[Drama 2019-2020] Woman of 9.9 Billion, 99억의 여자

larus

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

The characters in particular make some really bad choices. In particular Seo Yeon & now her stupidity has infected Tae Woo it seems.:rolleyes: Just why did she freeze when the taser was right there I wonder??!!:crazy: And why the heck didn't she run out of the elevator or shut the doors for goodness sakes!? OY, I was so frustrated it was unhealthy LoL.:P

Tae Woo's suppose to be a seasoned detective and yet he ran out with the envelope in full view for the thugs to see.:unamused: He could've concealed the flash drive elsewhere (is it too much to hope LoL?) But nope.  

I agree with you about Tae Woo however, Seo Yeon is a victim of domestic abuse. I have seen women who haven't seen their abusers in YEARS but as soon as that person walks into a room their body clamps up and it's as if they have been transported back in time. I appreciate how the writers have Seo Yeon asserting herself and being boss but when she's in a situation where it looks like she might get hurt (elevator scene and when the thugs in the office enclosed her) it's like her eyes switch and she looks like the Seo Yeon when her husband was beating her in their apartment. 

But I don't like how they have Tae Woo smiling at Seo Yeon's text...please have them BOTH heal and get out of this mess before the romance. IDK just me being annoying. 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, triplem said:

Managed to catch the 1st half & I always wonders why her friend keeps the sleazy husband around .  But I definitely laughed my head off when he discovered the money is gone.  

That was my favorite part from ep 9-10. I wanted to see his face because he was really a jerk. The more I see him the more I dislike him.

Why Yoon Hee-Joo married a lousy man like him?

That phycho husband knows about the money and he managed to find and catch Seo Yeon. Damn! We saw how the connection between all the characters were made. I laughed when Jang Geum-Ja, the old lady,  called the ganster Black Bear to launder the money and he just left the initial owner of that money. I was sure there was a conection. Not to tell about Tae Woo.

Regardless of the predictibility, I want Seo yeon and Tae Woo to succeed (Seo yeon to keep the money and get a new life and Tae Woo to catch the corrupt cop and prove his innocence.) Hope both will bring down the baddies.

WhoA :sleepy: that ending scene look intense! :fearful: With Seo Yeon approaching Hee Ju & Jae Hun.. 

Speakin' of, her psycho hubby's confrontation at the staircase yikes :scream: and his continuous torture of her.. Oh btw is Tae Woo made of iron LMFAo!? I lost count over the times he's been beaten already. :joy:

What's that potty mouth Grandma's connection to Hee Ju's dad?? That's a moving scene of both brothers, Tae Hyeon appearing in Tae Woo's dreams..   

I am not sure if I should ship Tae Woo/Seo Yeon, but I do! 

Tae Woo, truly seems like a cop. He is honest and tries to do the right thing. He helps her out for the sole reason that she seems to needs it. He doesn't even ask anything in return. Soo Yeon obviously appreciates this. (and I applaud her for nearly paying 5 million to save him. Lmao. Even Tae Woo didn't think he was worth of that much)

Plus, It's adorable how crazy dog Tae Woo can fight dozens of gangsters but can't admit that he cares about our nice housewife. 

On another note, HEE JU IS A SCARY PERSON AS WELL! If she managed to con grandma then she is definitely a strong player here.

SY already made the decision to keep the money so she needs to toughen up. If she’s not ready to deal with scary people she had better give their money back. I understand that she’s afraid of her husband but she needs to psychologically prepare herself for the next confrontation because now he knows her secret too and doubtless he will still continue to hunt her down. On a side note, if she has spare time, maybe she should go take a self defense class. 

As to TW, wow. He just let him brother’s hard work disappear? What a waste! They need to wise up because right now the only smart people in this show seem to be the psycho husband and apparently Hee Ju. 

