[Drama 2020] Hyena 하이에나

larus

Episode 11 was really interesting. Lots of twists and turns.

I like that HJ is starting to question his role in Song & Kim, and wonder if being a hot shot lawyer is really what he wants.

At the same time he has now stopped pressuring GJ, and it's almost like he has decided to just be there for her.
GJ is still struggling to come to terms that she has feelings towards HJ, and it's clear it's becoming increasingly difficult for her to reject him.

It's nice to see that they are growing closer in each episode  :wub:

@Ameera Ali You need to make us some gifs of the scene where HJ smashes Gi-Hyeok's phone in anger. It was just too funny. :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I watched the episode 11.

What I still remember....

e8f96a8aec8efb115e500f21b99358abfb132052

I like how the first scene came out. The fact that Hee-Jae knows her past did not stopped Geum ja to be herself. She knows very well what she is doing. He said that she is affected from her past, she said that he doesn`t understand her because he was raised sheltered. I like how she worried about him in this episode. And he came to her place to be comforted. :D

Gi-Hyeok and his phone made my laugh. I understand you ! :lol:

There is a fierce battle for power at Song & Kim and the preview it makes me even more worried at what these people can do. I think Ha Chan-Ho did not killed Seo Jung-Hwa but I still not dare to think what really happened. They want the younger brother take over? I am curious what will happen next. It was the second time (after the dinner with politicians and higher ups) when I felt that Mr Song can be more ruthless then Ms Kim. To be on top and remain there he sold his soul to the devil? Let see what are his plans or who is behind him.

35 minutes ago, partyon said:

At the same time he has now stopped pressuring GJ, and it's almost like he has decided to just be there for her.

I think that is very important step in the right direction. They acknowledge each other's strengths and weaknesses . They care ablout each other very much.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

So disappointed that there is no lovey dovey moments this ep. which is setting the tone for the next ep.  The main point of interest will be GJ finding the killer (Law and Order) style.

So Kevin Jung asked GJ out and she politely declined.  Hmm...

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@Shinobu I was disappointed too. Esp after ep 10, I was already psyched up for lovey dovey moments in Ep 11 since HJ finally knew GJ's background. Instead they fought... :mellow:

But looking on the bright side, it is their first non-case related couple's tiff. It does show that they care deeply about each other. If GJ did not feel hurt or offended by his assumptions that she will leave Baek Un Mi in the lurch after using her, she would not quarrel with him n hurt HJ about being sheltered his whole life. Both of them are affected after the quarrel. HJ vented his frustrations and broke Gi Hyeok's phone while GJ broods. I love it when HJ called GJ, mustering up his courage after a few drinks at the bar. He was too proud to apologise straightaway. He beat about the bush until GJ wanted to hang on him then he apologised. Haha! Then he told GJ to apologise too so that they can both move on. But too bad GJ was still mad. :D

It was sweet though that GJ esp went to his office to invite him to watch the "good show" of Baek Un Mi getting back at her abusive mum. GJ wanted HJ to realise that he wronged her. She had a plan all along. HJ agreed that he should not worry about Jung Eun Yeong anymore but he said GJ cannot stop him from worrying about her because he confessed that he cannot stop himself in the first place. :wub:

I wished their lovey dovey moments at GJ's home did not get cut short by Ha Chun Ho. HJ finally found out where she stays ;) and waited outside her house to see GJ cos he was feeling down. He did not even call her maybe he was afraid to be snubbed since GJ already warned him about taking on the tax reform case. HCH deprived us of seeing if and how GJ will console HJ. Grr... :angry:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

@partyon @larus @Ameera Ali Gi Hyeok's funeral procession of his battered/dead phone was hilarious. I was :joy: so hard when he uttered the "s" word.

11 hours ago, partyon said:

10 hours ago, larus said:

I think that is very important step in the right direction. They acknowledge each other's strengths and weaknesses . They care ablout each other very much.

I feel the same as you both. While it's touching to see HJ never giving up on her, at the same time, it's good that he knows when to back off a bit and give her enough space. Btw, during their phone conversation, did you catch GJ referring HJ as an ex-boyfriend? :wub: It almost seems like since they've done the typical blissful dating stuff already (that we saw in the flashbacks), they've reached the stage where they're comfortable enough to have deep conversations - even argue, but understand where the other person is coming from, apologize and be okay. They feel very real.

I think I see GJ's "ice queen" facade melting. I liked it when Ms. Boo reached out to her for a fist pump. It kind of caught GJ by surprise, but I think she was warmed by the sense of camaraderie. Most of all, I was so happy when GJ let HJ into her "home". I thought it was a huge step for her. I also thought it was a step forward for HJ as well. He had told her before that he wasn't fan of soju, but here he's saying that it tasted sweet. Their worlds are meshing together. :) @larus I agree that it was nice to see GJ worry and comfort HJ this time. It shows she cares about him too.

Last, wow...both Song and Kim are simultaneously playing two sides with Kevin Jung and Issume. Will be interesting to see who ultimately prevails in this battle (if either) and the possible truth behind Seo Jeong Hwa's death. :(

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I just finished binge watching 10 episodes early this week, and ep11 yesterday. Have to say Hyena is soooo underrated with such good plot writing, cast, acting and chemistry. I like all characters either good or evil, they always manage to deliver their role perfectly. Watching the story unfolds is really exciting and I cant believe rating is only around 10% on public channel which is relatively low, while IC has a not-as-good script but manage that high rating on cable channel. I guess it's because public channel doesn't have much marketing budget like cable channel?

For ep 11, I like the scene when GJ and HJ sitting together at her place and GJ realizes her desire to comfort HJ. Or when she is driving listening to the news and know that HJ's case is getting bad, her eyes are full of worrying. In previous episodes, it is HJ's actions that melts our heart but I think from ep11 GJ will show her soft side and start to do things to protect HJ. 

