ja. :D

5 hours ago, noor1 said:

I disagree, that spoilt rich abused mistress had plenty of options but the best one was the one given by HJ: leave Korea, go settle in London, have an art gallery of your own. This would've ensured she's far removed from that crazy household and Chan-Ho. I think HJ is a more cool-headed professional idealistic lawyer than JGJ who is an unapologetic desperate go-getting cynical shark. She played the weakness of that woman and told her to go back. No sensible conscientious lawyer would've done that. But frankly, it's not JGJ's fault either. The mistress shouldn't have agreed with the exploitative nonsense JGJ spouted. She knew better (that Chan-Ho is a crazy unhinged maniac) and still went back. I think he'll either kill her or that bf, or she'll kill him. 

I agree with you. The best for Seo Jung hwa was to accept the Ha Hye-Won`s proposal but it was not Geun Ja`s fault that she did not excepted the proposal. Of course, all these hyena lawyers are not little angels. They are manipulative and look for their interest along with the client`s interest. I think Yoon Hee Jae would have done the same think if his client was Ha Chan-Ho. Let`s not forget he was the lawyer who wanted to win custudy of Ha Chan Ho`s son to his client at that time. I don`t think one lawyer is better than the other.

The majority of their clients are not so nice people themselves. 

She is juggling at the line between law and lawless but I feel something endearing about her underneath all the "steel".  What I like about Geum Ja is that she is not heartless as she wants her to appear.  I like how she dealt with Seo Jung Hwa. She asked her what do you want before she told her conditions. She said that her best advice is to disregard her heart (to not want to see the younger brother either) but she knew that will be very hard right now. Seo Jung Hwa did not accepted Ha Hye-Won/ Yoon Hee-Jae`s proposal because of that "stupid" love. I understand her. She can`t control her feelings. Those feelings are not logical.  But I still believe that Geum Ja gave her a good advice under those circumstances. Seo Jung Hwa left Ha Chan Ho just because she loves the younger brother but even if Ha Chan Ho will be sent to jail for a while, her nighmare won`t be over. Geum Ja gave her a temporary solution. I believe that what she will do in the future is up to her. I hope she will find a way to escape the family to put both men behind her. 

I wonder if she would have accepted the offer to leave to London  if her loved one would have run away with her.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, noor1 said:

JGJ is nothing like the woman he fell for. Or is she?!

My opinion is that HJ fell in love with the real GJ and vice versa. It was supposed to be a love trap, but I think GJ operated as her unguarded self. My hope is that when they get to know each other the proper way, they'll realize that who they got to know inside is not a sham after all. We'll see!

7 hours ago, larus said:

I think she enjoyed the relationship with him more than she wants to admit it. Yes, she thought she has to accomplish her plan but I think she liked it.

I think so too. From the flashbacks, HJ seemed really sweet and romantic with her. I can't imagine he was not able to swoon her just the little bit. It would be nice if we got flashbacks from her perspective to better understand how she truly felt while they were "dating".

I got the sense from the bar conversation that she is actually upset with how HJ moved on so quickly with someone. She followed up by saying that this is why you can only trust yourself. Maybe she'll lower her guard a bit when she finds out that he technically didn't date that girl for real.

7 hours ago, larus said:

I don`t think she fits Song & Kim but it will be interesting to see how she adapts there. When Ma Seok-Koo was displeased with Yoon Hee-Jae and treated him horribly, I was thinking, just wait a little to see how you handle Geum Ja. :D

LOL. I don't think she fits in S&K either, but agree it will be fun to see her shake things up there. :D

From working together, I think GJ will observe the crap that HJ has to deal with at the firm and he will understand why she has to hustle as a "low-class" lawyer. It seems they recruited her to S&K as a "cleaner" for the less desirable cases.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

From working together, I think GJ will observe the crap that HJ has to deal with at the firm and he will understand why she has to hustle as a "low-class" lawyer. It seems they recruited her to S&K as a "cleaner" for the less desirable cases.

Agree. GJ has become the 'Michael Clayton' of S&K. At least GJ & HJ are sort of on the same team. Looking forward to the interoffice high jinks.:w00t:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

It is normal that she will get the uninterested cases or cases that nobody will want. She is new there. And we know that there is a fierce competition between lawyers from the same company. Yes, Geum Ja will understand better how Hee Jae is feeling and how he is treated there and he will see how she is working. Of course, Geum Ja is unhappy to see that she is the cleaner at Song & Kim but knowing her and Hee Jae, they will find a way to be on top again.

