[Drama 2019-2020] Woman of 9.9 Billion, 99억의 여자

larus

All that multiple hits to the head must've made Seo Yeon dumb probably.:rolleyes: She should've run with the money when she had the chance. Now 2 people are dead & her psycho hubby with the idiotic, Jae Hun are after her. :crazy: But I guess there'd be no drama huh LoL?!:tounge_xd::lol: 

@lebeaucouple

It all depends doesn't it? Whether you view the glass as Half Full or Half Empty. Same goes with money. I'd be lying if I said money isn't important 'cause heck it does a lot. For some people, money isn't a priority so they find contentment in other ways i.e. charity perhaps etc. Although I've only ever heard from the very wealthy that say money is insignificant. Very rarely I hear the poor or even those who come from middle class speak lightly of money. 

@Fabbo

I've watched Yeo Jeong in Parasite, Ms. Perfect, Babysitter & Haeundae Lovers. She is alright but her eyes though LoL. They (her pupils are so dark) it looks almost creepy LoL..? Regardless she's gorgeous but she's mostly known for her adult roles.:phew: 

I remember the actress who plays Hee Ju from Sky Castle & My Mister. As for the actor who play Jae Hun, he was just as ott with his expressions in another KBS Drama Your House Helper, maybe it's his style Idk LoL!? (shrug) 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The journey to make the money hers is not going to be easy... Enemies all around hunting her down ~ the original owner of money, the guy who kept demanding update from KTW (yes he seems to have separate agenda from his crazy boss), her psychopath husband, her weasel lover JH, and maybe even her chaebol best friend.

@ktcjdrama yes it's not going to be easy for our FL but the fun part for me is to see how SeoYeon will overcome these obstacles. She is starting to realize jaeHoon is bad news and I"m glad she used her brains and made that deal with TaeWoo. It's going to be cat and mouse from now on. 

Next week's episode will be interesting when she learns to launder money from the old woman. 

6 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

Now that you mentioned it, that could cause problems to SeoYeon if the police decides to investigate. And TaeWoo's car she is driving is caught on the warehouse's CCTV. 

I don’t think the photo is going to mean anything in the future. It’s a friendly token from the photographer for her. Wasn’t she already questioned by the police as to what happened when she called in the ambulance? Unless the family decided to have an autopsy and they find traces of drugs that killed her. 

TW’s car is probably illegally obtained, and the only person who would care to check the CCTV would be JH, who for sure will start to hunt for them. 

On 12/12/2019 at 3:20 PM, ktcjdrama said:

just want to say that I am so happy she's gonna smash those ship models

Mee to. if she had not done it, I would have done it myself:w00t: It was satisfying to see that she finally smashed it. Yeah, she suffer after that but it was good that Tae woo saved her.

Seo-Yeon`s husband is really crazy but Lee Jae-Hoon is not far . He lost his mind as well. The way he was looking at the money with greedy eyes. Seo Yeon wants that money badly to get a new life but Jae Hoon is at another leavel of greedy. He looks like he lost any sense of control, like he was possessed. He ordered the murder of that woman after almost killed her when he pushed her the first time. It was that hard to give her a third part? Just like Seo yeon said, they still would have had lots of money.

3 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

Um...Ew! Why on earth did abusive psycho hubby eat that bloody crab claw? I felt that crunch right down in my spine. So disturbing. 

IKR , he's a sick man and psycho...urghhh...honestly every time he hits SY , my blood boils ..so I found it particularly satisfying when TW took him down at the apartment.

-------------------------------

This drama is turning out to be such a surprise in a good way. I love how the plot is unfolding - didn't expect that both TW and SY will find out about each other's secret so soon- her stealing the money and him being the brother . It is interesting that they both read each other quite well and there's this strange unspoken trust. Hmm , you know......crazy I should say this but I won't mind some romance :P. I have not seen their previous drama but I can tell you I am feeling the tension and the chemistry.