Woha! i'm glad she got away from the husband. hahha the way he tried to fool SY and JH at the staircase and planting that camera in TW's apartment, man! he is on another psychotic level. Incidentally when he played the music while abusing SY reminds me of the movie Sleeping with the Enemy and the drama Love in Sadness. 

I had a feeling they were tied in together, HJ's father, the old woman and those villains. It was interesting when they played out their connection by shifting the scenes from Mr Kim to HJ's father and they were practically saying the same thing 'when will that person return?' That 'person' must be that 'someone with a lot of power' that the old woman was talking about. Could it be the 'Prime Minister?' it seems that the watch that TH was wearing was awarded by the prime minister to TW. TW was making noise to TH to get rid of the watch because its worn down but TH said it was working fine. Maybe he was wearing it as a kind of reminder. 

@triplem i think i know why HJ keeps the sleazy husband around. She is another vile character much like SY's husband. She wants to hang her husband high and dry and have him begging for mercy. 

I'm wondering about the flashback scene of Seo and TH. TH said that Seo and Mr Kim was not his target. Actually Seo knew what TH was up to. Was that before the accident?

@imgreatgal

OMG, Sleeping with the Enemy & Love in Sadness both great stuff to watch. I'd highly recommend for those who haven't. Although the former will be hard to find as it's an old movie. Is it me that thinks Jae Hun look younger than Hee Ju? But the actor has very boyish looks anyway LoL. 

@NNerdy

Oh please do! I ship them too eheheh. When the female bartender intrude a potential sweet tender moment, I was fuming LoL. If the actor wasn't married irl, I'd actually think the actor has some feelings for Yeo Jeong... uh-oh poor wife. I especially look forward to just their scenes together LoL. There's just so much intense chemistry.

That's what irritates me as well @celebrianna that the villains are the ones with smarts here. I LoL hard that you suggests Seo Yeon take self defense in her spare time. Between busy concealing the cash, running away from the baddies & bein' tortured by her psycho hubby.. when does she ever get spare time LoL!?

She also always looks perfect, never disheveled which is common for abused victims. Tae Woo look more banged up than she does! Like when her psycho hubby banged her head against the kitchen counter top (in earlier ep.) she only had a tiny cut on top her forehead LoL. She had no concussion whatsoever. K-Drama logic indeed.     

@Latte_Anyday I saw the movie 'Sleeping With the Enemy" when it first came out and watched it a second time after i heard it mentioned in the drama 'Love in Sadness', its about abused wives. I'll add another on the list 'Enough' i saw it twice lol feels so good when the abused woman triumphs over the husband. Yes, JH does look younger than HJ. I don't know about in the drama but they are 14 yrs apart in real life.

“Woman Of 9.9 Billion” Leads Thursday Night Dramas With Double-Digit Ratings

Dec 20, 2019
by E. Cha
8f5e2dd48f324cdc9808cd1367e1d68e.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s “Woman of 9.9 Billion” has broken into double-digit ratings once again!

On December 19, “Woman of 9.9 Billion” managed to hit the 10 percent mark with its nationwide viewership ratings for the second time during its run so far. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the drama scored average nationwide ratings of 8.6 percent and 10.0 percent for its two parts.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1372565wpp/woman-of-9-9-billion-leads-thursday-night-dramas-with-double-digit-ratings

@imgreatgal

Ah yes! Enough was awesome too..WoW you got good taste LoL;):lol: But I think it'd be a stretch for Seo Yeon to pull off what Jennifer Lopez did in that movie eheheh just sayin' (shrug) 'Cause you know..that's JLo ahahah.:P Heck even she scared me not just her abusive ex!:w00t::blink: So if Seo Yeon turns out to be like her, this would be a different drama altogether. She might not need Tae Woo anymore & that's not good LoL:P:lol:  

KTW is the only squeaky-clean character in this story; mad bull for criminals, not afraid to fight the good fight, who loved his job, was obviously workaholic as a police officer and hence didn't even have a relationship, and obviously was given a medal/award from PM himself for being a good officer / academy student. His boss ODY is also a compassionate gangster friend (if there can be such a thing.) Everyone else is grey, polluted or corrupted, full of greed and willing to do anything for greed.

