[Drama 2020] Hyena 하이에나

larus

Wow.. last part of episode 12.. such a honest and sincere conversation between GJ and HJ..

RIP rewind button :wub:

I need a "Its me, where are you" compilation.. in ep 12 HJ no longer complaining about it

Ep13 preview is getting me hyped.. seems like there will be a turning point for HJ huh.. from a hound to a hyena.. LET'S DO IT FIGHTING..

Has this drama ended their shooting already? I do read somewhere that the main cast have to work around very limited schedules.. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

There are so many flashbacks in ep12. So turn out Ha Chan Ho already questioned about Seo Jeong Hwa and his brother, which makes him more suspicious (but we all know that HCH didn't kill his mistress, ha)

Then, who killed SJW? And why did CEO Song know immediately that SJW was killed? For one second, I thought Ha Chan Ho's secretary did it and he is on the same side with CEO Sung, but if it's true then he shouldn't have been surprised to see HJ show up (as HJ was called to the crime scene by CEO Song). So my wild guess is the wife of Issume's President (Ha Jun Ho's mother), as Jun Ho is the only beneficiary if Chan Ho is bethrown, and Jun Ho doesnt seem to care that much about the business to kill his lover, so it must be his mother. His mother killed SJW, then called CEO Song to help cover it and blame it to HCH. Why CEO Song agree to help? Because Ha Jun Ho is actually the son of CEO Song. His wife must have found out about that secret and he silenced her. He goes to hospital every week just to make sure that his wife won't wake up and spill the secret out. This theory also explains why CEO Song care so much about inheritance law. He wants his son to gets more benefits from Issume's President inheritance. 

15 hours ago, rainy12 said:

I'm so sad about what happened to the mistress at the end, she used to had good option by leaving for London and have her art gallery there but instead she got back to the guy she didn't love and who abused her, not to said that she also can't be together with the guy she loved. and also.. its hard for me to understand what mr.song said to kevin jung about issume being a holding company that makes kevin jung interested?

GJ once explained to Seo Jeong Hwa that even if she fled to London, HCH will still chase after her, especially when he knows that she is with his brother. So she didn't choose that option. 

16 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Just saw ep11.... finally the bottled water is finally making a proper recognition and another new advert can be seen, the coffee in the can.

Haha, I had same thought watching ep 11. Sadly the bottled water disappeared in ep12 :lol: All labels were peeled off.

Btw, do you guys know which phone they are using in the show? Its camera is in the middle of the phone so it's not Note 10 or S20

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I just watched episode 1. It was a good episode. WOW. A lot of things happened.

I loved the last scene where Hee Jae taled about how she loves her no matter how she is named, that he will use his background as an excuse to run away from him and she told him that she worries about him and can`t let herself be out of his problems.

53969a2feed9c6431185ee642c810777b1564728

She told him about his father.

And the preview! WOW.

I think Mr Song is very dangerous. He showed himself his true color. I can`t erase from my head the idea that they planed to put Ha Joon-Ho CEO of Issume. That means that they wanted Ha Chan-Ho out and framed him. I wish it is not true, that it is my wild assumption. No way, he come up with a plan to put Ha Chan Ho so sudden on charge of Issume. He has big interests on mind.

It was suspisious that he sent Hee Jae and he was surprised that Geum Ja was there as well. She was called by Mr Jo. I had a feeling that he did not wanted Geum ja in this case. But again, it is just a feeling. Ha Joon Ho is suspicious as well. What if he did not wanted to run away with Seo Jung-Hwa after all? We found out that they were allert of Ha Chang Ho`s suspicions but things are not clear about the lovers moves. We`ll see.

But the case against Ha Chan ho is not that simple. He was drugged that night. From his behaviour, it was obviously that he was not only drunk but he was on drugs as well. I understand that they want Ha Chan Ho in jail, out of Issume after what happend  (that`s why there was the press involved) but the feeling that it was planed for him to be out of the picture is strong.

Mr Song will want Hee Jae`s father out of the picture as well because he did not do what he wanted. I believe he told Mr Ma to use the informations about Geum ja and Hee Jae to get her out of the picture. I hope Ms Kim will help both  Geum ja and Hee Jae, if she can, because now it is the time to intervine. But I believe in Hee Jae and, especially, Geum Ja to fight for what is right. The camps are being prepared.

• Like 9

What an episode...!

It's finally clear that EVERYBODY on this show are hyenas, not just our main leads. Especially Mr Song. He is like the hyena clan leader....

