[Drama 2020] Hyena 하이에나

larus

33 minutes ago, rainy12 said:

I'm also wondering what mistakes did hee jae said to his father in eps 5?

He is talking about the moment when Geum Ja used him to get informations. He could not protect those informations and because of that he lost the case.

I don`t know anything about law but what I understand is that Geum Ja could be disbarred but Hee Jae could lose his job at Song & Kim as well. She not only broked his heart but he is feeling down that he was tricked. She is counting on his ego to not say the truth about what she did.

I think Song Pil-Joong knows about Geum Ja and Hee Jae. He needs her so he did not reveal anything but he wants Hee Jae on the firm as well. He knew how to convince Hee Jae to stay.

"You want to beat Jung Geum Ja, don`t you? If you can`t beat her here, how you will beat her outside the firm?"

Lee Kyoung-Young`s role here reminds me of his role in Misty. I like the professional relationship between Mr Song and Hee Jae. I know that he said that he will use Geum Ja and then removed her anytime but I like how he said that he took her under his wings because he was impressed by her. We`ll see how things will turn out to be.

Things Start To Shift For Joo Ji Hoon And Kim Hye Soo As They Spend Time In Close Quarters In “Hyena”

Mar 7, 2020
by J. Lim
02a8e234cd9e4a6c8bc45d366c52835d.jpeg?s=

SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Hyena” has released new stills of Kim Hye Soo and Joo Ji Hoon’s tense partnership that seems to signal a change.

Spoilers

The previous episode followed Jung Geum Ja (Kim Hye Soo) and Yoon Hee Jae (Joo Ji Hoon) as they battled over the public listing of startup company D&T. Though it became apparent that they needed each other to succeed in their tasks, neither was willing to back down and their pride stopped them from reaching out to each other for a truce, eliciting curiosity from viewers on how they will resolve the issues around D&T’s listing.

The new stills give a glimpse into that as Jung Geum Ja and Yoon Hee Jae can be seen sitting in a car together. They had vowed to never work with each other, so it will be interesting to see why they are sitting together in a car in a yet undisclosed location. It appears that they are at a stakeout in the hopes of getting evidence that will seal the deal for D&T. While Jung Geum Ja stares straight ahead with a purpose, Yoon Hee Jae can’t take his eyes off of her.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1387075wpp/things-start-to-shift-for-joo-ji-hoon-and-kim-hye-soo-as-they-spend-time-in-close-quarters-in-hyena

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Also in last week's scene when they had drinks at the bar with Yumi ( or something) and what hurt him the most was not who she pretended to be or what she pretended to like. What he cared for the most was if there were any real feelings on her part. So this to me is a sign that he doesn't care about what her credentials etc are , but it is who she is as person that will matter to him.

Agree 100%. I really liked last week's bar scene too. From the start, this is what I love about HJ's character. He may come across as arrogant in the profession, but many things point to that he has genuine heart and values what's truly important.

3 hours ago, larus said:

I like the scene where Hee Jae came to join some lawyers from the firm but he was a little uncomfortable hearing them talking ill about Geum Ja. And I like how he put Ma Seok Gu on his place too, he rejected the offer to join them. Ma Seok Gu is on Kim Min-Joo`s side and he showed interest in Hee Jae just because Hee Jae`s father position.  I always liked the scene where Hee Jae is making Ma Seok G frustrated.:D

I like this scene too and got the sense that HJ felt uncomfortable when the others were talking down about GJ as well. Ma Seok Gu is such a brown-noser. Although I had no doubt that HJ would reject him, it was satisfying to see him do so. :D I like that HJ doesn't count on his father/family for his own success.

2 hours ago, larus said:

I think Song Pil-Joong knows about Geum Ja and Hee Jae. He needs her so he did not reveal anything but he wants Hee Jae on the firm as well. He knew how to convince Hee Jae to stay.

"You want to beat Jung Geum Ja, don`t you? If you can`t beat her here, how you will beat her outside the firm?"

Lee Kyoung-Young`s role here reminds me of his role in Misty. I like the professional relationship between Mr Song and Hee Jae. I know that he said that he will use Geum Ja and then removed her anytime but I like how he said that he took her under his wings because he was impressed by her. We`ll see how things will turn out to be.

