[Drama 2019-2020] Stove League, 스토브리그

larus

After watching this weeks episodes one question rised up. Did Beak brother play baseball before he ended up in the wheelchair or did he work in the baseball field?

So when a one problem is solved second arises. But I like how the team is little by little becoming one/as a whole and not a seperate team like in the welcome team dinner.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Wow!!! They hit double digits for for yesterdays' eps! Ha ha ha... My prayers are heard! :D

I am so behind this week's eps as I haven't got anytime to watch it! But yes, the ratings got high! Will catch up with you guys later when I am done watching eps.!!! :)

EMWWFRCUEAAtcnu.jpg

• Like 5

I am glad that Baek Seung-Soo find out the weaknesses in the scouting departament. I agree to give Yang Won-Seob a second chance. I wonder if we saw the last of Ko Se-Hyeok. He appears on the poster along with the other Dreams team. Maybe he will return at the team after he refrects on what he did. If not...  c'est la vie.

I was a little worried when Ko Kang-Seon wanted to disregard Baek Seung-Soo`s wishes but I am glad that  Kwon Kyung-Min baked up seung Soo once again. I also loved the scene where Kwon asked Baek Seung soo why he is planting trees on an earth/planet that will disappear tomorrow and he answered that he wants to give them a victory before the disbandment . Seung Soo knows very well why Kwon hired him but he is doing the best to win the championship and, in the same time, he wishes that he will chance his mind to not disband the baseball team. He always wanted that with all the teams he has been but he could not chance the mind of the owners. I don`t blame Kwon and his uncle to want to sell or disband the team because they are business man and there is a lot of financial loss but I wish they will chance their minds. If not, it is possible that  Han Jae-Hee (or his father) to buy a baseball team? :D

I just wish that Seung Soo`s bad luck will end and he will save the team from disbandment.

One more wish... Please, Lee Se-Young , stop hitting Han Jae Hee! I like their relationship, she can be the nagging boss but  I wish she will stop hit him.

• Like 3

Namgoong Min And Park Eun Bin Watch Jo Byeong Gyu Try His Hand At Baseball In “Stove League”

Dec 25, 2019
by C. Hong
8dc6ca93a0274192bce2112fb2d6a121.jpeg?s=

On December 25, SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Stove League” released stills of Namgoong Min, Park Eun Bin, and Jo Byeong Gyu playing a little baseball.

“Stove League” tells the story of the management team behind a failing baseball team named Dreams, which has come in last place in the league several years in a row. Park Eun Bin plays Lee Se Young, the team’s longtime manager, and Namgoong Min plays Baek Seung Soo, an unconventional new manager brought in to turn the team’s fortunes around. Jo Byeong Gyu plays a supporting role as Han Jae Hee, the youngest member of the management team.

In last week’s episode, Jo Byeong Gyu accompanied Namgoong Min and Park Eun Bin on their trip to the United States to scout new baseball players. Jo Byeong Gyu put on catcher’s gear to play a quick round of catch with one of their potential recruits, but things didn’t turn out as planned.

In the new stills, Jo Byeong Gyu has donned the catcher’s mask again with a determined look on his face. Namgoong Min looks mildly interested at the proceedings, while Park Eun Bin looks surprised by what’s going on.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1373492wpp/namgoong-min-and-park-eun-bin-watch-jo-byeong-gyu-try-his-hand-at-baseball-in-stove-league
  • Like 3

Park Eun Bin Talks About Studying Baseball For “Stove League”

Dec 26, 2019
by L. Kim

b4a561fe872144e69cdb3bab92d8dc4c.jpeg?s=

Park Eun Bin, the lead actress of “Stove League,” shared her admiration for baseball.

“Stove League” tells the story of the management team behind a failing baseball team named Dreams, which has come in last place in the league several years in a row.

Park Eun Bin has played various characters and acted in diverse genres over her long acting career of 21 years. This time, she plays the longtime manager of a baseball team named Lee Se Young, and it is rumored that she has a soft spot for baseball.

The actress said, “I only knew about the rules of baseball, so I started studying baseball in earnest after taking the role of the head of the management team. Using reference materials, I studied the terms I didn’t know or concepts I had to explain through the script.”

Park Eun Bin added, “When I first set up the character Lee Se Young, it was the baseball fans’ GIFs that helped me the most. It was wonderful to see the fans gathered to express their love for baseball in various situations, including enthusiastically cheering, getting angry at the team’s mistakes, and enjoying their intuition. I was inspired by those images and tried to reflect them inside the character.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1373737wpp/park-eun-bin-talks-about-studying-baseball-for-stove-league

• Like 3

“Stove League,” “War Of Prosecutors,” And More Not Airing This Week

Dec 26, 2019
by C. Hong

c0aa09ee6ee9490c82546a429362691c.jpeg?s=

TV stations are reorganizing their schedule to accommodate end-of-year special broadcasts.

SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Stove League,” which surpassed 10 percent in viewership ratings within its first four episodes, will be airing as usual on Friday, December 27. On Saturday, December 28, however, it will not air Episode 6 due to the SBS Entertainment Awards.

JTBC has also rearranged its schedule for the final week of December. On December 30, JTBC will air Parts 1 and 2 of “Luwak Human,” which tells the story of a salesman in his fifties who is danger of forced retirement. It stars Kim Mi Soo, Jang Hye Jin, Choi Duk Moon, and Yoon Kyung Ho. “Luwak Human” is the first of JTBC’s Drama Festa lineup, a series of short-form dramas.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1373787wpp/stove-league-war-of-prosecutors-and-more-not-airing-this-week

• Like 3

Although the owner's nephew is being set up to be viewed as the bad guy, I don't really see him as such.  From his actions,  he acts like who he is, a businessman, which is why I think at the end, if winning the championship will result in turning the franchise from a losing investment to a profitable one, it might not face disbandment.  Another possibility is for Jae Hee's family to buy it off since he belongs to a rich family.

I enjoy watching this drama because its like I'm watching a live thrilling game and I'm at the edge of my seat not knowing what's going to be the outcome.

I like Seung Soo.  He's smart.  He doesn't get intimidated.  He's very logical in his decision and employ very good tactics.  It would be just frustrating to work with him though :D

I can't wait for the episodes to air. Sad about the 28th though.  I hope Friday's episode will not be a cliffhanger!

• Like 3

Namgoong Min, Park Eun Bin, And Jo Byeong Gyu Find Themselves In A Tough Spot In “Stove League”

Dec 27, 2019
by J. Lim

d3fa0ffefe6749ea8534af90155b412c.jpeg?s=

SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Stove League” has shared new stills of Namgoong Min, Park Eun Bin, and Jo Byeong Gyu in trouble in the middle of the road.

“Stove League” tells the story of Dreams, a baseball team who are so bad that not even their fans have tears left to shed for them. They undergo a change when an unconventional new manager comes to take over, and the drama is quickly rising in ratings with its energetic storyline. Namgoong Min plays the new manager Baek Seung Su, Park Eun Bin is Lee Se Young, the first woman to be a baseball team manager, and Jo Byeong Gyu plays Han Jae Hee, the youngest member of the management team.

New stills show the trio in an unexpected situation in the U.S. On their way to bring a new member into their team, their car breaks down and they find themselves out in the middle of nowhere. While Baek Seung Su remains calm with a blank expression, Lee Se Young continues to look at her watch nervously while Han Jae Hee is angrily stomping around. It remains to be seen whether they will be able to get to their destination in time to bring the new player in.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1373894wpp/namgoong-min-park-eun-bin-and-jo-byeong-gyu-find-themselves-in-a-tough-spot-in-stove-league

• Like 2

“Stove League” Once Again Hits High Point In Ratings, Continues Upward Streak

Dec 28, 2019
by R. Jun

1ad56f39b9b6498ca32a96fa7d6969e6.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Stove League” has once again hit a new high in viewership ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the December 27 broadcast of the drama recorded an average of 12.4 percent viewership nationwide, its highest yet. In its most-watched minute, the drama went as high as 14.3 percent.

After premiering on December 13 with a nationwide average of 5.5 percent, the drama has been pulling more and more viewers with every episode!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1373989wpp/stove-league-once-again-hits-high-point-in-ratings-continues-upward-streak

• Like 3

1 hour ago, monalisa said:

someone must have instigated the Americans to double their asking price for the player.

It was the competition. The other team from Korea, Pelicans wanted the same player, Miles and Kim Jong-Mu wanted  Griffin. Of course, the prise went up. The moment Seung-Soo said he wanted home made Korean food after listening Robest`s conversation with his wife, I already knew that he will be the next Dreams` pitcher. :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Its a bummer not getting the extra episode as the previous one was good.  I also found it interesting as to the term "priorities" and double standards which was explained by BSS in the press conference regarding the player's not doing military service.  I also agree with the player's choice being that his wife was critically ill at the time, it would be unjust for the public to blame her for the cause of what he did.  That was loyalty to his wife and he being a man, he represented his country in a different area 4 times, got injured and they (public) were not loyal to him.  Plus they cannot blame the wife for having an illness, it shows gender discrimination and the view of the society that women's health issues are less of that of men.  Her health issue was legitimate and very serious unlike the son's of the CEO's

"supposedly high blood pressure" and politician son who is already spoiled, the military service would have done those more good than the player who is mature and knows how to work hard.

I look forward to seeing how this is resolved in the next episode.  They deserve the bump in ratings.  Also found it funny that Miles the player understood BSS even though he was speaking to him in Korean.  BSS claim to speaking English was a sham as he spoke very little of it.

• Like 4