The whole "Han Chan Ho killed his mistress" is obviously a set-up. Mr. Song wants him gone, so that they can get his incompetent brother to run Issume. He is taking advantage of the elderly dad's sexism that the  daughter can't be CEO - even though she clearly is the most competent one.

At the same time he is playing a game with Kevin to whom he is selling the idea that Kevin could take over Issume.

There is a connection to the inheritance tax law change as well.

I am still not in the clear if Mr.Song is the person who wants to take over Issume, if he wants to destroy Issume or if he has a beneficiary/backer behind him. Any ideas?

Song&Kim is like a parasite.... Mr.Song is just using GJ and HJ for his own gain.

I am really worried about HJ's dad. I hope he is able to save him from harm's way in the next episode!

On a side note: the actor (Ji Hyun Joon) who plays Han Chan Ho is doing a phenomenal job. I haven't seen his work before, but he is really doing a great job portraying a crazy druggie with his emotions all over the place... Very believable.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I am still not in the clear if Mr.Song is the person who wants to take over Issume, if he wants to destroy Issume or if he has a beneficiary/backer behind him. Any ideas?

I don`t know but what is sure it is his plan to use Issume. He wants money/ power. He mentioned one time that he is targeting Blue House. I am not sure if there is someone behind him or he wants it for himself.

Mr Song doesn`t want Ha Hye-Won to be the next CEO because he can`t control her. Beside, there is another law firm behind her.

I want to know if Mr Song made the proposition to Ha Joon-Ho before his older brother incident. If he did, he would not have wanted to run away with Seo Jung-Hwa. It is hard to belive that everything (the new CEO idea) was ad hoc, without planing. It seams to be a plan in multiple stages. Mr Song drew Kevin in this power fight. Kevin wanted Geum Ja at his side but she chose Hee Jae. It would have been wiser for her to not get involved but she could not stay away. She warned Hee Jae that his father will get down and, this way, she chose a side.

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I am really worried about HJ's dad. I hope he is able to save him from harm's way in the next episode!

I am sorry for him. It seams that he was a honest man. He tried to do a good job but it was very hard to stay righteous all these years. Perhaps to get to a higher position he needed a backup, no matter how good he was at the job. He was friend with Mr Song . Maybe he did some compromising things in his long career and now Mr Song is using it to get him down because he did not  do what he was told to do. That`s how corruption works. The good people, who still have a conscience, are removed.

I hope Hee Jae`s father  won`t die and I hope his son will fight for him.  Hee Jae will see Mr Song`s true face but I hope it is not too late.

• Like 7

Yay! I really wanted someone to also say that they loved the last scene and I am so looking forward to next week!!

I was saving this drama for later but the main leads just kept tempting me and I started mid way (and i plan to see it all in May)... i love GJ's character. I mean like love love... this is one show where uptil now the FL has stayed strong and in focus. And HJ is so much fun thoigh I feel GJ's frustration because he would see so much more if he wasnt being a cute little boy... but then if he wasnt would we love him as much as we do! 

Someone somewhere said that it showed very unethical techniques... all i will say is we are talking about politics and law... when has either been clean.

The last scene delivery was just... awesome.

I so hope (and pray) that they have finished shooting for some of these shows as the world with corona is filled with risk.FIGHTING!

And i think GJ's past is also going to come up and Issume will be connected to her too. Afterall her dad also is a part of some cult.

And as for ML's dad: he also got support from Mr. Song. Call me cynical but I dont think anyone who reaches such a high position can be called innocent. They live in grey worlds wherein even the best make choices, which might be right at that time but wrong in the long run or vice versa. So all in all... everyone is a hyena but active as one at different stages. Like we are seeing softer shades of GJ for a few episodes now.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, partyon said:

The whole "Han Chan Ho killed his mistress" is obviously a set-up. Mr. Song wants him gone, so that they can get his incompetent brother to run Issume. He is taking advantage of the elderly dad's sexism that the  daughter can't be CEO - even though she clearly is the most competent one.

At the same time he is playing a game with Kevin to whom he is selling the idea that Kevin could take over Issume.

There is a connection to the inheritance tax law change as well.

