Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2020] Hyena 하이에나

Thanks larus. :) I was kinda hoping that they will let their chemistry slip during the team dinner and make Lawyer Boo jealous. Haha. :P Ya, I thought Hee Jae looked kind when he saw Geum Ja in tears. So was surprised by the text preview.

• Like 4

Kim Hye Soo And Joo Ji Hoon Share Tension And Truths Over Drinks In “Hyena”

Mar 14, 2020
by C. Hong
a70a908123264420867e3aec74132651.jpeg?s=

Ahead of the March 14 broadcast, SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Hyena” released stills of Kim Hye Soo and Joo Ji Hoon sharing drinks in two different situations.

“Hyena” is about the cutthroat competition between lawyers who use their knowledge of the law to pursue ambitions of wealth. Kim Hye Soo stars as Jung Geum Ja, a money-hungry lawyer who has fought her way up from the bottom, and Joo Ji Hoon stars as Yoon Hee Jae, an elite lawyer at one of Korea’s top law firms who seems to have it all.

A key point in the drama is the love-hate relationship between these two characters, who got off on the wrong foot but share a palpable chemistry. In one set of stills, Jung Geum Ja and Yoon Hee Jae are at an after-work drinking party together. They stare each other down across the table, ignoring everyone else’s discomfort, and Jung Geum Ja defiantly drinks soju while Yoon Hee Jae prefers an elegant glass of wine.

But in another set of stills, the atmosphere turns warmer and more mysterious as the two share a glass of whisky together. Unlike Jung Geum Ja’s usual confident demeanor, she looks sad and downcast. Yoon Hee Jae, instead of being antagonistic, looks at her with real concern.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1388228wpp/kim-hye-soo-and-joo-ji-hoon-share-tension-and-truths-over-drinks-in-hyena

4 minutes ago, Kdramafan said:

Thanks larus. :) I was kinda hoping that they will let their chemistry slip during the team dinner and make Lawyer Boo jealous. Haha. :P Ya, I thought Hee Jae looked kind when he saw Geum Ja in tears. So was surprised by the text preview.

Just like we suspected. Geum Ja is feeling melo because she remembers her past but Hee Jae will see this vulnerable side of her. Things are going in the right direction. So far not many surprises from the writer.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Thanks for this preview. Can't wait to watch ep 8. I keep refreshing Netflix. Lol. :D

By the way, who is Secretary Kim Sang Mi? Have we seen her yet? 

Edited by Kdramafan
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, larus said:

What an episode for our couple! They were great. It was so nice the moment when Hee Jae asked if she is trusting him and when she said that she trusts him. When they give five after Geum Ja nailed it with her final statement in court!

It was a team work but we can`t deny that Geum ja was a true lider of the group. Once again, it was showed that Geum Ja is not about money. She is the person that likes to get to the bottom of things. She has the ability to know the human nature and she is able to do footwork to investigate every aspect of the case. It was too convenient  that she found the evidence but I am glad that the case is ending quickly. Let the writer concentrate on important things. :D

Like I already said, in the next episode we`ll see ore about Geum ja`s past. And I think we`ll see another honest conversation for our couple. I think they will connect again and that`s more important for the future relationship.

I loved that this episode showed trust building between the couple and that it was solidified toward the end. GJ finally said it that she trusts HJ over the phone, but I think we know that HJ trusts her back as well. Otherwise, he would not have made her co-counsel. I thought it was funny when it became clear to Gi Hyeok that the two "weasels" had a plan between them, but the rest of the team were left out in the dark. Haha.

GJ rocked it in the court room! She was definitely the leader for this win. I think she gained some mad respect from both her and HJ's teams. It was nice seeing each of them so happy for the success. Especially her parter - she knows that her and GJ and have worked their butts off. I agree GJ finding the evidence was convenient, but I think it was needed to prove that her belief in relentless detective/investigative work pays off. You never know what you'll find when you comb through every crack and corner.

I am looking forward to today's episode. Really wanting to know more about GJ's past and hoping she trusts HJ personally enough to open up to him. Even just a little bit would still be huge step for them.

Btw, Ms. Kim is back. It looks like she has her eyes on GJ. I hope she won't cause hurdles in the partnership/relationship between HJ and GJ, but I have a feeling she might. We shall see...

