[Drama 2020] Hyena 하이에나

larus

Geum-ja : That’s better 

oppa : Yes , this is better 

** I hope they don’t forget buying the bunk bed  :mrgreen:

ezgif-3-ba1b81cf5e51.gif

If they didn’t buy it :D it’ll be ok , already everywhere seems comfortable to them :w00t:

15867164851586716475.gif

* Only God’s know what happen in that closest :sweatingbullets:

15867171221586717109.gif
* only God’s know what happened on that behind that door :D

• Like 3
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

I really loved this drama from start to finish . While I had wanted another hot kiss & a not so mild bed scene :mrgreen:, I was very pleased with how everything wrapped up.  For me the best thing was the fire chemistry between the leads ! 

So JJH’s agency Keyeast who also produced this drama is aware of the high requests for a Season 2 . They say nothing is confirmed as it involves many different parties . However it seems they are open to it & will make announcement if it takes off . Personally, I won’t hold my breath for it ! But one can cross all your fingers & toes , and hope right? :D

Spoiler

@triplem i do hope they can kiss more as GJ and HJ.. we do get 2 flashback kisses in earlier episodes, but it was by Kim Hee Sun, not Jang Geum Ja.. having kiss scenes towards the end would be more satisfying as they know each other at a deeper level.. but i'm still happy with the running scenes, they are totally into each other, and HJ wanting to study her more than for the bar :wub:

Did key east officially respond that they are looking at season 2 request? Where did you find it?

Sequels doesn't seem common in kdrama. But we do see that recently, highly acclaimed dramas like Stranger (2017) and Dr Romantic (2016) are getting their Season 2 in 2020 (not all main casts can return). Chief of Staff (2019, 10 episodes) also got their S2 the same year (another 10 episodes).

Keeping my hopes high on this trend for Hyena. I want KHS and JJH back for Season 2. 

Currently watching Signal to cure my soul. Seems like Kim Eun Hee (author for both Signal and Kingdom) wants to serialized both works and keep KHS and JJH busy separately. Let's hope our actors can also dedicate themselves for Hyena S2. We also need the writers + PD to have similar aspiration to make it happen.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1350037wpp/k-dramas-that-are-set-to-make-exciting-returns-with-new-seasons

• Like 4
  • Love 3

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Hyena, 하이에나 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST
1 hour ago, Whisper2 said:

Chief of Staff (2019, 10 episodes) also got their S2 the same year (another 10 episodes).

Chief of Staff was programed to have two seasons. It was a little unusual to cut the drama in two seasons and have a little stace in between but it worked for the production as well. They had time to film for the second part. It was not a decision to have the second season after a succesful fist one. For Hyena and even Signal or other dramas, the second season will come after the request from the audience. I am not a fan of seasonal series but I am OK with it if they finish the stories in the first season and find good inspiration for the sequal. The second season is like a gift for the people who loved the first season. If they will do the second season for Hyena I will watch but until then, I will want first the second season for Signal, which was in work this year but it was postponed. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

@larus Didn't know Signal had a season 2 in the works. I hope they get that into production later this year. Then again, I am STILL waiting for a Liar Game season 2 since 2014... :D

@triplem Thanks for the info that a Hyena season 2 has been discussed. Like you I won't get my hopes up, but this show was so good and has a perfect premise for a second season.

@Whisper2 @taeunfighting I will join you with my fingers and toes, and hopefully the drama gods will hear us. :D

@Ameera Ali Is Ju Ji Hoon on your official "oppa" list now or are you already two-timing? :D

Glad that Hyena got so good ratings in the end! Thanking everyone who contributed to this thread

See you around :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, triplem said:

So JJH’s agency Keyeast who also produced this drama is aware of the high requests for a Season 2 . They say nothing is confirmed as it involves many different parties . However it seems they are open to it & will make announcement if it takes off . Personally, I won’t hold my breath for it ! But one can cross all your fingers & toes , and hope right? :D

Season 2 will happen. They've gone into this much effort to build a team of oddball eccentrics and show them in a new rundown office as underdogs, to start work as 'undercover detective' lawyers with JGJ as the boss lady and HJ as under the boss lady (because all of her tactics are shown to work in this drama), and a few things are left open for future conflicts and lots of new cases coming their way - apart from the leads relationship status - the intention was always to serialize the show as an American procedural on netflix - I'm sure it will happen if the costs and salaries can be negotiated successfully to lock dates for an autumn shoot

1 hour ago, larus said:

If they will do the second season for Hyena I will watch but until then, I will want first the second season for Signal, which was in work this year but it was postponed. 