I am still not in the clear if Mr.Song is the person who wants to take over Issume

im agree with you seo jung hwa died was set up by mr song. he called YHJ to go to the hotel, i dont think mr jo the secretary call chan ho's dad because ha chan ho never want his dad know abt it. 

it was mr song plan to make issume share slump and kevin can buy the share, so kevin have power to make pressure to new CEO (he chose ha junho because his is young no experience abt managing company) to buy gnosis 10 times higher than he bought it from trinity (₩ 50 billion to 500 billion) because issume has 800billion budget for discovery dementia cure. 

i hope too that old mr yoon didnt suicide and hee jae can save his dad and his family name

• Like 6

Wow, so much happened in this episode and I agree with everyone, the couple’s end scene was lovely. It wasn't the typical K-drama confession, but it was sincere and genuine from both sides. And based on the trouble that's awaiting them, it's the perfect timing for them to really pair up.

So, it turns out Mr. Song is indeed the big bad wolf in sheep’s clothing. GJ and HJ's brother indeed saw it all along. He’s such a schemer…but in some ways, I have to thank him for bringing GJ and HJ back together in the first place. Song thinks he has his chess pieces perfectly set up, but he's underestimating GJ. HJ too - now that he sees everything at S&K with full clarity (to GJ's credit). It should be fun watching each one of them make their moves. I welcome the intensity!

7 hours ago, queenie said:

So my wild guess is the wife of Issume's President (Ha Jun Ho's mother), as Jun Ho is the only beneficiary if Chan Ho is bethrown, and Jun Ho doesnt seem to care that much about the business to kill his lover, so it must be his mother. His mother killed SJW, then called CEO Sung to help cover it and blame it to HCH. Why CEO Sung agree to help? Because Ha Jun Ho is actually the son of CEO Sung. His wife must have found out about that secret and he silenced her. He goes to hospital every week just to make sure that his wife won't wake up and spill the secret out. This theory also explains why CEO Sung care so much about inheritance law. He wants his son to gets more benefits from Issume's President inheritance.

You brought up a wild, but interesting theory. I remember a few episodes ago, Song had a meeting with the D&T chairman and he said something that was odd to me. That they're both unlucky when it comes to children. Song then had a weird look on his face and until now, there's no sign of any of his children yet. So, maybe you're onto something. I have been waiting for Song's wife to come out of her coma. Hoping that will happen for her sake...and for the truth.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Yay! I really wanted someone to also say that they loved the last scene and I am so looking forward to next week!!

I was saving this drama for later but the main leads just kept tempting me and I started mid way (and i plan to see it all in May)... i love GJ's character. I mean like love love... this is one show where uptil now the FL has stayed strong and in focus. And HJ is so much fun thoigh I feel GJ's frustration because he would see so much more if he wasnt being a cute little boy... but then if he wasnt would we love him as much as we do! 

Someone somewhere said that it showed very unethical techniques... all i will say is we are talking about politics and law... when has either been clean.

The last scene delivery was just... awesome.

I so hope (and pray) that they have finished shooting for some of these shows as the world with corona is filled with risk.FIGHTING!

And i think GJ's past is also going to come up and Issume will be connected to her too. Afterall her dad also is a part of some cult.

And as for ML's dad: he also got support from Mr. Song. Call me cynical but I dont think anyone who reaches such a high position can be called innocent. They live in grey worlds wherein even the best make choices, which might be right at that time but wrong in the long run or vice versa. So all in all... everyone is a hyena but active as one at different stages. Like we are seeing softer shades of GJ for a few episodes now.

The last scene was truly beautiful! I mean talk about confessing love without actually saying "I love you":bawling: Especially coming from JGJ, her "I am concerned for you" speaks VOLUMES given that she keeps her cards close. YHJ's comments on JGJ's  guilt regarding the murder definitely hit her close to home but it was beautiful that the painful observation which made her close her eyes was also the same reaction she had to Hee Jae's confession. It's as if its almost painful for her to be loved so tenderly and sincerely. Their balance of focus (Geum Ja despite Hee Jae's love confession is able to steer the conversation where it matters most- about his dad being in danger) and Hee Jae's tenderness makes them such a power couple. Looks like Song ajjushi is about to go down because Geum Ja is going to go hyena mode for Hee Jae (and he will see how she loves him) and Hee Jae will go hyena mode for his father. I think Geum Ja's lesson on Hee Jae's lack of perception regarding reading people is coming full circle as he will be forced to evaluate his close relations (both with his brother, which hitherto was tension filled) and with Mr. Song, which has gone from being a respectful, trusting relationship to caution and now full on fight mode.

Still wondering what the deal is with the building that GJ wants to buy:ph34r: I wonder if that is somehow connected to her actual biological parents as she was adopted by the abusive cult leader of a father. It's a stretch of a theory.