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Ep 8 is daebak. One huge step for them. Finally realised Ms Kim Sang Mi's is Hee Jae's secretary. Lol.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

I love episode 8:wub: I think that we can look forward to a jealous HJ next week HAHAHA I wonder why this drama is so underrated:(

Edited by Cmaine169
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Please tell me why HJ will be jealous.  I so want to know.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Episode 8 was amazing...especially the end!

Their drinking scenes are absolutely the best. Our dear HJ…always wearing his heart on his sleeve. He finally made that call to her. His vulnerability always gets me. My heart melted when he admitted that he came all the way to the soju place because he wanted to see her. And he doesn’t even like soju. He’s still trying hard to find out if/when GJ was ever sincere with him. Also, he hates the fact that she knows everything about him yet he knows nothing about her. I admire his persistency in getting to know her no matter how hard she tries pushing him away.

As for GJ, what a painful past. Though we suspected it, it’s now clear as why she became a lawyer and how she needed to know it well in order to protect herself. Regarding her feelings for HJ, I think she does "love" him, but one, she is afraid to let her guard down and two, I got the sense that she feels her past/background does not match up to his. She wants him to continue being him and not get mixed up with her. When HJ left the soju place, my heart ached for her when she said the soju was bitter. We know she's not really referring to that.

Her father is back in the picture. Ugh. Based on their encounter after so many years, it is clear that he's the only one that can make her vulnerable. I liked that HJ was able to sense something was off and came to her office to offer wine and someone to talk to. And she let him in on her past! I'm proud of her. He said that he is willing to let her "use" him, but I think he truly wanted to be there for her. Hoping that he will continue to do so and even protect her. (The emotions in this scene was so well done.)

Edited:

Shinobu - Based on the preview, GJ will be working on a new case and closely with the client who appears to be quite handsome/charismatic so HJ is acting jealous about it. Haha.

• Like 10
  • Love 3

Yes, yes! What we wanted to see. I really loved Geum Ja and Hee Jae`s closeness in this episode. Oh, man! I think Hee Jae is becoming one of my favorite male characters from kdramas because of how he is handle his emotions. I like how honest he is with his feeling and how he is able to see when Geum Ja is vulnerable and needs him the most.

I see some of the present Geum ja`s determination in the younger self. Just like that man, so called father, saw the same feisty spirit. She was desperate enough to come up with a plan to save herself and her younger brother from that abuser. It was not enough to keep him in jail when he murdered his wife because he was drunk and he did not intented to kill her. Ya, right. Young Geum Ja/ Eun Yeong was smart and curageous to come up with a plan but it was a dangerous plan too. It wasn`t the truth but when the truth helped her?

Now he is almost a pastor and he wants Geum Ja to come to him to seek forgiveness? He still gives a creepy wibe.

Yeah, both confession drinking scene were beautiful done.

When he said...

8cd69bce3a135eadcfc59993f426fe1cf5a1280e

especially ...

84112704dcf01123ac59c068f72cbf45ecf93682

I melted. :wub:

He wanted to know everything about her to revisit everything to see if she was sincere about something in their past relationship.

It is true. He did not know anything about her.

Spoiler

c63f7ede45db4c8017037c6c72fb400f0199d8d2\

Finelly you realise that.

And of course, the last scene. Hee Jae knew that Geum ja needs company.

0ed352e9129b0626de0b0ccb12f7db9c7ff9207a

What can I do for you right now?

7de73b2f4c8b834c5d7d0e7091d3736d749ee5c4

She said to him that she doesn`t intend to rekindle the romance with him and he said :

"Right now just managed how you feel. My heart is mine to handle."  :wub:

I knew that this is comming.:D

c4f8e537d6437656230c62a4854528cd94f2b58a

Very few chances that he will consider that night did not happen. She won`t forget it either. :D

• Like 7
  • Love 8

Omg !  I didn’t hv time to write about eps 7 but it was such a good one . Actually GJ & HJ make such good partners . GJ was the mvp with her out of the box thinking , but HJ played his part too . I loved it when they knew they had they won the case at court and he offered his hand & she responded.  I loved it when he asked her if she trusted him , and much later on , just before the court case,  she told him she had faith in him.

Spoiler

@larus @taeunfighting HJ is such a sweetheart if you ask me . He keeps looking out for her even though she stomped on his heart several times ....  can’t wait to watch eps 8 . 

what a kiss !!!