SY is an enigma right now and a very interesting woman (vulnerable and passionate, hopeless and wistful.) Maybe she has unflappable, tough exterior because she was abused for so long, she is numb? What are the odds of SY not being an ordinary housewife and having a past for e.g. parents from crime world or 'older brother' being from the crime world? Especially since it increasingly looks like every criminal, big and small, is connected to everyone else in this drama. Because why wouldn't a brother remain in touch? Maybe her family was abusive too and she changed her name to have a new start with the office manager/ businessman who turned out to be a psycho? Her saving grace is that whenever a human being's life is at stake, she foregoes the money (e.g. the dead photographer for whose son she is keeping the third half of the money; and KTW) - she also has guilt regarding not being able to help KTW's brother, so she's not soulless. Her heart is in the right place. I also think she is not infertile but just lost the baby due to IP's beatings and may not have wanted to raise a child with a monster. 

What are the odds that unexplained relative, her brother, is 'the one' criminal mastermind everyone is talking about and waiting for? Anyways, the writers may have to explain why the older brother, her only surviving relative, hasn't stayed in touch with the sis. 

What are the odds of that original caretaker of the villa for being the one who took the missing 100K from 10 mil? After all, he was as near to the accident site as SY and LJH. 

My favorite character right now is the sadomasochistic psychopath husband IP (who keeps getting beaten up by men half his size.) He is unpredictable, looney tunes, control-freak and it was a joy to see him snoop around the wifey's alleged new boyfriend - the detective - and watch a near-intimate soliloquy moment between the two! He can sense something is there and may just try to stab KTW out of spite! He is scarier than the gangsters! One thing is certain: the only way SY is getting rid of him is through 'till death do us part.' There is no way that guy is leaving her alone in peace no matter where she may end up, till he is dead and frozen and under six feet of concrete.

And of course, I look forward to seeing SY's scenes with KTW because he is all fire and she is all ice-cool and their miserable selves tend to gravitate towards hope when around each other. I don't know whether KTW will survive this drama but he seems like the most sane, selfless and non-violent person (!) she has ever come across considering the crazy husband, murderous-lover and conniving-jealous friend she's left behind (which is also ironical, because all 3 are supposed to have good stable lives and all 3 have done terrible things.) Here's hoping they band together and run a scheme against everyone and win. 

23 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

** Here I was  thinking first episode she laid her bed with 9.99 billion & she wouldn’t need a man :joy:

Oooo I ship them ...:lol: . Can’t deny their chemistry. This drama is already all sorts of crazy , so I don’t see why we can’t hv some romance. 

But I want the hubs to die a thousand deaths ! It pains me each time he abuses her . I agree that he’ll never let her go unless he’s dead . Ex - lover is easy to punish , his wife will see to it . 

Did anyone see how psycho hubs is able to track & listen to her ? Did I miss something? 

So who’s the big honcho that everyone’s afraid of ? Could it be someone with either political power or a powerful underground big boss that perhaps is now in jail & is being released soon ? Hee Ju is a revelation for me in this eps . In early episodes she just came  off as a rich spoilt lady with some sort of complex , but it turns out she’s also involved in the underworld & that foundation they have is likely just a front to launder money as well .  I think @imgreatgal , she keeps the husband around to create an image to the public - playing happy family that sort of thing 

I continue to love this drama very much . The plot is unpredictable & the pacing is great . Next week , we’ll see SY acting very strategically - I believe she’s approaching Hee Ju under Madam Jang’s guidance. 