Very interesting thoughts. I had not thought about Song Pil Joong's plan this way. Now some of the things he had said to HJ makes more sense. It could be that Song made it seem like he is simply using GJ to Gong Hyeon Guk so that he stops questioning his reasons for recruiting her and go on a leave. Unlike the others at the firm, it would be nice that he sees her talent and takes her under his wings similar to HJ. I'm curious to see how things will pan out from this aspect as well.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Very interesting thoughts. I had not thought about Song Pil Joong's plan this way. Now some of the things he had said to HJ makes more sense. It could be that Song made it seem like he is simply using GJ to Gong Hyeon Guk so that he stops questioning his reasons for recruiting her and go on a leave. Unlike the others at the firm, it would be nice that he sees her talent and takes her under his wings similar to HJ. I'm curious to see how things will pan out from this aspect as well.

We don`t know what Song Pil Joong is planing to do. We see that not everything is fine at Song & Kim law firm. The other asociate is coming and there will always be a competition between them. He said to Hee Jae`s father that he has to be ready because the curent presidency is over soon and he is getting ready. Getting ready for what? To be a candidate? To support a future candidate? He said to Hee Jae`s father that she brought her to the firm even through it wasn`t the plan. The way he spoke about her made me think that he appreciates her.  I remember when he saw her at Chairman Ha`s brithday party. He saw that Geum Ja was looking at Hee Jae. Maybe that was the moment when he thought to bring her to the firm.

I wonder why Song Pil Joong sent Gong Hyeon-Guk in US and hired Geum Ja instead. Gong accepted but I could see that he was nervous, angry. He did not like it. Later, Kim Min-Joo said that it was a good move. Maybe, Gong was a vulnerability for Song because he has handled so many controversial cases? It was time for a new lawyer to lead the H Team? 

I am curious to see how things will evolve. And to find out why Geum Ja is looking at that building. What does it represent to her?

I just watched episode 6.

I liked to see how both Geum Ja and Hee Jae were working at the same case but in different teams. I think they will have better results working with each other not compeating each other. But they are funny doing that.

I did not expect to find out that Kim Min Joo is Song Pil Joong`s sister in law. It looks like she went against him once and now he knows that her coming back might be problematic.

I really like the scene where Geum Ja and Hee Jae were in the car. It was the first time they had an honest conversation after the break up. He discovered that she still has his favorite music on her CD player from the car and he asked her why she chose to be a lawyer. And she gave him an honest answer. She thought that knowing the law would protect her the most, she won`t be a pushover. It was a nice scene. It was the first time when she open up in front of Hee Jae and told him something about herself.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, larus said:

I really like the scene where Geum Ja and Hee Jae were in the car. It was the first time they had an honest conversation after the break up. He discovered that she still has his favorite music on her CD player from the car and he asked her why she chose to be a lawyer. And she gave him an honest answer. She thought that knowing the law would protect her the most, she won`t be a pushover. It was a nice scene. It was the first time when she open up in front of Hee Jae and told him something about herself.

Oh my...I was smiling ear to ear when HJ discovered that she has Ko’s music playing in her car. :wub:

And finally...it was lovely to see GJ lower her guard a bit and share a little about herself with him. There was also a gentleness about her demeanor that was nice as well. I also liked seeing them starting to agree on facts about the D&T case. HJ was even caught using “we” with her. ;) Looks like they are starting to communicate with each other which is a positive sign and a step in the right direction. I am looking forward to see how they will resolve the case together in the next episode.

I have to say JJH and KHS are doing an excellent job with the portrayal of their characters. I am super impressed with their emoting and facial expressions.

6 hours ago, larus said:

I did not expect to find out that Kim Min Joo is Song Pil Joong`s sister in law. It looks like she went against him once and now he knows that her coming back might be problematic.

Me neither. This will make the power struggle at the firm even more interesting since they're also family. I wonder what happened to his wife and why she is in that state. :( It looks like he takes very good care of her though. How he talks to her and responds on her behalf was sad to see, but touching at the same time. Hope she will recover.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Looks like they are starting to communicate with each other which is a positive sign and a step in the right direction. I am looking forward to see how they will resolve the case together in the next episode.