• Like 6
  • Love 5

France locked their borders 

US locked their borders 

Italy locked their  borders 

but these two not able to lock their lips :joy:

15842230541584223051.gif

15842232641584223252.gif

15842232061584223196.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

@larus @triplem @Ameera Ali Thank you for the visuals!:wub:

55 minutes ago, triplem said:

HJ is such a sweetheart if you ask me . He keeps looking out for her even though she stomped on his heart several times ....  can’t wait to watch eps 8 .

You are so right. He is a total sweetheart. To be honest, I feel GJ luckily "tricked" the right man. Fortunately, he is pure good inside and honestly cares about her. If she will let him, I think that he can help her heal and find happiness in life. Hope you enjoy 8!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Wow.  What a super secshy and smoking hot kiss!  Get together lovebirds (for real).  This couple needs to be left on an uninhabited island.  I promise I won't set up surveillance cameras. *shift brows up and down*

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Agree with tauenfighting, Hee Jae is really v sweet. Wonder what he likes about Geum Ja when he's really spoilt for choices when it comes to women. Lawyer Boo would have been a gd choice too. N she obviously likes him. So funny that he saved Geum Ja's number as Dog though. Why? Was it to remind himself not to call her? :D Geum Ja set HJ's ringtone on her hp as a Dog barking too. So cute these two!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

For once we have two actors who are pretty aggressive kissers. That's just my impression of them through the characters they play. I'm glad that GJ is letting HJ see a very vulnerable side of her. Of course, after that night, she's going back to pretend it never happened and for him to forget their past, find a nice wife, blah blah. Yeah right, lady, not after a kiss like THAT!

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

What a twist when I saw what happened to GJ and Dad!

GJ used the law to put her dad in jail! Yes she was abused but she set her dad up! No wonder she is afraid of her dad. She knew what she did was wrong... That is why she would retreat when her dad moved towards her. Her past is back to haunt her. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

France locked their borders 

US locked their borders 

Italy locked their  borders 

but these two not able to lock their lips 

Welcome back. We have missed your gifs. :)

9 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

You are so right. He is a total sweetheart. To be honest, I feel GJ luckily "tricked" the right man. Fortunately, he is pure good inside and honestly cares about her. If she will let him, I think that he can help her heal and find happiness in life.

That`s why I like him very much. Geum Ja is lucky to find this man. I was smiling when she said that "this night haver happened" because it will impossible. I don`t blame Hee Jae that he did not "forget". He said that he will handle his heart. No, he is a softer when it is about "heart"/ emotions. It will be a time when Geum Ja will have to recognize her feelings. I will look forward for the moment when she will confess her feelings towards him.

3 hours ago, Anna Tan said:

GJ used the law to put her dad in jail! Yes she was abused but she set her dad up! No wonder she is afraid of her dad. She knew what she did was wrong... That is why she would retreat when her dad moved towards her. Her past is back to haunt her. 

I could see now very well now how Geum Ja can be the right person for "high risk" jobs. She is a woman of action and even when she was young, when she faced difficulty, she took care of it. I don`t blame her that she set up her father. The system failed to protect her. She knew very well that she will be dead next. I am glad that she did not kill herself by jumping that building. Her father killed her mother but he was set free after a few years because he was drunk and could not be responsable for his action. That`s outrageous. Not only that he got a small sentence but because he has countinued his distructive behavious after his release, beating almost to death his children. I thought that Geum Ja will kill her father because of her desperation but instead, she gave the system the intention  for hurting her and locked that monster for a long period of time. Yes, it was a lie but she did it to protect herself. She was a strong spirit even then.

Geum Ja is not afraid of her father because she knew that she set him up, because she knew she did wrong. Like she said, she was living a tough life, dealing with gansters and not afraid to die (like her motto: I have nothing to lose/ I can`t get any lower). But she was petrified and made defensive moves because after 23 years she was in front of her abuser again. The abuse was so deep that she felt like the little girl, the victim she was in the past. I don`t think it was her fear that she knew she did him wrong. In that moment, in the office, Geum Ja felt like a victim again. That`s my understanding.