I fear Season 2 of Signal will spoil Signal 1, and ruin the arcs big time (because let's be realistic, what if LJH is talking to an even older version of HY 15 years in the future and finds out that on arrival at hospital SH will die, so when HY and SH's car reaches hospital LJH will not be there, and maybe is working incognito as a private detective or something. That will really screw up my head and stress out my heart big time!) Signal 1 ended on hope and promise of what ifs if you keep the faith. But yes, am curious to see if they can keep the standard up without killing anyone for real, but not really looking forward to it.

But Hyena is easier to produce and easy on the eyes. Just grab this cast, throw a bunch of sleaze ball millionaires, bring in the cameo of Mr. Song and Chan Ho, discovery of JGJ's real parentage, HJ+JGJ's unresolved status as a 'couple' couple, get them in a closet, move them from that tacky office, HJ retaining his loft because JGJ is saving money for that building! etc. etc. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

48 minutes ago, noor1 said:

But Hyena is easier to produce and easy on the eyes. Just grab this cast, throw a bunch of sleaze ball millionaires, bring in the cameo of Mr. Song and Chan Ho, discovery of JGJ's real parentage, HJ+JGJ's unresolved status as a 'couple' couple, get them in a closet, move them from that tacky office, HJ retaining his loft because JGJ is saving money for that building! etc. etc. 

I agree with you. Second season of Hyena will be much easier to do than Signal 2. There always be more cases to resolve. They could bring new villains and voila, the Hyena team is ready for new adventures. But there is always the situation than the next season would be the same as succesful like the first season. Look at Queen of Mystery, for exemple. But a new season won`t ruin the first if the writer won`t be as creative as the fist time. The audience can enjoy what season they want.  For Signal 2 is different. I agree with you. Personally I don`t think Signal needs a second season. I did not believe that even after watching the end of the first season. But I am curious if the writer can do a good drama the second time. She has enough material to satisfy the audience?  I trust the writer or I want to have faith in the writer. I like her style of telling the story.

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Then again, I am STILL waiting for a Liar Game season 2 since 2014...

I don`t know if Liar Game had a good ending and doesn`t necessary need another season. Maybe it is just the wish of the audience who enjoyed the show and want more stuff. But I know how is it to wait to see what happend next in a story and did not get it. I regreat starting the thriller drama Ten (OCN). I started to watch when the second season was about to start. I watched both season but I `ve been waiting season 3 since 2013. They did not finished the first story. To let major unanswered questions and let the principal story unresolved is horrible. It is very frustrating. If they know that they can`t really do the whole seasons they should organize everything to give a satisfactory answer to the audience with little they have. Some dramas are a let down for the lack of vision. They should have prepared for the worst scenario (to not get another season).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, larus said:

I agree with you. Second season of Hyena will be much easier to do than Signal 2. There always be more cases to resolve.

100% agree. Not sure I can take another season of Hyena's fashion though. :D

Let's relive the best fashion moments!