From the preview It looks like they are going back at the race but they are taking small steps in the right direction. :D

I think Geum Ja will find evidence to clear their client in the end but the preview could be missleading.

Actor Hong Ki Joon’s Agency Confirms His Involvement In Drunk Driving Incident

Mar 8, 2020
by L. Kim
ae389bf7724845b8a9f86f0e6970f323.jpeg?s=

Hong Ki Joon’s agency addressed his involvement in a drunk driving incident.

On March 8, KBS reported that Songpa Police Station dispatched officers at 11:20 a.m. on March 7 after receiving a report that a driver was sleeping with his car parked in the middle of the road near Macheon Crossroad. The police found Hong Ki Joon sleeping in the driver’s seat, and a breathalyzer test showed that his blood alcohol level was high enough to warrant the cancellation of his driver’s license.

Hong Ki Joon told the police that he drank in Jongno, and the police sent him home to call him in later for further investigation.

On March 8, Saram Entertainment confirmed the news was correct, saying, “Currently, actor Hong Ki Joon is deeply reflecting on his actions. He came home early in the morning and is waiting to be investigated. He will faithfully undergo [the upcoming police investigation]. As his agency, we apologize for the trouble he has caused.”

Hong Ki Joon previously acted in SBS’s “Stove League” and is currently starring in SBS’s “Hyena.”

A source from “Hyena” shared, “The producers’ official statement regarding Hong Ki Joon, who was found drunk driving, will be announced some time tomorrow.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387161wpp/actor-hong-ki-joons-agency-confirms-his-involvement-in-drunk-driving-incident

• Like 2

On 3/7/2020 at 3:09 AM, imgreatgal said:

I just don't see how this ship will ever sail or if I even want to see it sail. They are just in a different class.  While there isn't a backstory on her yet, Jhj is from an elite family. 

23 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

LOL. Sparks were definitely flying in the storage room. So much tension as well. 

One of my fave scenes was when the two met up for wine. Based on their conversation, it didn't seem like HJ cared that they come from different worlds or that she isn't well-connected like he is. He didn't mind that she didn't go to a good school and only has her GED. He simply does not like her "trash" methods. 

22 hours ago, triplem said:

Also in last week's scene when they had drinks at the bar with Yumi ( or something) and what hurt him the most was not who she pretended to be or what she pretended to like. What he cared for the most was if there were any real feelings on her part. So this to me is a sign that he doesn't care about what her credentials etc are , but it is who she is as person that will matter to him.

22 hours ago, larus said:

I like Geum Ja because she is not from the elite world. She worked hard to get where she is. When all those stiff lawyers were looking down on her, I was thinking: just wait a little. She will show everyone how wrong you were to underestimate her. 

I like that about him. He really had genuine feelings for her. I totally understand why he talks ill abouit her sometimes but deep down he still cares for her. When he will see her differently? When he will know more about her. Geum Ja was right, when she pointed out that it was the wine he liked. He doesn`t know anything about her. I mean about what does really make her tick. Other people started to dig about informations about her past. I think some of those informations will get to him also.

Here are my two bits:

JGJ is the hero / shero of this drama - others can pretend to be shark or hyena but she is the real thing. HJ is second lead and that's okay because JGJ propels the story forward and their personal history and current childish bickering provide the sparks and sexual tension.

I think more than the class difference, it's the apparent lack of grooming / tough exterior, all-out claws, un-ladylike behavior (!) from JGJ that makes her look out of place. Of course, it looks worse when she's standing next to the cool, polished, debonair HJ. It will look far worse if she was sitting next to the SC judge father of his! But HJ has already seen that she can appear to be whatever she wants / needs to be. Maybe JGJ never felt like a woman / human being till she met HJ?! Who knows? Right now, I cringe to think of their future but HJ is the 'black sheep' of the family so if he likes her the way she is, and she is a very attractive, tough, uncatchable, rowdy woman, that's it.

