0ly40

KBS Drama

Meow, the Secret Boy

Welcome3.jpg

Welcome-Poster-6.jpg

Other title/former title: Meow, the secret boy Man Who Bakes Bread

Network: KBS

Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Comedy

Episodes: 32 (2 back-to-back episodes à 40 minutes)

Airdate: March 25th - April 30th, 2020

Airtime: Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

Director: Ji Byung Hyun

Writer: Joo Hwa Mi

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/meowthesecretboy/pc/detail.html?smenu=e126f2

Plot:

Sol-A  is a woman in her mid 20's and works for a graphic design company. She dreams of becoming a webcomic artist and she is a sociable person. Sol-A happens to take home a cat, Hong-Zo . Sol-A is unaware that Hong-Zo is not an ordinary cat. He has the ability to transform into a human being. Living with the cat Hong-Zo, Sol-A gets involved in unexpected cases.

Cast:

Kim Myung Soo as Hong Zo

He turned into a human boy once when he was a kitten, but he quickly went back to his feline form, and has been a cat ever since then until he comes across with Sol A.

1584325959299_245700.jpg

Shin Ye Eun as Sol-A

She is a woman who has the bright energy, loving loyalty, and protective instincts of a dog. She is a woman with puppy-like characteristics, and her life begins to change after meeting Hong-jo and two start to fall in love

1584338552429_245813.jpg

Seo Ji Hoon as Lee Jae Sun

He is as a man who runs a family hardware store. He has the a friendly vibe that makes neighbors think of him as family, but a coldness to him as well.

1584338552596_245835.jpg

Kang Hoon - Ko Doo-Sik

1584338552887_245879.jpg

Yoon Ye-Joo - Eun Ji-Eun

1584338552758_245857.jpg

Supporting Cast:

Kim Yeo Jin

Jeon Ik Ryung

Yang Dae Hyeok

Teasers:

Spoiler

Press Conf

OST

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Welcome, 어서와 - Mon & Tue - Kim Myung Soo
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm super excited about this drama. Not only because it could potentially be Myungsoo's last drama project before enlisting, but also because out of all the actors out there, I simply cannot see anyone playing a man who turns into a cat better than Myungsoo. Those who have followed him in his career are aware of how cat-like he can be in his mannerisms, not to mention that he's always been a cat-lover, raising his own Russian Blue as well as volunteering for a cat shelter in Korea. For this reason, I think he's going to do a splendid job with this role.

Asides from that, it seems that while Park Eun-bin was initially in talks to play the leading lady, it might not be the case anymore, considering she's been confirmed to star in the upcoming drama  Stove League

At this point, I'm wondering who they'll cast to play the owner of the kitty. Do any of you have any favourites?

Also, to the OT, I believe air date for this drama has been confirmed  for March 2nd. Perhaps this can be added to the date?

c02c4237af0a49428af76298b9d03de5.jpeg?s=

INFINITE’s L Confirmed To Star In New KBS Drama

Aug 26, 2019
by L. Kim

INFINITE’s L (Kim Myung Soo) is now confirmed for a new drama that he was previously in talks for!

On August 26, production company Gil Pictures stated, “Actor Kim Myung Soo has confirmed his appearance in KBS 2TV’s new Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Welcome.’ Casting of the other lead actors is now in its final stages, and we will begin shooting within this year.”

“Welcome” is an upcoming drama based on a webtoon of the same title and tells the story of a cat who can transform into a human and his owner.

more: https://www.soompi.com/article/1348199wpp/infinites-l-confirmed-to-star-in-new-kbs-drama

P. S. the company's name is actually "Gill Pictures".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Welcome, 어서와 - Mon & Tue - Kim Myung Soo & Shin Ye Eun - Premieres on March 30th
  • 2 weeks later...

So Myungsoo (L) will be a cat and the owner is going to be Seo Jihoon!! edit actually the female lead is the owner of the cat I suppose!!

I'm ready for the cat give trouble to it's owner!! lol and when it gets in trouble it do this to owner!

infinite, L, and myungsoo image

I need to find a better gif of him doing aegyo!!

tumblr_oouomtlohg1vvm0fio1_400.gifvcredit

l aegyo (gif created by minjiya)credit : soompi

and soompi article says ' I love L. I also love cats. So all of my aegyo dreams came true when I saw this: "

Now we will see him in a drama as a cat! Oh wow!!! I 'm excited!!

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Welcome, 어서와 - Mon & Tue - Kim Myung Soo & Shin Ye Eun - Premieres in March
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Welcome, 어서와 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Premieres March 25th
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Welcome, 어서와 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Kim Myung Soo, Shin Ye Eun & Seo Ji Hoon - Premieres March 25th

So from angel now he'll be a catman. Why is he a cat? Does he make a mistake or died and resurrected in a cat's body. ;) I'm already curious how this fantasy will go with the ending later. But it's nothing to lose if I try some episodes then, cause the teasers look good enough. 

2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

So from angel now he'll be a catman. Why is he a cat? Does he make a mistake or died and resurrected in a cat's body. ;) I'm already curious how this fantasy will go with the ending later. But it's nothing to lose if I try some episodes then, cause the teasers look good enough. 

According Chinese culture an animal which live a long time can transform to human. I think this is the case.

On 3/8/2020 at 3:37 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

Please support Meow, the Secret Boy! It's gonna be wonderful :)

He is so adorable with the cat!!!!!

------------------------

Also can I say what's with Seo Jihoon and cats. Two or three of his drama's have him interacting with cats I think! And in one drama his character's daughter can change into a cat or was it vice versa!! lol!

Shin Ye Eun Gets Caught Awkwardly Hiding From Her Crush In Upcoming Rom-Com With INFINITE’s L

Shin Ye Eun Gets Caught Awkwardly Hiding From Her Crush In Upcoming Rom-Com With INFINITE’s L

Mar 14, 2020
by E. Cha

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Meow the Secret Boy” has unveiled a sneak peek of its leading lady caught in an embarrassing moment!

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Meow the Secret Boy” is a fantasy-romantic comedy about a cat who transforms into a human for mysterious reasons. Shin Ye Eun will star as Kim Sol Ah, a puppy-like woman who makes the life-changing decision to adopt a cat abandoned by the ex-girlfriend of her longtime unrequited crush. Meanwhile, INFINITE’s L will star in the drama as Hong Jo, the warm-hearted cat who helps heal his lonely owner’s emotional wounds.

In newly released photos from the upcoming drama, Kim Sol Ah makes a futile attempt to hide after suddenly spotting her unrequited crush, for whom she has carried a torch for the past 10 years. Despite her best efforts to go unnoticed by crouching behind a white fence, she is soon discovered—and she awkwardly tries to act natural by hastily grabbing the box in front of her and plastering an unnatural smile on her face.

According to those present during filming, Shin Ye Eun’s hilarious expressions and believable acting cracked up everyone on set. The actress reportedly impressed the crew with her flawless portrayal of the hopelessly-in-love Kim Sol Ah, as well as her passionate dedication to bringing the amusing scene to life.

The producers of “Meow the Secret Boy” remarked, “Shin Ye Eun is an actress who boasts a wide spectrum of deep emotions. In particular, because she has a lot of imagination, she prepares many different kinds of acting even when filming a single scene.”

They added, “You can safely forward to ‘Meow the Secret Boy,’ which will be full of Shin Ye Eun’s youthful emotion.”

Archived