Like I said, the father gave me a creepy vibe. Let see if he changed. But I am afraid that he is a wolf in sheep`s clothing. He claims that he is a pastor now but what he did when he met her daughter for the first time after so many years? He invited her to seek forgiveness? I don`t think it is right. What about what he did wrong? After so many years of self reflect and claim to follow God ways, I did not feet his sincerity. Maybe I am wrong. We`ll see.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@larus the father had some nerve asking her to seek his forgiveness. That made me angry .

What GJ did was to protect herself- it was crazy & unorthodox but it gave her a way  out & I can’t blame her for fighting for her own life . That mindset has followed her ever since- she’s a survivor & uses that underdog mentality to help her rise above the hardships . She thinks she’s trash when she told HJ not to like her ( and  to find someone better ) but I think HJ likes her for who she is .

@taeunfighting Everything in eps 8 was magic for me who’s been rooting for them since day 1 .  That confession was so good . Then she tells him about what her father did ! And he comforts her in the way he knows best , letting her use him . :mrgreen:. @Ameera AliThis night never happened? No way ! The kiss was hot , but her pushing him against the wall .. that was another level altogether.  

• Like 5
  • Love 4

53 minutes ago, triplem said:

the father had some nerve asking her to seek his forgiveness. That made me angry .

What GJ did was to protect herself- it was crazy & unorthodox but it gave her a way  out & I can’t blame her for fighting for her own life . That mindset has followed her ever since- she’s a survivor & uses that underdog mentality to help her rise above the hardships . She thinks she’s trash when she told HJ not to like her ( and  to find someone better ) but I think HJ likes her for who she is .

Exactly. The nerve. It is all about him. I could easily see him saying that he find a new way while being wronged and spending so much time in prison for the crime he did not do, that he is ready to turn the other cheek, but in reality, he did not forgive at all. He is seing himself as a victim. Not even once he put himself in the place of his children. He even asked himself even once, what must have been to be in Eun young`s shoes, to be capable to, literally, stick a knife in herself. She was willing to die because she could have died that moment. He did not even show any reaction on his face when they met after so many years. He was calm but in the same time he almost enjoyed the moment to see her be tormented at his presence. And he said that she is the same, feisty, like he remembered her. OMG. I wish I am wrong but I am afraid I am right about him. Time will tell.

Hyena – K-Drama Episode 7 Recap & Review

As we approach the midway point of this courtroom Korean drama one thing’s for sure – Ju Ji-Hoon and Kim Hye-Soo are the best on-screen couple of the year so far. Their confidence and charisma oozes through every scene they share and as is the case this week, they don’t even need to say anything to exude this. Much like the first case, this episode sees the conclusive chapter to the D&T case as our two lawyers are forced to work together in a surprisingly effective showcase of talent.

Episode 7 of Hyena sees us return to the moments after the police arrive and arrest Jin-Su. It turns out Geum-Ja left the phone on and is currently recording the entire conversation she’s having with Jeung-Yun. With Hee-Jae listening in, he threatens her and bids his farewells, declaring that he’ll see her in court.

Believing they have conclusive evidence, the duo curse their luck before she tells Hee-Jae to head to the Attorney’s Office. All together, they sit and try to formulate a new tactic to take after piecing together what clues they have. It turns out their request to check the legality request was declined and it’s yet another obstacle thrown at them to try and overcome.

As they watch the news, Prosecutor Park takes to the stand and addresses the media, prompting Geum-Ja to turn off the TV and give orders for everyone – including Hee-Jae whom she tells to visit Mr Song with her. Her bossing him around doesn’t sit well with Hee-Jae but they suck it up and face the music together. In his office, Mr Song tells them to make sure Jin-Su isn’t prosecuted and to get acquitted no matter what. With the battle lines drawn, Hee-Jae and Geum-Ja head off to their separate offices and try to work out what to do next.

Geum-Ja looks over a list of employees who have resigned and realizes that document is very long – perhaps too long even for new employees. With the team together, they visit all the different people who quit and realize a lot have something in common – gas-lighting. With 100 people quitting, the duo deduce that a lot of them may well have quit because of the way Jin-Su mistreated them.