Also, really @Dramafreak put it beautifully about Yoon senior being not as innocent also. It's true, that there is a grey world and his ascent into power could not have been all roses and rainbows. If anything, Mr. Song has dirt on Yoon senior which he plans to exploit. Funnily enough, Geum Ja's softer side for Hee Jae will reveal itself in her "Ima protect you by going all hyena richard simmons crazy".

• Like 11

7 hours ago, queenie said:

Haha, I had same thought watching ep 11. Sadly the bottled water disappeared in ep12 :lol: All labels were peeled off.

Haha, really... i guess they stopped paying for the advert.

I havent watched ep12, the status is still raw... where do u guys watch the sub episodes so fast:huh:

• LOL 3

4 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Haha, really... i guess they stopped paying for the advert.

I havent watched ep12, the status is still raw... where do u guys watch the sub episodes so fast:huh:

Netflix updates with subtitles at 10:30 EST.

Edited by Jillia
Please answer outside the quote, thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also like GJ's almost confession at the end. She just needs a little push to let her guard down. I love how HJ admits that even if she never will let her guard down, he'll continue to like her just as she is. Unfortunately, the romance came too late and not enough. More brevity would've better balanced the last two episodes which were weighted down with politics and investigation.

As for Song, I still wonder how his motives are connected to his wife and his sister-in-law aka S&K's other head figure. There's a shady reason why she's in a coma, and I don't believe Song's undying devotion to her.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

So Mr. Song turned out to the ultimate evil overlord controlling everything and everyone from the shadows.  He set up everything and knows all secrets.  He put people in positions he wanted and orders them around like he's their boss.  I don't suppose there will be a back story about how he was growing up poor and his parents got killed by the top 1% so this is his grand plan for revenge where I'm prompted to shed a few crocodile tears and finally understand the motive.  Or something.

Ms. Kim suddenly becomes small fry now but she's still useful for overthrowing evil doer Mr. Song by giving clues regarding his wife.  GJ may team up with her after all.

I like that HJ finally confessed and GJ got all soft.  They have Kevin Jung to thank as he gave GJ the heads up on the plot against HJ's daddy.  That was very emotional of Mr. Jung.  He really wanted to confirm GJ's feelings so bad.

With so many things left to resolve and too little time, I guess I won't get to see HJ taking GJ back into his family eh.  It's all Mr. Song's fault for coming out at this junction and messes everything up for me.  What a jerk.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kdramaqueen said:

Netflix updates with subtitles at 10:30 EST.

Ah i see, thanks!

Finally saw the episode, yay... as with many, it was the last scene which caught everyone's eye due to HJ's confession.

GJ wasnt too bad too, not really going to confess yet, but showing interest.

Mr Song Mr Song, haiz, why are you the same in Vagabond?. Haha... Well im sure everyone suspected him ever since his sis-in-law came back and mentioned why the sister fell into coma and never wake up ... Song could have easily killed the wife if he wants to, no point of letting her be alive in the hospital and if he had anything to do with SJH's death, as business is all he cares about?

Now, GJ, why that building? Super curious...

Next episode will show us how GJ and HJ team-up with each other to rescue HJ's father and that's great and im sure both will appreciate each other's support and GJ can learn more about love along the way...hahha... common, we need more steamy scenes!:wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, kdramaqueen said:

Still wondering what the deal is with the building that GJ wants to buy:ph34r: I wonder if that is somehow connected to her actual biological parents as she was adopted by the abusive cult leader of a father. It's a stretch of a theory.

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Now, GJ, why that building? Super curious...

I have a wild theory, not sure how accurate it is though :D

The law office from where she sought help as a teenager was located in this building. This is the same building from where she almost jumped down hadn't it been for the young Mr. Park who saved her in the last minute.

After that incident she decided to fight back by any means necessary, and came up with a master plan to put her father behind bars.

In a way, that building was a big turning point in her life.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, kdramaqueen said:

@partyon stole my thunder. :D

i also think the building is related to her suicide attempt and maybe something that she wishes to conquer?

again, issume has to be related to her past too :)

ohhh and it doesnt show up in my netflix ( in my area) yet so am watching via grey zone websites.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Yaaaaa , that confession by Yoon Hee Jae was so good. Seriously , if I were in Geum Ja's place I would just walk over and give him a kiss :mrgreen::joy:. One of the best and most honest confessions I have seen in a drama. And Geum Ja's response was as I had expected...he's removing the bricks on the wall she's built , one by one. While I had always believed GJ liked HJ too, it was nice to have some sort of confirmation on her part.  