BTS with interviews with the cast

9.9 Billion Won Woman: Episodes 9-12 Open Thread

by missvictrix

99W910_1.jpg

It would be an understatement to say this is an “edge of your seat” drama! As it turns out, stealing the 9.9 billion won was the easy part for our heroine (and I wouldn’t call that easy). Though she may have new enemies, she’s also forming new alliances — and our heroine is sure going to need them.

EPISODES 9-12 WEECAP

99W910_2.jpg

Seo-yeon wakes up after taking refuge in the house of JANG GEUM-JA (Gil Hae-yeon), and it turns out this mean-spirited woman was once a well-known money lender in Myeong-dong. Now, she’s known as Grandma Jang. They strike a deal where Seo-yeon will pay off the debts on her house if Grandma Jang will do one thing for her. “Teach me how to launder money,” Seo-yeon asks.

The laundering of her huge amount of cash turns out to be tricky. Grandma Jang’s contact is a thug known as Black Bear, and he’s not only pretty nasty, but interconnected to the very thugs Seo-yeon stole the money from. Seo-yeon holds her own as best she can against this scary dude, but things start to get hairy. What better time for Tae-woo to bang down the door in rage? Turns out he has a vendetta against Black Bear as well. But more than that, this scene reunites Tae-woo and Seo-yeon and wraps their story together a little more tightly.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/9-9-billion-won-woman-episodes-9-12-open-thread/

6 hours ago, triplem said:

Did anyone see how psycho hubs is able to track & listen to her ? Did I miss something? 

We were not shown how, but the psycho hubs was able to find TW's apartment and place a hidden camera there. I think it was at the dart board, he was seen adjusting the dart board before he left the apartment.

4 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

We were not shown how, but the psycho hubs was able to find TW's apartment and place a hidden camera there. I think it was at the dart board, he was seen adjusting the dart board before he left the apartment.

At first I did not know where Phycho was when he just looked around the room but I understand where he was and what he did there when I saw that is was Tae Woo`s appartement. Very resourceful.

How Seo Yeon managed to survive all this time? He tortures her without mercy and after that he wants to treat her wounds?

Where is the truck of doom when I need it?  I hope the writer prepared a good ending for Hong In-Pyo. Let him be caught by gansters!

It was nice to see Tae Woo and Seo yeon bonding. She has a heart and she has a conscience. She brought money to save Tae Woo.

It was a surprise to see Yoon Hee-Joo and her father involved with gansters. I did not expect to see that Yoon Ho Sung be the one who framed Tae Woo. It makes sense. Tae Woo was a cop who was not afraid to investagate anyone and Yoon Ho sung did everything to hide his involvment in illegal business. Let see how much Yoon Hee Joo is involved in  the business and to know more about her character.

@JoeZee

Thank you so much for writing that. I already wanted to adress that earlier but i didnt feel like getting into that conversation.. But then there came even more posts with "Oh she is so weak/stupid for letting herself getting abused like that. She should at least fight back bla bla bla". Ugh.

I mean I wanted her to take that taser as well. I just think those reponses are not very well thought out to put it midly. And as someone mentioned you could completely see how her eyes changed. And they did a good job later on as well to give some insight into their dynamics when he hurt her and after that pretends to care for her.

I agree that Tae-Woo came off more stupid and it felt a bit out of place.

And the gangsters were the typical useless gangsters. Throwing themselves against against the car lol.

About the villains being smart. I really wouldn't call Jae-Hoon smart. Her husband is definitely very scary and also 'ressourceful' but he could have also forced her to come along and show him where the money is in person. He underestimated her. Maybe he thought that she might be lying but he never imagined that she could out of there.

That scene where she cut herself was horrific to watch. Or to be fair it was more the imagination that her face would be half cut open when she removes the tape. But it looked more like she bit her lip a bit and even that was gone a few scenes later. Tae-Woo got crushed and has a few scratches. But yeah kdrama^^

And it seems like Hee-Ju is way more cutthroat than shown before. I like that we have a new plotline for her. I feel like she has been underutilized so far.

Archived