Spoiler

Track suits :D

141733_84917_347.jpg

Color blocking 101. My migraine flared up after this scene :D

Hyena910_2.jpg

Pastel colored sweaters that look like they were knitted by my granny :D 

141851_85130_4950.jpg

Don't remember who it was, but someone on this thread wanted to burn this sweater? :w00t:

141851_85132_5154.jpg

BONUS: Everyone's favorite shoes :D

996F79425E91FFA101

To whomever was the fashion consultant in Hyena, I would like to say for a possible season 2:

Hyena3_0.jpg

"Shhhhh.... Please don't come up with anymore fashion forward ideas!" ;):D

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

26 minutes ago, partyon said:

BONUS: Everyone's favorite shoes

I like the shoes. They are interesting. Sure, if I have enough money to buy some similar excentric shoes (the women version) I will wear them once. If not, I will buy the common black shoes to wear it to many outfits as possible. :mellow:

It never occur to me to wear sportsuit /track suits with an ellegant jacket. It worked for Geum Ja. But that red blouse and ciclam color jacket combination was no no no for me. Terrible for the eyes.

26 minutes ago, partyon said:

Not sure I can take another season of Hyena's fashion though.

I can take everything except a bad script. :lol:

Now you make me curious. What fashion they will show us in the future?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, larus said:

I can take everything except a bad script. :lol:

Now you make me curious. What fashion they will show us in the future?

Since Hyena was shot in autumn winter, i would love to see them in spring summer fashion. The more colourful, the better? :lol:

Would love to see KHS bare some skin or wear tight fitting bottoms. Her has a great figure but tones down a lot for Hyena. And also a more flattering haircut.

They can wear some looks here B)

For honeymoon or something

Spoiler
ju7-11.jpgju8-11.jpgju10-11.jpgju6-11.jpg

just for woooork~
Still can't believe it's over. Sbs shared a video on their last days of filming here
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Whisper2 said:

Would love to see KHS bare some skin or wear tight fitting bottoms. Her has a great figure but tones down a lot for Hyena. And also a more flattering haircut.

I really think the outfit and the haircut fit the character. I did not think about the actress Kim Hye Joo at all but her character, Geum Ja.

If Geum Ja was just like the other lawyer at Song & Kim, with perfect suits and haircut, she will have been just another lawyer there. She suddenly was noticed, her attitude, her outfits, her style of resolving cases were excentric. She was unique. I think the fashion director/stylist in charge of creating the character think of very detail. Even the way she wore the phone was out of ordinary, it was very practical.  Maybe it is a trending fashion in Korea/world. It was the first time I saw it. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Hyena 하이에나
3 hours ago, Whisper2 said:

Kim Hye Soo has a great body! She's going to turn 50 this year! Even I feel too old for mini-skirts nowadays and would never wear one, but on Kim Hye Soo it looks awesome!

1 hour ago, larus said:

Even the way she wore the phone was out of ordinary, it was very practical.  Maybe it is a trending fashion in Korea/world. It was the first time I saw it. :lol:

You mean this one?

141852_85139_4654.jpg

I think it's an ARNO iPhone case with a rope strap

141852_85143_110.jpg

I've seen many people wearing these the last few months. As I always carry a handbag, I haven't really found a need for buying one myself. :)  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I've seen many people wearing these the last few months. As I always carry a handbag, I haven't really found a need for buying one myself.

In my part of the world it is not popular yet or maybe I have not noticed. I don`t need it either but I think it is a product that will have increase selling because of a drama.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2020 at 9:22 PM, realistic2280a said:

Maybe i was thinking in the line of, he did something to make her sleep for so long and did not want  her to wake up. It was possible for her to wake up but maybe she was given drugs to let her unconscious for so long. Ok, maybe i watched too many dramas, hahha...

But for Song to visit her ever week, that is also huge effort on his part. He may have divorced her, why bother to see her every week after that? Hmmm.... 

Season 2 would be good, to see how HJ can melt GJ's walls and be a real couple fighting  for justice and get the building she wants to own. Haha..

I have the same question regarding Mrs Song's story: why did Mr Song bother to come visit her every week? The ending seems a bit too rushed for me. Being final case, it is not even as good as previous small cases. Catching Mr Song seems to be too easy considering how witty he is. Being no.1 lawyer of no.1 law firm, he should have destroyed the CCTV video after bribing the detective. Everything is a bit too convenient.

