[Drama 2020] Hyena 하이에나

larus

7 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I want to know more about Hee Jae's background. Is there some emotional issue to deal with? is he just a chaebol who needs to prove himself? So far his family doesn't look too bad... His father is not the stereotypical hard and cold KDrama dad, and his brother is so righteous! What emotional ground does he have to cover except for healing from GeumJa's burn? I also wonder if GeumJa's past is tied to Song and Kim... In true drama fashion.

I want to know more about Hee Joo as well. I feel that he is a loner. Except for the laywer colleague, he doesn`t have many friends.

I bet that he grow up with a lot of pressure because of his elite family and he wants to prove himself also. He is ambitious himself and he chose a different path then his father and his brother but still on the law environment. For him law is a family tradition. Geum Ja chose law to protect herself.

I wonder if Geum Ja is looking at Song & Kim building. We don`t  have a confirmation of which building it is about. If it is a connection between Geum Ja and Song & kim, I assume it is with the former associate Kim,  Song Pil Joong`s father in law. But since he is dead, maybe it will appear another character tied with Geum ja`s past.

7 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Would SHK have done justice to the role? Off the top of my head, No, but I think if she had immersed herself in the character, she would have pulled it off and it would have been a career defining character for her. Well.... we'll never know now, will we!

There are people who do not like Kim Hye Soo in the role (I know someone who decided to dropp the drama because of her. Maybe it is not a singular case) and other people who could not imagine someone else in the role of Geum Ja. It is a personal taste.

I think Kim Hye Soo made this role herself and put a personal touch to the role. I believe that Song Hye Kyo lost an oportunity for a great, different role but I have not doubt that she will have other oportunities in the future. Maybe she would have had a different approach and gave us a different Geum Ja, still good. Yeah, we never know. It is not a singular case in movie casting/ kdramaland. When one actor can`t do a role, another one is lucky.

I even heard people who don`t like Lee Ji-Eun, Geum Ja`s investigator, secretary, friend. I personally like her and I really enjoy their partnership too. Give us more scenes with these two. :D

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

First time I saw KHS with BYJ in "Did we really love?", I became a fan and of course that was way before JJH came into the scene.  I feel they both have an eccentric side to their personality and are quite suitable.  Frankly, I can't see another actress in the role of GJ and I also can't see a more perfect male with her than JJH in this scenario.  (He even made big sis KHS flustered.  Gah, I ship.  Do you see hearts in my eyes? :p . I also ship her with dashing Jung Woo Sung.) ;)

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

On 3/10/2020 at 5:32 PM, Shinobu said:

Gah, I ship.  Do you see hearts in my eyes? :p .

Yes, I see them. :D

Preview for ep 7. Look at these two! :w00t:  They are two teens pretending to be lawyers? Please, make up already. At this point everyone at Song & Kim will know that they still love each other, pretending they hate each other. 

TygI0d.gif

Another funny couple.

2020031002303_0.jpg

Spoiler

2020031003577_0.jpg

2020031003577_1.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

14 hours ago, Shinobu said:

First time I saw KHS with BYJ in "Did we really love?", I became a fan and of course that was way before JJH came into the scene

Funny you mentioned  the drama 'Did we really love?" That drama was ancient hahaha I forgot KHS was in it, I only remember her in Signal. Her role here is very much different from the two dramas. Wasn't a fan but I'm beginning to like her.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

Funny you mentioned  the drama 'Did we really love?" That drama was ancient hahaha I forgot KHS was in it, I only remember her in Signal. Her role here is very much different from the two dramas. Wasn't a fan but I'm beginning to like her.

I think I only watched about 4 of her dramas and Signal is one of them but I can't remember much of it (maybe because I didn't finish.)  KHS was excellent in "Did we really love?".  I enjoyed the angst and the cast was great but as usual, too many unnecessary subplots.

I thought Hyena would be boring considering it's about lawyers which is not a topic of interest to me.  But so far it's moving along nicely.  Love the couple (and I'm still wishing on a star the ship will sail for real as well.  Both are still available.  ;)  )

For me, if the drama doesn't bore me, it's good in my book. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Kim Hye Soo And Joo Ji Hoon Try To Put Their Feelings Aside For Work In “Hyena”

Mar 11, 2020
by S. Park
3e73e329b96148bc89be59d3fc8d4bac.jpeg?s=

Kim Hye Soo and Joo Ji Hoon will test out their teamwork in “Hyena.”

Last week, Jung Geum Ja (played by Kim Hye Soo) and Yoon Hee Jae (played by Joo Ji Hoon) were backstabbed while separately working on the IPO for D&T. After the CEO was arrested with an arrest warrant, the plans and hopes for an IPO dissolved. Their attention then turned to the evidence that witness Kim Young Joon (played by Han Jun Woo) submitted to the prosecution.

Because of these events, Jung Geum Ja and Yoon Hee Jae are forced to put their differences aside and work together to achieve their mutual goal of finding out about Kim Young Joon’s evidence.

On March 11, “Hyena” gave viewers a peek at their synergy with new stills. Jung Geum Ja and Yoon Hee Jae show off their charisma while walking down the halls of the law firm. Despite being on the same team now, the two characters still bicker. Yoon Hee Jae provokes Jung Geum Ja and she doesn’t back down.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387713wpp/kim-hye-soo-and-joo-ji-hoon-try-to-put-their-feelings-aside-for-work-in-hyena

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's my conspiracy theory.  When Mr. Song was aware of GJ, it was like he saw himself.  He also rose from the mud and got married into rich Kim family then eventually took S & K.  His wife's condition possibly caused by him because she knew of his ambitions.  What if the guy sent away by Mr. Song was there to keep him at bay hence he rid of the guy.  Now that the sil is aware, she's planning to come back. 

