[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Mowgli Boy 我的莫格利男孩

Admin

10 minutes ago, mslilith said:

@LuMNaL oh that is okay. I am in episode 29.

Spoiler

in this eps. he wanted to tell his fiance to call off the wedding, because he wanted to live for himself. Until now he live for his mother, for his stepfather and now for her. But now he wanted to live for himself and wanted to be happy. After that he went to see Chu Shi and wanted to tell her, that he like her. But his fiance started to blackmail him, because she know about his debt. He didn't want that his mother and stepfather know about this. So he agreed to stay with her and going trough the marriag.

that is the reason, why I chose the song foolish beat for the mv above.

10 minutes ago, mslilith said:

@LuMNaL I suspected it was something like that I just wanted to be sure. He should have just told them. It will blow up on his face. I don’t think he ever loved her. Her face annoys me a lot.

I don't like her too, because she is selfish. It was because of her, he has so much debt. He loves his mother and don't wanted to disappointed her. you will see it on the eps. 31. His mother give him so much pressur too. She wanted that he is perfect for the stepfather. I think she forget, what her son really needed. I feel so sad for Ling Yu.

@LuMNaL I did watched it. And he looked so heartbroken. I find it interesting that her stepsister feels like she is a outsider and doesn’t belong in the family. Since they are one. Well at some point she did think that.

I just watched ep 32 the terrible girlfriend did something bad. I just don’t know what exactly happened  and her crocodile tears didn’t help.

8 hours ago, mslilith said:

I did watched it. And he looked so heartbroken. I find it interesting that her stepsister feels like she is a outsider and doesn’t belong in the family. Since they are one. Well at some point she did think that.

She was hurt, that her father remarried just a year after her mothers death. So she couldn't accepted the stepmother and felt left out. 

8 hours ago, mslilith said:

@LuMNaL 

I just watched ep 32 the terrible girlfriend did something bad. I just don’t know what exactly happened  and her crocodile tears didn’t help.

Spoiler

She deleted the clip, where he saw Chu Shi for the first time on her skateboard

On 9/19/2019 at 10:26 AM, visiopeia said:

I watch it b'cos of Yang Zi and Ma Tian Yu.. but the more i watch it the more i fall for the lawyer couple.... ottoke?

Yang Zi and Ma Tian Yu is so adorable when they are together but i can't feel the spark in them whereby i able to feel the spark on the 2nd lead couple! 

Lu Ziyue and Tang Cheng's chemistry is intense that I can relate to you so much. 

40 minutes ago, skyina said:

Lu Ziyue and Tang Cheng's chemistry is intense that I can relate to you so much. 

yes...but I don't like how Tang Cheng first try to ride off Lu Ziyue. Cheating your boyfriend and let him see it, is an absolut no go for me. She did it the wrong way, that is why I am not like this couple.

Ling Yu didn't tell his fiance that he met an other girl, but he never cheating on her. He never tell Chu Shi that he likes her.  That is why I prefer this couple more.

Hey everyone, have to jump in here! 

I've watched my fair share of cdramas and I have to say, that this is probably one of the first times that I'm rooting for the 2nd leads' relationship harder and way more invested in their storyline than I am for the main CP.  Totally think that Tang Cheng (TC) and Lu Ziyue (LZY) have great chemistry together and have an incredibly sweet/romantic storyline that is exactly my cup of tea!  

Perhaps it's that their story seems most reasonable/relatable - - nonetheless, I love how the seemingly two opposites get together, relentlessly pursue one another and decide to be brave and to love each other.  Their scenes together are a perfect mix of funny + sweet, heart-wrenching + romantic.  Their characters aren't perfect, but I love seeing each of them step out in faith for love.  

As I think about their relationship, I was trying to figure out what exactly about LZY makes him so attractive to TC.  I believe it is the following (in no particular order):  

1.  LZY's strong sense of integrity and ethical compass for life.  

- At the heart of it, I think she deeply respects him for being a man with integrity.  While he may at times seem mild and meek in his disposition, I actually think he has a subtle, often unspoken but evident confidence that exudes an unshakable sense of who he is, what stands for and what he wants.  I think he proves this by 1) Not being lured to corporate law despite the potential for wealth, but rather preferring to practice law in a manner consistent to what he believes and 2) When he stands up to the client/boss dude who likes to eat weird stuff.  

2. LZY's persevering nature and relentless pursuit of TC.  

-Their journey of love was never an easy one to begin with, but he was relentless in his pursuit of her.  Determined with all his might to woo and win her heart, he wasn't giving up or giving in even if it meant that he had to put in extra effort.  And ultimately, I think her heart moved when she realized how serious he was in pursuing their relationship.  

3.  LZY saw TC for whom she truly was.  

- Beyond the facade of a put together, hard driving lawyer that is fiercely independent and focused solely on winning, he saw her truth.  He saw her weaknesses and insecurities and it didn't scare him off.  Even more, I think he really earned her trust and respect when time and again he wasn't scared to call her out when he needed to.  In a way, I think his willingness to rebuke her, to speak truth to her and to always be his most genuine and authentic self around her actually made him more attractive to TC.  

What do you guys think?  What makes TC so attractive to LZY?  

Also, can anybody provide more insight on LZY's name?  What does it mean or what is the reference of his name to? Why are they always rehearsing the old school Chinese poetry involving his name?  There was a reference in the thread earlier that "a tiny missing stroke makes all the difference"...what does that mean?  

Im so over the on again off again relationship between MYT and YZ  character I find myself fast forwarding to the the lawyer couple for their sweet scenes at least they are harmonious right now its gotten to point where i want her to end up with Denny Huangs character 

I'm finding myself actually shipping Ling Xi with Li zhong..  Sorry Mowgli, you're just too complex (altho with reasons) for Ling Xi but she just loves him too much that she would let him break her heart over and over again, she seems to be on a rebound and Li zhong is leading her on knowing she still loves Mowgli.. Well with just 4 epis to go, let's see how they're gonna patch things up.

Archived