From the preview, Hee Jae will be put in the same team with Geum ja? :w00t: Good. At first it will come out some spark from their interaction but I think they will be perfect as a team. A blessing in disguise? I am curious who was initially with this idea and why he put them to work together in the same team. If it was Ma Seok-Gu, I am sure he wanted to put Hee Jae in a bad position. I will thank him. :)

I like so the relationship between Song Pil-Joong and Hee Jae. Song Pil Joong take Hee Jae`s side in many ocassions. I am glad our hero has someone on his side at that firm.

10 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I think so too. From the flashbacks, HJ seemed really sweet and romantic with her. I can't imagine he was not able to swoon her just the little bit. It would be nice if we got flashbacks from her perspective to better understand how she truly felt while they were "dating".

Geum Ja`s heart is not made from strone. No matter how guarded she is, I am sure she enjoyed the period when Hee Jae courted her. But she won`t accept it. It is easy to hide now behind "I did it just to trick you" than recognize that she has a vulnerability. I felt sorry for Hee Jae who wanted to hear her saying that not everything was a lie. At this point, even if Geum ja will tell the truth about her feelings, he won`t believe her. She has to earn his trust back and won`t be easy. But working together is a first step on the right direction. :) Bring it on!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Comrades, I do believe they're each other's first loves.  We know GJ is HJ's first love but it's also getting clearer that HJ is the only man GJ got to know intimately.  She surely enjoyed her time with him.  She knows she can't be with him because they live in different worlds so she still denies her true feelings.  What she said in front of him and how she acted when he wasn't looking aren't the same.  She just called him on the phone so casually and comfortably like they're still an item.  Habit?  It's hinted heavily she loves him.

My beef with ep 4 is that it's awkward.  The issue of parental abuse and control with a gay son is controversal but it kind of fizzled out in an anticlimactic manner.  It was quite a let down.  I'm also not crazy about the unnatural and awkward meeting of the main couple at the after party.  Then there was the detail about how HJ knew which gay bar the violinist went to.  How did he know that?  Is there such thing as queer music?  HJ just had to go there to meet the guy when he was at a gay bar during night time to negotiate.  Then HJ's boss somehow also worked at night and called GJ right after that.  Peeps really, you have no life or somethin' ?

Ep 4 definitely is the weakness link.  But I like the ending.

• Like 2

have been busy and was just able to finish with ep4. 

On 3/2/2020 at 9:47 AM, taeunfighting said:

My opinion is that HJ fell in love with the real GJ and vice versa.

i thought that the GJ that HJ fell in love with was a fake. She had thoroughly studied him before moving in on him but i won't deny that she like him, who wouldn't? He handsome, attractive and likable. I can see a hint of jealousy when she said his date had got her face completely redone but she look pretty even without surgery. 

I understand that GJ is not joining Song &Amp as just an attorney but a 'partner' meaning she is in one of the top position and entitled to a share of the profits. 

• Like 2

I managed to catch the 1st half of last night’s before I had to stop . So we find out how & why GJ came to become an equity partner ( which angered many of the others ) . She had initially refused , or rather she knew it was too good of a deal . Basically the big Song boss needs her to clean up all the difficult cases & do the stuff the others won’t do . One of the Song senior partners who spoke to her initially blackmailed her into taking on the job . He has the file cases of her previous jobs where he says he can prove she used underhanded ways to win her cases . 
of course as “fate” would have it , her first assignment involves her working with Yoon’s team ..and you can imagine how that is going to go down :joy:
Can’t wait to finish up the rest later .. I ship this crack pairing ! 

I do think they’d end up working well together despite them disagreeing with each other . 
Preview

@Shinobu while there’s no guarantee the ship will sail , they are definitely teasing us hard ! :lol:

ending 

GJ : “uri “ - Us? Who exactly were we ? 
HJ : we were two people in love !

:mrgreen: what a way to end the episode. Sparks were flying in that storeroom ! 

Anyway I finished the second half of last night & some key things that happened:

- GJ is determined she’ll lead the D&T case , and meets each of HJ’s team one by one to either order / convince them to be at a meeting that she’ll lead in 2 days time 

- HJ’s dad is appointed Supreme Court Justice. So suddenly all the other senior partners especially the one who hates HJ are treating him nicely , wants him on their  team . Even invites him to their private drink meet up where they discuss their dissatisfaction with Song for bringing GJ in like that .
- They question how Song’s thoughts/ plans ...I wonder if there’ll be an internal revolt against Song in the near future because they seem to be unhappy that he has the ultimate say . There’s a hidden card here for these disgruntled partners in the form of the other founder - a lady ( Kim. Min Joo ) who makes up the half of Song & Kim . She’s been away but Ma is updating her on what’s been going on . 