I wonder if the secretary of Chan Ho had a hand in helping to "kill" the mistress...one scenario that I have in mind  could be that the secretary is helping the sister to do this ( I remember HJ having some sort of conversation in the early episodes alluding that he should support the right person.) No one knows Chan Ho as well as the secretary.

2 hours ago, partyon said:

I have a wild theory, not sure how accurate it is though :D

The law office from where she sought help as a teenager was located in this building. This is the same building from where she almost jumped down hadn't it been for the young Mr. Park who saved her in the last minute.

After that incident she decided to fight back by any means necessary, and came up with a master plan to put her father behind bars.

In a way, that building was a big turning point in her life.

Yes, it did cross my mind that it might be the place which she wanted to jump before. I hope the show can surprise us on its meaning next time.

Why do i read in some sites whicb says that they dont have chemistry? I tot the sexual tension was way off the roof and GJ is the one who keep pushing back.. haiz

• Like 2
  • Love 1

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 03. 29. 1:29 AM

"Hyena": Joo Ji Hoon expresses his love for Kim Hye Soo, about to face new risks

EF22353E-78F9-4460-8FD8-05981C5C0A7C.jpg

In drama "Hyena", Kim Hye Soo admitted that she worried about Joo Ji Hoon.

On March 29, according to rating company Nielsen Korea, episode 12 on March 28 of Fri-Sat drama "Hyena" (SBS) ranked first among other broadcasts in this time frame when successively recording 9.3% and 11.6% (capital standard) for part 1 and 2. Not only soaring to 12.7% at some point, but the episode also logged the ratings for 20~49 viewers - advertisers' targeted demographic - at 5.2% (part 1) and 6.3% (part 2), thereby taking No.1 of the 20-49 viewership ratings of all dramas in Saturday nights.

This week's episode started with the image of Kim Hye Soo (as Jeong Geum Ja) and Joo Ji Hoon (as Yoon Hae Jae) coming to the murder scene of Lee Joo Yeon (as Seo Jung Hwa). The only suspect at the scene is Ji Hyun Joon (as Ha Chan Ho) - Lee Joo Yeon's lover as well as the director of Issume Holdings. In a state of mental instability, the whole body drenched with the blood of victim Lee Joo Yeon, he was arrested while committing a crime.

Kim Hye Soo as Ji Hyun Joon's lawyer and Joo Ji Hyun as the lawyer of Song&Kim - the legal representative of the Issume group - both started acting. Kim Hye Soo reckoned that Ji Hyun Joon might not be the perpetrator and tried to uncover the truth. Meanwhile, Joo Ji Hoon assumed that Ji Hyun Joo was the offender and assisted Kim Han Soo (as Ha Joon Ho) - Ji Hyun Soo's half-brother - to become the heir of Issume group. Standing behind supporting Joo Ji Hoon was the perfect plan of Lee Kyung Young (as Song Pil Joong) - the director of Song&Kim Law firm.

Seeing Kim Hye Soo still stubborn with the slight chance that Ji Hyun Joon was still alive, Joo Ji Hyun could not help worrying about her because she was the one who intentionally pushed Lee Joo Yeon to Ji Hyun Joon's side. Thinking that Joo Ji Hoon's worried mood was his compassion for his past, Kim Hye Soo once again pushed him away. However, he confessed his passionate feelings to her, “I love Jung Geum Ja of the present - who is holding the past of Jeong Eun Young. I don't care what your name is, you're just yourself."

At Joo Ji Hoon's love confession, Kim Hye Soo opened up for the first time, "I don't hate you." Because of this feeling, she gave a decision that is unlikely of her. Earlier, Kim Hye Soo received from Kim Jae Cheol (as Kelvin Jung) documents that can help overthrow judge Lee Kwang Eui (as Yoon Chung Yong) - Joo Ji Hoon's father. I initially didn't want to get involved in this, but due to the matter related to Jo Ji Hoon, Kim Hye Soo couldn't keep a cool head. He worriedly warned him, "Your dad is about to be toppled. Stop it before it's too late."

Lee Hwang Eui became an enemy of Lee Kyung Young when he opposed the scheme to amend inheritance tax. The drama is expected to begin to have difficulties for Joo Ji Hoon when his father and the ideal model Lee Kyung Young are in opposition. Additionally, the worry that two lawyers Kim Hye Soo and Joo Ji Hoon of "Hyena" have for each other is also growing as they are both directly facing severe and complex incidents. Viewers are focusing their attention on how the couple will overcome all dangers in the future together.

Reporter Park Jung Sun  /park.jungsun@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3