[Drama 2020] Hyena 하이에나

larus

"Who needs Song & Kim when you have Yoon & Jung?"

Ha Chan Ho, 2020

"Wine, Soju, Whiskey, Beer, we had everything together, but all we did in episode 14 was touching hands"

YHJ & JGJ, 2020

"I don't want to imagine too much but.. Yoon-byun's new office also happens to be Jung-byun's residence"

Ji Eun, 2020

Spoiler

"Due to overwhelming request, i decided to let the couple get a room in ep 15"

Screenwriter

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
4th image (Pic, YT, IG, twitter) onwards needs to go into spoiler. TQ
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Ga Gi-Hyeok was such a disappointment. Ha Chan-Ho discribed him well: a clown. Pathetic guy and friend. Enough said.

I like how Kim Min-Joo confrunted Song Pil Joong.

What a great team. :P

5292aad74faa08d08921030ffbd54abbc3fa4684

We have to wait another week?

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Love the drama, very thrilling and fun. Also love the main couple a lot, they support each other in miserable time and they know they can rely each other since they believe each other’s capability. 

I can’t stand with the so called YJH’s bestfriend. I mean after everything happened to YJH he had the face to ask YHJ whether they were still bestfriend. :angry: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

What oppa didn’t say :D

Oppa : I warn you I will destroy you friend 
Shi* friend : love you , can’t wait 
15860322811586032264.gif

Days  later 

Oppa : you dump thanks for making it easy 

shi* friend : :bawling:

15860327771586032763.gif

Oppa Why are you sad , don’t you remember we are friend :naughty:

15860324151586032389.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Drop here just to say that the scene where JGJ, YHJ, and JE were waiting for the elevator, YHJ got emo tightening his hold on the box and JGJ just had to hold his hand.....waaahhhhh!!!! I've never thought that tiny holding hands could be sooooooo romantic ever! My heart fluttered let alone YHJ's haha. 

InsidiousBraveJabiru-size_restricted.gif

BouncyHighBumblebee-size_restricted.gif

Why sooo lovely I didn't even need to see their face to feel it :wub:

I think they re-took the scene, seeing YHJ's hold on the box was slightly different. When JGJ's hand moved, it was on the middle, but when she actually held it, it was on the edge lol.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

so proud of these pack of Hyenas :joy:

Thanks!! I logged in hoping you made this one for us here. They looked so cool together like that. :glasses:

6 hours ago, larus said:

Ga Gi-Hyeok was such a disappointment. Ha Chan-Ho discribed him well: a clown. Pathetic guy and friend. Enough said.

I like how Kim Min-Joo confrunted Song Pil Joong.

I felt exactly the same about Gi Hyeok. Sigh...he could have been part of the team, but obviously he doesn't deserve it. I bet he'll regret his choices.

I was glad Ms. Kim confronted Song while Kevin Jung was there too. Similar to GJ, I like the fierce in her and that she won't back down. But, Song throwing that glass toward her was scary. I fear to know what had happened to his wife. With that scene, I hope Kevin Jung got a sense of what kind of person Song really is and reconsiders siding with him.

6 hours ago, larus said:

What a great team. :P

They totally are. I thought it was cute how Ji Eun re-arranged GJ's old office for them. Their reaction to the style/decor was funny. I liked how the "Iron Will, Sincere Heart" signage showed up again and at this time.

13 hours ago, triplem said:

It was a very painful episode for HJ . Seeing your father whom you respect so much succumb to pressure and attempt to take his own life -it is traumatic . Does this mean that Judge Yoon  has been guilty of making questionable verdicts in the past , so much so that Song has enough proof to take him down like that? What was also very disappointing was how cold and distant Song quickly became ; this must hurt Hee Jae even more considering how much he looked up to Song.

Agree, it was a painful and emotional episode for HJ - from a family and mentor perspective. Thankfully, his father is okay and recovering. It does seem that Song had some kind of dirt on him, but he found the courage to face it and testify with HJ's support. I think we'll find out more about it later.