Do the cases they work on really matter? Or the power politics in the firm? Not to me. JGJ's life story - whatever background and how hard she fought to get here - is intriguing and also what HJ sees in her and their hot-cold, fake-real, work-home relationship. 

Since HJ thinks they 'both' fell in love, it's apparent he just wants to hear her say she likes him too. Two scenes of him working out shirt-free mean he's taking out his frustrations on that rope and floor. He found out she likes classical music (or maybe she found out she liked it only when she fake-dated him). But knowing her will be like an onion peeling operation, tears and fake tears and back stabbing and passionate kisses that lead nowhere. That's the fun part. In this respect, it's a very U.S.-style production.

• Like 6

Hyena: Episodes 5-6 Open Thread

by missvictrix

Hyena3_0.jpg

Is it too early to vote for best drama couple of 2020? Now that our leads are both working at the same law firm — and are forced on the same high profile case — tension (and discomfiture) reaches an all-new high. And it’s fantastic to watch.

EPISODES 5-6 WEECAP

Hyena3_2.jpg

Another week, another two episodes to be impressed with how well-written and conceived this drama is. The characterization continues to be so good, and the drama has really been consistent with its unique balance of sparring and shenanigans, with moments/montages of contemplation and thought that add a really nice depth. I’ve yet to be disappointed by a thing this drama does.

As we saw last week, Geum-ja has finally gotten her foot in the door of the firm (and skyscraper) that she has so long been gawking at — or is that drooling over? And she’s got more than her foot in the door. She’s not only a partner at Song & Kim now, with the salary, gorgeous office, luxury car, and sweet compensation package that that entails, but she’s put on a pretty important case by Attorney Song himself.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/03/hyena-episodes-5-6-open-thread/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, noor1 said:

But knowing her will be like an onion peeling operation, tears and fake tears and back stabbing and passionate kisses that lead nowhere. That's the fun part. 

I don`t disagree with you. They look so different. And it is fun to watch them. It is nothing new in kdramas. Even fairy tales show us this clichee, that opposite attracts, to spice the life.

I don`t know if they match in real life. Opposite attracts? Probably not. Probably attracts more of those who are complementary.  We know that people are pulled to those who they share similarities. Maybe in real life Hee Jae is more compatible with his colleague who likes him, Boo Hyeon A.

I like to see two people who don`t have the same character but they have the best understanding of each other, the best understanding of their differences. Probably they won`t end together but I do believe that they could make a best partnership at Song & Kim. They can challenge each other, they could influence each other for the better.

Hee Jae felt in love with a different person. She addapted to meet his style but even after she revealed her "true" personality, he is still interested in her. It must be something that made him so comfortable to be with her. And we don`t know if she faked everything in that relationship. I always have the impression that obnoxious personality she shows sometime it is a way to survive in the world. Like she created that personality. When she danced/sang in that that Karaoke club she put a masked. It was not that she enjoyed doing it. She put herself to do it.   She is gutsy, obnoxious, unchachable, tough but we did not see the other side of her. And we know that she is hiding those feelings (her vulnerabilities).

I am sure that fake relationship was her best in her life. We did not see how she managed to move on from that. Maybe she really enjoyed her time with Hee Jae also and it was hard for her to reveal that it was a scam. I want to know more about both Geum Ja and Hee Jae.

Why he is the "black sheep" in the family? He is ambitious too. I said it before that I like the relationship between Hee Jae and Song Pil Joong. I thought one time that he was his father. :D When Hee Jae told him that he will be the next Repesentative lawyer, Song Pil Joong smiled. Maybe he doesn`t have children and he chose Hee Jae to be his "heir" . Speaking of Song Pil Joong, I like how he managed Ma Seok-Gu, when he found out that he was working against him. He was angry at him but he gave him a second chance. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I still haven't the chance to watch the latest ep yet but it looks like they ended ep 6 with the closet scene right after HJ said "two people in love" complete with jelly eyes from both sides.  That is too cruel of a cliff hanger for my bleeding heart.

