[Movie 2022] Emergency Declaration, 비상선언 - Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun, Jeon Do Yeon

rubie

October 19, 2020

FINALLY WE HAVE SOMETHING!!

Actor Kim Nam gil was spotted somwhere

at the filming location of Emergency Declaration wearing his co-pilot uniform. 

He's looking fantastic!!:wub:

IMG-20201019-101247.jpg

IMG-20201019-101244.jpg

Picture credit to @nowmynowmyroad313 on Twitter. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

October 21, 2020 

Actor Im Si-wan posted on his Instagram a picture of cake with the caption, "Last filming day of Emergency Declaration feat. What Actress Kim Bo-min had prepared." 

yim-siwang-20201103-2.jpg

So looked for child actress Kim Bo-min. It seems she is the one playing LBH's daughter in the movie. She's worked in movie "Birthday", "Miss Baek" as young version of HJM, Drama "Chocolate", "King: The Eternal Monarch" etc. Also, she is a younger sister of child actress Kim Si-ah who was previously seen in Miss Baek and Ashfall. 

Kim-Bo-Min-2010-p1.jpg

• Like 3

• rubie changed the title to [Upcoming Movie 2021] Emergency Declaration, 비상선언 - Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun, Jeon Do Yeon

November 3, 2020 

IMG-20201102-211546.jpg

The movie "Emergency Declaration" (director Han Jae-rim) has been cranked up.

On the 3rd, the distributor Showbox announced, "The movie 'Emergency Declaration' was cranked up on the 24th of last month with the appearance of famous actors such as Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Nam-gil, Im Si-wan, Kim So-jin and Park Hae-joon."

"Emergency declaration" depicts an emergency situation in which an aircraft is no longer able to operate normally at the discretion of the captain when it faces a disaster situation, declaring an unconditional landing. The movie depicts what happens over an airplane that has declared an unconditional landing in the face of an unprecedented disaster.

It was directed by Han Jae-rim, who directed "Rules of Dating" (2005) "The Show Must Go on" (2007) "The Face Reader" (2013) and "The King" (2017).

Director Han said, "It is entirely thanks to the actors' concentration and professionalism shown by the best staff that we were able to finish without any problems under premeditated conditions, including the budget and the 86th actual filming period, even though it was a big project in a difficult situation around the world."

The actors who finished filming "Emergency Declaration" also expressed their feelings.

Song Kang-ho, who turned into a detective who follows the unprecedented air disaster, said, "I am grateful that everyone can safely finish filming in a difficult environment," adding, "I felt the importance of the world, neighbors, and family that we live in through this work and had a touching time." We will do our best until the end so that we can convey this overwhelming feeling to the audience as well."

Lee Byung-hun plays the role of a passenger who has airplane phobia but is on board for his daughter. "It was my first time working with director Han Jae-rim, and he helped me a lot in a positive way to find the emotional lines I wanted," he said. "I'm looking forward to seeing all the actors' good acting and emotions that I've shown in the director's detailed directing skills that I don't give up on until the end."

Jeon Do-yeon, who played the role of a minister facing an emergency, said, "I am very grateful to be able to finish filming safely despite various difficult situations."

Kim Nam-gil, who plays the role of the vice captain, said, "I thank the staff for their hard work to finish the filming safely," adding, "All the actors and staff did their best to care for each other, cooperate with each other, and do their best more than ever." It will be a good piece of work that delivers a meaningful message to everyone.

"I was honored to be cast in the film with my respected seniors and the director," said Lim Si-wan, who played a passenger on the plane alone. "I couldn't hide my curiosity and excitement for every moment of the process from the beginning to the end of the filming. I think this movie will remain a valuable film for me for the rest of my life.

Kim So-jin, who played the flight attendant who faced an emergency, said, "I sincerely thank our staff for their long and sincere efforts to the end, and all the actors who have been with us. "I want to say that you've worked really hard," she said. "I hope you're all healthy."

Park Hae-joon plays the role of the head of the presidential crisis management center in "Emergency Declaration." He said, "It was an honor to be able to work with good senior actors and great staff, and I hope it will be a work that will give the audience inspiration and comfort as it is a difficult time, but as we did our best to shoot it."