I thought SY kept it cool today - when TW approached her in the car , she kept her wits and immediately knew TW was no cop. I thought it smart of her to negotiate with TW to tell her where the money was in exchange for the key/ information from her. I root for her ...even though we were shown that she had made some poor choices , she's not without conscience. I felt her guilt when she went to visit the photographer at the hospital. All I can say is I am glad that she and JH are over, not that it was an affair where  she was such an enthusiastic participant in the first place. I also like that she has a place of refuge in that old lady. I find their relationship rather sweet. 

I read in a synopsis that SY was also abused as a child and in the episode, the husband said she was abandoned by her parents. I think that can partially explain why she has been putting up with the abuse from the husband all this while. 

Talking about JH - looks like all his true colours are on display. Doesn't take much eh to show a person's real face - just maybe 9.9 billion won . ;) I always wonder why the wife still keeps him around ? She knows he is a womaniser and gold digger. For the daughter's sake? Or she actually falls for his sweet talk each time? 

And oh , I want her ( SY) to have that money...it is dirty money after all...finders keepers. :lol: @Ameera Ali I am truly looking forward to the payback time!

41 minutes ago, triplem said:

I read in a synopsis that SY was also abused as a child and in the episode, the husband said she was abandoned by her parents. I think that can partially explain why she has been putting up with the abuse from the husband all this while. 

How unlucky she is. She married Hong In-Pyo because she wanted to escape the abuse from home and ended up with a worst man.

He is not only abusing her phisically but emotionally as well. He accused her that they lost the child because of her. What a cruel man! The way he beats her and torture her! He is not human.  I hope the karma is getting to him in this show.

Knowing about her past, It is understandable why she did not take the courage to divorce this man until now. Having money, she has another oportunity in life. I am glad that she left home.

I felt so sorry for her when she went to the room of Hee Joo and Jae Hoon`s daughter and was looking at her with such warm eyes.

She seems aloof because has learned to keep lots of things inside but I feel like she is a volcano could erupt anytime.

Great 2 episodes. I love the pace of the drama and the intensity in the scenes. And wow they really no prisoners in this drama. First the scenes in the hospital and then the confrontation between Seo Yeon and her husband. Great job by both actors, they really didnt hold back one bit and i appreciate that. Of course it's hard to watch but that's how it should be. 

And yeah getting out of an abusive relationship is easier said than done. But i think we got some pretty good insight and how their relationship might have started etc.

For the other couple i dont really get it tbh. I mean now they have a child which complicates things but back then? I dont really see his appeal. Maybe she married him in part as some kind of an act of rebellion against her father and family? And now she doesnt want to admit it to herself.

Seo-Yeon`s husband is really crazy but Lee Jae-Hoon is not far.

This kinda stuck out to me. I mean i kind of agree that i somehow find her husband scarier but if we love look at what they have done.. The dude almost killed someone, didnt give a richard simmons about it and then ordered someone to finish her off. 

I think the way he reacted after he got slapped was really telling imo. This 'how dare you' and how he didnt even hestitate to get violent. I think that was pretty telling how he sees and treats women. Yes he doesnt hit his wife but i guess he would if he could?

And we also already got to see how he treats people who he thinks are below his class. It's pretty clear how he treats other people. And that's not some new behavior either which just started because he got greedy after he saw the money.

And to make the comparison to Seo Yeon's husband again.. Who knows how Lee Jae Hoon who have acted under different circumstances. If he was in a similar ecconomic situation etc. In fact we start to see that now once things get shaken up.

Jo Yeo Jeong fits the role of Seo Yeon beautifully. Innocently calm in her ways and her eyes show a horribly sad battered life and very suspicious of everyone.  

The old lady is alone. Her ways indicate she too must have led a rough lifestyle (kept swearing non-stop). Using this past experiences hope she will help Seo Yeon fight through life.

@sksen, it’s the “love of” money that is the root of evil and not money itself which is a useful tool. Jae Hoon is an example of the former. 

@triplem, agree with all your points. Jae Hoon has shown his true colors. I kept thinking of the conscience reversal between him and Seo Yeon as I watched the recent episodes. He actually had no qualms ordering the hit on that poor sick woman and then smiled after it was confirmed that she died. What a lunatic! I find both him and SY’s husband the same and I have to wonder at SY’s taste in men. 