People fall in love in different ways.  GJ played with fire and got burn.  She dated him to get data but she fell in love with him in the process.  They're attracted to each other and sometimes that's all people need.  GJ put her guard up for so long that she never had the chance to be close to any man.  She dated him partially because she finds him attractive.  She studied thorough about him partially because she genuinely likes him.  After spending time together, they've developed bond and intimacy and emotions.  Regardless of what GJ's original intention was, she's only human.  She fell for him.

And while he felt suckered by her afterward, his feelings for her remain.  His attraction toward her and their tender moments together got imprinted too deep.  The hopeless romantic in him loves her regardless of who she is.  He only hopes she also feels the same.  The way they feel and act around each other currently looks like more of a couple fight than two strangers that have no feelings for each other.  Yes, they're two people in love and flirting in their prestigious law firm.  And GJ should stop being in denial about it.  The truth will set her free.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Shinobu said:

Yes, they're two people in love and flirting in their prestigious law firm.  And GJ should stop being in denial about it.  The truth will set her free.

I laughed when Boo Hyeon-A asked suspiciously Hee Jae why he hates her so much. It is a matter of time when they will realise they were lovers. Even  Sim Yoo-Mi knows now that she was tricked by Geum Ja because a drunk Ki-Hyeok told her the true story...  :D

Another funny scene.

Kim Chang-Wook and the other young lawyer from Geum Ja`s team were worried that their client might be guilty and they were shocked when Lee Ji-Eun said to them how Geum Ja might resolve the situation. She was laughing and they were not sure if she was saying the truth or she was kidding.

Her solutions? Outrageous and illegal. But looking at their faces when they heard that was funny. :D

Spoiler

c562df80f43341fae595d9e5f5eb4609376087a2

bc7a59390935bcde9bf202f83f2e427fa417d577

6e2eef2b85b6943296320bd4d3ec1d2a0262cc39

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, larus said:

I laughed when Boo Hyeon-A asked suspiciously Hee Jae why he hates her so much. It is a matter of time when they will realise they were lovers. Even  Sim Yoo-Mi knows now that she was tricked by Geum Ja because a drunk Ki-Hyeok told her the true story...  :D

It was another funny scene.

Kim Chang-Wook and the other young lawyer from Geum Ja`s team were worried that their client might be guilty and they were shocked when Lee Ji-Eun said to them how Geum Ja might resolve the situation. She was laughing and they were not sure if she was saying the truth or she was kidding.

Her solutions? Outrageous and illegal.

Hide contents

Their body language is kind of obvious.  It doesn't take much to see.  They're quite honest individuals.  ;)

I can't wait to see sparks fly and the funnies between different methods.  But I have no access until a few days later.  Maybe I should wait until the next batch to save me from the closet cliff hanging.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Shinobu said:

Their body language is kind of obvious.  It doesn't take much to see.  They're quite honest individuals.  

Yes, they are kind of obvious. :lol:

And Geum Ja likes to tease him as well. When they both came, individually, to see the new client, Geum Ja asked the secretary for a coffee for Hee Jae because he is kind of addict for coffee. After they "fought" like kids for a seat on the same couch, she told him: "I guess we clicked. She asked if I came with you". :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I just got into this drama, and like that things are picking up around ep 5 and 6. I agree with you all, that this romance is about two people who instinctively understand each other, and they have the same obsession with the truth. Although HJ is starting to suspect that GJ isn't as cold as she appeared to be, and that there are deeper reasons why she needs to be a lawyer other than money. That he wouldn't let the past go and continues to question her motives makes it clear.

• Like 5

Man I love this drama!!!

First things first, does anyone know where I can get GeumJa's ringtone? the tune in this video..

Spoiler

Second... I love "not afraid to tumble in the mud" GeumJa, and I love Kim Hye Soo as "not afraid to tumble in the mud", rough and unpolished GeumJa even more. An A-list actress morphing into this legal sewer rat is peak TV viewing!! I'm literally obsessed with the show.... I'm all over Instagram liking every picture and video about the two!!

Third... their chemistry is too much, and dare I compare, even hotter than CLOY (which I think suffered from poor editing of romance scenes... really wasted two hot stars). I'm hoping they get together in the end, maybe running Song and Kim as the top partners while still squabbling like cats.