I can't believe we're down to the last two episodes! :o

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Last 2 episodes.. I'm not ready to let them go.. they call each other "tangshin" or "you" which is usually used for couples..

The nickname GJ gave to HJ  "Seochodong Boy" is equavalent to rich spoiled brat? Is it a very upscale place in Korea?

Also there seems to be some puns on the word "Choong", GJ and HJ was kinda using it to make a 2 sentence tagline for the law firm when they walked out the court. What was it exactly? I know the word also means loyalty.

He's some pics of our precious Seochodong Boy.

• Like 7

I thought miss Boo will join them as well. Ahh.. the plot is getting great. I like the plot. Mr. Song's plan is crazy. Next week is gonna be a busy week for the team. Their license even got suspended. Yet no worries, we all know that they will win in the last battle. That's how a drama works. I hope the rating will get better on the finale. The World of the Married is also a strong competitor.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

Their license even got suspended. Yet no worries, we all know that they will win in the last battle. That's how a drama works

But if their license got suspended how they can work on Ha Chan ho`s case? I can`t believe it how corrupt everyone is. The people who had to get the verdict worked for Mr Song too.

I see that assemblyman who promoted the tax law is running for president. Mr Song wants to put himself a president now?

4 hours ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

The World of the Married is also a strong competitor.

It is funny to see Lee Kyoung young in that drama as well. :D

Next episode, Geum Ja and Hee Jae go undercover? :D

She looks nice in red.

• Like 9

This is really an amazing drama.... I can't believe we are down to the last 2 episodes. . Never a dull moment and excellent acting by all..  

Wish they could receive more :wub:

I love how strong the women are in this drama.... Lawyer Kim standing there provoking Lawyer Song, she did not flinch at all when he threw the glass at her!!! 

Lawyer Boo confessing her love for lawyer yoon... She is so cool abt it.... 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Yes, i cant believe its down to 2 episodes and still no more kissing scenes!.:crazy:.. hahah

Anyways, i think the rating for the drama is not bad, reaching 10%, when in the past few years, getting 7% was even difficult... so Hyena is not to bad.... :heart:

Yes, dissapointed with HJ's assistant, as if Mr Song will appoint him as a partner. Haiz. Be realistic! 

2 more episodes to go guys, i hope it end with a bang!:wub:

• Like 4

I'm a little disappointed that the plot is a little bit too simple where Mr. Song is the one dimensional evil doer trying to take over the world and all colluding with US based Kevin Jung from US/international company taking over a Korean company.  (I do notice in the world of Kdramas/movies, the US goverment or US companies somehow or other always ends up being the cause of Korea's problems.)  At this juncture, I don't think there will be any twist.  But I think I can roll with this gangsta coolness.  And hopefully, there will be season 2 and beyond.  My real wish is always having KHS and JJH working together longer and become a real couple.  Perfect couples match making is part of my moonlight jobs.  *evil laughter*

So at this point HJ was betrayed both by his father's buddy and his friend.  Mr. Ga sure has a ultra thick face.  After stabbing his friend, he still thinks everything is cool and dandy and they're still friends.  Is there shame here?

I guess the real twist here is that the Chan Ho (?) guy is actually a sweet loving dude.  Actually I prefer that he's not guilty as well so I'm cool with that.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I'm also disappointed with Gi Hyeok, but there's a scene in episode 13, where Yoo Mi tell him that he should be loyal to HJ and she'd be loyal to GJ, so I'm hoping there will be a twist that GH is still trying to help his friend. 

Apart from our OTP, I really like Ms Boo. She's not only smart and pretty, but also confident enough to confess her love to HJ and not feel the need to play dirty to GJ (I'm bored of that kind of love triangle cliché). In fact, she 's always been respecting GJ and follow GJ's order because she knows it's the right thing to do.  