New stills. Looking forward to them coming to some sort of understanding 

19 minutes ago, triplem said:

Anyway I finished the second half of last night & some key things that happened:

I have to watch again because the subtitles were messed up for the second part (when I watched last night) but I understood quite well what was going on. Thanks for the recap.

Watch: Kim Hye Soo And Joo Ji Hoon Become Shy While Filming Kiss Scene In “Hyena”

Mar 7, 2020
by L. Kim
4646f60a358e48edbe2b62926bd62997.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Hyena” has released a new making-of video!

The video starts off with Kim Hye Soo and Joo Ji Hoon preparing for a kiss scene. They rehearse their lines in a professional manner while receiving suggestions from the director.

The official filming starts, and they faithfully immerse into their roles. They share a romantic kiss, and when the director cuts filming, they pull apart with a hint of sheepishness. Joo Ji Hoon incredulously asks, “It’s over?,” and Kim Hye Soo shyly laughs. The director comments that they have to redo it because the LP record was spinning.

SBS’s “Hyena” has released a new making-of video!

The video starts off with Kim Hye Soo and Joo Ji Hoon preparing for a kiss scene. They rehearse their lines in a professional manner while receiving suggestions from the director.

The official filming starts, and they faithfully immerse into their roles. They share a romantic kiss, and when the director cuts filming, they pull apart with a hint of sheepishness. Joo Ji Hoon incredulously asks, “It’s over?,” and Kim Hye Soo shyly laughs. The director comments that they have to redo it because the LP record was spinning.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1387059wpp/watch-kim-hye-soo-and-joo-ji-hoon-become-shy-while-filming-kiss-scene-in-hyena

“Hyena” Records Highest Ratings Yet, “Itaewon Class” Continues To Go Strong

Mar 7, 2020
by R. Jun
d383d530eb4d44fdb53356b70f46de35.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Hyena” and JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” are both going strong!

According to Nielsen Korea, the March 6 broadcast of “Hyena” hit nationwide averages of 9.7 and 11.8 percent viewership, a 0.6 point increase from its previous high point in ratings. In its most-watched minute, the drama reached 13.2 percent viewership.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387033wpp/hyena-records-highest-ratings-yet-itaewon-class-continues-to-go-strong

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Kim Ho-jung, appeared in 'Hyena' Song & Kim CEO

8738490a-aaee-4fc0-bba8-bfdbb9a70869.jpg

"Kim Ho-jung plays the role of Kim Min Joo,  the second daughter of the lawyer Kim Byung-hoon, who founded the law firm Kim Byung-hoon, the predecessor of the law firm Song & Kim.

Kim Ho-jung, who made her debut in 1999, recently appeared in JTBC 'Chocolate' to play Han Sun-ae. In addition, she has continued  activities such as filming the drama 'Chimera' which will be aired later.

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/1406_202003040936015589

From the picture/poster above, Kim Chang-Wook, the lawyer who never lost a case from Song & Kim will work with Geum ja. I know that she wanted to recrute him to work on her team. :)

Other BTS pictures

Spoiler

• Like 3

I just don't see how this ship will ever sail or if I even want to see it sail. They are just in a different class.  While there isn't a backstory on her yet, Jhj is from an elite family. I do cheer on for strong woman characters who can stand up for themselves and not afraid to do the right thing even if it means kicking richard simmons but I just don't care for her methods. It was good to know that she didn't join Song&Kim because of her greed but she was threatened with her past. Still I do enjoy the show and I'm looking forward to find out how she will get the other attorneys to work with her on the D&T case she is likely to need JhJ's help.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Overall, 5 was a great episode. GJ's arrival at S&K is definitely shaking things up. :D I'm glad her partner is still with her.

10 hours ago, triplem said:

while there’s no guarantee the ship will sail , they are definitely teasing us hard ! :lol:

ending 

GJ : “uri “ - Us? Who exactly were we ? 
HJ : we were two people in love !

:mrgreen: what a way to end the episode. Sparks were flying in that storeroom ! 

LOL. Sparks were definitely flying in the storage room. So much tension as well. The hopeless romantic in me believes that the ship will sail...one day. What HJ said at the end and GJ's reaction gave me some hope to hang onto. In the meantime, I don't mind them teasing us hard. :lol:

6 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I just don't see how this ship will ever sail or if I even want to see it sail. They are just in a different class.  While there isn't a backstory on her yet, Jhj is from an elite family. I do cheer on for strong woman characters who can stand up for themselves and not afraid to do the right thing even if it means kicking richard simmons but I just don't care for her methods. It was good to know that she didn't join Song&Kim because of her greed but she was threatened with her past. Still I do enjoy the show and I'm looking forward to find out how she will get the other attorneys to work with her on the D&T case she is likely to need JhJ's help.