A few other unclear things: Why did the killer know GJ is visiting her father and wait there to attack her? Is it necessary to kill off GJ's father? (I felt a bit sad for him). How is Issume's destiny? What happens to HJ father? 

Overall, it's still my favorite kdrama of this year. I like all the cast, everyone is perfectly fit for their role, from main cast to supporting roles. I like the the romance between GJ&HJ, very original and refreshing. I like the storyline ep1-15 but not the last one. I HATE the stylist as their fashion hurts my eyes omg. I'd sign any petition for season 2!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, queenie said:

I have the same question regarding Mrs Song's story: why did Mr Song bother to come visit her every week?

Why did the killer know GJ is visiting her father and wait there to attack her?

Is it necessary to kill off GJ's father? (I felt a bit sad for him). 

How is Issume's destiny?

What happens to HJ father?

1) Mr. Song continued visiting his wife so that no one would suspect him for being involved in his wife's accident. He needed to be regarded as a doting husband. Maybe he also felt that his inability to call for help in time was justified somehow by him "caring for her" afterwards.

2) I don't know how the killer knew GJ was visiting her father. I wish they had caught the killer in the end - now it was just brushed to the side. Maybe the SMS that supposedly came from GJ's father, was actually fabricated by Mr. Song's people? We must not forget that Mr.Song knew a LOT about GJ - he had a huge file on her before he even hired her.

3) No, it wasn't necessary to kill of GJ's father, but I think that the writer wanted GJ's father to redeem himself by sacrificing his life for his daughter's.

4) I think it was implied that Issume would be saved by the eldest daughter and Ms. Kim.

5) I assume he was acquitted, but not sure if he was able to continue his job as a judge.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

14 hours ago, partyon said:

don't know how the killer knew GJ was visiting her father. I wish they had caught the killer in the end - now it was just brushed to the side. Maybe the SMS that supposedly came from GJ's father, was actually fabricated by Mr. Song's people? We must not forget that Mr.Song knew a LOT about GJ - he had a huge file on her before he even hired her.

The killer is from the Cleaning Company . The one that helped Song move the body . I suppose they would follow up on that later on. 

I agree that there are loose ends that could have been wrapped up better , but perhaps this might open the door for Season 2

@Whisper2 The talk about S2 came from that Twitter account which I posted  ( it’s quite reliable with k -news ) . They probably got the news of some article on Naver 

last BTS

Edited by Guest

I just started this drama today and even in the first scene at the laundry shop, I can tell this is gonna sizzle! They radiate super chemistry. I am a fan of both leads so i am happy to watch this without having to wait now it is completed! Let the good time roll! KHS is gorgeous tho.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, triplem said:

I agree that there are loose ends that could have been wrapped up better , but perhaps this might open the door for Season 2

I don`t think they left loose ends to explore in the second season. I agree that the ending was a bit rushed and some conclusion went too easy, they found evidence to bring Mr Song too convenient but I agree with @partyon explanations.

The show gave us the false image of Mr Song as "carrying husband", "mentor" for Hee Jae and little by little revealed the true appearence of Mr Song. Just not calling in time for help was bad enough to question his real feelings for his wife but maybe he felt guilty towards his wife. The show did not explore him for the audience to show his layers just like it did not explore other side characters. It doesn`t matter how he is, the show wanted to show us that he is extremely ambitious and ruthless.

Maybe the man who attacked Geum Ja and killed her step father will be caught someday. Geum Ja recognized him and made the connection to Mr Song. From what I understand watching, the message did not came from her father. The door was not open like her father was waiting for his daughter to talk to her. He was there in the wrong moment. The moment the killer stabbed the pastor was not necesarry (the killer could escape just fine) but it was a way for the writer to easy finish the story about Geum ja and her father`s demands. I am satisfied that at least we had a confrontation where Geum ja told her that she is not intimidated by him anymore, she eliberated herself from the fear.

Not exploring enough the side characters and side events? Of course not. Not even the cases were complex, or had difficult resolutions. Everything was just background for the two leads to meet and spend time together, to know each other and resolve cases together.

• Like 4