[Drama 2019-2020] Stove League, 스토브리그

larus

Kim Jung-hwa confirmed her appearance in SBS's new drama“ Stove League ” 

2019110700604_0.jpg

Kim Jung-hwa took on the role of Yoo Jeong-in, the former wife of the newly appointed director, Seung-soo Baek (Nam Gung-min). Yoo Jeong-in was a respectable woman, a strong comrade, and a good wife, but he was divorced by Seung-su. In addition, he has the same pain as Bae Seung-soo, but has a strong and strong inner character who tries to overcome it.

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2019/11/07/2019110700613.html

• Like 5

Upcoming Baseball Drama Starring Namgoong Min And Park Eun Bin Holds First Script Reading

Nov 13, 2019
by R. Jun

3ffa03f8531a4e08a19334c7abc156fa.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Stove League” revealed photos from its first table read with actors Namgoong Min, Park Eun Bin, Oh Jung Se, Jo Byeong Gyu, Girl’s Day’s Sojin, and more.

“Stove League” is set to take over the evening drama slot on SBS following the conclusion of “Vagabond.” The drama is about a baseball team that always finishes last in its league, but with the arrival of a new general manager, the team prepares for an extraordinary season.

Namgoong Min plays Baek Seung Su, the new general manager of the last place team Dreams, and expertly showed the cold, objective decisiveness of his character.

Park Eun Bin has taken on the role of Lee Se Young, the only female baseball team manager in Korea as well as the youngest, and she impressed with her detailed portrayal of her character’s mannerisms.

A source from the production staff of the drama said, “I think the drama is off to a great start, thanks to the actors’ incredible skills and teamwork from day one. The cast and crew are working hard on set so that you can spend a warm winter with ‘Stove League.’ Please look forward to the drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1365289wpp/upcoming-baseball-drama-starring-namgoong-min-and-park-eun-bin-holds-first-script-reading

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Hello everyone! Posting here after a long time!

Well, the trailers are already out & looking really interesting! And these two are beautiful together than I thought! So I am considering watching it when comes out!! Both look good in their roles so I think we'll have a hot game on-screen! :)

EJOuuPhUwAg5Z8X.jpg

EJNl0eWU4AAGxS9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

November 13 2019

First script reading for SBS drama series “Stove League”

Stove_League-SR1.jpg

First script reading for SBS drama series “Stove League,” starring Namgung Min & Park Eun-Bin, took place the first weekend of September, 2019 in South Korea. Main cast members that attended the first script reading included Namgung Min, Park Eun-Bin, Oh Jung-Se, Joe Byeong-Gyu, Lee Joon-Hyuk, Jo Han-Sun, Kim Jung-Hwa, Sojin (‘Girl’s Day’), Son Jong-Hak, and Jeon Kuk-Hwan. The drama series will revolve around professional baseball team “Dreams” with Namgung Min playing GM Baek Seung-Soo.

“Stove League” is now scheduled to first air December 13, 2019 in South Korea (takes over SBS’ Friday & Saturday 10PM time slot after “Vagabond.”).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-script-reading-for-sbs-drama-series-stove-league

Stills

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Namgoong Min And Park Eun Bin Transform Into Baseball Enthusiasts For Upcoming SBS Drama

Nov 15, 2019

e788c5d3ae6048499fa854a34a186610.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Stove League” has revealed the very first stills of Namgoong Min and Park Eun Bin!

“Stove League” is about a baseball team that always finishes last in its league. With the arrival of a new general manager, the team prepares for an extraordinary season. It will also tell the story of people who support the team from behind.

Namgoong Min has transformed into Baek Seung Su, the new general manager of the last place team Dreams. Despite the numerous wins that he brought to past sports teams he managed, the teams almost always dissolved because they were unpopular sports, which is why he took on Dreams. He is aloof and cold and does not know how to come to an agreement or negotiate, but he is known as someone who is good at what he does.

In the first stills, Namgoong Min is entering a baseball stadium with not much emotion shown on his face. He goes to the bleachers and watches the players on the ground, but no one can tell what he is thinking.

Namgoong-Min.jpg

Namgoong Min commented, “I thought the script was well-written when I first read it. I went to my first meeting with the writer with positive thoughts, and I was impressed that the writer had already planned out the whole story. That’s when I decided that I should take on the role.” He added, “It’s also a relief that I get to work with many actors who will make my acting richer.”