I felt bad that everyone at S&K is looking down on GJ because of her "class". Although I initially felt that she doesn't belong there, how they view her make me want to see her succeed there even more and prove her capabilities. I get the feeling that Mr. Song wants to use her for the D&T case. Hoping working on it with HJ, all will be fine when putting their brains together.

One of my fave scenes was when the two met up for wine. Based on their conversation, it didn't seem like HJ cared that they come from different worlds or that she isn't well-connected like he is. He didn't mind that she didn't go to a good school and only has her GED. He simply does not like her "trash" methods. Apparently, he now also misunderstands that she used him to get into S&K. I am curious how this will get resolved and if/when he will see her differently. From GJ's perspective, I thought it was interesting that she believes she knows a lot more about HJ than he thinks he does.

When HJ was having a congratulatory meal with his father, he kept talking about a mistake that keeps haunting him. Is he referring to being tricked by GJ or does it seem to be something else? Anyway, I thought his father gave pretty sound advice. He should see the mistake as an opportunity to learn from it instead of focusing on figuring out ways to protect his pride. One can only win by avoiding bad moves. I think his father's words can help HJ approach his work (especially with GJ) more logically/rationally.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

One of my fave scenes was when the two met up for wine. Based on their conversation, it didn't seem like HJ cared that they come from different worlds or that she isn't well-connected like he is. He didn't mind that she didn't go to a good school and only has her GED. He simply does not like her "trash" methods. Apparently, he now also misunderstands that she used him to get into S&K. I am curious how this will get resolved and if/when he will see her differently. From GJ's perspective, I thought it was interesting that she believes she knows a lot more about HJ than he thinks he does.

this made an impression on me  as well. Also in last week's scene when they had drinks at the bar with Yumi ( or something) and what hurt him the most was not who she pretended to be or what she pretended to like. What he cared for the most was if there were any real feelings on her part. So this to me is a sign that he doesn't care about what her credentials etc are , but it is who she is as person that will matter to him. I feel bad .... He hasn't gotten over her ,and her working alongside him isn't helping :lol:.  

I just watched the fifth episode and I can`t wait to watch the next one.

I said that Geum Ja did not fit the elite law firm but not because she is not good enough but because of her personality. She said the same and even Hee Jae but I am glad she joined the firm. There will be new challenges for her and for Hee Jae.

I like Geum Ja because she is not from the elite world. She worked hard to get where she is. When all those stiff lawyers were looking down on her, I was thinking: just wait a little. She will show everyone how wrong you were to underestimate her.  I like the scene where Hee Jae came to join some lawyers from the firm but he was a little uncomfortable hearing them talking ill about Geum Ja. And I like how he put Ma Seok Gu on his place too, he rejected the offer to join them. Ma Seok Gu is on Kim Min-Joo`s side and he showed interest in Hee Jae just because Hee Jae`s father position.  I always liked the scene where Hee Jae is making Ma Seok G frustrated.:D

Song Pil-Joong and Kim Min Joo seem to be on a power struggle. I don`t know how he wants to use Geum Ja but he saw potential in her. He said that he took her on his wing, just like he has Hee Joo too.

I like the scene where Jee Jae and his father talked. It was a honest converation between father and son. I like that Hee Jae told his father about what bothers him and his father gave him a good advice. We find out a little more about Mr Song. His wife is ill.

I find Kim Chang-Wook interesting. I will looking forward to see him how he will work with Geum ja.

I laughed when Ka Ki-Hyeok told Hee Jae that Geum ja could not recruted him and we find out later what happend.

1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

I like that about him. He really had genuine feelings for her. I totally understand why he talks ill abouit her sometimes but deep down he still cares for her. When he will see her differently? When he will know more about her. Geum Ja was right, when she pointed out that it was the wine he liked. He doesn`t know anything about her. I mean about what does really make her tick. Other people started to dig about informations about her past. I think some of those informations will get to him also.

I saw in the preview that she will meet again the man who gives her informations. He seems to care about her. I wonder who he is. Family? Just a friend? Former boyfriend?

Who else thought that Geum ja will try to get herself her own file from Song& Kim someday? I can totally see her capable. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I like this drama too, so many funny moments especially from hee jae's partner friends and yumi. I'm so excited to see geum ja joins song&kim. I think in the future there will be a clash between mr.song and mrs.kim? 

there are so many people with glasses in this drama, I like watching their clean and formal outfit in this drama. I'm also wondering what mistakes did hee jae said to his father in eps 5?

• Like 4