[Drama 2020] Meow, the Secret Boy, 어서와

0ly40

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally they kissed  Hong Jo & Solah ? >_< I hope Jieun get Koo Doo Shik in the end. Haha. I have experience like her before. I like this one guy  silently for years but in the end when he found out about my feelings he is not very please and indirectly his actions  tell me he didn’t like it that I have feelings  for him and he feel kinda burdensome that I have feelings for him.I hope those things won’t happen to uri Jieun.

Hello! I finally managed to log into Soompi to join in this wonderful chat!

L or Kim Myungsoo is an amazing actor. He has portrayed the role of Hong Jo very well. Though it is freaky kissing your cat!

We are doing live streaming every Wed and Thurs night 10pm KST to increase the ratings. Unfortunately the ratings don't justify the good performance and drama script.

Next week's preview:

22 hours ago, summer2017 said:

Hello! I finally managed to log into Soompi to join in this wonderful chat!

L or Kim Myungsoo is an amazing actor. He has portrayed the role of Hong Jo very well. Though it is freaky kissing your cat!

We are doing live streaming every Wed and Thurs night 10pm KST to increase the ratings. Unfortunately the ratings don't justify the good performance and drama script.

Next week's preview:

What a lovely storyline and good acting. I wonder why the ratings are kinda low in South Korea?

I’m watching this for the cat and L too :blush:

cutie pies they are. 

I was just wondering if they’d go the route of the frog prince. Heh. Though I am enjoying the fluffy story, I am rather irked about the show keeping very quiet about Hong Jo’s back story. How, why, when he changes form are not explained. What are the triggers? Quite willy-nilly at the moment.  

This is 16 eps so we are halfway through? Hopefully I’d get some answers soon!

12 hours ago, rocat said:

I’m watching this for the cat and L too :blush:

cutie pies they are. 

I was just wondering if they’d go the route of the frog prince. Heh. Though I am enjoying the fluffy story, I am rather irked about the show keeping very quiet about Hong Jo’s back story. How, why, when he changes form are not explained. What are the triggers? Quite willy-nilly at the moment.  

This is 16 eps so we are halfway through? Hopefully I’d get some answers soon!

I heard that the story will end at 12 episodes *cries* it is really hard for a cat to become a man unless there is some divine intervention.

I don't want it to be a sad ending. 

@Killa92 the headlines for the low ratings were atrocious. I couldn't resist scolding allkpop for it on their twitter.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/04/kim-myung-soo-x-shin-ye-euns-welcome-sets-new-record-for-the-lowest-ever-ratings-for-a-major-broadcasting-station-drama

Sharing with you guys some cute pictures of "Meow, the Secret Boy" to brighten up your day. I love these collages, its beautiful. 

Spoiler

Yes^_^^_^Meow the secret boy is a healing drama^_^^_^Specially at the time of this ncov crisis^_^^_^It is healing for me^_^^_^I have been watching the drama since the first broadcast:wub::wub:Although the story has taken a bit at slow pace-_--_-But the story had its grips afterwards^_^^_^Everyday unpredictable things got happened^_^^_^At one point Sol Ah brought a cat home:blush::blush:who when come in contact with her essence turn into a handsome man:wub::wub:Omg:love::love:And soon she finds herself loving a man who has cat like characters^_^^_^She herself can't believe it that she can fall in love with a man who has cat like characters:lol::lol: Jae And Sun Hong Jo got team up and somehow interwoven into a bitter sweet rivalry^_^^_^Sometimes Jae Sun could be a big brother to Hong Jo as well^_^^_^Guiding him with the utmost care a cat like Hong Jo needed to be deserved^_^^_^But on the other hand they are big enemies to each other as well:blush::blush:Who are fighting over that: who will gonna won Sol Ah in the end:blush::blush:Love this 180 degree change in their sweet bromance:wub::wub:Although somehow the end of the story is crystal clear:bawling::bawling:A cat's time runs more way faster than humans:dissapointed_relieved::dissapointed_relieved:Hong Jo can't be with Sol Ah for forever:dissapointed:But then nobody can be with each other for forever:blush::blush:So may be they both will cherish their little time as much as they can^_^^_^may be they will come along an agreement that once Hong Jo was gone:unsure::unsure:Sol Ah will move forward in her life^_^^_^with Jae Sun as a good support beside her^_^^_^There are a lot of questions left unanswered still:blink::blink:So I will gonna stick to the drama till the end^_^^_^I am looking forward to the idea how a cat can be with a human girl^_^^_^How their destiny will get intertwined with each other's^_^^_^Why Sol Ah was choosed by Hong Jo:wub::wub:Because cat chooses their own caregiver:wub::wub:And How a cat can be able to turn into a grown up human:phew::phew:Who are Hong Jo's parents:phew::phew:Is he really a cursed prince from fairy tales?:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:Please look forward to drama next week^_^^_^It is really fun to watch their sweet rom com:heart:

Thank you!:blush:

Personally, I really love this drama. At a time like this, because of NCOV, all you need is something that will make you laugh and cry at the same time.Something light, and unique. I used to watch melo, mystery, thriller, fantasy kdrama etc. but I got tired and want to rest my mind from overthinking. Then I came to find this drama. Yes it is not like the any other drama that I usually watched, but there is something in this that I got hooked up. I love every character. I'm also an introvert person like Jae sun and Ji eun, not the type to talk and blabber unlike Sol-ah and Doo-shik. Somehow I can relate to them. I also like Hong-jo (KMS). I was impressed by his acting in Emperor Master of the Mask. He caught my attention..Then in Angels last mission (my all time fav). Hong-jo's portrayal as a cat is on point. His expression, his innocence, and the way he act really looks like a cat and that made me glued to my chair. The cat is too cute to handle. I always look forward to new episodes. Other says it's boring but I prefer to say that it is a little slow paced only at first 4 episodes but not until episode 5. If you keep watching it, you'll find it interesting. The OSTs are soothing to my ears. I'm quite disappointed by its poor ratings that I think undeserving as it only based on knetizens. I've seen and watched other dramas with good ratings that I think would be worthy of my time but no. I have watched many dramas but end up not finishing despite its good rating. Other people says that the reason for its poor rating is that they can't stand the human-cat to be with a human and its creepy. If that is the case, then how about the human who fall in love to an alien, robot, goblin?aren't they creepy too? as they are not also human. Those who want to watch got discouraged because of other people who keeps on telling that it is boring.  Why don't you just let them watch and decide on their own if it is bad or not, anyway we have different preferences. What you think is boring might be entertaining to others and vice versa.  So sad that all of KMS hard work seems like being overshadowed by a mere poor rating. Overall, I really love the show. A must watch and  this drama would be included in my favorite list. 

NOT ALL DRAMAS WITH POOR RATINGS, SUCKS.

AND NOT ALL DRAMAS WITH MODERATE OR GOOD RATINGS ARE ALSO GOOD. 

JUST SAYIN'

I don't care about the ratings. When I'm enjoying a drama I am enjoying it for the characters and most of the actors and actresses in this drama is new to me except for Kim Myung Soo. I really enjoy watching them. They did an awesome job with this drama. I would recommend this drama over and over to anyone. :heart:  Most people just lack taste and don't like fantasy dramas. 

Meow the Secret Boy Fighting !

I love how the storyline is developing slowly, and weirdly I never found it slow. I think it was just ok to give the characters more time for character development.

I've loved Myungsoo's acting since Ruler of the Mask, and his acting here as Hong Jo is so on point. Everytime I watch this drama I smile a lot. It makes me happy after a long day. 

Are we all excited for next week's episode now that Sol Ah is going to know that Hong Jo is a real cat? 

Some new stills from KBS drama IG.. KIM MYUNG SOO IS SO HOT! I want to be the one listening to the music with him.

