[Drama 2020] Hyena 하이에나

larus

15 minutes ago, larus said:

I think lawyer Ma and his silly colleague will find evidence after all that Hee Jae and Geum Ja are in a relationship. But so what! I can`t wait to see their frustrated faces when they can`t do anything against them. :D

I am of the exact same opinion. :D Almost wrote it in my previous post, that with that kind of intensity they might have made it into the kitchen or hallway -> evidence for Mr. Ma. But like you said, who cares? :D 

15 minutes ago, larus said:

Maybe he knew about the scar but he did not know from where she really get it. It was easy to lie that she had an accident in the past, she definetly did not tell him about the abuse.

I think it was telling that HJ didn't react with surprise when he saw the scar. That meant that he had seen it before (obviously if they had slept together). GJ probably told him a lie about where the scar came from. 

@realistic2280a Yes, I think there could be cctvs even in private rooms of law firms, but it really depends on the country's legislation. I am not sure about SK's privacy laws, but in the EU it would most likely be against GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) to set up a camera in someone's private office. At least without consent.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, partyon said:

@realistic2280a Yes, I think there could be cctvs even in private rooms of law firms, but it really depends on the country's legislation. I am not sure about SK's privacy laws, but in the EU it would most likely be against GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) to set up a camera in someone's private office. At least without consent.

Haha, that is true.. maybe they were not really caught with a full video maybe just glimpse of it as they went into their offices or something, 

But the story was well known among the legal profession and u know why trust is not a big thing amongst the profession... anyways,

Its funny, i never really look out joo ji hoon's dramas before this. I knew he was big with Princess Hours, but alas with fame, there were bound to be mistakes along his life hence the  scandal. But within 5 years or so, i think he has rebounded and now seeing him with a different eyes in Hyena. 

• Like 4

Episode 9 started... without a continuation of the kiss at the end of episode 8!! That took the wind out of the sails.lol. I was like a stretched rubber band that just....popped... or whatever the word is. 

My predictions based on the preview:

- The case of the abusive husband will come back to haunt GeumJa and I think it may be the what that makes her rethink the use and dump strategy she's been using. Did that abuser kill the girl? GeumJa is the one who sent her back into the lion's den!

- Geum Ja finally allows Hee Jae into her heart. Hee Jae waits for her at the top of the stairs at the door of her old office. She invites him in for a drink in her office, and they seem to be having a conversation laden with subtext. Judging by their clothes, they are interrupted and head out to the Abuser Chaebol's  hotel room/apartment.

Will she tell him how she feels while they're having Soju? I think Hee Jae drinking Geum Ja's Soju also symbolises that he is willing to take her "bitterness", her past life/scars etc. He's only drank Soju one other time when they were having a heart to heart.

Spoiler

90768348_10157713103930412_6162856905266

90987163_10157713123680412_5488302407047

90527835_10157713104260412_2603131995378

I hope that their ending is not the Kdrama ending I have come to expect.... Open ended ending. I don't need a wedding and kids and some happy family portraits. I just want to see that they are together! Give it to me writernim! Don't leave me hanging without a conclusion to their steamy passion!! 

Spoiler

I'll be here, rooting for their romance, just like JiEun!!

90513761_10157713104335412_3906274989094

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Pizza brand Pizza Alvolo presented a new menu through the SBS drama "Hyena"

14294_13831_3718.jpg

On the 21st, Yoon Hee-jae (Jun Ji-hun) and his teammates, Ki-hyuk Jeon (Seokho Jeon) and Kim Chang-wook (Hyun Bong-sik), visited the store with pizza  to eat, and naturally showed the visuals of corn pizza in a story.

An official from Pizza Albolo said, “We were able to appeal to our customers through the broadcast this month because we were exposed to new menus, shops, and campaign slogans that Pizza Albolo valued in the drama Hyena that is attracting attention every day.” "It seems that expectations for corn pizza to be released will increase."

http://www.specialtimes.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=14294

That`s how they incorporate an advertisemenrt in the story. That corn pizza looked delicious. I admit. I wanted a slice of that pizza as well. I guess lawyer at Song & Kim are not that fancy. They don`t eat at expensive restaurants. But their suits are fancy. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@larus So much obvious product placement in this drama.... The coffee maker, the pretzels, the pizza.

I am starting to wonder whether GJ's over the top wardrobe is also some kind of sneaky product placement....? Lol, whatever clothes they are selling, I ain't buying... :joy: Except for the track suit pants. They look comfy. For you know home office quarantine. During the corona virus outbreak. :joy: 

kim-hye-soo-hyena.jpg?resize=550,825&ssl

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

I am starting to wonder whether GJ's over the top wardrobe is also some kind of sneaky product placement....? Lol, whatever clothes they are selling, I ain't buying...

Geum Ja`s outfit is not my style but I like it for her character. It fits her description. She is so distinct even in the office of Song & Kim  but not so out of place.

End of shooting.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

One of the reasons it took time for me to warm up with the drama is because GJ's clothes... i mean, its terrible! Baggy n out of place...

Now that she is with Song & Kim, she looks way better... n wishing her n HJ can reconcile faster n steam our tv screen... haaa

N the mercedes! Nice!... that bottled water wants to be recognised, but branding is not strong enough... at least no Subway!

Ha

• LOL 6

5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

One of the reasons it took time for me to warm up with the drama is because GJ's clothes... i mean, its terrible! Baggy n out of place...