One thing on Ep 11 that I don't understand is if Baek Un Mi donates 1 billions won for charity, what's left for her?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Ep. 11: JGJ was extremely rude to HJ in that opening scene even pointing out that his father and brother would bail him out if he ever got into trouble and disparaging them. I understand her being defensive because her methods are unprofessional but get ‘the job done,’ and she doesn’t have to apologize to anyone for surviving in life, but she was being cruel to the only person who genuinely likes her - and he was right in pointing out how her decisions ruin people’s lives - and frankly, why is she so burnt up about people leading successful dignified lives just because she had a rough start? So that did not sit well with me.

And neither did I like her looking down at the ‘inheritance law’ thing he’s working on - he’s a lawyer in a powerful law firm, they work for big money, and mostly corporations, what’s her problem with him working for big corporations or politicians?!

But she cares enough about what he thinks of her to let him know she did not leave the abused daughter in a lurch. And she likes classical music and has a taste for fine wine too. So she has that common interest with HJ but beyond that, I don't see her caring for HJ as a woman, even when she is alone with her thoughts!

When has JGJ ever acknowledged HJ? She has been obnoxious or condescending to him since day one. She has never agreed with his methods nor liked them, in fact she even berates his emotional state, child-like manner and even his family! The only reason why she even let him in is because she was horny or wanted a release. If this is what she does to people she likes, I shudder to think what she’ll do when she hates! (and we’ve seen what that is like too!)

There's a fine line between being a commitment phobe, not allowing anyone near you because of your past, and what JGJ does to HJ all the time, she's not emotionally involved in him, nor interested in him as a man. She likes him a little bit, like someone would like a toy or puppy, and she treats him like that too, but she is focussed on her career and that building. 

HJ needs to get over his JGJ obsession, just to maintain his self-respect, because right now it’s looking like a roadkill (and he’s the roadkill). it almost seems like he wants to be insulted and brushed off by her again and again. his behavior actually reminds me of the theme song from a J-drama: ‘I’m a slave for you’ by Reiji:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv6U5R4VKAA&list=WL&index=19

The ‘comfort me’ scene at the end was extremely cool (so was the 'sorry' scene). JGJ doesn’t know how to be kind (i don’t think poor HJ wanted to make out but a kind word would’ve gone a long way!)

Did JGJ and Kevin Jung take things further after that dinner? It wasn’t shown (she declined the ‘dating’ part but did she decline the ‘sex’?)

So JGJ will buy that building and HJ will come and partner her? And the rest of the team will join in too?

OR she’ll buy the building and he’ll stay at whatever is left of Song & Kim and both will continue to face off against each other in court (like they did in episode 1)?

Setting up Season 2? (Ep. 16 cannot be the end of this great acting duo, relationship or series when more is needed!!!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, queenie said:

One thing on Ep 11 that I don't understand is if Baek Un Mi donates 1 billions won for charity, what's left for her?

She never wanted the money. She wanted to tell everyone what kind of people it is her mother.

2 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Gi Hyeok's funeral procession of his battered/dead phone was hilarious. I was :joy: so hard when he uttered the "s" word.

That was the funniest part of the episode. Hee Jae should buy him a new phone. That`s fair.

The SBS drama “Hyena” is going through the home theater with unpredictable stories, actors' crazy passionateness, and full of tension.

11%2022%201(2).jpg

Despite the arrival of the same scene at the same time, the behavior of two very different people raises curiosity.
First, Jeong Geumja is taking pictures using his cell phone. Like a detective, he is keenly investigating the scene.

What did Jeong Geum-ja's camera contain? And how can the evidence on this camera help uncover the truth at the scene? How do the two hyena lawyers Jeong Geum and Yoon Hee-jae collaborate for the same purpose?

http://woman.chosun.com/client/news/viw.asp?cate=C01&mcate=M1004&nNewsNumb=20200365280

• Like 7

Just saw ep11.... finally the bottled water is finally making a proper recognition and another new advert can be seen, the coffee in the can.

Anyways, one observation from this episode;  HJ seemed to be a responsible person, he always ask a driver to bring him home after he had a drink, which is a good social practice... we have read news about some celebrities who refused to ask a driver despite having a lot of drinks, and causing accidents after that.

GJ, finally we see her getting bothered and worried about HJ.  I didnt like that she let that mistress went bk to her abusive partner, but now the price to pay for that decision, the mistress's death. Sigh.

Cant  wait for the subbed episode tmr!

It would be good to watch her change her ideals and in the process find comfort with HJ as we all want, haha..

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I'm so sad about what happened to the mistress at the end, she used to had good option by leaving for London and have her art gallery there but instead she got back to the guy she didn't love and who abused her, not to said that she also can't be together with the guy she loved. and also.. its hard for me to understand what mr.song said to kevin jung about issume being a holding company that makes kevin jung interested?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

After getting a glimpse into CEO Song's ruthlessness (removing anyone who gets in his way), he probably had something to do with how his wife ended up. Also finally we get to see GJ worrying about HJ and it looks like she'll be doing more of it from the previews. I'm looking forward to them teaming up as its about to go down at S&K.

• Like 3

On the Netflix website, it says Hyena season 1.  Does that mean there will be seaon 2, 3 and beyond?

Well, I'm cool with that considering JJH and KHS will be working together more and maybe they will turn into a real couple so I can throw a party or somethin'.  *insert evil laughter here*

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Ep. 13 promo: it seems Mr. Song is going nuclear on everyone around HJ, his father, JGJ, and the non-couple couple go before the bar association to explain themselves or lose license!

• Like 5
  • Love 1