[Drama 2019] Leverage, 레버리지

0ly40

yeah i think they did only show ep 7 edit: the 8 episode also aired. I just found it.

and for the romance I would like it to be in the back. 

does anyone has clues who the big bad boss could be?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@stroppyse

Huhuhu.. I am at work now and will only manage to watch the episodes tonight.

Unfortunately I am unable to livestream the episodes :ph34r: no links

I agree that there will be no romance between Roy and NB. More like a sibling teasing relationship. But I love how Roy, the tough SAF guy allows himself to be 'bullied' verbally and physically by NB. :lol:

Really a softie!

@stroppyse @joccu To me, it looks like the big bad boss is his hometown friend. First, the body shape, the hair color and hair dress, then the watch on the wrist... Furthermore, it has to be someone close to LTJ in order to know what his son needed. The timing is also odd. He only heard about the medicine the moment his son had no hope to survive. We heard from LTJ that his friend is a financial advisor for VIP... which the big bad boss is. He gets rich but helps the other villains to get rich as well. 

42 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

That's a good call! I was only thinking that the friend was helping the Big Bad Boss, not that he was the Big Bad Boss himself. As a close friend of TJ, the friend would totally know how to play him as well.

I just wonder whether the friend really was powerful enough to have the police commissioner and politicians in his grasp as the show has alluded. It would be a very bitter twist for TJ if his trusted friend turned out to be the BBB though. :(

But that's a red herring in my opinion. How come that he is the only one who has seen the big boss? Furthermore, I have the impression that even the cop had some doubt about his friend. Notice his reaction... he left TJ very quickly after the release from jail as soon as the other appeared. Yet they had never really met. 

My theory is that his hometown friend resented him because he loved TJ's wife. By losing her son, this made her turn against her husband and resent him for her son's death. On the other hand, the friend could get closer to her... with the disappearance of the son, he can approach her much more easily. The son is out of the way. He has now the means and the power to get her. He can propose her to have another family.

The big bad boss resents society and perceives money as the only way to get what you want. He creates events in order to take a benefit... and LTJ's situation with his son was the perfect opportunity to get rid of his "rival"!!

@stroppyse I think you misunderstood me. My theory is that LTJ's ex-wife has no idea about LTJ's friend's true identity. She is not involved at all but the best friend used his connection in order to get her, the moment he saw that he had the opportunity to drive an edge between LTJ and his wife. It wasn't clearly said but it looks like LTJ is divorced and LTJ doesn't keep in touch with her.

Besides, if my theory is correct about him, why would he need to turn LTJ into a criminal, when his best friend served as the best cover? I sense here some disguised rivalry and jealousy.

@stroppyse I am still watching. Paddling furiously because I hv 5 or 6 ongoing dramas . :lol:. I will be using this week to catch up .  I am Glad you’re watching this @bebebisous33 . 

5 hours ago, raziela said:

Was there only one episode last night?

no , eps 8 is available. I saw it on viu 

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Not sure if there was a delay in the broadcast in SK perhaps? I noticed that episode 8 showed up a lot later on the sites than ep 7.  Anyway, both eps 7 and 8 are available on various sites.

Thanks!

I have completed eps 5 - finally I feel that the drama is getting its groove.  Somehow it took me awhile because the first few eps felt a little messy . But once Tae Joon was out of jail , got his act together and they worked on that investment scam, I began to enjoy the drama. They are finally looking like a team  My favourite character remains JHB's Soo Kyung.   What I was surprised though was that I thought that the drama was building some romance between Roy and NB...but suddenly that seems to have been cut off, and the focus is on NB and Ui Sung.  Really strange

End of eps 6 was good ! Did not expect the commissioner to test TJ that way. It definitely raised the stakes and the team is really tested now on whether they can do things on the fly !  

While I believe the other 3 have a more bubbly personality & provide the comedy , I particularly enjoy the scenes of TJ & Roy especially when they get down to business . I like it when it’s two of  them discussing more serious things . 

Also kim Kwon fight scenes are :blush:

BTS

On 11/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, joccu said:

I laughed so much RR and JS were working in the nursing home with the alias name choi moonsik and Park jaehyung( they were Kim kwon and yeon hoi hyeon names in the marry my now drama)

I am so glad you brought this up or I would not have understood the inside joke! :lol:

I am all caught up now. Eps 7 and 8 were great. Some exciting close calls and a good dose of comedy. I was laughing my head off at Soo Kyung's scenes  romancing the old man.  The team is really working well together and it was hilarious when they were all trying to hide from TJ  the fact that they want the old man's money.

Okay so that old friend of TJ does not seem trustworthy ...could he be the one that set TJ up with regards to his son?

BTS stills

OST 3

According to this Twitter handle , there were  no new episodes this week. :unsure:  They did a compilation special of the earlier episodes. Eps 9 & 10 will be shown the coming weekend 

Archived