As to SY’s husband, I don’t understand why the director would show us the husband beating up SY but won’t show us an equally lengthy beat down by TW. They always do this. I didn’t get enough satisfaction from just seeing TW slam his face against the table. <_< And then the husband didn’t even look disheveled after he recovered. Even TW had a bandaid on his face after his fight with the Bear guy. 

The preview looks promising. I hope SY is ready to fight. I can’t imagine that she will get to keep the money in the end but I like hearing her determination not to be stepped on anymore. I hope she wise up now with the help of potty mouth grandma. 

On 12/13/2019 at 11:16 PM, triplem said:

Hmm , you know......crazy I should say this but I won't mind some romance :P. I have not seen their previous drama but I can tell you I am feeling the tension and the chemistry.

Kim Kang-Woo & Cho Yeo-Jeong previously starred together in 2012 KBS2 drama series "Lovers of Haeundae."  :D The story was a love comedy, Cho Yeo-Jeong was a young pretty little girl back then...Now both are older and mature. I started noticing her was from her earlier drama : "I Need Romance"

Yes I agreed that they should have some romance storyline in this drama for this two leads, probably the ML cares for her more....I have a feeling that the ending could be a sad one. No matter how stealing money that are not belong to us will never be happy...it is our conscious and ethical mind that will keep biting us....

Since we are enjoying the ride of watching how she wish to learn money laundering, I hope she enjoys a sweet moment of joy with the ML and also becomes a strong woman, learn how to fight back....stay far away from the cheating guy and the abusive husband...

I hope she pick up some martial arts class since she has the money now :w00t: 

I don't understand why would anyone did not buy a lock to zip up the two trolley bags with huge sum in it especially when you need to move the bags in and out often. I don't think the lady so dumb.... I guess this will only happen in dramaland for the plot convenience sake. In real life, it will never happen when come to huge money in the bag. A key or a digital password to the lock is a must. :D

9.9 Billion Won Woman: Episodes 3-8 Open Thread

by missvictrix

99W_1.jpg

Our heroine might be sitting on a fortune, but greed puts her at odds with her lover and accomplice, and things get ugly fast. At the same time, our hero, as if woken from a spell, transforms into a sharp, insightful, and bold detective. As their stories intersect, the two meet and form an unlikely understanding.

EPISODES 3-8 WEECAP

99W_2.jpg

[This week we’re playing catch-up, but will then settle back into the weekly open threads you’re used to seeing.]

The opening week of this drama blew me away with its wild set-up and morally murky characters that I wanted to chastise and root for all at the same time. The first two episodes made it clear that this wasn’t going to be a sunny story with characters that are larger than life — instead, we have a story about desperation, greed, and revenge.

99W_3.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/9-9-billion-won-woman-episodes-3-8-open-thread/

TW investigates really well. He has discovered the secret and traced down all those money bags just in a short time. Meanwhile the gang with bunch of hired men from the company are all useless? They can't even get clues by themselves. How could a company with huge funds hires useless men like them? It's nonsense. Imho.

On 12/15/2019 at 12:01 PM, nat_phoenix88 said:

TW investigates really well. He has discovered the secret and traced down all those money bags just in a short time. Meanwhile the gang with bunch of hired men from the company are all useless? They can't even get clues by themselves. How could a company with huge funds hires useless men like them?

Tae Woo is an ex cop and he has good investigative skills but in the same time he got lucky when he encountered Seo-Yeon. I won`t subestimate the gansters. So far they let Tae Woo finds the money but they won`t rely only on him. Seo Min-Gyu (the ganster`s right man) saw the two cars went from the accident site but it won`t be long when he will start to investigate on his own. 

It will be easier for him to find out who has the money since Lee Jae-Hoon used some of the money himself.

Seo Yeon was right when she said that they need to clean the money before use them but Jae Hoon`s greed put both of them in danger. It is good that Tae Woo is on Seo yeon`s side right now. He not only saved her life, he will be a buffer between her and gansters.

Archived