The actor concluded, “I can’t help but be sensitive regarding the outcome of the drama, and I hope that this drama is successful, as well. However, I’m satisfied that I get to work with a great director, writer, and actors. I have high expectations for what kind of results we will achieve.”

On the other hand, Park Eun Bin will play Lee Se Young, the only female and the youngest baseball team manager in Korea who has been managing Dreams for 10 years. While starting to become afraid of the constant losing, she meets Baek Seung Su and tries once again to revive the team.

In the stills, Park Eun Bin looks frustrated with tears in her eyes and appears upset as she holds up a bat.Pak-Eun-Bin.jpgPark Eun Bin stated, “I came across ‘Stove League’ while wondering how to spend this year productively after finishing up my previous project. I met up with the writer and the director afterwards, and I felt happy because I had expectations that this is going to be a good drama.”

She continued, “Most of the characters are men, but I had faith that Lee Se Young will continue to do her work well without losing her values. I like the energy that Lee Se Young carries as the only female and the youngest baseball team manager.” Park Eun Bin further commented, “It was also refreshing that it’s about a subject that I had never encountered before. It’s hard figuring out a new world that you were not aware of, but it’s also fun. That’s why I have so much fun on set.”

The production team said, “We believe it’s perfect casting to the point that we can’t imagine Baek Seung Su without Namgoong Min, and we have full trust in him. Please look forward to seeing how Namgoong Min, who has once again challenged himself to another great character, will take over the small-screen through ‘Stove League.'”

They continued, “Park Eun Bin’s brave and astute personality is 200 percent in sync with Lee Se Young. Please look forward to seeing the transformation of Park Eun Bin, who is devoting herself to ‘Stove League’ even by changing her hairstyle.”

“Stove League” premieres on December 13 at 10 p.m. KST as a follow-up to “Vagabond.”

Source (1) (2)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019-2020] Stove League, 스토브리그 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST - Namgoong Min & Park Eun Bin - Premieres on December 13th

Namgoong Min And Park Eun Bin Share Tense First Meeting In Upcoming Drama “Stove League”

Nov 19, 2019
by C. Hong

8f794a6defb848bfb48a0f51653fe536.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Stove League” has shared stills of the awkward first meeting between Namgoong Min and Park Eun Bin’s characters.

“Stove League” tells the story of a baseball team called Dreams, always finishing last in its league, that receives a shake-up in the form of a new general manager. Namgoong Min stars as Baek Seung Su, the new general manager who is good at bringing wins to the sports teams he manages. Park Eun Bin stars as Lee Se Young, the only female baseball team manager in Korea who has been in charge of Dreams (the baseball team in the drama) for 10 years.

The new stills show Namgoong Min and Park Eun Bin sharing a meal together. Although they are in a comfortable restaurant, the atmosphere between the two is less than ideal. Namgoong Min plays his character coming off as aloof, despite his attempt at a conciliatory smile, and Park Eun Bin is clearly on her guard against him.

This scene was filmed in October at a restaurant in Seoul. The two actors are known for being respectful on set and greeted each other immediately when they arrived. When it came to rehearsal, both the actors had gone so far as to practice their scene partner’s lines in the script, and when the cameras turned on, they got into character right away.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1366734wpp/namgoong-min-and-park-eun-bin-share-tense-first-meeting-in-upcoming-dramastove-league

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Namgoong Min, Park Eun-bin, and Jo Byung-kyu are up to bat in new stills for Stove League

by tccolb

0003654009_001_20191120011104092.jpg

A slew of new stills have been released for SBS’s upcoming sports drama Stove League, featuring actors Namgoong Min (Doctor Prisoner), Park Eun-bin (The Ghost Detective), and Jo Byung-kyu (Arthdal Chronicles).

The title comes from the term “hot stove league,” which is baseball’s off-season, and it’s a reference to where and when the drama takes place. With a focus on the management team who work to support the Dreams baseball team, the story starts off with the Dreams having disappointed fans and ranking in the bottom tier for several years running.