4 hours ago, larus said:

But if their license got suspended how they can work on Ha Chan ho`s case? I can`t believe it how corrupt everyone is. The people who had to get the verdict worked for Mr Song too.

They will use Mr Kim's license while appealing to Korean Bar Association about their license suspension order. Guess there will be new evidence come up and they'll get their license back before the court day.

Anyone knows where can we find rating of this show? I checked http://asianwiki.com/Hyena_(2020) but their update is quite slow. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, queenie said:

Anyone knows where can we find rating of this show? I checked http://asianwiki.com/Hyena_(2020) but their update is quite slow. 

Ratings

50 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

I guess the real twist here is that the Chan Ho (?) guy is actually a sweet loving dude.  Actually I prefer that he's not guilty as well so I'm cool with that.

Maybe he is a good guy inside just like his father described him but he has a real problem with his temper and addiction. I hope he had time to reflect and want to change his life.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, larus said:

Ga Gi-Hyeok was such a disappointment. Ha Chan-Ho discribed him well: a clown. Pathetic guy and friend.

20 minutes ago, queenie said:

I'm also disappointed with Gi Hyeok, but there's a scene in episode 13, where Yoo Mi tell him that he should be loyal to HJ and she'd be loyal to GJ, so I'm hoping there will be a twist that GH is still trying to help his friend.

Yeah, I was angry by what a L-O-S-E-R Gi Hyeok turned out to be, especially since Yoo Mi did say to him that it isn't right, they should be loyal to GJ and HJ. Am not so sure that there will be a twist - I hope karma comes back to bite him in that case. :angry:

4 hours ago, larus said:

But if their license got suspended how they can work on Ha Chan ho`s case?

There is a time jump. They will win the appeal and get their licenses re-instated.

3 hours ago, Anna Tan said:

I love how strong the women are in this drama.... Lawyer Kim standing there provoking Lawyer Song, she did not flinch at all when he threw the glass at her!!!

I am pretty sure Ms.Kim has an ace up her sleeve - she isn't going to let Mr.Song take over her father's company. She will continue to support Team Hyena!

Hyena1314_5.jpg

I loved how relieved HJ looked when he was packing, and how proudly he was walking down the hallway with GJ. It was clear from the beginning of this drama, that he wasn't truly happy working at Song&Kim. He just didn't want to admit it, because his father and brother would have been right. HJ is a righteous person and in the end he chose to defend his family and justice.

I really loved that he finally stood up to Mr.Song!

He is now a free man.

Go Team Hyena! :)

• Like 7
  • Love 3

On 4/4/2020 at 8:39 PM, triplem said:

Does this mean that Judge Yoon  has been guilty of making questionable verdicts in the past , so much so that Song has enough proof to take him down like that? What was also very disappointing was how cold and distant Song quickly became ; this must hurt Hee Jae even more considering how much he looked up to Song.

Yoon is against the inheritance tax law and that made Song angry so he had Kevin leaked Yoon’s judgement on Issume which was seen as favourable to Chairman Ha to the prosecutors. I was quite surprised at this side of Song, he used and discard Yoon for his own benefit and even that glass throwing scene. I wonder now what really happened to his wife.

On a side note, why did Kevin leaked Yoon’s judgement to GJ? He knows GJ will in turned leaked it to HJ.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, queenie said:

Apart from our OTP, I really like Ms Boo. She's not only smart and pretty, but also confident enough to confess her love to HJ and not feel the need to play dirty to GJ (I'm bored of that kind of love triangle cliché). In fact, she 's always been respecting GJ and follow GJ's order because she knows it's the right thing to do.  

They will use Mr Kim's license while appealing to Korean Bar Association about their license suspension order. Guess there will be new evidence come up and they'll get their license back before the court day.

They even have two attorneys with law licenses: Kim Chang Wook (the fired partner of Song & Kim) and the associate. 

• Like 4