Spoiler

Yes you r right. Rating does not matter. Currently hospital type drama is more popular  because of corona cases I think. And other highest rating drama is not worth watching. Sometimes I think there is no reason to poor ratings of this drama, why people don't like this its discourage this drama. If  people liked my love from another star, goblin such type of drama then why they r not liking this drama. Now maximum articles are saying it is the most  lowest rating serial in kbs drama. Even I saw maximum kbs currently and old drama's ratings all are better than meow the secret boy(welcome). Because of this poor rating they reduce this serial episode from 32 to 24 I think. 

So we r all #welcome to people who want to watch this show and join us. Plz people watch this amazing cute lovestory show:heart:

22 hours ago, Farina Hossain said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes you r right. Rating does not matter. Currently hospital type drama is more popular  because of corona cases I think. And other highest rating drama is not worth watching. Sometimes I think there is no reason to poor ratings of this drama, why people don't like this its discourage this drama. If  people liked my love from another star, goblin such type of drama then why they r not liking this drama. Now maximum articles are saying it is the most  lowest rating serial in kbs drama. Even I saw maximum kbs currently and old drama's ratings all are better than meow the secret boy(welcome). Because of this poor rating they reduce this serial episode from 32 to 24 I think. 

So we r all #welcome to people who want to watch this show and join us. Plz people watch this amazing cute lovestory show:heart:

Hi everyone... first time to post on this thread but I am an avid fan of this k-drama series. I love the storyline and everything about hong jo and sol ah. is the 24 episodes confirmed already? I read it before it’s 32 eps. but if due to the low ratings then that’s a sad reason. Why don’t they give the drama a shot anyways? It’s worth watching. They judge the entire series at first without watching all the episodes itself.

47 minutes ago, MitzB said:

Hi everyone... first time to post on this thread but I am an avid fan of this k-drama series. I love the storyline and everything about hong jo and sol ah. is the 24 episodes confirmed already? I read it before it’s 32 eps. but if due to the low ratings then that’s a sad reason. Why don’t they give the drama a shot anyways? It’s worth watching. They judge the entire series at first without watching all the episodes itself.

Yes KBS confirmed it on their IG that we are left with 2 more weeks of Hong Jo. *cries*

I will miss cat Hong Jo and human Hong Jo. And if you all want to watch the English subs version of behind the scenes, you can search under "Pawie Subs" in YouTube. Its really cute and entertaining. Myungsoo is a really good actor and he behaves like a cat.

Welcome to this thread and hope you will post more!

23 hours ago, Farina Hossain said:

ow maximum articles are saying it is the most  lowest rating serial in kbs drama. Even I saw maximum kbs currently and old drama's ratings all are better than meow the secret boy(welcome). Because of this poor rating they reduce this serial episode from 32 to 24 I think. 

Yes I am sad when they say it is the lowest rating in KBS drama. It really does not deserve it. I've watched other dramas that I gave up halfway but definitely not this!

Let's come here to talk about the drama after Wed's episodes! 

Yes I am looking forward to see Wednesday's episode. Sol ah will come to know hong Joe's real identity. Then what will happen will sol ah except honjoh as his soulmate? And also in the preview we saw ja soon snatched hong Joe's chain and we all know without this chain hong jo can not be able to turn human. So much mysterious in upcoming episodes. Plz keep watching it and support this drama.

34 minutes ago, summer2017 said:

Yes KBS confirmed it on their IG that we are left with 2 more weeks of Hong Jo. *cries*

I will miss cat Hong Jo and human Hong Jo. And if you all want to watch the English subs version of behind the scenes, you can search under "Pawie Subs" in YouTube. Its really cute and entertaining. Myungsoo is a really good actor and he behaves like a cat.

Welcome to this thread and hope you will post more!

Yes I am sad when they say it is the lowest rating in KBS drama. It really does not deserve it. I've watched other dramas that I gave up halfway but definitely not this!

Let's come here to talk about the drama after Wed's episodes! 

Honestly I don't think this drama left are only for two weeks. Because kbs channel is promoting so much of this drama. Most of the people watch this drama some online platforms like drama cool, kiss Asian this will not be counted. It is a teenage type drama adult and senior person they will not like this kind of drama. In this lockdown they will watch the world of the married, hospital playlist kind of serials throw the tv.

Archived