The team do manage to stumble upon a copy of Yeoung-Jun’s diary though and within it, it lists exactly what evidence the prosecution have against their client. Hee-Jae heads off to meet Mr Son, presenting the copy of his diary to him and seeing firsthand the issues he’s going through ,using the rookie lawyer by his side as a guinea pig to see the psychological tactic first-hand.

more https://www.thereviewgeek.com/hyena-e7review/

Hyena: Episodes 7-8 Open Thread

by missvictrix

Hyena78_1.jpg

Our leads might be the best at bickering like middle schoolers, but they also make a pretty unbeatable team in the courtroom, too. This week we get to see what happens when they find some harmony — and even better, we get some backstory and bonding.

EPISODES 7-8 WEECAP

Hyena78_2.jpg

While we saw a little more lawyering this week, Hyena stayed just as fun and playful, with a streak of courtroom boo-yah! At the end of last week’s episodes, it was clear that Hee-jae and Geum-ja were really going to have to bite the bullet and join forces if they wanted to win the D&T case. The stakes were high (really high, as the meeting in the “principal’s office” showed us) — not only for Song & Kim, but for each of their careers.

And for all their reluctance, when they finally combined their teams and brain power, they two were as awesome as I expected. The best part of their teamwork, though, is that they are mature enough to notice and leverage each of their strengths. That strategy showed during their “investigation” as they were preparing for the D&T case, but especially in the courtroom scene where it all came together.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/03/hyena-episodes-7-8-open-thread/

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Y'all!! I need to go to the salon, but here I am spazzing over our couple!! (Dirty secret... I've replayed that last scene probably 50 times. Someone was kind enough to make a looping video of their kiss on IG! Thank you whoever you are!! :D)

The one reason I love dramas with older cast is that I know they won't waste my time with terrible kiss scenes. I was swooning the same way for the kiss in Melting me Softly between the Male Lead and his old girlfriend. She pushed him against the wall and I died!! Geum Ja  really went after Hee Jae what with that open mouth and possible tongue!! and Hee Jae did not disappoint!:wub:.  It's been a while for our Geum Ja!! lol!

After episode 8, I have lost whatever little objectivity I had when it comes to this drama!! I'm an irrevocably enamoured fan!! Hee Jae, the spurned but hopeful ex, coming back  to confirm that GeumJa really didn't feel anything during the time they had together, getting burned by her cruel words but still going back again and again is the trope I did not know I needed! His hope keeps him going back but I would say the consistency of his actions also mellows GeumJa to the point she opens up to him. She could have cut him off coldly when he mentioned her father and we would have understood. However, she responds to his efforts and talks about how discombobulated that moment facing her father made her feel. I felt tears forming in my eyes!! I only hang on because I knew the kiss scene was coming, lol.

We also get to understand why she "bought" the name GeumJa. I wonder if her name relates to the character in Lady Vengeance. What does the name mean? Does it define her present character?

10 hours ago, larus said:

Geum Ja is not afraid of her father because she knew that she set him up, because she knew she did wrong. Like she said, she was living a tough life, dealing with gangsters and not afraid to die (like her motto: I have nothing to lose/ I can`t get any lower). But she was petrified and made defensive moves because after 23 years she was in front of her abuser again. The abuse was so deep that she felt like the little girl, the victim she was in the past. I don`t think it was her fear that she knew she did him wrong. In that moment, in the office, Geum Ja felt like a victim again. That`s my understanding.

This is my understanding of the situation too. Seeing her father brought back all the emotions associated with him and she regressed into her childhood. As she talked to Hee Jae, she was shocked that the memories made her step back away from him like she would do in the past. Kinda like muscle memory, her body automatically knew the sequence of actions to take when confronted by her father, her experiences have conditioned her body to react that way.

I have seen many comments online with viewers complaining that they couldn't stomach her brand of immorality especially in the case of the wife beating chaebol. Others were shocked at how easily she used Hee Jae and seemed to have no remorse about it, even smiling as she saw him in pain through that monocular telescope thingi during the Chairman's party. We finally see where her skewed sense of justice comes from, and hopefully those viewers will get back to watching the drama. I was a little disturbed about her character choices in that domestic violence case, but I knew there was a reason for her mean streak. Plus I loved the character from day one, so mental gymnastics kicked in to justify her behaviour.

Her father will bring further complications in her life and facing them is probably what will allow her to accept Hee Jae. I am here for that moment!!

Bring on Jealous Hee Jae and more kissing!! I don't know how to survive till Friday!!

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1