HJ takes pride in his career as a righteous lawyer working at S & K but the irony may be that he's working for an empire that was built from doing all the dirty things that he's still naive about.  

Maybe Mr. Song genuinely likes GJ and really wants to take her under his wings.  Or maybe he ships her with HJ and wants to match make them.  For that reason, I like Mr. Song even if he's a little shady.

• Like 3

Kim Hye Soo And Joo Ji Hoon Search For Answers In Jail In “Hyena”

Mar 12, 2020
by S. Park
426e1a58246d41f8bcde461dac293e0a.jpeg?s=

Kim Hye Soo and Joo Ji Hoon will combine their strengths for a common goal in “Hyena.”

The SBS drama has been drawing viewers with its plot twists and exciting story. Last week, Jung Geum Ja (played by Kim Hye Soo) and Yoon Hee Jae (played by Joo Ji Hoon) were both taken by surprise when their client was arrested.

Jung Geum Ja joined Yoon Hee Jae’s law firm as its newest partner and was assigned the IPO of start-up D&T, which was a case being led by Yoon Hee Jae. The two came face-to-face once again and both of them stated they couldn’t work with each other. The case, however, quickly evolved after it was revealed that the witness who provided information on the D&T CEO’s accusations of privacy violations also had additional evidence.

Both characters pointed at the other as the criminal. It’s now up to the lawyers to find out who is telling the truth and what this evidence is.

On March 12, the drama released stills of Jung Geum Ja and Yoon Hee Jae visiting D&T CEO Sohn Jin Soo (played by Park Shin Woo) in jail. The CEO looks furious while wearing his prison uniform, making viewers wonder what happened during their visit and if the two lawyers will be able to find a clue to a solution.

According to the staff, Jung Geum Ja and Yoon Hee Jae each visited Sohn Jin Soo to solve the case. Although they’re working together, they plan to use their own methods to get the truth out of Sohn Jin Soo.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387879wpp/kim-hye-soo-and-joo-ji-hoon-search-for-answers-in-jail-in-hyena

• Like 2

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Preview ! 

I think Geum Ja is meeting her abuser from the past. And we`ll see a little more about her past.

If I find a translated episode tonight i will watch today. I like that this drama has translations available pretty quick.

• Like 4

There are people who said KHS looks so much older than JJH.  I feel they look around the same age range.

I enjoyed ep 7.  There were some subtle flirting and things.  Somehow I felt GJ finding the recording was a little too convenient.  I really look forward to the next ep though.  You know men get weak at women's tears.  HJ's heart is melted once more.  They better have him bring her home to meet the family in this drama or else I will fry someone on a stick.

*edit*

Ep 5-6 have the funniest moments.

GJ:  cursing harshly

HJ:  cursing more harsly

GJ:  Your eyeballs are about to pop out

HJ danced his eyes around.  (That was good.)

HJ:  This is my home gurrrrouundddd....

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I watched last night but I could not have time to comment.

What an episode for our couple! They were great. It was so nice the moment when Hee Jae asked if she is trusting him and when she said that she trusts him. When they give five after Geum Ja nailed it with her final statement in court!

It was a team work but we can`t deny that Geum ja was a true lider of the group. Once again, it was showed that Geum Ja is not about money. She is the person that likes to get to the bottom of things. She has the ability to know the human nature and she is able to do footwork to investigate every aspect of the case. It was too convenient  that she found the evidence but I am glad that the case is ending quickly. Let the writer concentrate on important things. :D

Like I already said, in the next episode we`ll see ore about Geum ja`s past. And I think we`ll see another honest conversation for our couple. I think they will connect again and that`s more important for the future relationship.

“Itaewon Class” + “Hyena” Continue To Draw High Viewership Ratings

Mar 14, 2020
by E. Cha
124ca25fcfa3483794582d7912933764.jpeg?s=

Meanwhile, “Hyena” remained first place in its time slot with average nationwide ratings of 8.8 percent and 10.8 percent for its two parts. The drama performed even better in the Seoul metropolitan area, where it scored average ratings of 9.9 percent and 11.7 percent, with a peak of 12.4 percent for the night.

Hyena 'Kim Hye-soo X Joo Ji-hun's first dinner, why suddenly the atmosphere got colder?

2020031400648_0.jpg

in the eighth episode of 'Hyena' broadcast today (14th), the first dinner site of Jeong Geum-ja and Yoon Hee-jae will be revealed. On this day, the team dinner was held to celebrate the success of the D & T listing as the first collaboration. However, the banquet scene, which should be fun and enjoyable, creates an atmosphere like an ice cube and focuses attention.

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/03/14/2020031400656.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I am delurking cos I love this drama. Found the storyline exciting n their chemistry is good. The age gap din affect me. But sadly why so few discussion about this drama. I keep refreshing but nothing new. Just 1 hr plus more n we can watch ep 8. Any speculations why their team dinner was icy cold? Thought they should have gotten closer.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Kdramafan said:

Any speculations why their team dinner was icy cold? Thought they should have gotten closer.

I think it could be the translations. Lost in Google translations. :D

I think they will act cool in front of the other team members. From the preview, I think Geum Ja will open more and that`s a big step forward. We know that she will be vulnerable because she will meet her abuser/ remember the past events.

I can`t wait to watch it with subtitles tonight.

Welcome to this thread! :)

41 minutes ago, rainy12 said:

I think geum ja's secretary got the lowest bonus by looking at her face 

Too bad. I hope it is more than she was usually being paid at the last work place. She is working hard at Song & Kim like she did at Geum Ja`s Law Firm.

• Like 4