Enter Namgoong Min playing new team manager Baek Seung-soo, who has been appointed in hopes of improving the team’s standings and better prepare for the next season. He lives by the motto that strength is a virtue, and has a record of working with different sports teams in difficult environments and leading them to success. Being inflexible and uncompromising, he has difficulty developing personal relationships with others, but he’s still acknowledged as a top class manager.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/11/namgoong-min-park-eun-bin-and-jo-byung-kyu-are-up-to-bat-in-new-stills-for-stove-league/

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Watch: Namgoong Min Is Determined To Hit A Home Run With His New Venture In “Stove League” Teaser

Nov 23, 2019
by J. Lim
585d73055c5a403d8308d1cd88fed4ac.jpeg?s=

Upcoming SBS Friday-Saturday drama “Stove League” has shared a teaser of Namgoong Min!

“Stove League” will be the follow-up drama to “Vagabond” and will tell the story of a new general manager who takes over a baseball team who is always in last place, so much that even the fans have given up, as they prepare for a new season and unexpected changes.

The drama has released its first video teaser of Namgoong Min as Baek Seung Su, the new coach of the baseball team called Dreams. He is wearing a white button-up shirt and necktie as he enters a baseball practice field, and though he tries to swing his baseball bat, he misses all the balls that come at him.

It’s then when a voiceover says, “So you’re going to try and fix a situation when everything’s already gone to the dogs?” and he says, “I have to fix it. We have to change the system, not the people,” and “Victory, I’m going to make it happen.” With those words, he holds onto his baseball bat tightly and hits the ball. The ball suddenly changes into documents and fly everywhere.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

November 29 2019

Teaser trailer #2 for SBS drama series “Hot Stove League”

Hot_Stove_League-SI1.jpg

Teaser trailer #2 added for SBS drama series “Hot Stove League” (English title) starring Namgung Min and Park Eun-Bin. The baseball themed drama series has Namgun Min playing the general manager of a professional baseball team and Park Eun-Bin playing the operations manager for the same team.

“Hot Stove League” first airs December 13, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-2-for-sbs-drama-series-hot-stove-league

Hot_Stove_League-SI2.jpg
Hot_Stove_League-SI3.jpg

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-2-for-sbs-drama-series-hot-stove-league

Its is not Stove League but Hot Stove League now?

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

Is this supposed to have a  low key love line? Sounds great either way just curious. 

I think so since the main focus will be how to get the team from the bottom to the top. It's interesting indeed. I'm looking forward to it:).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hello friends,

Feel so great  to see that a  lot is happening here! Both Namgoong Min & Park Eun Bin are my favorites! So eagerly waiting for more details on this series! And agree with @RobinM & @lu09 chingus that it'd be so amazing if they romantically involve in the series! :) Both look good together! And curious over the plot as well... :o

EKbEG-LUUAAttoz.jpg

8 hours ago, larus said:

Its is not Stove League but Hot Stove League now?

Hello dear... I guess some web sites have already changed the name in to Hot Stove League!! But I prefer only Stove League! It sounds more beautiful!!! :) But now that they changed the title, I am more curious about the series!!! :) Is there any changes in the plot as well????! This is worth waiting for... 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Watch: Park Eun Bin And Namgoong Min Try To Change The Fate Of A Losing Team In “Stove League”

Nov 30, 2019
by J. Lim

8cef70cdcf4149edaf75fee5ba770a07.jpeg?s=

Upcoming SBS Friday-Saturday drama “Stove League” has shared a new teaser ahead of the show’s premiere!

“Stove League” will tell the story of a baseball team called Dreams who come in dead last and have reached a point where even their fans don’t shed a tear at their loss anymore. Baek Seung Su (Namgoong Min) comes in as the new general manager to try and change things.

The teaser starts off with Baek Seung Su watching a Dreams game as he says to himself, “Last place for four consecutive years,” and “A team that’s the worst at baseball and has no hope.” The players can be seen fighting amongst each other after the match and team manager Lee Se Young (Park Eun Bin) swings a bat around as she expresses her frustration, “Is this the best that we can do?”

The scene changes and Baek Seung Su can be seen giving a presentation with the words, “Change is needed.” But he is later threatened by a mysterious man who says, “You really only poke out the worst scars, don’t you?” Oh Kyung Min (Oh Jung Se) says to Baek Seung Su, “You really think you can win? You have big dreams,” and Baek Seung Su shoots back, “Yes, so we’re going to be very busy.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1368732wpp/watch-park-eun-bin-and-namgoong-min-try-to-change-the-fate-of-a-losing-team-in-stove-league

• Like 1
  • Love 2