The movie "Emergency Declaration," which is finished filming, meets the audience after the second half.

Source: Naver 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

January 11, 2021

According to an interview with director Han Jae-rim in the new issue of Cine21, released today. 

1. The edited version was completed at the end of last year

2. The filming is 100% Handheld

3. Comic, Sinpa element (catering to certain audiences?) 

4. The destination of the plane in the movie is Hawaii.

Source: Extmcommunity 

The way our pdnim has been keeping so hush hush about this movie that we know nothing more, not even the name of their characters.:headbang:

• Like 4

January 21, 2021

Director Han Jae-rim of 'Emergency Declaration' - Shows the true heart of human beings in disaster situations

F428-A211-0-A99-4570-A17-E-F3-E5-C98-E95

Director Han Jae-rim's new film "Emergency Declaration" was made in almost the opposite way from his previous film "The King" (2016). If "The King" was a political satirical drama about a character's life from ordinary humans to power, "The Emergency Declaration" is a movie that encourages passengers to experience the emotions of facing a disaster as similar as possible. The casting of top actors such as actors Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, and Jeon Do-yeon is a positive factor in increasing the audience's immersion in the movie. Director Han Jae-rim, who we met at the Woo Joo Film office, said, "The day before yesterday (December 28, 2020) I finished all the compilation by 4 a.m. "It seems to have been arranged as intended in the first place," he said, expressing satisfaction.

Q: "The King" filmed in many spaces, while "Emergency Declaration" limited space to airplanes and ground. It must feel like you're experiencing extremes. Which one suits you better.

A: Production operations were much more comfortable with the Emergency Declaration. I went to at least 2-3 spaces a day during The King. It was so hard for the staff to unpack, film, organize, and move the equipment several times. "Emergency Declaration" is 60% to 70% on set, and there aren't that many locations. However, in terms of direction, both have pros and cons. If there is a lot of space and the audience can appeal without being bored, the Emergency Declaration should draw the space more densely. 

Q: That's why the airplane set must have been really important. I think it's from overseas.

A: We had to bring in a long-range plane that could reach Hawaii. Airbus moves its steering wheel with a stick, so it is not visually dramatic. So the plane in the movie had to be a Boeing 777. I found a Hollywood team that can make this kind of work easier. After the plane is brought from Las Vegas, it was airlifted, cut, packaged, and sent. Interior design such as chair seats and floors has been changed to suit our movie concept. Originally, the chair was blue, but it’s now expressed artfully with warm feeling so that the audience could be more assimilated to the passengers. The lighting was designed realistically so that you can feel how you feel when you're on an airplane. In the movie, the actual passenger should be carried and the plane should be equipped with a gimbal.(A gimbal is a pivoted support that allows the rotation of an object about a single axis.) It's not something that have been done so much in Hollywood either. In the scene of the plane fluctuating, the camera was turned 360 degrees, about 100 times. Korea's top special effects team and martial arts team have gathered to implement the scene so that as many as 70 actors and staff can shoot safely. No one was hurt at the scene.

Q: 100% hand-held. It's been a long time since your first works such as "Rules of Dating" and "The Show Must Go On."

A: Director Lee Mo-gae and Park Jong-chul tied their bodies to the plane meticulously and fixed them, and held the camera and caught the passenger's expression as the plane turned. Handheld seems to cause too much pain for the director. Whenever I went for a take, I felt sorry. When the expression changes momentarily, you have to rely on the sense of changing the camera little by little, but it is physically very difficult. The method was chosen because it wanted the audience to see it with tension from the beginning to the end and to make the audience experience it real. Therefore, there is no formula of disaster movies such as laughing and tear jerker moment in this movie. There are no ad-libs from the actors.

Q: Actor Song Kang-ho played a contemporary detective character in a very long time. He ran on his feet during "Memories of Murder," but I wonder what the detective that Song Kang-ho plays now will look like. If Song Kang-ho is on the ground, there is Lee Byung-hun on the plane. He plays a passenger on a plane to Hawaii for his daughter, although he has an aero plane phobia. 