Being the unrepentant romantic that I am, I am especially invested in the progression of their romance. I love how open Hee Jae is about being in love with Geum Ja, and I cannot wait for Geum Ja's confession!! I love the payoff when a character who has a hard time with love finally decides to give in to the love they have received. So satisfying!! In the meantime, I'll happily wait as they dance around each other in supply storage closets and behind closed doors...

The tears in his eyes while they bickered in the closet..... I'm in love!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 5

On 3/8/2020 at 4:17 PM, noor1 said:

Since HJ thinks they 'both' fell in love, it's apparent he just wants to hear her say she likes him too. Two scenes of him working out shirt-free mean he's taking out his frustrations on that rope and floor. He found out she likes classical music (or maybe she found out she liked it only when she fake-dated him). But knowing her will be like an onion peeling operation, tears and fake tears and back stabbing and passionate kisses that lead nowhere. That's the fun part. In this respect, it's a very U.S.-style production.

Enjoyed reading your post...I do think that him not being able to let go - which  he does seem to bring  up a lot :lol:-   is a mixture of a dented pride and the hurt that comes from having your heart stomped on. I do feel very much for Attorney Yoon  . While I had been speculating that she had some feelings developed while they were fake dating, it was likely out of my personal wish that it was the case.  Nevertheless, the fact that she had that CD on gives him ( and me )  some hope that there was something about him that she found attractive too ( and hell yeah ...JJH is oozing with charisma and with or without his suit on  :P) She did go in with a  mission to ensure that he fell for "his dream woman" - tailored to his tastes and preferences. But now as they work together , it would be interesting to see if he would fall for the real Geum Ja. 

--------------------

Truth be told I am not a fan of noona romances (and I know this drama isn't presented as one that would focus on that) . I was concerned about the large age gap between the leads but 6 episodes in , they could not have chosen a better pair - definitely crackling chemistry there @africandramalover...so good that I seriously feel all the tension each time they share a scene. This isn't a drama for those looking for the usual romance or young love. All that in your face bickering, lack of personal space as they spar with each other ...really hot stuff...:mrgreen:

-----------------------

Now , there's definitely a war brewing in Song and Kim. Ma is clearly unhappy with Song's veto power and obvious favoritism where Hee Jae is concerned. That  scene of Song putting him in his place was a blow to his pride and the last straw . He is going to try and use Kim ( Song's sis in law) to remove Song from the being President of the firm.  I think that the lawyers will be split or divided in who they support ..HJ would of course be on Song's side...but GJ is a wild card even if she was recruited by Song. 

9 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

seriously not the typical young idol kind of kdramas 

I giggle everytime they tease each other with words or touching each other as a sign of bickering (like two teens who like each other but who doesn`t want to recognize it). :lol:

It looks like Ameera abannoned us. I miss her hilarious gifs.

4 hours ago, africandramalover said:

First things first, does anyone know where I can get GeumJa's ringtone? the tune in this video..

I like the ringtone the moment I heard it. Maybe it will be available someday.  It matches Geum Ja very much. And I like how she is keeping her phone like a fashion accessory.

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

Now , there's definitely a war brewing in Song and Kim. Ma is clearly unhappy with Song's veto power and obvious favoritism where Hee Jae is concerned. That  scene of Song putting him in his place was a blow to his pride and the last straw . He is going to try and use Kim ( Song's sis in law) to remove Song from the being President of the firm.  I think that the lawyers will be split or divided in who they support ..HJ would of course be on Song's side...but GJ is a wild card even if she was recruited by Song. 