I like to watch kdrama fashion but I don`t mind if a character is not dressed well or if he/she has a bad haircut. I mean it doesn`t affect my watching as long as the plot is good. But if I am very dissapointed on a script and, for some reasons, I am still watching, I am annoyed even on the product placement. :lol:

28 seconds of Jae Hee to enjoy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

On 3/22/2020 at 4:36 PM, noor1 said:

I found HJ’s attitude and behavior incredibly immature, disturbing and extremely unprofessional. In fact, I can’t believe that he’d stoop so low. He has no right to go and bombard JGJ’s meetings and appointments. In fact it’s none of his business how she gets information or who she meets

on the contrary, i find his immature behavior rather attractive as compared to those straight up men like Kevin. I think he cares enough about her and wants to know everything she does and i its very clear he is jealous which makes him the more charming. I won't deny that GJ is attracted to these qualities, she is only pushing him away because of her past.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

on the contrary, i find his immature behavior rather attractive as compared to those straight up men like Kevin. I think he cares enough about her and wants to know everything she does and i its very clear he is jealous which makes him the more charming. I won't deny that GJ is attracted to these qualities, she is only pushing him away because of her past.

Me too...ahahaha...I just find his petty jealousy very cute. Actually they both are quite similar. They both behave the way they do because they are trying to surpress the feelings they have for the other but it comes out wrong and seemingly childish. Their bickering is one of the reasons I find this drama so engaging.

So what are all your thoughts on Song ? And the fued btwn Song and Kim . I did like Song at the beginning considering how well he treats HJ - like his own son. But like HJ, I felt uncomfortable when he took HJ to that dinner with the politicians. I wonder if he's using HJ because of HJ's father.

BTS

38 minutes ago, triplem said:

So what are all your thoughts on Song ? And the fued btwn Song and Kim . I did like Song at the beginning considering how well he treats HJ - like his own son. But like HJ, I felt uncomfortable when he took HJ to that dinner with the politicians. I wonder if he's using HJ because of HJ's father

I think Song made the law firm what is is today by being in close contact with those bigwigs. He is pushing for the inheritance tax law which of course will benefit the large corporations.  He may be using HJ because of his father as you say and i notice in ep10 that probably HJ is beginning to realize it when he recalled what GJ said about why Song is keeping HJ by his side. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Hyena 'Kim Hye-soo-Joo Ji-jun and chaebol third generation Ji Hyun-joon are amazed at the reunion ... What effect will it have?

202003261096088241_1.jpg

'In front of Jung Geum-Ja (Kim Hye Soo)  and Yoon Hee Jae (Ju Ji Hoon), trouble maker chaebol third generation Ha Chan-Ho (Ji Hyun Joo)  re-appears.

Divorce lawsuits, Seo Jeong-hwa imprisonment, assault cases. In two cases related to Ha Chan-ho, Jeong Geum and Yoon Hee-jae each confronted each other as lawyers. But now the two are working together on the Song & Kim H team.

In response to this, Ha Chan-ho's re-appearance, the beginning of these ties, will affect the relationship between the two, and they wonder how to solve the case.

(Google translate)

http://star.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/202003261096088241

In SBS Geumto drama 'Hyena', there is high interest in actor Oh Kyung-hwa, who plays the role of secretary Lee Ji-eun, the right arm of lawyer Jeong Geum-ja (Hye-soo Kim).

image_readtop_2020_314816_15852008354138

Behind the perfect work and driving force of the ruler is Ji Eun Lee. Jieun Lee has better information power, faster work and perfect ability than anyone else.

A character that may look somewhat stiff due to clerical tone and a calm look, but the reason why it doesn't feel soft or distant is because of the excellent acting of Oh Kyung-hwa.

Oh Kyung-hwa, who has gained experience in theatrical stage and independent films, plays Jieun naturally and tastefully with her own colors. Here, Yun Hee-jae's lawyer (Ji Ji-hun's GPS) has become a GPS and melts the cuteness of supporting Jin-jae and Hee-jae's love line, and is receiving support from viewers.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2020/03/314816/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have been snooping at Chinese forums cos there are so many Hyena fans there. Someone translated the Geum Ja's mobile phone text screens. Just to briefly summarise. But I dunno if accurate since I dun understand Korean. :P

Geum Ja - "So happy that you agreed without hesitation to have no secrets between us. Love you. :heart::heart:."

Hee Jae - "A zero-secrets relationship - You are the first one. Love you too. :heart:"

The fan also pointed out that the fact that Geum Ja didn't delete their previous messages shows how much Hee Jae meant to her. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Kdramafan said:

I have been snooping at Chinese forums cos there are so many Hyena fans there. Someone translated the Geum Ja's mobile phone text screens. Just to briefly summarise. But I dunno if accurate since I dun understand Korean. :P

Geum Ja - "So happy that you agreed without hesitation to have no secrets between us. Love you. :heart::heart:."

Hee Jae - "A zero-secrets relationship - You are the first one. Love you too. :heart:"

The fan also pointed out that the fact that Geum Ja didn't delete their previous messages shows how much Hee Jae meant to her. :wub:

Omg thanks they are so sweet..

So this is where fans get to know that GJ is HJ's first serious relationship?

Or did i miss anything?

• Like 3

@Whisper2 In Ep 1, when Geum ja was looking at Hee Jae's photo on the white board, she said saying "he is almost perfect... now is the perfect timing.... I will date him." to a very shocked Ji-eun. Come to think about it, with GJ's capabilities n the help of her detective friend, it's prob more efficient to just steal the doctor's memo directly from the clinic.  :joy: 

Anyway, she got her hands on Ha Chan Ho's Doctor's memo by accessing Hee Jae's tablet. GJ had asked HJ to change his password to her birthday so that there will be no secrets between them. I rem Ji-Eun's smirk when GJ told her that these are the things that people in love do. :D In a way, their past texts are actually 'proof' of how she led him on n tricked him. But she did not delete the evidence. :wub: 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Hyena 하이에나