A: Unlike in the past, when he was a detective who was passionately investigating through the crowd, he is now too powerful to enter the crowded scene.(Laughs) I told my sunbaenim that his character reads newspapers with reading glasses because he is old-fashioned, and that he is not good at English, and he is not good at dealing with cell phones. But what's important about this character is his ‘romanticism.’ Perhaps he is the most romantic person in the Emergency Declaration. When I was writing the scenario, I thought about this character and told him that I listened to Elvis Presley's "Love Me Tender." He said it was unexpected and was surprised. (Laughing) In the end, this character can't get on the plane and remains on the ground. He faces a situation where he tries to solve the case but he can't. Byung-hun sunbaenim’s character has a lot of fears, he’s a scaredy-cat and also in a way appears to be an innocent and naive father. I think you’ll be drawn to fun, serious, and sincere appearance portrayed by Byung hun sunbaenim. 

Q: "Villain" is often featured in disaster movies, and how about "Emergency Declaration"?

A: It doesn't seem to be a movie about a Las Vegas shooting attack where a well-off person in a wealthy family suddenly goes on a shooting spree. We have since focused on people who have lived with trauma for the rest of their lives. In the Emergency Declaration, it is not significant to explain why a wicked man became such a character. The movie shows enough of this. If there is a villain here, it would be a disaster situation itself.

5-FE492-FB-3-B98-4-EB9-AC8-C-D3-CA4-F286

Q: Actor Jeon Do-yeon, who plays the minister, is expected to play a role that shows the good function of the system, not the government's criticism.

A: I didn't think it would be very helpful for the film to portray a conventional and unbiased system. They focused more on what would happen if they did their best in their respective positions. The person who symbolizes it will be Jeon Do-yeon. In the face of disaster, humans are weak and selfish and restless. Nevertheless, there is something you can do because you are human. We're not the only ones who give immediate reactions. There will be realistic depictions that are faithful to their roles and can create conflicts, and conflicting opinions. Fantasy will not be satisfied because there is no cinematic hero, but it will convey a realistic feeling.

Q: After Ferry Sewol incident and COVID-19, disaster movies cannot be separated from the reality of Korean society.

A: That's why I made a disaster movie. There have been considerable disasters not only in Korea but also around the world. So far, the film has focused on the process of going through disasters and overcoming them. The Emergency Declaration wanted to escape from the trauma through the appearance of countless people moving with all their heart and saving people in the event of a disaster.

Q: It is expected how Korean society will be viewed surrounding the disaster. It is inevitable that human beings' differences in values that make different choices for community survival will be portrayed.

A: It has to be drawn in an extreme way. There is also a confrontation in the eyes of people looking at the plane. The plane is in an absolute crisis, but it can be someone else's business outside. In that sense, I ask the audience. How will you accept this situation and what kind of choice will you make? 

Synopsis:

“Emergency Declaration" means an emergency that declares an unconditional landing at the captain's judgment when the aircraft faces a disaster situation. The plane of the Emergency Declaration, which was heading to Hawaii, also faces an unprecedented situation and declares an unconditional landing before reaching its destination.

Key Point 

"Each and everyone has their own character and does something one by one, and it's fully visible." The lineup of actors that resembled the Avengers series has been a hot topic since the casting stage. In particular, Director Han Jae-rim said, "The good actors have gathered and acted very well. They're always good, but they really really did better. I feel very good because it's shown well in the movie.” All the other passengers on the flight were selected through auditions to improve the perfection of their performance. "The set was also a set itself, but what we should pay attention to in the airplane scene is the feast of the actors' outstanding performances. What I really want to show off is this part."

Source: Cine21

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20210603009700315
'Emergency Declaration,' 'In Front of Your Face' invited to Cannes' non-competition

SEOUL, June 3 (Yonhap) -- South Korean films "Emergency Declaration," directed by Han Jae-rim, and "In Front of Your Face" by Hong Sang-soo were invited to this year's Cannes Film Festival.

In the official selection for the 74th Cannes Film Festival announced on Thursday, "Emergency Declaration" was listed in the Out of Competition category along with five other films, including "The Velvet Underground" by Todd Haynes, "Stillwater" by Tom McCarthy and "De Son Vivant" by Emmanuelle Bercot.