There will be a power struggle at another leavel (not like Geum Ja and Hee Jae, leading the Son Jin su`s case. )

It looks like Kim Min Joo was against Song Pil Joong in the past. Now she has more lawyers at her side. So far, Song Pil Joong keep them at their place but who knows what happen after his sister in law will come back. It is very important that his people, like Hee Jae and Geum Ja to win their cases. Yes, Hee Jae will be on Song Pil Joong`s side. So far, Geum Ja is on his side also. Other lawyers are against her so it is natural that she is on Song`s side/ It will be interesting to see how Kim Min Joo will do regarding Geum Ja. If she will try to get her on her side. Yes, Geum Ja is the wild card. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, triplem said:

Nevertheless, the fact that she had that CD on gives him ( and me )  some hope that there was something about him that she found attractive too ( and hell yeah ...JJH is oozing with charisma and with or without his suit on  :P)

I am still giddy about the CD part. I loved the way HJ looked at her afterwards. The satisfaction he had on his face was priceless. And how she was embarrassed was hilarious and cute. After how much she has humiliated him, he deserved at least this bit from her. I was happy that he was able to smile about it.

Haha. I have to admit...JJH looks extremely dashing in his suits. It was a pleasant surprise that episode 6 gave us another workout scene. :D

@triplem @larus I am looking forward to the war/power struggle. It will be interesting to see the alliances play out. I could see GJ as a wildcard as well. I got the sense that Song‘s wife was the voice of reason between her husband and sister. I wonder if she will eventually wake up and have any part in calming the tension between the two. Just a random thought…

• Like 6

An official of drama 'Hyena' said that the actor Hong Joon-ju, who caused the scandal after drunk driving, was edited and deleted as much as possible.
01.21988519.1.jpg

According to the production company, 'Hyena' was pre-made  and export. It is about to finish shooting on the 18th. The production company said, "The shooting of Hong Joon- ju is finished and there are many  reasons, such as the fact that some part of the distribution has already been delivered in the distribution contract with overseas OTT platform."

The producer said, "We will do our best to minimize the scene where the actor appears in a line that does not interfere with the flow of the audience so that viewers do not feel uncomfortable. We will reward viewers with good works in the future.

https://news.joins.com/article/23725778

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, triplem said:

Truth be told I am not a fan of noona romances (and I know this drama isn't presented as one that would focus on that) . I was concerned about the large age gap between the leads but 6 episodes in , they could not have chosen a better pair - definitely crackling chemistry there @africandramalover...so good that I seriously feel all the tension each time they share a scene. This isn't a drama for those looking for the usual romance or young love. All that in your face bickering, lack of personal space as they spar with each other ...really hot stuff...:mrgreen:

Noona romances are the hill I choose to die on!!:D I am yet to see a noona romance I didn't love. The drama is not marketed as a romance so I didn't expect any, only lawyer shenanigans. Then I saw the little nose peck in the teasers and wondered if I should get my hopes up... then the posters were released, along with BTS videos of the "Making Of" the teasers and posters....OMO!!! My heart beat accelerated! I am beyond pleased that their chemistry is at vulcanising temperature! I didn't even notice she was older until I saw comments on other forums, only to realise that she's 50! Who cares, when she can do squats and jump on tables like that!!:w00t:

Spoiler

cr. Tumblr

7631e78ad4adb213a54d3b3cdf619fd334869ec2

f6544275b53c4431b14817a777cca0c6d2f1a29d

89f9431d0b728afa9e8b02dadbc93210f42ad876

I think that Geum Ja also developed some feelings for Hee Jae... It can only be written as such so that it is easier for them to fall in love as her walls come down. It doesn't make sense from a story-writing POV to have her restart the process of falling for Hee Jae from the beginning. I think she'll realise, or has begun to realise that he is the real deal and will warm up to his honesty while pretending to fight him. Who knows, she may be the one who ends up pining for him and going back to apologize and confess when realises she has hurt him with her rejection and he is done! Flip the script. (The romantic in me has already written their wedding scene that will wrap up the drama).

I want to know more about Hee Jae's background. Is there some emotional issue to deal with? is he just a chaebol who needs to prove himself? So far his family doesn't look too bad... His father is not the stereotypical hard and cold KDrama dad, and his brother is so righteous! What emotional ground does he have to cover except for healing from GeumJa's burn? I also wonder if GeumJa's past is tied to Song and Kim... In true drama fashion.

Would SHK have done justice to the role? Off the top of my head, No, but I think if she had immersed herself in the character, she would have pulled it off and it would have been a career defining character for her. Well.... we'll never know now, will we!

• Like 4
  • Love 2