Celebrated South Korean auteur Hong Sang-soo's "In Front of Your Face" was named in the Cannes Premieres section.

The announcement marked the first time in five years in which a Korean film failed to make an entry to Cannes' main competition, excluding last year when the festival was canceled.

Since Park Chan-wook's "The Handmaiden" in 2016, Bong Joon-ho's "Okja" (2017), Hong's "The Day After" (2017), Lee Chang-dong's "Burning" and Bong's "Parasite" (2019) were selected to compete for the Palme d'Or at Cannes. "Parasite" won the top prize at that year.

The Cannes festival, one of the most prestigious film fests in the world, will take place on July 6-17, with American filmmaker Spike Lee named jury president.

This year, 24 films including the opener "Annette" by Leos Carax, "Red Rocket" by Sean Baker, "The French Dispatch" by Wes Anderson and "Drive My Car" by Ryusuke Hamaguchi, will contend for Palme d'Or.

While its 2020 edition was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Cannes' organizers announced the list of its selections of 56 movies without prize winners. Two Korean movies -- Yeon Sang-ho's "Peninsula" and Im Sang-soo's "Heaven: To The Land of Happiness" -- were included.

3DDF39A8-AA40-4B01-934B-145C60F8DBE4.jpg
A poster of "Emergency Declaration," provided by Showbox (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

brk@yna.co.kr
(END)

https://zapzee.net/2021/06/04/emergency-declaration-and-in-front-of-your-face-invited-to-cannes-non-competition/
‘Emergency Declaration’ and ‘In Front of Your Face’ Invited to Cannes Non-Competition

by krishkim

4534B2E5-0DA8-4AD0-BA3F-10448339D379.jpg

Two Korean films were officially invited to this year’s Cannes Film Festival – Han Jae Rim’s Emergency Declaration and Hong Sang Soo’s In Front of Your Face.

In the official selection of the 74th Cannes Film Festival announced Thursday, Director Han’s new film Emergency Declaration was listed in the Out of Competition category. Emergency Declaration begins when an in-air flight gets caught up in an unprecedented natural disaster.

Thierry Fremaux, the director of the Cannes committee, shared, “I think Korean films are largely divided into writer-oriented films, historical works, and works that specify a specific genre. And Emergency Declaration is a work that specifies a specific genre. It’s a perfect genre film.”

Han expressed joy over the news, saying, “I hope my desire to provide hope and comfort through Emergency Declaration will be conveyed to everyone at a time when the entire world is experiencing difficulties due to the pandemic.”

F2C4C3C6-5B3A-4620-9E05-72DB9F18845C.jpg
Credit: Cannes Official Website

Director Hong Sang Soo’s In Front of Your Face was also named in the Cannes Premieres section, a new section that joined this year’s lineup. It’s designed to give returning Cannes auteurs a safe place to screen new work outside of the competition in the prestigious Debussy theater.

Fremaux shared, “I think he is a minimalist who makes personal films, and he is a director who inspires other film directors.” In Front of Your Face is Hong’s 11th film that was invited to Cannes. This makes Hong the Korean film director with the most Cannes invitations.

The Cannes Film Festival, normally held in May, has been postponed to July this year due to the COVID-19. It will be held from July 6th to July 17th.

Source: Showbox, Jeonwonsa Film
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

• Like 5

June 3, 2021

Emergency Declaration” Invitation to Cannes Film Festival...But there's no summer release.

9-A31-CC9-A-42-DC-454-C-83-E4-D954719-B3

Director Han Jae-rim's "Emergency Declaration" has been invited to the 74th Cannes International Film Festival, but it is not expected to be seen in Korean theaters this summer.

On the 3rd, the organizing committee of the Cannes International Film Festival announced the official invitation to the 74th Film Festival. According to the report, the "Declaration of Emergency" was invited to the non-competition section, the official category of the festival. It is a section where "The Wailing" and "The Good, The Bad, and The Weird" were invited.

"Emergency Declaration" is an aviation disaster film that takes place over a plane that declared unconditional landing in the face of unprecedented disaster. "The King" director Han Jae-rim took the megaphone, Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Nam-gil, Kim Si-wan, and Park Hae-joon. The production team, including director Han Jae-rim, finished filming in October last year and is working on the second half of the film to examine the timing of its release. The Cannes International Film Festival usually held in May, but this year it will open on July 6 and close on July 17. Last year, the event was not held at all due to the aftermath of Covid-19, and only official invitations were announced.

Therefore, if this year's Cannes International Film Festival is held as scheduled, the "Emergency Declaration" will meet with local audiences ahead of Korean audiences. However, it is expected to take more time to see the "Emergency Declaration" in Korean theaters.

Korean films that have been invited to the Cannes International Film Festival have been released in May or July to utilize Cannes marketing. Things are different this year. The "Emergency Declaration" was originally produced with the release in mind this summer, but it gave up this summer due to the Covid-19 situation. It is rumored that Showbox and other “Emergency Declaration" officials agreed that the masterpiece, which cost 25 billion won, could not be released despite the Covid-19 aftermath. Usually, 10 million submission movies were released in theaters in summer, but none of the Korean films released last summer exceeded 5 million.

Although the "Emergency Declaration" was invited to the Cannes International Film Festival, officials say the policy remains unchanged. The Korean release of "Emergency Declaration" is planned for this winter. In November, the Marvel movie "Eternals," in which Ma Dong-seok participated, will be released to revitalize Korean theaters, and the number of vaccinations is increasing, which is expected to change the quarantine policy. Of course, if the spread of Covid-19 occurs due to seasonal causes like last December, it may become unclear whether it will be released in winter.

Expectations and regrets intersect when the "Emergency Declaration" will be seen in Korean theaters.

Source: Naver

• Like 3

https://www.breaknews.com/sub_read.html?uid=811334
Song Kang-ho.Lee Byung-hun.Jeon Do-yeon.Kim Nam-gil 'Emergency Declaration', officially invited to the non-competition section of Cannes Film Festival

2021/06/04

E42EB7F6-7F05-43C0-8BC5-F7D47C3FF8D0.jpg
▲ Song Kang-ho.Lee Byung-hun.Jeon Do-yeon.Kim Nam-gil 'Emergency Declaration', officially invited to the non-competition section of Cannes Film Festival <PhotoSource=Showbox> © BreakNews

Movie <Emergency Declaration> was officially invited to the Out of Competition section of the 74th Cannes Film Festival. [Provided/distributed by: Showbox | Produced by: MAGNUM 9 | Co-production: C-JeS Entertainment, Cineju (U) | Director: Han Jae-rim | Cast: Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Nam-gil, Im Si-wan, Kim So-jin, Park Hae-joon]

<Emergency Declaration> is a reality aviation disaster film that takes place in the face of an unprecedented disaster situation and takes place about an airplane that declares an unconditional landing.

On the 3rd, the Cannes Film Festival Secretariat held an official press conference and introduced the official invitations of the festival to be held this year. <Emergency Declaration> is invited to the non-competition section, the main official section of the film festival, and makes its debut in the world film industry. The non-competitive section is one of the representative sections of the Cannes Film Festival, which carefully selects and invites works with both artistic and commercial qualities.

Thierry Fremo, executive director of the Cannes Film Festival on this day, said, “I think Korean films are largely divided into writeristic films, historical films, and films with outstanding genre characteristics. It can be said that it is a perfect genre film,” said the reason for the invitation.

In addition to the fact that it is the first aviation disaster film in Korea to deliver an overwhelming sense of immersion, <Emergency Declaration>, which has been attracting attention for its meeting of prominent actors such as Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Nam-gil, Im Si-wan, Kim So-jin, and Park Hae-jun, is once again a hit in the film industry - with news of Cannes Film Festival invitation, expectations were raised to a high level.

Above all, it is a pleasure to know that the representative actors of Korea, who have had a deep relationship with Cannes Film Festival, were once again honored with Cannes invitation through <Emergency Declaration>.

Song Kang-ho, who won Palme d'Or at Cannes for Parasite (2019), and Jeon Do-yeon, the first Korean actor to win Best Actress Award at Cannes for <Miryang / Secret Sunshine> (2007), as well as Lee Byung-hun, Kim Nam-gil, and Im Si-wan walked the red carpet. Attention is focused on what kind of new image they will show to the world audience through <Emergency Declaration>.

<Emergency Declaration> is a new work by director Han Jae-rim, who has won box office success with high-quality films such as <The Purpose of Love / Rules of Dating> (2005) and <Elegant World / The Show Must Go on> (2007), which attracted audiences by drawing great sympathy with realistic description; <Contemplation / Face Reader> (2013), which was loved by 9.13 million viewers, <The King> (2017), which attracted audiences with stylish directing and solid storyline.

Director Han Jae-rim said in the news of the invitation, "I hope that the feeling of giving hope and comfort through the movie <Emergency Declaration> will be conveyed to everyone at a time when the world is experiencing difficulties due to Corona."

On the other hand, 'emergency declaration' refers to an emergency in which, when an aircraft is faced with a disaster situation, normal operation is no longer possible according to the judgment of the captain and an unconditional landing is declared. It will be shown for the first time in the world at Cannes Film Festival, which opens on Sunday.

dj3290@naver.com

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

June 23, 2021 

img.gif

My heart skipped a beat when I first saw this gif and I knew I had to share this here. This dream casts looks better and better everytime I see them together. It sure is not everyday when we get an ensemble cast as talented as this one. Desperately waiting for the trailer to drop because it's almost July!:poledance:

Thanks to @sikiwani on Twitter. ♥️

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I was looking for this thread. Hahaha. Oh cool, she has the same bday as me!!! This make me like her even more on thi blog of nextgenapk. Even though I only saw her in a few eps of OTR becuz i'm so fall behind

Edited by joirse3

Song Kang-ho 송강호
303DC29C-14CD-4696-B037-EDDC388D8EE6.jpg

Lee Byung-hun 이병헌
2966EB85-8970-47CC-9059-5160D56C1891.jpg

Spoiler

Jeon Do-yeon 전도연

3A390A93-345B-4A27-A28D-87622E5C54BA.jpg

Kim Nam-gil 김남길

7F958658-DFF7-4F01-84BE-149F475BFE91.jpg

Im Si-wan 임시완
25D74A3B-D4C8-4FF9-9CEE-9226EB929456.jpg

Kim So-jin 김소진
1DDDD1D7-E57E-46AE-AC25-B39D9E60573E.jpg

Park Hae-joon 박해준 
E62A439A-BA50-4C5F-87B4-71DE38DCFB57.jpg

cr: https://extmovie.com/movietalk/66411148

https://variety.com/2021/film/asia/showbox-cannes-korea-acting-talent-1235005034/
Showbox Cannes Slate Brims With Korea’s Top Acting Talent

By Patrick Frater | June 24, 2021

6DD03723-F6BF-46FF-B829-1814F2715533.jpg
CAITLIN CRONENBERG

“Parasite” star Song Kang-ho, who will be part of the main competition jury at Cannes Film Festival this year, will do double duty as the representative of Emergency Declaration, the Korean action drama film which plays out of competition. Song is joined in the cast of the film by two of Korea’s best actors Lee Byung-hun (“G.I.Joe,” “Ashfall”) and Jeon Do-yeon, who previously won the acting palme at Cannes for her role in “Secret Sunshine.”

The film involves a terror plot on board a plane from Seoul to Hawaii, but where the supposed terrorist is himself on board, puzzling a veteran detective who is investigating. When a man dies on board shortly after take off, the transport ministry tries to find a way to land the plane.

The film, directed by Han Jae-rim (“The King,” “The Face Reader”), heads the Cannes Market slate of producer-distributor Showbox. Pre-sales have secured the film distributors throughout Asia, and also Italin-speaking and German-speaking parts of Europe.

Spoiler

Other titles on Showbox’s flight plan include: another disaster-drama “Sinkhole” which sees the sudden subsidence of a house, which was launched at Busan last year; “fantasy-drama “Our Season,” in which an old lady is given remission from death and gets to spend an unexpected vacation with her adult daughter.

The slate is rounded off by “In Our Prime,” a drama about the rapport between a well-to-do misfit schoolboy and the school caretaker who is a math genius escaped from North Korea. The film charts their growing relationship and the elements from his past that threaten it. Choi Min-sik, another of Korea’s most acclaimed actors, stars as the caretaker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

June 30, 2021 

https://m.festival-cannes.com/en/films/bi-sang-seon-eon

EMERGENCY DECLARATION

SYNOPSIS

Veteran chief police detective In-ho receives a tip about a man threatening a terrorist attack against a plane. While investigating, he discovers that the suspect has actually boarded flight no. KI501.
Despite his phobia of flying, Jae-hyuk decides to go to Hawaii for the sake of his daughter's health. At the airport, he is distracted by a strange man who hangs around, speaking to them in a menacing way.  
Flight no. KI501 departs Incheon Airport for Hawaii, but soon afterwards a man dies for mysterious reasons. Fear and chaos spread quickly, not only inside the plane, but also on land.
Hearing this news, Transport Minister Sook-hee sets up a counterterrorism task force and calls an emergency meeting in order to find a way to land the airplane.

860c68466cf841c0f4a114169e47a5121746923d© MAGNUM9 / Jae-Rim HAN

CREDITS

Jae-Rim HAN - Director

Jae-Rim HAN - Script / Dialogue

Jae-Rim HAN - Film Editor

Mo-Gae LEE - Cinematography

Jong-Chul PARK - Cinematography

Mok-Won LEE - Set decorator

Byeong-Woo LEE - Music

Woo-Hyun KIM - Film Editor

Kang-Il LEE - Film Editor

Suk-Won KIM - Sound

CASTING

Kang Ho SONG - In-ho

Byung-Hun LEE - Jae-hyuk

JEON Do-Yeon - Sook-hee

KIM Nam-Gil - Hyun-soo

YIM Si-Wan - Jin-seok

So-Jin KIM - Hee-jin

Hae-Joon PARK - Tae-su

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lee Byung Hun To Present Award At 74th Cannes Film Festival; Song Kang Ho Selected For Jury + Im Siwan Also Attending

Lee Byung Hun To Present Award At 74th Cannes Film Festival; Song Kang Ho Selected For Jury + Im Siwan Also Attending

Lee Byung Hun, Song Kang Ho, and Im Siwan are heading to Cannes, France to participate in the 74th Cannes Film Festival!

Director Han Jae Rim’s “Emergency Declaration,” starring Song Kang Ho, Jeon Do Yeon, Lee Byung Hun, Kim Nam Gil, Im Siwan, Kim So Jin, and Park Hae Joon, has been chosen for the Out of Competition section of the event. “Declaration of Emergency” is a disaster film that will tell the story of the unprecedented calamities that arise when an airplane is forced to make an emergency landing.

On June 30, film distribution company Showbox shared that the film’s actors Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun, and Im Siwan will be attending this year’s Cannes Film Festival, adding, “Their flight schedule has not been set yet. It will be kept private to avoid having people crowding in during the COVID-19 situation.” Each of the actors’ agencies have also confirmed that the actors will attend the ceremony.

BH Entertainment further revealed, “Lee Byung Hun will be attending the 74th Cannes Film Festival as an award presenter. The category he will present has not been decided.” He will be the first Korean actor to present at the festival.

Song Kang Ho has been chosen for this year’s jury for feature films alongside the jury president Spike Lee, Mati Diop, Mylène Farmer, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jessica Hausner, Mélanie Laurent, Kleber Mendonça Filho, and Tahar Rahim. Previously, the movie “Parasite” starring Song Kang Ho became the first Korean film to win the Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival.

Director Hong Sang Soo’s “In Front of Your Face” was selected for this year’s Cannes Premieres section as well.

The annual Cannes Film Festival selects winners from 24 shortlisted films for nine categories including the Palme d’Or (Golden Palm), the most prestigious award. While usually held in May, this year’s ceremony will take place of July 16 and 17.

Source: soompi 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Capture-d-e-cran-2021-07-02-a-14-08-12.p

According to the screening schedule, which can be downloaded from the Cannes Film Festival website, moviegoers lucky enough to attend the Festival this year will be able to see Emergency Declaration at the Grand Théâtre Lumière on July 16 at 10:15 pm (French local time). I would love to be in it. :tears:

https://www.festival-cannes.com/fr/infos-communiques/info/articles/lhoraire-des-projections-2021

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2